South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Congratulations to everyone finishing their second week of P1! How did you all do? I re-restarted P1 last week and today is my first day of my second week. I made kale chips in my dehydrator (NuWave, actually) and they came out pretty good! Very excited to snack on them guilt-free later tonight and experiment with different flavors in the future (I'm thinking garlic parmesan!)
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I am so jealous of your dehydrator! Garlic Parmesan sounds amazing. Congrats on your first week down!

Yesterday was my official last day. I meant to do an extra day because I had pizza on Saturday, but I was so excited to be able to eat an apple that I figured I'd just move on to 1.5. Interestingly, the pizza did not make me crave carbs at all, and I was completely fine yesterday. Ever since I ate that apple this morning (with cheese!) I've been hungry. I ate lunch 30 minutes ago and I'm still hungry. Argh.

Oh well. 9 pounds down!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 151.5/149.9/135

Height: 5'4"

Congrats to everyone who made it through!!!

I had an almost-perfect P1, but I wasn't able to make it through the past weekend of friends and football without a drink (that sounds awful, doesn't it?), I had 2 vodka seltzers on Saturday night. No bar munchies though! I am down .5 lbs from week 2, which is about what I expected--I ate out a ton this past week, and even though I was OP, I'm sure it did a number on my calorie and sodium consumption.

On to P1.5! I made myself a berry smoothie for a snack this afternoon, which was my first reintroduction to fruit, and I'm making a big pot of beef and barley soup for dinner. I think I am going to try to keep it to unprocessed grains for the next week or so (barley and oatmeal vs. WW pasta and bread), and see where that takes me. I have another big week of eating out on deck (just got a new job, so everyone and their mother wants to take me out to celebrate), so I'll just have to keep chugging away...
swandive81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #109  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Dana - I can't eat fruit before noon time or it makes me crave something FIERCE! Maybe have an apple for your PM snack?
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #110  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

to the graduates!

Since I got sick last weekend, the three pounds I lost are baaaaaack...

I have decided to go back to Phase 1 but for now I am not attempting another two weeks. I just have too many events involving other people so we'll see if I can do a version of Phase 1.5. The plan is Phase 1 on my own time and when I have the freedom to order my own meals, Phase 2 at other peoples' homes.

oooh, I think I will make some dehydrator kale chips today! I always burn them in the oven (well - half burned, half not cooked enough).
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Thanks Jenn, I'm going to try that today!

Congrats on the new job, swandive!

Emma, good luck, let us know how it goes! Also, I have never successfully made kale chips in the oven for that exact reason.

Last edited by djs06; 01-17-2012 at 12:20 PM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'5"

I am new to this site, but looking forward to some great support. I am on Phase 1 also and enjoying the new recipes that are shared. Good luck to all!
TXfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote