Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 11:57 PM   #121  
focused and aiming

melissa, here's suggestions for the layered salad.

layered salad.

take these ingredients and layer them.

shredded lettuce
frozen english peas
grated boiled eggs (this is much better than chopping them.)
green onions
chopped red bell papper
grated ff cheddar cheese
chopped ham or other meat (lunch type meat)

(other veggies could be layered, too, if you'd like to add more goodies. celery, etc...)

sprinkle with
salt/pepper
1 teaspoon splenda

mix together equal amounts of ff sour cream and ff mayo. "ice" your salad with this combination. garnish as desired.

this salad is better after being in the fridge at least 8 hours. i don't put tomatoes in this salad so it will keep longer, but you might like them in it.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
frouf, i'm about 2 steps from bingeing, too. sometimes we have to "tweak" our sights back into focus.

congratulations, kathy. you made some great choices. how did you marinate that chicken?

andrea, congratulations on the choices you made, too. ain't it great!

linda, i'm anxious to see how much you lose this week. be sure to let us know.

melissa, i'll go see what our challenge is. i totally bombed at the exercise one, didn't i?

i ate 2 slices of that pie i made tonight. i'm figuring i had 5 pts worth cuz i ate 1/4 the pie. it's pretty good and satisfied my sugar need.

have a good evening. i'll be back tomorrow.

Last edited by notnew2this; 06-20-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:19 AM   #122  
Radmom413

Morning!

I did pretty well yesterday, including another trip to Coldstone Creamery where I researched and found they had this sf, ff, sweet cream....so I had that mixed with fresh rasberries, blueberries and strawberries.

I also whipped up a pasta salad (w/WW pasta), that was quite yummy to have with our grilled burgers......

Still trying to keep up, but give me time!!! I just think we are all in this together, no matter where we are in the journey, and the support is important!!!

Have a great Monday - this is my first "official" day off!!
Old 06-20-2005, 07:23 AM   #123  
focused and aiming

cindy, do you have any idea what the pts were for the ice cream? congratulations on having a successful sunday. you're right about our being in this together.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:29 AM   #124  
focused and aiming

i just looked up cold stone creamery and got the pts for the sinless sweet cream ice cream. the small is 4 pts. that's not bad! it's 180 calories, 0 fat grams, and <1 dietary fiber grams.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:28 AM   #125  
Radmom413

Sandra - that is what I had too....the small - and it was plenty!!! Thanks for checking on that!

Last edited by Radmom413; 06-20-2005 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:34 AM   #126  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I just hopped on to say hello. I've got to go get on the treadmill right away. I have to go see a new hair stylist this morning at 9:30 so I've got to get running. I'll be back later to tell you all about my visit and to respond to posts.

Did I tell you all that I've been very unhappy with my hairstylist whom I've been with for 14 years? She started working from home about 6 years ago and I followed her but she hasn't kept up with things and hasn't been cutting or coloring my hair right for about 6 months. I go once a month. So I had to tell her that I'm going somewhere else. I feel like I'm in the middle of a divorce! Ugh.

My hair looks absolutely awful right now. I wanted golden blonde with some whispy feathers on the side (I don't wear bangs). I got a reddish brown "mullet". Hoping the new girl and I hit it off and that she can help me! Talk with you all later.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:48 AM   #127  
Radmom413

Good Luck Vickie! I always say "for me, it's all about the hair!" My stylist, who is awesome, has two children and is pregnant with twins. My fear is she will not return after her babies are born!
Old 06-20-2005, 08:49 AM   #128  
Melissa

Is it okay if I just vent for a minute? I am in a bad mood this morning. I feel so frustrated and aggravated about my job. Just driving here puts me in a bad mood. I don't feel valued or valuable in what I do. I miss working with teenagers in the church (and out) so much but don't see that as an option right now. To be honest, what I really want to do is be a SAHM, but I don't see that as an option right now either. I know I need to be patient, wait to see what DH's job is going to do, etc, but its very difficult. I feel stressed out for no good reason other than disatisfaction.

OK, thanks for listening chicks. I'm glad that I packed my lunch today and that we aren't cooking for clients b/c I would have the potential for some emotional eating.

I hope that everyone else is having a good day. I appreciate the fact that you guys don't mind if I whine a little bit.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:41 AM   #129  

Good morning everyone! Sounds like an eventful weekend for most of us.

Our Father's Day bbq went very well. The turkey brats were pretty good, and a lot fewer points than regular. I ate too many chips, but other than that, not too bad. The song was great - it got some of the dads misty-eyed, so we achieved our goal. I played fairly well, so I'm satisfied.

