South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #16  
Constant vigilance!

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Hiya all you P1ers! Just wanted to pop in and tell you, you CAN do it! I'm on my 2 week of P2 and just amazed at the difference in how I look and how I feel. Honestly, I gave the SBD a try but I really didn't think it would work as well as it has. Also, in the book, Dr. says you lose most in your abdomen at first. I thought that was complete crapola (pardon my french) because I had always heard that it was impossible to lose (or target) a lot in just one area.

Well, I was wrongo! Not only have I dropped enough pounds to be noticeable but I've lost a total of 3 1/2 inches from my waist already! yippppeeeee!! 8-)

It is very easy, for me at least, to stay motivated since the results are so quick.

hugs to you guys... you are awesome!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 249/204/125

Height: 5'3"

How is everyone doing out there?
I had a really bad night last night. I made a protein shake for a late snack, added a spoon of fiber. Big mistake. The pain finally subsided around 6AM, and I slept most of the day after that. I have a very sensitive gut, IBS, and overall this way of eating works really well for me, but no more fiber!
Otherwise, I've had an awesome on program day, and the scale is moving like crazy! I love phase 1!
B - B. quiche to go (2)
L - Tuna & salmon salad with L. mayo, onion & celery
D - lean burger patty with cheese, mushrooms & onions sauteed in pam, and side salad with lt. Ranch.
S - will be yogurt (plain with splenda & vanilla), & raw veggies (tomatoes, celery and green beans)
doing great with water - over 100 oz.
exercise - not so good - someone needs to come over here and light a fire under my lazy hiney
Old 08-22-2007, 11:29 PM   #18  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Default Day One Is Over

Phase one, day one is officially over. It was both better and worse than I thought. I did okay with the planning and executing except for the pecan I made this weekend. I ate almost a cup of the pieces instead of stopping at 15. I could only find the pieces at the grocery store this weekend, and I should have just waited to go to the pecan place instead. They weren't even that good, I was just stress eating. But better that than killing a co-worker, and at the time, it felt like it was going to be an either/or kind of choice.

Kathi - I hear you about the IBS, I've never been offically diagnosed, but some things just set me off like that, mostly wheat products which is why SB sounded so right for me. Would you believe that my mom's doctor told her extra fiber would help her IBS? That just sounds wrong to me.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:35 AM   #19  
faylene

Default restarted..again and again

good morning everybuddie
well my name is faylene i just turned 50 and need to lose at least 50lbs. i did sb about 4yrs agao and it was the only diet that worked for me and i was shocked at easy i lost cuz i had tried them all and nothing well im back and cant seem to get on track!!! ive been trying for 3wks and lost nothing. so hopefully coming here every day will help me stay true. everyone have a great day im gonna try
faylene
Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Coming here and posting will help. There's lots of support to give and get in here. As someone said a while ago "Lurking ain't working"!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning everyone! D4 of P1 today and I'm still feeling great! Had a good tough workout with my trainer last night and am stiff and sore this morning, but nothing too terrible! I'm down 4 lbs since Monday, so that's great. I'm 1 lb away from where I initially started this month.

How's everyone else doing? Have a great day!

~Kim
Old 08-23-2007, 11:14 AM   #22  
camsmom

S/C/G: 172/169/140

Height: 5'4

Default Phase I ....still

Hi folks,

I have been on phase one for about 8 days now and I have lost only 3 lbs! Drinking about 32 ozs. water a day, down to one large cup of coffee with one Splenda and powdered creamer, salads, veggies, etc.! Trying not to get discouraged. Any suggestions on how I can improve my menu? Here is a sample of what my daily menu looks like:

Breakfast- Eggbeaters egg whites with onions, 2 slices of turkey bacon, 1 tbs. salsa
Snack- 2% milk cottage cheese
Lunch - mixed greens salad with either chicken or tuna (starkist flavored tunas are awesome), sugar free jello
Snack - 2% milk cheesestick, or celery with ff ranch dressing or plain ff yogurt w/one Splenda
Dinner - steamed veggies with sometype of grilled meat
Old 08-23-2007, 01:06 PM   #23  

camsmom - Not everyone loses a lot of weight on phase 1 depending on how they were eating before. This is really the phase to lose the cravings. The weight will come off gradually over time in phase 1 and 2. I only lost 4 lbs total the first time I did phase 1. You could try increasing your water. Also make sure you are getting at least 4 1/2 cups of veggies.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies, wishing you success on Ph1! It'll be over with before you know it.

camsmom, I didn't lose a ton on PH1, 5 lbs total and most of that in the second week. But I've lost steadily ever since, so don't panic. Lots of people lose that big lump at the start, but not everyone.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #25  
camsmom

Default Thanks!

It's nice to talk(write) to others who are doing the same as you! I realized that I over did cashews and almonds this weekend, I ate them like crazy. Once I stopped, I lost the 3 pounds by Monday. I hope to start P2 by next Sunday. I was hoping to be one of those folks that lost the 7-13 lbs. in the 1st 2 weeks, but so be it, some weight is better than no weight.

I have lost the cravings for junk food, and alot of food cravings period. Now I only eat when I am hungry. But, I feel like going to phase 2 will stop the weight loss.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:06 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

I just restarted phase one today!

I was slipping back into old habits. After seeing the scale be 3.6 pounds higher than my most recent low, I knew that I had to make a difference! I am glad I started now and didn't wait to gain back ten- 3.6 is bad but it beats 10
Old 08-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #27  
FirmingDi

S/C/G: 228/228/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!
I'm starting phase 1 today. I really hoping to be successful. I'm standing up in my sister's wedding Sept 29 and I need to lose some weight for the dress. It's tight at this point. Best of luck to all!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #28  
camsmom

Still on P1, and stuck at 3 lbs weight loss. I realize that I have to incluse more veggies. Does V8 count as a serving or 2 of vegetables? I love the low sodium V8 and it is easier to drink than making tons of veggies a day.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:22 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Camsmom, V8 does count as a serving of veggies. I think it's 1/2 cup is a serving. Please correct me if I'm wrong, SB experts. I drink it every day because I am challenged getting in all the veggie servings. But I also try to eat the veggies as well. I think it's important to get the fiber and bulk too. I am getting better with the veggies, so just keep trying to get all those servings in, and it'll get easier. Almost everything I cook, I try to think how I can sneak some vegetables in there.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:07 PM   #30  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Woot indeed! Too bad we can't get it in Canada! Yes, one has to be very careful when switching to Phase II. Lots of folks talk about Phase I.5!
Closed Thread