South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #76  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Don't give up, just keep on going! I'm a soda junkie too, so giving up my Coke has been one of the hardest things for me.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #77  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Until I turned 30 I was a Coke (the cola, not the drug) junkie. When I decided to give it up, I switched to Diet Mt. Dew. Changing "flavors" made it easier to adjust. Six years later, I'm now a Diet Mt. Dew junkie, but at least it's sugar free. I'm working on that bad habit. At least it's less caffeine than coffee.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #78  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm on Day 1 Ph 1 or indeed SBD DEfcon 1 So far so good Except man carbs stay in you a long time! I can't eat a lot at one setting so I'm thanking the big man upstairs I remembered to bring Multiple snacks!
Quick Chick there is this "fruit flavored" drink called Fruit refreshers they're made with Splenda soo good and not carbonated. . .it might help you with the transition!
I'm making Salmon tonight and a warm spinach salad (no bulgur) Maybe I'll pick up some Legal whipped TOpping on the way home for some jello!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #79  
viv

Default Day 5

Hello All - It's Day 5 for me and I have noticed 2 things: 1, that I have more energy. This is strange for me 2, that I am not having a hard time with this. That is also strange.

Down 3 lbs in 5 days but I do not trust my body. I did WW for several months and lost 10 lbs to the 30 a coworker did in the same time. Granted, she is 10 years younger than me, but had also had 2 kids. I exercised and she didn't. So, my body owes me!!!

I have been addicted to Greek salads all summer and it is so great that I can fall back on this - with FF Feta, a few olives and anchovies cut into a million pieces, etc. At work, I always have a great salad although today I will admit to having cheated with a small side of eggplant with tomatoes and onions - the eggplant was lightly breaded, not deepfried, but sauteed in canola oil. I cannot resist eggplant. Hopefully I will be forgiven!

Thanks for the feedback on the TJ's chocolate. I figured it was too good to be true!!

I miss fruit.....
Old 09-12-2007, 01:22 AM   #80  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Wink Day 2!

Yesterday was day two for me...meant to post it up yesterday but dh was on the 'puter all evening.

I did really well! Even out to lunch with a friend and had a lovely warm veg salad (eggplant, zuchinni, pepper and onion) with raw red onion, romain lettuce and cherry tomatoes with little pieces of buffalo mozz. I was quite proud of myself! Then I went to the gym and did my 45 minutes.

B: boiled egg and l/f cold meat with some mustard
L: My super duper salad mentioned above
D: Cheeseburgers with no bun

chai tea with skim milk and sweetener.

Quickchick: I'm a total soda junkie!!! I keep sugar free koolaid in the fridge and this keeps the cravings at bay for me.
KO: what kinds of snacks do you have?
viv: Isn't it great having more energy?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:37 AM   #81  

Morning chicks...
Still plugging along....cheated on cookies in work yesterday...auuuughhhhhhh..it must have been the rainy, gloomy day we had here. I just caved in....
Well...today's another day on the beach.

Any good stuffed boneless pork chop recipes out there???? DH bought 1 inch thick boneless pork (Im not a big fan) and I'm looking for a good recipe for them that is Phase 1 approved..
Any ideas?????

Thanks,
Di
Old 09-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey, Di, here is a good recipe for pork chops that Ruth posted. They're not stuffed, but it's a great way to serve the chops.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37117
Old 09-12-2007, 09:08 AM   #83  

Hi Cottage..
thanks for the link...although it says to marinate for a day or two..I'll have to save for the next time DH goes to BJ's and buys that large pack of pork again..
I'm thinking of stuffing with sauteed spinach, onion & feta....I'll see how that goes
Have you lost the 38lbs on South Beach???? If so...how long has it been since you started?

thanks again,
Di

Last edited by didi123; 09-12-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #84  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Todays snacks are garbanzos with some Old bay seasoning some LF ham and celery string cheese I'm doing more snacks than meals today b/c my stomach is iffy today
Old 09-12-2007, 10:49 AM   #85  
viv

Default Depressed today :(

After bragging about 3 lbs in 5 days, this morning I was up 2. I drank plenty of liquids yesterday (fave is Crystal Lite) and am wondering if the three itsy bitsy cubes of eggplant, breaded and sauteed in canola oil, that i had at lunch could be to blame?

I read somewhere that weighing daily really is a good thing because it keeps you totally on top of what is going on. It's a new approach for me but I think it's good.

Help...
Old 09-12-2007, 11:49 AM   #86  

Hey Viv...
Don't be depressed...you are probably retaining water if you drank alot yesterday.
Just keep at it...today's a new day

Di
Old 09-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #87  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey can we post our meal plan here?
I'm wondering if it would be good for ideas and also input from the veterans
here's mine from the last 2 days
Tuesday
B
2 slices 97% ff ham
1 slice 2% cheese
Snack
1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
1 cup celery
Lunch
3-4 oz LOndon Broil and 1-2 cups romaine
Snack
Overdid Walnuts
Dinner (I got sick from the walnuts so Salmon was not happening
2 slices 97% ff ham and 1 slice 2% cheese
1/4 cup garbanzos
jello
Today
I'm more doing snacks
String cheese
2 hb eggs

1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
1 cup celery
Lunch
1 cup romaine with either
2 lices ham and HB egg or 2 slices ham and 1/2 cup garbanzos or eggs and garbanzos (i was indecisive about snacks)

Snack probably string cheese

Dinner
(if DH is home) Salmon with lemon slices and sauteed spinach mushrooms (and much less) Walnuts
(if not) Veggie burger and whatever looks yummy at the green market
Old 09-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #88  
viv

Default Weds

Didi - thanks for the encouragement. I will keep plugging along - interested to see what tomorrow brings.

KO - Here's my menu for today, so far - I didn't know veggie burgers were legal - that may help with this evening!

Breakfast -
2 HB eggs
Coffee w/creamer ( have to check if this is non dairy or 1/2 and 1/2 - 2 small cuplets)
Lunch
Large salad with chick peas, 5 olives, tons of veggies (no carrots), black beans and balsamic vinaigrette. Small portion of spinach and summer squash sauteed in canola (drained - at work)

Snack -
14 pistachios

Dinner - not sure yet. Trying to recover from work.

Last edited by viv; 09-12-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:41 PM   #89  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Whew, poor planning almost derailed me today. There was a picnic at a local park this morning and I was going to stop by around 11 just to pick up some bottles I had ordered through a friend. Well, a few of my good friends were there and our kids hadn't seen each other in about a week so I ended up staying until 3:30. Since I hadn't planned on staying I hadn't brought anything for lunch. The kids snacked on other stuff there and I had a couple handful of nuts to tide me over, I did good not to eat any of the other yummy stuff there. When we got home we had some of the leftover pulled pork from last night and some beans, I'll probably have my afternoon snack later this evening.

It's day 4 of P1 for me. The carb cravings are still pretty bad, mainly because I'm so used to drinking a soda in the morning. I know it will fluctuate but right now my scale says I'm down 4 lbs, so that's good motivation to keep me from slipping.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:59 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 250/242/150

Height: 5'4"

I need to do my menu's. I eat pretty much the same thing for breakfast and lunch.

B - 2 eggs scrambled, 2 pieces turkey bacon, V-8 juice, coffee (with half & half). That's the only thing I won't give up. I don't use a lot anyway.

L - usually a salad (spinach, different greens, whatever else I have) w/ham or turkey.

D - that's what I need to work on planning.

I've been doing pretty good. The last couple of days I haven't eaten nearly enough. I've got a cold/flu, something, so not very hungry.
Closed Thread