Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 08:25 AM   #61  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, you sound pretty darn perky yourself! I like Ruby Tuesdays. They have a FABOULOUS salad bar with tons of Core items. I just have to stay away from those little sesame sticks that I love so much. They have brown rice pilaf which I'm told has no oil in it and a good turkey burger. I always count a couple of points for the turkey burger because I'm guessing the meat isn't as lean as it should be and 2 points for the whole grain tortilla wrap. Still and all, it's a pretty darn good coreish meal out. I recommend it.

Deborah, Starting Over Again, is the one who got me to try it. I miss her here.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:34 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Kathy and Vickie, you are model Corbies. Sounds like you are both on a very good track. Vickie, both those choises sound mighty good. I've got leftover salmon which will fit into dinner tonight. It was good.

Kathy, a sense of humour goes a long way in order to cope with what you had last night. Believe me, we've had our moments too. The up side of the empty nest is that you don't get all the details of the day to day problems of your kids. Of course, we get some real bombshells every now and then that make up for what we haven't heard.

Better eat breakfast now,
Old 03-14-2006, 08:51 AM   #63  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm off to the treadmill. I'll be watching an episode of Gilmore Girls from season four. If I keep going on the treadmill, I'll be caught up before summer hits! That's the rule. No Gilmore Girls except for on the treadmill.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #64  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm done. I walked a little over 1.5 miles in 35 minutes. Slow but I have to build back up. I'm still proud of me.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #65  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy Warning- Major Sicko Complaining Below!

Vickie/Kathy- sounds like you are both heading for a great CORE DAY! Congrats and keep up the good work! - loved reading about your soup/juice experimentation Kathy!

Saundra - never been to Oggis (and obviously won't be going now?). They did call the other stores and no one had the new meds so they ordered it - says it's local and should be in by noon today- so I will send dh out later to get it - he has another dr appt at 2:15 today!

And dh has always told me I should do stand up comedy - just get up there and talk about what goes on at our house - Hollywood here I come!

I am even sicker today - woke up feeling horrible - sore throat, headache, stuffed sinuses - and so dozey - took my favorite (tylenol icy burst - you know the kind of med that takes care of all 50 symptoms) then decided to take my temperature - and I have 101 fever! Can you believe this? I am generally a very heathy/hearty person - but now I feel like a weak sick wimp! I'm sure the 1000 mg of acetominophen in icy burst will do the trick - altho I am sitting here roasting!

The paycheque thing is also making me cranky and I will call tomorrow to find out what is going on - I definitley cannot miss 2 paycheques in a row - car payment and ds's tuition come out at the end of the month!

Had a call from my staff member as well - trying to catch up on office stuff. Glad she called - while she is a good worker- she does not take much initiative on her own (yes call him back even tho he said he would call you and never did!). So I gave her some instructions on following up on things that should be taken care of asap! Hope the place doesn't fall apart!

Now my head hurts and my nose is getting sore from blowing it - need to get dh to pick up some of those lotion tissues when he's at the pharmacy!

Had some tea (earl grey, splenda/milk) and toast w/margarine and sf jam for breakfast - that hit the spot - altho I am definitely not following any 'plan' at this time! (Of course dh has lost 5 lbs while 'sick' and I have lost nada/zip/nothing - no, I'm not bitter )

Feverish Froufy
Old 03-14-2006, 11:19 AM   #66  
focused and aiming

good morning, everyone. we're rested and up early getting ready to go practice. we have 2 practice sessions before we fly to louisville. (all this archery talk will end soon. i promise.)

thank you all for your congratulations. i appreciate you sooooo much.

kathy, i am sorry about all the drama, too, but am glad all is cleared up. you're right about shaun's needing something to do right now. i hope he can get in the service soon.

frouf, so much drama. sounds like dh and dd let a mole hill grow, doesn't it? i feel for you having to be in the middle. are you feeling better now? do you have some good dvd's to watch? if i were you, i'd milk this to the most. i hope your paycheck gets deposited soon. that's awful!

saundra, we took the camera but didn't take any photos. we were driving too fast to get any of the wildlife. also, flash was banned during the tournament and there was no award ceremony afterwards as this was a multi-site championship. we will prob take some photos at louisville but i'm not sure. we'll see.

vickie, i have never heard of champs but it sounds good. i'll start posting menus tuesday. i am going to eat mainly core but count points.

kathy, i love your sense of humor. the dialogue report is precious. congratulations on being down this am. i am happy for you.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:20 PM   #67  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks!!!! Slow, slow, slow, day on the boards!

I had a nice lunch but couldn't have a baked potato because they don't have them. I ended up with a small piece of steak and some beautiful roasted veggies. I'm still going to be hungry for dinner. I'm not sure yet what we'll do.

Frouf, what a day for you already. I hope you get the new medicine and that it works quickly. I think you are crazy to try to go back to work for one day on Friday. You should just stay home. The work will wait.

Sandra, we love your archery talk and a very proud of you. It's part of what makes you who you are. I'm guessing you're practicing as we speak.

I hope everyone else is well. I'll be back later.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:22 PM   #68  
focused and aiming

it is quiet here today, isn't it?

vickie, yes, i was practicing as we speak. curtis and i sighted in larger diameter arrows for the louisville tournament. they should be good line cutters. your lunch sounds good. i'm like you and would also want dinner tonight.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:52 PM   #69  

Height: 5'7"

Sandra, as much as we love it when you talk about archery, I have no earthly idea what you mean most of the time. Still ... talk away! It's cool to know a champion!

I'm home and it's quiet here. Shaun asked if I would take him to a city park Thursday morning on my way to work. He said there will be a lot of recruits there and I guess they'll be doing all sorts of exercises. His Chief will bring him home but I said I would be more than happy to take him.

Judd will be home from the gym momentarily and I have nothing prepared for dinner. I have to get cracking! I'm not eating anything tonight though; scale was 152.4 which is high for a nighttime weight so I'd better drink some water. I must have had too much today. Whatever ... I know that's now how it works, exactly, but it's how my brain works.

BBL!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:21 PM   #70  

Evening Everyone
Well not much happening here. I tried to get on earlier. But I couldnt. Kept telling me the illegal operation thing.
Well hubby is feeling ok today. Which is good.
I have had a really bad day. I let my gain get to me. And I know that I shouldnt have. So I have ate everything and anything that I could get my hands on. And now my stomach is so upset it isnt funny. And I just fill so tired from all the carbs and sugar I had. And now I am feeling guilty over the splurge. And feel like I am a failure.
I was going to walk this morn. but it is so windy here. I didnt go out. But then I kept thinking. I should get on the bike and didnt.
But I am going to try and go walk in the morn. I hope the weather is better. So tomorrow I have got to get back on track. I was wanting to get to goal by the end of the year. But I dont think I can. I have about 90 lbs to lose. And if i keep up like I did today. I will never get there.
And I want to get there. I want to be able to stop paying for the meetings.
Oh ladies I am sorry about my rantin. But I guess I am just feeling sorry for myself.
I hope everyone is doing ok. Am thinking of all of you. Will go back and read the post. I hadnt done that yet. So everyone have a great evening.
coco
Old 03-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #71  

Evening chickies,,,put me on the list of the sickies....my cold came back once again. Been fighting that all week... eating has been good but no exercise at all. Have to get back to that. We got more bad news today,,it does come in threes dosnt it? My dh's nephew died this morning. He wasnt sick,,we dont know what happened?? He was only 30 with a small child..my heart is breaking for my dh , he is very close to his family, and this on top of everything else going on! Life just isnt fair sometimes. Not feeling very chipper lately so I havnt been posting much. I do come to read each day, but i want you all to know I think of you all the time...
Congrats Sandra on the third place..that is fantastic!!
Fouf you get well soon....no more germs for us
Vickie Im so glad to see you back onthe treadmill,,good going
Coco I have a lot to lose as well,,,,we are going to do this ,,we are!!
Glad your dh is feeling better
Melissa any word on the banking stuff yet....goodluck!
waving to everyone else....
Im off to watch AI ..ttyl
Old 03-14-2006, 08:59 PM   #72  

