South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 200?/191.5?/125

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

koolaid: Fantastic!!!! 10 lbs is awesome

All the talk yesterday about that taco bake made me sooo hungry for it....had never made it before and when I realized I already most of the ing's on hand (little over a pound of ground turkey that was already cooked up), I trotted off to the store for the rest and made myself a batch---my fam doesn't care much for beans and all the veg's in the recipe--oh my goodness....it was so good, that I had a little extra. This recipe is a definite keeper. I divvied up the rest into separate plastic containers and that will be dinner for the next several days. I think this is going to be one of my "go to" dishes this autumn/winter.

I'm beginning to notice that my cravings have waned dramatically. It's an incredible feeling to see that bag of potato chips and truly say I don't want that. Even the chocolate cake that my DH and DS haven't polished off yet (what's wrong with them, they must be coming down with something lol) is losing its appeal. Still haven't licked the serving spatula after serving up a piece for my son. It's just not worth it. At the beginning of this phase I was
feeling a bit deprived. But now I feel deprived like one would feel deprived of poison. Hoping it stays that way.

Congratulations to everyone and continued success today!
Laura
Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 200?/191.5?/125

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

Viv--hang in there with those cravings. Have you made the taco bake yet?
I made it last night and that's a definite comforty type food. Also, adding some beans to your meal might help with the bread/pasta cravings as they tend to be a bit more substantial than greens. The recipe in the book for the mashed cauliflower is pretty good and I had that when DH was having potatoes. Hope this helps. You're doing great!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #168  
viv

Unhappy Thanks

You guys are great. I had the day from you know where today and really needed something positive! I haven't tried the famous taco bake but apparently must this weekend - if you all love it this much there must be something wonderful about it!

The cravings are gone when I am at work but when home it's hard. Will have a baked eggplant parmesan tonite (I suspect the jarred sauced is a little high on sugar) but all else is quite legal. It's just eggplant (not fried at all), sauce, low fat mozzarella baked for a LONG time to get nice and mushy and comforting. Again, I'll wind up not weighing tomorrow because I worry about the salt in jarred sauce....

Gotta go drive the kids somewhere now (1 hr round trip, sigh) - am so tired and frustrated from work that I think a pity party is in order when I get home. No chocolate, huh? Okay, a hot shower, good chick book and a warm bed....

3 more days till PH II - I still don't know what to start with for introducing carbs. Any great insights into successful additions?

Old 09-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #169  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I added back Fiber One cereal. So far that's the only thing I've added back on a regular basis. Occasionally I'll add a meal replacement bar or a SB brand wrap, but I don't really like those all that well.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:56 PM   #170  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

so, i've decided to take the plunge, and started phase one today. it's not as hard as I thought, although it is challenging. but I feel different after no carb meals than after one of carbs. I also realized that I was eating A LOT of carbs. sometimes two or three with a meal. so this is a real change.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 PM   #171  

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Default Day 3 of my restart.

Hello everyone,
3 days back on and it feels oh to familiar. At least I know I will feel better in a couple of day's.

After fasting (Drs orders) last thursday and most of Friday when I got home I had visitors.
Mum had made dinner, 'pasta and garlic bread'. Honestly I was so hungry I ate it all . Then the next day more of Mum's home cooking .

When I weighed myself on Monday I had put on the 6lb that I had lost on p1,
2weeks on the beach down the drain. 3 days to gain it back.

So back on the beach with a lesson learned.

I will always have something beach freindly on stand by and try to never get that hungry again.

Bye from Karen....

Last edited by mecca1; 09-18-2007 at 11:28 PM. Reason: ! put 8lb instead of 6
Old 09-19-2007, 02:40 AM   #172  

Whew... I have to admit to really struggling at the moment. My food is great.. loads of vege, about a cup of pulses per day, 2 serves of dairy and protein at every meal and about 3-4 litres of water - and yet I am totally exhausted. I mean really exhausted!

Last time I did P1 I felt a bit run down for two days, but was able to maintain my regular levels of exercise. AFter the first few days I felt brilliant

But I am having a hard time even walking between classes at the moment, let alone getting any work done.

I have an internship to get ready for, research for my mini thesis and 4 papers due. My workload is truly enormous at the moment. I think if I am still feeling dodgy after tomorrow I will add some oats for breakfast and a mountain wrap for lunch and see how I feel. Perhaps I may just launch into phase 2 and see how I go

Any other suggestions????
Old 09-19-2007, 02:41 AM   #173  

I should add that when I mean exercise at the moment - it is simply around the campus and chasing my 5 year old I have put my structured exercise on hold for P1
Old 09-19-2007, 02:43 AM   #174  

Ohh Mecca.. I am sorry. That must be really disappointing for you! I am sure that 6 pounds will drop off easily for you
Old 09-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #175  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Marianna-About my third or fourth day in to Ph1 I was feeling quite sluggish and rundown. I thought this was because of my coffee and sugar withdrawal considering I had a heavy espresso addiction to get through the day.

However, this week I kind of feel the same except without the headaches. I think this is because I'm actually not eating enough. I'm going to start bringing in more things to snack on that are legal for ph 1 like veg and anything else that tickles my fancy in the snack section. I dunno if this helps...let me know how you get on.

Another super day on the beach for me. I had my shake in the morning, a big salad for lunch and a stirfry and scrambled egg for dinner. I couldn't go to the gym cause I was wicked busy after work AND I have a massive blister on my left foot !
Old 09-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #176  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Day 11 here. It's getting easier to resist the carbs cravings now, I didn't even want any of the kids' graham crackers or the chip or cookie samples at Costco today. The fruit cravings are harder, though, I've always loved fruit. I was really tempted while I was cutting up some mango for the kids!

6 lbs down, though. I tried on my black dress that I'm wearing to the ball and it does fit better without that 6 lbs, not quite so many lumps. That's motivation enough to keep me going! Plus, as I was doing my shopping today I realized that I was continually hiking up my pants.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #177  

Default just dropping by

Hi Everyone,
Been so busy here at work, that I haven't had time to come by and chat.
Hope all is well with everyone.
Kestral- Keep it up...(not only your pants) haha...
Jenn- Glad to hear things are going well for you despite the headaches

I'll be back once I get a minute to breathe...

ciao for now,
di
Old 09-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #178  

Thanks Jenny,I will keep sticking to it and see what happens
Old 09-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #179  

Ohh I just realised my cycle is due in the next few days. That might be the reason for the exhaustion. So back on the wagon today
Old 09-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Well.........one week has passed and I lost 5. There is a long, long road ahead but this isn't bad. I've been in a few situations and wasn't even tempted to eat the wrong things. Thanks for all of your encouragement. Let's all get through another week successfully.
Closed Thread