South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I'm feeling like I have the "Phase One flu!" again! I feel constantly "hungry" and I use that loosely because I know it's just my body freaking out at its starvation of wheat and sugar. hah! And a permanent headache that just won't kick itself away. I want to go exercise, but I feel like I'd drag my butt through it all.
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #47  

Height: 5'4"

Day 3 for me! I was running late and rushing today and didn't even have time to eat my (already prepared) egg muffin. I threw two SB peanut butter cookies in my mouth as I ran out the door (fortunately they're small :P). I'll have to make sure I get going a bit earlier tomorrow.

@fozentusic -- I'm with you on the dragging. I'm waiting for phase 2 to start into exercise again. I'll have more normalized energy levels and the January rush at the gym will be starting to cool!
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #48  

Height: 5' 7"

I am on Day 4 and in full headache mode. I think I should be fine by tomorrow, but I am also battling a cold starting.

I barely made it through my workout this morning but slugged along. Keep up the good work everyone
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I feel much better today than yesterday. I got really nauseous and felt disgusting, but then I drank some milk (it really works! I went from feeling like death to feeling normal in less than 30 minutes). I'm tired today but otherwise feeling pretty good.

I'm only on day 3 but I honestly can't believe this actually works for me. I'm always skeptical but I told myself I could do anything for 14 days and I really don't think I'm going to have a problem doing it.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #50  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

doing OK so far! Probably with too much caffeine, but hey, one battle at a time.

The one - and probably only - thing good about putting on weight quickly and jumping on to a P1 is that the weight comes off more quickly, for me at least. I am down 2.4 lbs in a few days. In the past it has taken me more than six months to lose that much. hahaha I know, water weight/fluctuations/whatever, but it feels good to see a smaller number rather than an steadily increasing one. I have almost earned my 10-lb chick back

OK, I "cheated" a little last night. In my yoga class, my muscles were cramping up all over the place. I drank a coconut water (60 cal/15 g sugar) because it has 2x the potassium of a banana and I didn't have any multivitamins around. Seems to have worked! And I didn't go into munchy-monster mode so I guess it didn't sabotage my efforts.

Though - coconut water only has 16% of the USRDA for potassium... wonder why it helped so much. I did eat beans too that supposedly provide ~30% (didn't know that until I just looked it up) so that was probably more helpful. Something else to think about if I keep having cramping muscles. Other good sources include winter squash, yogurt, tomato sauce and spinach, all of which I ate yesterday. Don't understand the cramping... but it did go away eventually...

Next time I will just eat beans! Live and learn.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #51  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Today is my first "official" day of phase I. So far so good. Dinner is going to be fajita chicken, beans, and salad. It's going to be yummy!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

sanaylor - on breakfast, I enjoy turkey roll ups (I take one slice turkey, blob of cream cheese, sprinkle of nature's seasonings..and whatever veggies...I use onion, peapod, and color pepper...I eat two of these). As many say here, think outside of the box. This morning, I just had leftover pinto beans with ham...held me really good at work.
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #53  

Height: 5'4"

Small oops at lunch. Moving on...
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #54  

Day 4. Ah, last night I got the munchies, but I resisted. Well, I had two pieces of puppy chow but I stopped and threw it out. I also asked my gf what she wasn't planning on eating (we have all sorts of leftover holiday goodies, to the point that they don't fit in the pantry and were just sitting out on the counter). We went through it and she was fine with dumping the things that were especially triggering to me (fudge and puppy chow). I am shocked I've been able to pass it up, but last night I got a little bit cranky about it and bored with my food, probably because I've been eating leftovers. Tonight I'm making the mashed cauliflower with chicken and a salad, so that's a little different at least. And today is day 4 and I'm already down 3.8. Yay!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

day 3. not craving sweets but was kinda sick of them anyways by the end of the holidays. tomorrow is my birthday and i keep thinking of all these places that i would looooove to go out to eat... but i've already lost 2.9lbs and don't want to mess that up!!!
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 308/298/200

Height: 5'9"

Sanaylor - I have to eat non-breakfast food for breakfast sometimes because I can't stomach 14 days of eggs. I regularly eat leftovers for breakfast.

I'm thrilled to be down my holiday 5 in my first 2 days back on phase 1. Good bye water weight!
thefrenchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #57  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Day 4. Ah, last night I got the munchies, but I resisted. Well, I had two pieces of puppy chow but I stopped and threw it out.
Wow, I had to Google "puppy chow" - it sounded like you were so hungry you resorted to eating the dog's food ... I looked at a recipe and I wonder if you could beachify that for a treat in Phase 2 - whole wheat Chex, dark chocolate, natural peanut butter, healthy butter substitute... the only problem would be the powdered sugar. Maybe a *light* dusting of arrowroot powder and/or make Splenda powdered sugar in the blender... just a thought for later...

I made vegan "queso" yesterday - mostly cashews with vegetable broth, peppers/onions, nutritional yeast, miso, spices, a bit of arrowroot powder (prob. not technically for Phase 1 but it is a small amount). It doesn't exactly taste like cheese but it is SO GOOD. I used it instead of hummus for my veggies yesterday (1/4 of the whole recipe would = 1 nut serving).

Still keeping on plan 'cept I didn't eat enough yesterday. After the vegan queso divergence I was just bored with all my choices and feeling lazy about more cooking... so I didn't eat dinner, just a mozzarella cheese stick. BAD!

congrats to asphyxia and djs06 and anyone else who has already seen losses! I am down 3.2 lbs as of today, woo hoo I earned my 10-lb chick back.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I just made DH a sandwich on the most delicious bread ever from my favourite bakery. I resisted the urge to steal some. I ate my meat and cheese on a boston lettuce leaf. Borrring. haha. I can't believe it's only day 5. I feel like it's been longer, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not. But the scale seems to be slowly creeping down...
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #59  

Emma, that is too funny. I was wondering if anyone would think that... I did when I was first introduced to it... I'd never heard of the stuff until recently (I believe there is also another name for it... nutty buddy? something like that). And I sure wish I never had! Haha. That is an AMAZING idea to beachify it for a treat in phase 2. It hadn't occurred to me at all... I haven't gotten quite far enough to think of substitutions etc.

That dip sounds REALLY delicious! The hummus can get very boring after while so it sounds like that's a great substitution. And I can relate to not wanting to cook... ugh. Congrats on earing the 10 lb chick back!

Frenchgirl, that must be a great feeling! Congrats! It is amazing to lose your holiday weight in literally 2 days.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #60  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I haven't stepped on the scale (I can't lie, I'm scared to) - but I'm not feeling carby and sluggish like I was when I indulged during the holidays.

I've been really good this week...but the weekend isn't here. That's when I tend to get into the most trouble.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote