Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 08:48 AM   #91  
Melissa

Oh and please keep that all goes well this evening re: pre-approval for the loan. I'm scared to find out that we can't afford it or something. But I believe it will all work out for the best.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:10 AM   #92  

Height: 5'7"

Happy day, everyone. It's going to be another busy one here too -- I have so much work it's not funny. I'll be working all day Saturday and probably Sunday if I can get a security guard to open up for me. There are supposed to be storms coming in either tonight or tomorrow night and there's a chance of rain all weekend, so I might as well be here. Well, either here or curled up on the couch watching TV, but that's not exactly productive activity.

Melissa, I'll be keeping everything crossed for you. You're right that if it's meant to be, it'll happen.

Vickie, good luck at the doctor today. I know you have a list a mile long of things to talk about with him!

And I can't believe Kevin is still there either. Next week I will definitely vote. He has GOT to go.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:04 PM   #93  
Melissa

Well I am trying not to sit here and cry my eyes out. The house we were looking at is now under contract and the buyers will take it "as is." I'm so disappointed I can't even tell you guys. It was the best thing for that price range and now I am fighting feeling like we won't find anything we can afford. I'm just trusting that God is protecting us from making a mistake or from missing out on something better.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #94  

Oh Melissa, that's so disappointing. I am so, so sorry.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #95  

Melissa, we had the same thing happen when we were looking at our first house. We loved the house, made an offer etc, and it wasn't accepted. I was really disappointed, but we ended up finding something much better for a smaller price. There will be another house, and it'll be fine. Hugs!

Angela
Old 03-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #96  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, I'm SO disappointed for you two. But.....Kathy and Angela are right. There will be another house for you. It's VERY early in the real estate season. There will be plenty more listings. Could you bid more than the contract since you're getting a bit of help with the downpayment. I'm guessing not since you are so disappointed. I'll pray for another even cuter, cheaper house.

Kathy, it stinks that you have to work so much. I hope they are at least paying you great!

I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes and went 1.45 miles. The scale is moving but I'm hopeful that it will soon. My heel hurts but too bad!

I'm leaving to see the Internist in about 5 minutes. Thanks for all the well wishes.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #97  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, I hope you're still going for the pre-approval. I think you'll be surpised how high it will be.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:26 PM   #98  
Melissa

Thanks you all. I appreciate your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. I'm trusting that something better is going to come along. I was just daydreaming of moving sooner instead of later.
We are still going tonight. We want to be pre-approved so this won't happen again.
Vickie, we know that we qualify for a much larger loan than we want. We are trying to keep our monthly payments low.
Thanks everyone, I'll update later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #99  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Melissa - how disappointing for you- I am so sorry it did not work out- just keep your fingers crossed as I'm sure something else in your price range will magically appear!

Vickie- hope the appointment went well - let us know what the dr says!

Kathy - I can't even imagine keeping such long hours at work- at least you ARE getting paid ha ha ha

Speaking of which I have just about had it with gov bureaucracy and getting frustrated trying to get answers. Left messages yesterday and today for the pay clerk but no call back yet. So I 'obtained' the name of the Director there (her superior?) and left her a message asking nicely if she could look into this for me and get me some $$$$$. We are coming up to the next payday on the 22nd and I have a VERY BAD FEELING that no additional funds will appear in my bank account next week - my 'ex' (who is also in HR) says they should be able to issue me a 'hardship' cheque and doesn't know why they haven't? I shall ask about this as well.

My nose is still pretty stuffed up and I am about to take my 3rd antiobiotic dose which I understand from Vickie is the 'magic' one. Went to bed around 12:30 am (once I could actually breathe) only to be woken up at 3 am by dh coughing his brains out- like he has a relapse or something? He finally took some cough medicine w/codeine and by 3:30 am he was snoring like a baby- and I of course was AWAKE and tossing and turning til around 5:30 am worrying about everything under the sun. I woke up with a nasty headache around 10 am. Fever quite minor at around 100. Thank goodness I am still on 'sick' leave!

DD is obviously also feeling better as the whining has begun - needs $$ to go out w/friends tonight (indoor mini-golfing) and needs a ride- yet will do nothing to earn funds -I don't think so. Told her for a girl who needs money she sure doesn't look too busy (says she does not like to clean - ya like I do!). And as she has a bus pass told her she could certainly get to her friend's place on her own (at 4:30 pm- about a 15 min bus ride). Such a whiner!

Trying to enjoy my 'expensive' library books - and relax a bit. Did manage to throw a load of laundry in - but no plans for cooking dinner!

Sick and lazy Froufie
Old 03-16-2006, 04:18 PM   #100  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks!

Melissa, I understand your position completely. We didn't want to have a monthly payment as high as they approved us for. We didn't want to be house poor. Something wonderful is in your future. I just know it.

Frouf, I can't wait for you to feel better. You're right.....you've taken the magic dose and should feel much better in the morning. Now if only I could help myself.

