South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 151.5/149.9/135

Height: 5'4"

I am going to a party this weekend, that's making me a bit nervous. I've already offered to play the role of DD, so I have an easy excuse for not drinking (incidentally, I always get nervous that when I don't indulge in at least one drink at a party, the rumor mill will start buzzing with pregnancy chatter. My own personal neuroses, I suppose). I plan on eating an early dinner beforehand, and bringing a veggie tray with some hummus as my contribution... this way, if there's nothing else, I've taken care of myself.

Still, it will be my first test of willpower since starting P1...
swandive81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 240/208/180

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but have been doing SB since July 2011. I've lost around 32 pounds so far, and have set an initial goal of 28 more.

I'm redoing P1 (started yesterday) after allowing myself to enjoy the holidays (and gain 4 pounds). Anyway, it's great to read all of your posts and see that I'm not alone ... the headache comes back even when you're "re-doing" P1! But I'm anxious to kick the cravings and restart my weight loss.

Thanks for the support!
JDS4MU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #63  

Height: 5'8"

Swandive, I hear you, because if I didn't drink at a party people would also start wondering about pregnancy and it's just awkward. Being the DD is a good excuse and if people say "you can have just one" just blow it off and say if you have one you'll want more.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #64  

Mmckellen, I am glad I'm not the only one! Whenever I am with my DH's family, who are all a bit baby-crazy, I am sure to have a least one drink, regardless of whether I want it or not. It's easier than answering dumb questions!

Weighed myself this AM, down 2.7lbs since Monday. Water weight for sure, but it's encouraging
Old 01-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #65  

Height: 5' 7"

Day 6 for me today, woke up feeling great, so glad to get the major detox behind me. Now the battle will be the weekend, I do really well op at work- we have a cafeteria with a salad bar so if I don't pack a lunch I always have a back up.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #66  

Hello All! How is everyone doing?
I think I am diong well. I have a hard time earlier in the day with getting that satisfied feeling from eating. I eat breakfast feel good and then 10 minutes later I feel "hungry". Maybe it's not real hunger but I've been pushing forward and not listening to it. Usually, by dinner I am pretty hungry. Once I am about finished with dinner I get that satisfied/almost full feeling - and that's encouraging. I guess I just wish I got it earlier in the day. But it's good to know that I am finally getting that satisfied/full feeling, because at the beginning it was hard - I was always hungry after meals. I am finally starting to drink more water too, so I think that may be helping.
sanaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Swandive, bringing that tray is a great idea! I am sure others will appreciate it as well. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, good luck... you can do this! (You too, PearlRose!) Congrats on the loss so far.

JDS, check in with us soon! How did your first day go?

Sanaylor, I completely understand where you're coming from. I think mine is usually from being used to snacking and no longer able to do that (at least not the way I used to and still want to, lol). Water is very helpful. I like to drink flavored seltzer and it seems like that fills me up too. Actually I drank some this morning and I completely forgot about my morning snack, so I guess it's about that time!

Day 5 for me, doing okay... going to a game night this weekend with my gf's friends, that might be tricky foodwise... oh well, I'll figure it out.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #68  

Height: 5'8"

Sanaylor, what are you eating for breakfast that leaves you feeling unsatisfied so soon after?
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #69  

@DJS06, thanks for the encouragement! I am not too worried, I'm actually not a huge drinker, so the thought of making it through one night isn't terrible, and I should have no problem staying away from the munchies since I am not really craving them.

On a similar note, how sweet is this--my DH offered to have his 30th birthday celebration the week after his actual birthday, so I won't feel compelled to break P1. He's a keeper!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #70  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

FRENCHIE!!!!!!!! Um, just saw your tickie. AWESOME JOB girl!!!!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #71  

Height: 5' 7"

How is everyone doing so far? Day 8 for me and still going strong, I believe I will do the full 2 weeks. Got on the scale on Saturday and I lost 6 lbs in the first week, so I am back to before Holiday weight and time to keep on moving. I have also decided to do Phase 1.5 after the two weeks to keep the weight going.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #72  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

swan - very thoughtful of him!

Hope you all are doing well. It's great to see you all posting!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

This is day 6 for me and 3 lbs. down. I'm happy with this. I hope to do the rest of the week phase 1. I have had a few challenges with off plan items so this may slow it down.
ABue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

hubs made me chocolate covered strawberries for my birthday. He is the sweetest man ever and I am re restarting P1 tomorrow.
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #75  

Happy birthday Katie! That's so sweet of him!

First official weigh-in and I am down 3.4 lbs. I am really pleased--that's the most I've ever lost on week one. That said, I am working hard; trying to keep calories in check as well as keep OP, which I've never really focused on before. But at least it's paying off! If I can bring it down to a solid 5lbs by the end of phase 1, I think I'll be in a really good place.