Everyone stayed up late watching a movie, but I said goodnight and went to bed at 9:30. I've been so exhausted lately. I feel a lot more human now after 9 hours of sleep. Aaah.

Well, I have a mountain of dishes to do, and my "weekly home blessing" (cleaning) today, so I'd better get started.

Ta ta!
Angela
Old 06-20-2005, 10:51 AM   #130  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Sounds like a busy-busy-busy weekend for all!

Angela, I'm glad the song and guitar playing went well! I'm sure they will remember it forever, and I hope someone was able to record it! Also, good for you for getting some rest! I'm hoping to sleep tonight.

I watched basketball until 11:00 when they went into overtime and decided I couldn't stay up longer. (Thank goodness the Spurs won or I would have felt really bad!) Anyway, I woke up at 2:00 and little DD wasn't home. I went back to sleep, woke up at 3:00, still wasn't home. Fell asleep, woke up at 4:30 -- STILL wasn't home. I started calling her cell phone, no answer. GRRRR! At around 5:00, she came home and popped in my room. She had fallen asleep at a friend's house and the phone ringing woke her up, but instead of calling back and waking up everybody (which wouldn't have been a good idea) she just came home. I turned on the TV for 30 minutes, went back to sleep, woke up at 6:00 when the alarm went off, but then I turned it back off and didn't wake up again until 7:30. Yikes! DH had to play golf this morning with the Air Force people so I had dog duty (he usually does it) which put me getting to work late because I had to stop for gas, go by the bank, and get some drinks for the breakroom at work!

Melissa, I thoroughly understand your frustration about driving to work and being so dissatisfied you don't want to go. Poor thing! I hope you get some relief soon and DH finds out something. You feel free to vent all you want!

Vickie, remember that old haircut commercial (was it Super Cuts?) that said "nothing grows out slower than a bad haircut" ... I HATE dealing with hair, but don't use a regular stylist. Fortunately mine does its own thing anyway so I have little control over it. I use a flatiron to keep it sorta styled. Good luck!

Frouf, I hope your binging is over! I can tell it's bothering you a lot!

Good morning, everybody else! Cindy -- way to go on that ice cream and not going for the high octane stuff! I can take it or leave it, I think because we always had that old melorine crap when I was little and I never developed a taste for ice cream. Thankfully!!

I'm looking forward to lunch and having my chicken. Whoever it was that asked about the marinade, I used the new Coke Zero, a little soy sauce, olive oil, and some spices. It marinated in the fridge for about 3-4 hours and turned out really well!

Off to drink more water. Everybody have a great day!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:02 AM   #131  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Kahty - congrats on making those AMAZING choices at the restaurant and not being tempted by the chips and salsa - I know it was hard, but I'm sure it will pay off in the long run.

Vickie - there is NOTHING WORSE than being disappointed in your hair - I am also fairly picky and if you recall that last time I had my highlights done, I did end up going back to finally have them "adjusted" to my satisfaction (and I made sure they wrote it down on my "card"). You are paying so you should be happy - hope the new stylist works out for you.

Angela - glad your debut went well and that the bbq was a success. I was going thru some old family pics last night (preparing brother's birthday present "collage") and found lots of my parents - and I really studied those of my dad in his younger days - it is sad on father's day when your dad is no longer around! So I was kinda misty-eyed when I was done! But it was also a nice trip down memory lane!

As for the wagon pic - I think it's big enuf but you better have a few of you on the other side when I hop on so I don't tip the darn thing over! Yup, my scale is up 2.5 lbs this morning after my weekend of "debauchery". So I am back on plan - and this is the hardest part - understanding that this is what it will be like! Even on maintenance - if I have a wild weekend or indulge a little too much am I just going to throw in the towel and give up? Of course I can't do that. As soon as the scale is up a few pounds I will need to re-evaluate what I've been doing (feedback not failure!) and take corrective action. I CANNOT LET A 2.5 GAIN OR ANY GAIN FOR THAT MATTER THROW ME OFF COURSE! So back to the battle......

It's a warm and sunny day today after a rainy weekend (of course we're back at work right?) but too hot to walk at lunchtime and I have a 1 pm meeting. I am also going to an "event" tonight - closing program for a group I belong too and it's called "Sweet Finale" - need I say more? Yes it's a dessert party but I am pretty sure there will be FRESH FRUIT and my challenge will be too stick to the fruit and tea or coffee and avoid the cakes, cookies, pastries!