Height: 5'7"

I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's nephew! Take care of yourself too with that cold.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:24 PM   #73  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Patti - you poor thing - my condolences to your family - how upsetting and shocking for all of you!

Coco - tomorrow is a BRAND NEW DAY! so you can start all over again! (with the rest of us! )

Vickie - sounds like you did great at lunch! Hope you had a nice visit w/your family.

I am feeling extremely CRAPPY - not better at all! Finally got the new meds (like 4 pm) and took one - big rules about no dairy before or after - no antacids, and no sunshine (like that's going to happen!). My fever was spiking again this evening at about 101.8 - now down to 100.4 but I am still alternating between the chills and overheating! I don't even know how I will sleep.

Dh went to dr today - got prescription - but is holding it for a couple of days as he feels he is on the mend....and got dr to write me another note to stay home for the rest of the week- I might as well retire! But I am so lethargic and dozey - and my skin is ultra sensitive (even my scalp hurts when I touch my hair - so weird!). I HATE BEING SICK!

Did not eat much today - but did have a REAL ginger ale! and trying to drink juices and water. Need more library books but can't imagine going out? Maybe tomorrow if I feel better (library is only 2 blocks away - froufs always like to be located near big libraries!)....or dare I get dh to get me some books? Can he manage that? (I suppose he can call me on his cell phone from the library and let me know what he finds for me? hahaha).

Time for meds and bedtime - sure hope I sleep tonight!

Sickly frouf
Old 03-15-2006, 06:29 AM   #74  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Here I am at 5:15. Couldn't sleep even though I'm still tired. I don't force myself to lay in bed anymore because it rarely works for me. Yesterday I had a pretty good day with the abdominal discomfort; I had barely any. I'm avoiding the things on my suspicion list and so far so good.

Patti, I know you all must be reeling from the shock of the death of your DH's Nephew. Please let your DH know that I will mention his Nephew in my prayers. So young. How's your DH doing? Any luck with the strike being over? I understand that you're blue. Who wouldn't be? Sometimes I don't feel like posting but then usually I can't help myself. Sometimes it even makes me feel better to post. But, you post whenever it makes you feel good. We won't forget about you. I hope you feel better soon.

Coco, belive me, I know how you feel. I still have 120 pounds to lose and I feel like I keep fooling around. We CAN do this. We have to stop letting these gains here and there slow us down and knock us off the wagon completely. Forget yesterday and remember the upset stomach the next time before you starting eating that off program food that makes it sick! I'm glad your DH had a good day. I've learned to appreciate them when they happen.

Frouf, it is **** to be sick, isn't it? I was probably on the same antibiotic not too long ago as I remember the same rules. I hope that you start to feel great within a couple of days of starting the medicine. And, I'm so relieved that you will be out the rest of the week. I think it would have caused a terrible set back for you to force yourself into the office on Friday. Staying home Friday, Saturday, and Sunday could make a big difference in your recovery. I'd trust DH to go get you some books. That's the least he can do for you. You are always taking care of the family, now let them take care of you.

Kathy, it sounds like Shaun may have taken seriously what you and Judd said to him the other night. That's good. How did your day one of strictly on program go?

Well Chicks, I'm hopeful that my body may be responding to the exercise. The scale is down a tiny bit this morning. Oh for a loss......

I'll go make a menu thread.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:33 AM   #75  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, where are you? You didn't post all day yesterday. We need a house update.
Closed Thread