Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #151  

Height: 5'7"

Melissa, I like your new tracker. Ten pounds at a time is a great plan!

I went to the store and got all the drinks and snacks for work that I needed to get. I'm about to start dinner -- broiled tilapia, steamed squash, brown rice and a salad. I'm not hungry so it's mostly for Judd and Shaun. Not sure what Erin will have and Kate is off with her friends, of course.

This week will be 10 hour days (minimum) and then just a few on Friday. I'd like to take next weekend off but I'm sure that I won't. I have already made my tuna for lunch and packed up all the other things I need to take with me.

It should be a quiet evening here with lots of good TV to watch; I'm nearly finished with the laundry and don't have anything else planned (except cooking and cleaning up the kitchen afterward.)

See you in the morning!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:19 PM   #152  
Melissa

Thanks Kathy. I decided a smaller goal would be more motivating to me than the big, overwhelming one! It sounds like you've been busy today. I've been incredibly lazy and so now I have lots to do (including washing clothes so that I have something to wear tomorrow!). That supper sounds wonderful. You know I bought some tilapia a long time ago (frozen) and still haven't cooked it. Aaron thinks that he won't like it, he really only likes salmon. Do you have any suggestions on how I could cook it?
Old 03-19-2006, 08:12 PM   #153  

Well will try this again. I had a long post. Was logged in. And then it when I went and sent the post. It said I wasnt logged in.
So wont go and repost. Just know that I am thinking of all of you.

KATPO the lavasoft site. Is it free to download and use that. or do you have to pay. I really am going to have to figure out what is going on. I hate it when it tells me I did a illegal operation. And then it freezes the puter. And I have to start all over. And then it wont let me in. And then it finally does. And then when I post. It says I am not logged in. and I am.
I am missing everyone. You are a great bunch of ladies. and all of you encourage me to keep going.
So everyone I am thinking of you. Hope you had a great weekend.
Have a wonderful Monday.
I will try and let you know tomorrow night about weigh in. but it isnt looking good.
coco
Old 03-19-2006, 09:17 PM   #154  

Coco, did you go to the lavasoft website? It's free and you should really do it. It will help you. There's no need to continue with these problems; nobody else seems to have them so it must be the spyware like they told you.

Melissa, I put the tilapia in the oven and broiled it with garlic pepper and also sprayed some ICBINB on it. It's really a mild fish that's very good and not overpowering. It's also good panfried.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:30 PM   #155  
Melissa

Kathy, thanks for the info. Maybe if he knows that it isn't too "fishy" he'll be willing to try it.

I was reading in the paper tonight about insulin resistance. It pretty much described the two of us. We have decided that we are going to start eating as much non-processed foods as possible. That eliminates so much, but I think we'll definitely feel better. The article said to focus on whole grains, fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, and seeds, as well as "wild fish." I hope that we can stick to it, because we need to do something.

My knee is still very, very painful. I even bought some "pain relief gel" but so far it's just stinging my skin.

Coco, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with your computer. I hope that Kathy's suggestion helps you out.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:41 PM   #156  

Melissa, you should check out Sugar Busters. Not to steer you away from Core, but it's a very good way of eating that incorporates just what you listed above. It's good for diabetics and pre-diabetics, and also for those who are insulin resistent. I got the book from Amazon but it's also in stores. I highly recommend it -- my mom is diabetic, as was my sister. Most of my aunts and uncles on my mom's side are diabetics, and I had gestational diabetes when pregnant with my youngest DD. I know if I continue to eat as I always have, then I'll be headed in that direction too.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:48 PM   #157  

Oh I was going to add this. Here's the main stuff I eat on SB. You'll find it's mostly like Core with a few differences:

Breakfast: oatmeal, eggs, bacon, turkey sausage, milk
Lunch: tuna salad, salads, sandwich with SF whole wheat bread and either turkey and cheese or Simply Jif peanut butter with all-fruit spread
Dinner: meat and vegetables, salad

I will PM you tomorrow with more info if you'd like.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:06 PM   #158  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy A Sad Day For Froufs

Well back from our big 'trip' to montreal. I barely slept at all last night -tossing and turning and reviewing all the funerals I have attended and let's just say it was not a pleasant sleep I had. So instead of up and out of the house at 9:30 (with a lunch stop before the service) ended up leaving at 11 am going directly to funeral home (and eating after).

We were all pretty cranky this morning and it was quite a feat to get everyone ready and into the car - but we finally left at 11:20 am and got there at 1:10 (service was at 1;45) to find another funeral ahead of us had not cleared out yet - so no parking available! Very disorganized.

I'm still upset at the lack of mention of the 'other' grandkids (my 2 older ones) - in the eulogy they mentioned marie's first marriage and her two kids and 2 grandchildren and how she was widowed after 22 yrs...then remarried to my ex's father - but no mention of the fact she was a stepmom to 3 other children, etc. Very weird - what I understand from my ex (who finally spoke to her daughter) was something like 'if you had kept in touch more regularly you would have known marie was very ill" - so I guess it's like a punishment and we are being slighted cuz we were not in frequent contact??

It was still very sad for me - I immediately lost it when I saw her daughter Carol and we hugged and cried together for several minutes. I also saw her kids (the 'real grandchildren') who I have not seen in many years - can't believe little Danny is a grown man of 35 as I last remember him as a little tyke!...and his sister Amy I remember as a baby! WoW - I'm not getting older right? Good news is Danny recognized me immediately so I guess I don't look that bad!

We did end up going to the cemetary (it was freezing out today with bitter cold winds and gray skies) which in itself is traumatic - and did do a shovel of dirt on the coffin (altho I could barely handle that - it is considered a 'mitzvah' or good deed in the jewish religion to do this). The whole day was just so emotionally draining.