Frouf
Old 06-20-2005, 12:22 PM   #132  
Athlete in Training

Good morning all!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's day weekend. We did some work on the house, and made good progress, so I feel accomplished. I think I did okay at Sunday's festival. I saved 30 points - had a big slice of bbq chicken pizza, two chocolate strawberries, a bite of my DH's steak taco, one doubledipped chocolate peanut, one big curly fry from DH's Arby's dinner and a sweet hibiscus iced tea. I have to admit being tempted by 'cheesecake on a stick', but if I'm going to have cheesecake, I'm going to have the flavor I want and enjoy it on a plate with a fork and a good cup of coffee. Anyway, I think I did okay and I had a good time.

Taste of Chicago opens next weekend (I go every year). That is a much larger fest with LOTS more food, but I'm starting to think I can handle it, so I'm planning to go. We do 14 miles on Saturday, so hopefully APs will cover me if I feel I need to use more than WPA. It's so weird to think about going 14 miles when I couldn't walk my dogs around the block back in March.

Froufy, you have a fantastic attitude. Feedback, not failure. Welcome back to the battle.

Cindy - thank you, thank you, thank you! We talked about missing Coldstone - and it sounds like we don't have to. The trick will be to get the healthy choice and not one of their other tempting options.

Kathy, the marinade sounds really good. I'm going to give that a try, now that grilling season is upon us. And way to go at the Mexican restaurant!

Melissa, you can vent anytime. I really like how you put it - not feeling valued or valuable. I'm in the same boat and it isn't easy going to work in the morning.

Everyone - have a marvelous Monday. The weather is beautiful and life is good.

Peace.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:58 PM   #133  

Hello all of my core friends! Finally back. My brother was in town last week, from Oklahoma, with his 3 children!!!! So we had a mad house at my moms, There were 7 count them 7 kids.. It doesnt even feel like I had a vacation from work. I love them all, but wow is all I can say. My nephew here is 14, but acts around 8-10yrs old when my sister is around My children 7,6,& 19 months and my brothers children are 6,4,&2... It was so much fun taking them to the beach and on the Sea Blaster(huge, fast speed boat-Dolphin Cruise). They have never seen the beach, so they had a blast catching seashells, fishing, etc....I enjoyed my time off to much and I up to 210. I am trying to get back to things today. I havent ate anything so far today. I think Im going to try the cornmeal chicken or the diet coke chicken for dinner today. It is the start to my fresh new week and back to being OP, half of my pants dont fit me anymore, and I spent way too much money last week on buying gifts, and doing fun things.....

CONGRATS ON ALL OF THOSE LOSES I HAVE SEEN ON THE BOARD!!!! SEND SOME STRENGTH MY WAY LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 02:01 PM   #134  
Radmom413

Hey again girls - I double checked on the Coldstone, and another site that I use for reference said that a "Like - It" size was 3 points. It really was good too.....the other stuff is so rich and gives you a tummy ache!
Old 06-20-2005, 05:14 PM   #135  
focused and aiming

vickie, i know how you feel. i changed stylists a couple of months ago. my "old" one had gotten so she'd rush me through like cattle. i am sooooo glad i made the change. it's the best thing i've done in a long time.

melissa, you vent all you want. we all do that sometimes. i guess i decided to take the day off from core. it's definitely looking like that right now, anyway. i need to go change my daily menu, but i'm hating to post what i've already eaten let alone what's to come. i'll be back on core tomorrow. maybe when dh gets this job (and he will!) you can change work. think positive thoughts. good things will come.

angela, i'm glad you were able to get the much-needed rest.

kathy, sounds like you're going to need a good night's rest tonight. i'm glad dd was safe.

"I CANNOT LET A 2.5 GAIN OR ANY GAIN FOR THAT MATTER THROW ME OFF COURSE! So back to the battle......"

frouf, i'm with you all the way. i'm not quite ready to dust off and get back on the wagon but i will in the morning. i need to wallow a little more first.

terry, you did great. we had taste of missoula this past saturday but we missed it cuz of archery tournament. that's probably a good thing, too. i'm on a roll right now.

anna, sounds like you and i need to get together and get these scales going the right direction. i'm afraid to weigh after what i've been eating today. today ends at midnight. thank goodness for that.

cindy, thank you for checking on the "like it" size. i hadn't heard of that. is it large enough to justify just being 1 pt lower than their small? just wondering.

you're not going to believe what i have planned. (i need a life, don't i?) i am going to watch all 3 "lord of the rings" on dvd with subtitles. it may take me all week, but i'm going to do it. i had trouble understanding what was being said most of the time when i saw them before. i'm thinking subtitles will be the way to go on this.

have a good day.
Closed Thread