South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 233/197/145

Height: 5'3"

Hanging in there... I am so TIRED though!
This happens every time I try a carb restricted diet... I am holding on though.

Good meal plan for today and I took a two mile walk .
lees3rwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #32  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Make sure you are getting your 2 dairy servings and have some beans every day to help with the detox and tiredness.

Nutmeg - Check out the recipes here too. There are lots of great ideas. I still love skimming through when I hit a rut. The other day I found a recipe I posted three years ago and had forgotten all about!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Count me in! The past few months have been rough and I've gained back at least half of what I lost! Yesterday and today weren't too bad but not strict P1. Tomorrow is my first day off of the new year and I will be shopping and meal planning for two weeks of P1!
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 233/197/145

Height: 5'3"

I had some navy beans with dinner and I think that helped.
It is really going to take some playing around to figure out what works best!

And boy, you guys weren't kidding about all of the prep... this is WORK!
lees3rwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

How's everyone doing today? I'm feeling rather miserable... I went and had my 'normal' morning workout this morning, and it was TOUGH. No way of knowing whether it was the 9 pounds of bloat I put on over the holidays, the fact that I have been sick and then away and therefore not at the gym for at least 2 weeks, or the fact that I didn't sleep enough last night.

Nevertheless... I'm exhausted and my stomach is feeling unsettled and I don't even want to think about my midmorning snack. Bleh. I know this is part of the process and I'm just detoxing HARD especially after eating so unhealthily over the last 2 weeks, but uggggggggggggggh.

I'm thinking I'll stick with the workout plan in Supercharged for the phase one, at least for the most part. I like getting in more cardio but I don't think that'll happen for the next few weeks. On the positive side, 2 lbs of the bloat is gone and it's only been a day. I will be relieved if I can get rid of all of my holiday weight during the first 2 weeks.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #36  

Hello All!! I just started this again yesterday. So far soo good.
I did SB before about a year ago and did well until we went on vacation and didn't stick to anything and ate whatever we wanted. So, now we are ready to make this a life long way of eating for health. Good luck everyone!
sanaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

lees - it gets easier and becomes second nature. I enlist the DH to do some sous-chef work like chopping vegs. I also stock my freezer with meals as I make larger quantities.

Day 3 for me. I find days 3-5 the most difficult, getting over the hump and ignoring the carb cravings!

We can do it!
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 308/298/200

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Girls! We (my husband, my best friend & I) have been on a 3 week vacation from South Beach. I'm up 5 pounds, but I'm not sweating it. We enjoyed all our old favorites over the holidays and a couple of family birthdays. I am ready & excited to be launching 2 weeks of Phase 1 today and know that I will quickly drop those 5 pounds. Much to the chagrin of my office mates, I had stinky eggs & canadian bacon for breakfast. I will Zumba after work, then have venison roast & a big salad for dinner. Good luck & HAPPY NEW YEAR! PS. Drink water!!!
thefrenchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #39  

starting off rough already... i made a bunch of hard boiled eggs last night and undercooked the whole batch! i've never done that before!
i was really looking forward to deviled eggs for breakfast too!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 136/126/123

Height: 5'2"

I stuck to the plan today. My treat was pb cookies (carb free) - kept me honest. Even went to a gym class(almost died lol). Ill prep my food tonight for tomorrow.
srego909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #41  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphyxia63 View Post
starting off rough already... i made a bunch of hard boiled eggs last night and undercooked the whole batch! i've never done that before!
i was really looking forward to deviled eggs for breakfast too!
Aw, that stinks. I have gone back and re-boiled eggs that were undercooked but that was fairly soon after the original boiling... you could try to boil one of them for 5 minutes or so and see how it turns out? I did a quick web search and the results seem to be mixed but with mostly "rubbery" being the verdict. At least it is a good experiment if you haven't already tossed them.

Maybe they would be OK as-is for egg salad? Esp. if the whites are of a good consistency and the yolks just a little underdone.

When I was looking for the answer about re-boiling, I came across this post about steaming eggs. Interesting. I have never tried this before but I think I will try it next time I want hard-cooked eggs. Supposedly they are easier to peel, even with really fresh eggs.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
Aw, that stinks. I have gone back and re-boiled eggs that were undercooked but that was fairly soon after the original boiling... you could try to boil one of them for 5 minutes or so and see how it turns out? I did a quick web search and the results seem to be mixed but with mostly "rubbery" being the verdict. At least it is a good experiment if you haven't already tossed them.

Maybe they would be OK as-is for egg salad? Esp. if the whites are of a good consistency and the yolks just a little underdone.

When I was looking for the answer about re-boiling, I came across this post about steaming eggs. Interesting. I have never tried this before but I think I will try it next time I want hard-cooked eggs. Supposedly they are easier to peel, even with really fresh eggs.
I read reviews about them not turning out well after re boiling so i chucked them. They were impossible to peel anyways. I picked up another batch today and these were successful
Old 01-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Lees - BTW - the tiredness is temporary - only 2-4 days. Probably because you don't have all that sugar in ya!

Thank goodness for these threads...it helps so much to have people going thru this with you. People at work just think I'm crazy!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #44  

let's keep up the good work. SOme days/moments are rough, but we have to push through.

I find breakfast the hardest for me. I am never quite satisfied.. any ideas for breakfast othe than eggs???
sanaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 176/145

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say well done everyone on starting things off. Let's keep the momentum going! I have one day under my belt and I am not craving sugar the way I thought I would, but I'm only day 2 I actually found it hard to eat this morning--so much protein and fat (eggs, turkey bacon, mushrooms, kale). That's after a bunless turkey burger/cheese/salsa/avocado for dinner and chicken walnut salad for lunch yesterday. I feel like I could use an apple or something---something fresh for my system I guess. Anyway, keep on keepin' on!

Jessica
jessicags is offline   Reply With Quote