We did not go back to the house after (as we were already near the highway) ended up going to my favorite rib place for lunch (definitely NOT core), but altho I was hungry I did not enjoy my meal as much as I thought I would.

Dh did amazing job of driving there and back - and I was pretty nervous as he is usually very sleep deprived and can nod off - on the way back I was just exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep - but wouldn't dare as I was afraid dh would drift off - and well - that would NOT be a good thing. I was counting the seconds until we got home (a very long 2 hour drive if you do that!).

Got home around 6:20 pm and by 6:40 we were both in our pjs and in bed! Slept til arond 8 pm when little ds woke us up cuz he was hungry - so now staying up for a bit - tummy kinda upset (antibiotic?) and very very thirsty (cuz of the ribs?).

Melissa - so sorry to hear about your knee pain - maybe you should get it checked out by a dr? Sounds like you have great motivation for the reunion which I think will be very helpful for your weight loss goals - good luck.

Vickie - you too - sounds like the heel is giving you some pain - poor you - hope you are able to stay off your feet for a while until it feels better!

Saundra - glad you had a nice visit with your family and enjoyed the play!

Sandra - where are you?

Coco - hope you can get rid of the computer gremlins - I know there is nothing more frustrating than typing out a long message and having it disappear into cyberspace!

Kathy - hope you get lots of rest for the longs days ahead - and that you get to take some time off. I actually realized I have 2 more days of leave I must take this fiscal year (volunteer leave, personal day leave) as they can't be 'rolled over" - which means 2 days before March 31st - maybe this friday and next friday?

...and I go back to work tomorrow and I'm dreading it after having been away for 8 days! I know it will take most of the morning at least to get thru the emails - worse is my manager is back after her 2 weeks holiday with expectations of things being done - and unfortunately everything is just a teeny weeny bit behind schedule! Hope I can make it thru the whole day!

Frouf
Old 03-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #159  

Oh poor sweet Froufy ... what a terrible day. I'm just glad it's over for you all. The whole thing has to be emotionally draining, to say nothing of driving that far and none of you being quite well yet. I hope tomorrow morning you do fine going back to work and the pile isn't too high!

The rain continues here; I think the news said we've had four inches today. There have been several people killed (drownings) and it's going to keep going into the night. They said it's going to be really bad but will start to taper off mid-day tomorrow. I've made Judd's lunch and put a little list out of what all I need to grab in the morning. Fortunately we have clean clothes since I did all the laundry this afternoon. I feel pretty good about going to bed tonight and having everything ready to go early tomorrow morning. I'm setting the alarm for 5 and hope I get up to stay on track.

Everyone have a good night and rest peacefully. Lord knows we all need it.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:39 PM   #160  
Melissa

Frouf, I'm so sorry that you had such a hard day. I guess any day when you go to a funeral is tough, but your circumstances made it even more difficult. I hope that you all rest well tonight and feel better tomorrow, despite going to work.

Kathy, that's a lot of rain! That's so sad about the drownings as well.
It sounds like you're ready to go for tomorrow. At least I have my lunch packed, but that's about it.

Good night everyone!!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:05 AM   #161  

Good morning! I'm a newbie!

When I got to work this morning, I was logged out of 3FC. I had logged out the other day too at home, then yesterday when I went to log back in, I couldn't remember my password so I had to have it reset. Then, being the idiot that I sometimes am, I didn't go in and change it to something I *would* remember! And now ... I could have it reset again, but the email address I use is yahoo, and yahoo mail is blocked at work so it would be tonight before I could get the new password and log in ... which means a whole day with no 3FC! Unacceptable!!!

How's everybody this morning?
Old 03-20-2006, 09:10 AM   #162  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Frouf, I feel so sorry for you. Funerals are draining no matter what. Your situation must have just been horrible. I wish you could stay home today. I'm sure you'll just be exhausted when you get home tonight. I hope you let yourself rest.

Melissa, you knee sounds alarming! I'd probably ice and call my Doctor immediately. Intense pain with no traumatic injury is not something to mess around with. I bought and am reading the Sugar Solution book from Prevention Magazine. It's basically Core with some nuts thrown in. I'm going to stick with Core (and really follow it!) and add some nuts here and there with my WPA's). This is a plan that I can live with.

Coco, we miss you too! I hope you get your problems resolved soon.

Kath, thanks for the information on tilapia. I've been afraid to try it too. Do you think it could be baked or broiled without oil and still taste good? I usually order salmon because I know it won't dry out since it's an oily fish. I absolutely have to start eating fish at least once a week. That book I'm reading says if I eat fish at least once a week it lowers my chance of heart attack by 40%.

Gotta go eat breakfast and get ready for WW weigh in. We'll be stopping there on the way to Jim's ortho appointment for his shoulder.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:11 AM   #163  
Southside White Sox Fan

You're not going to go all mutiple personalities on us now, are you?!

I'm good. Hopeful for some kind of a loss this morning.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:13 AM   #164  
Southside White Sox Fan

So the rain for you guys is feast or famine, right?

Oh BTW, my heel is just a little sore this morning. I could walk but I'm too busy today. Tomorrow I'll do treadmill or WATP. Do you all think new shoes would help?
Old 03-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #165  

Vickie, I broiled our tilapia with no oil and it was fine. Sometimes fish already has a little in it and it gets too oily. I sprayed the ICBINB on top after I turned it.

Oh and Katpo1 isn't a mod, so don't go crazy today. There's no supervision here until I get home tonight!
Closed Thread