Internist was really no help at all. I'm sure he doesn't feel this way but I feel like he thinks I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. He has no idea what is wrong with me. Well, at least he thinks it's nothing serious. We discussed the allergy things. He told me to go back on my vitamins. But, splenda/eggs/eggbeaters/lettuce and other raw veggies are very suspect. He wants me to go off splenda first to see if that's it. So what the heck am I supposed to do for sweetener. I asked about equal and got the feeling he thinks they all might irritate me. After I rule out splenda, he says we'll test the others. Sheesh.

I'm going out for dinner tonight to my favorite Core restaurant. I know I'll be having a salad. We'll see what happens. I'm STARVING and may have some fruit and FF cottage cheese before we go. If I don't, I might not have self-control at dinner.

I hope you are all safe and warm. There hasn't been any snow yet. It's just starting so we are going to risk going to dinner in about a half hour with an errand first. I'll talk to you all later.

Last edited by Vickie; 03-16-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:01 PM   #101  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Sorry to hear the internist was not as helpful as you had hoped! But sounds like Dr. Vickie knows what's good for her? (and what's not?). I would also find it hard to get rid of the sweetener - but then again it's only temporary and might help find out if it's the cause? and if not - then at least you can feel free to indulge as you must!

And funny how a message left on the voicemail of Director of Pay & Benefits gets a response!!!

Yes - finally got a call back and what a convoluted story this is (and I can barely understand it). But sounds like back in 2000 I left Health to another gov dept and since I was 'overpaid' (like that could actually happen?) - they did ensure I 'returned' the funds - that was back in 2000 in my next gov job - so I guess I did pay it back? (unbeknownst to me).....but now it seems they are trying to make me BACK IT BACK AGAIN! Yes siree bob - why pay once when you can pay twice?

Then something about an equity cheque I never got - yada yada yada - end of the story is - I again paid back $4200 which I should not have had to do! So how long will it take to straighten this out and get my money back you ask? Why you know it's gov year end and all - probably 2-3 months (which in government speak means probably closer to 6 months!).

Logically if presented properly clerk thinks they should be 'nice' and issue the cheque anyways while they continue to investigate the double payment - but we both know that's not likely to happen! You can bet I will be on their tails weekly to see how it's going - what a bunch of crock!

Good news is I was assured that my pay would be deposited into my account next wednesday in the usual amount. I of course told her she would be hearing from me directly if that was not the case!

So I guess I can look forward to a nice big cheque of MY OWN MONEY BACK - in a few months time- whoopee doo!

Time for dinner!

Frouf
Old 03-16-2006, 06:08 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Just popped in to say "hi".

Melissa, we have and expression "If it's ment to be, it's ment to be". It has helped me get through lots of situations, hope it helps you too. There will be lots for sale as spring is the "hot" season for selling. Wait, the dream starter house is just around the corner.

Vickie, sorry the internist didn't have more answers, but you've got to go slowly and find out just what is irritating your system. Have fun tonight.

Frouf, poor Frouf. You have amazing coping abilities. I would have been screaming at someone in payroll long ago. That is total B.S. Someone has got to be responible over there. Hey, I did payroll for two stores, and wasn't happy until I knew ALL the pays went through. What a bureaucracy! Geesh, I'm madder than you.

Kathy, you do work too much. You should have more time for yourself. I hope you will have extra time off eventually, so that you can have a good rest and treat yourself to something special.

My sister and I went to Homesense today and then Wendy's for lunch. It's cold and very windy, so not in the mood to go far. Then we went to the new Farm Boy. Frouf, it was a zoo in there. They didn't have packers, which was nuts for the first day. Some lady was screaming at a man for being in the express line with a basket full of stuff. It was exciting.

I've got dinner ready. Bernie is working, but the kids are going to be here any minute to see Auntie. It smells good.

Have a good night ladies,
Old 03-16-2006, 06:45 PM   #103  

Hello everyone. I'm still alive...just wrapped up in stuff. I started getting very dizzy yesterday, and feverish. Still no symptoms but the fever, and slight sinus pain, but it's enough to make me feel pretty cruddy. Who knows!

It's snowing lightly here...as I like to say, it's not "serious" snow. It probably won't stay around too long. I have sighted robins in the last few days, so I know spring is around the corner.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Angela
Old 03-16-2006, 08:28 PM   #104  

Here now! Good Lord, Frouf, I'm about to come up there and kick some butts on your behalf! I just think you need some good news and you need it right NOW!

Judd and I can't find anything on tonight, so we're watching the recorded Extreme Makeover: Home Edition from last Sunday. I saw it but he didn't; goodness gracious, not a dry eye in the house!

I'm ready for an extreme makeover of my own. My life feels like a mess. All of you people who pray, please add me to your list. I so need it.

And now I'm off to watch TV with my dear sweet husband. He hates the term DH (somehow he equates it with d*ckhead?) so from now on, he will be my DSH. It's the least I can do.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:13 PM   #105  
Melissa

Hi all...I'm headed to bed but just wanted to say hi. Our appointment was cancelled due to family problems. After we drove 30 minutes to get there--at least we were already planning on having dinner with DH's parents so it wasn't a total waste. So I guess we'll be doing that next week. Needless to say I'm frustrated.
I hope that you are all doing well. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Closed Thread