Having Fun on Core Board Twenty-One! - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 09:25 PM   #1  
Melissa

Default Having Fun on Core Board Twenty-One!

Go for it chicks!!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:26 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Yay!!!

Now ... what to talk about? Hmmmmm....
Old 06-16-2005, 09:28 PM   #3  
Melissa

Everything! This is why we fill up so many pages.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:30 PM   #4  

Okay, now I know. Calphalon pans. Check these out:

Griddle/Crepe pan

Shallow Sauce pan

Skillet with Lid

I have all of these and they are really great. Look at the original prices -- those are real! I doubted it, so I went to the mall and looked at the Great Indoors for these pans. I found the very same ones, with the same numbers, etc., and the prices in the store were the high prices. Sometimes on the Amazon Friday sale, they are even lower. What a deal!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Okay, I just posted on the last board, so I am copying and pasting it here:

Melissa that's great news! Sounds very promising

Kathy - a friend of a friend made my dd flip flops with that fuzzy fun fur??? Have you seen them? Somehow you take that fun fur and crochet it onto flip flops. They are really cute. I picked up the instructions at WalMart, but not sure I understand how to do it. I'll try it and let you know what happens. I know when her friends see them they will all want them. You can see them here.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cff-flipFlops.html

Lisa
Old 06-16-2005, 09:36 PM   #6  
Melissa

Kathy, those prices are amazing. I would love to have those, especially the skillet. I got T-Fal when we got married (4 yrs ago) and they are starting to really wear out on me. Maybe one of these days I will be able to get some of that. I've never seen Calphalon so cheap. Now if only I had $!

Lisa, thanks, we are hoping for more news soon! I love those fuzzy flip flops! But I am just learning to crochet and don't even have a clue as to what that pattern means. Oh well, one of these days!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:43 PM   #7  

Melissa, I have had my T-fal for 10 yrs., but it is getting old. Just said to dh the other day, that I need a new skillet and some sauce pans, but I don't need a dutch oven, so I will have to buy separates., unless I go with another brand. It says on the flip flop pattern, that is is a beginner skill, I am better learning from watching............

The story board is really wild. I just don't have the imagination to add to it. DS (5 yrs old ) is watching WWE Smackdown right now. Somewhere in the last couple of weeks he started getting into this wrestling. They were just here in Hershey last week and he really wanted to go, but not quite appropriate for a 5 yr. old and I'm sure it was loud and he would have wanted to leave after 20 minutes. Besides tickets were $56 each. Maybe I can turn his attention back to Power Rangers or Ninja Turtles.

Lisa
Old 06-16-2005, 09:44 PM   #8  

Lisa, I saw some of those flip-flops at Hobby Lobby the other day -- so cute but I didn't stop to look at the materials and/or patterns. I would probably wear them myself, and what great BD gifts for little girls! I'm going to look at them next time I'm at HL, which will probably be Saturday because I need to frame a wedding invitation.

Our standard wedding gift is to frame the invitation and give it back. DH and I counted it up recently and I think in the 7 years we've been married, we've done around 35 of them. Usually they are standard size and we can get a 8x10 mat that has a 5x7 opening, put it in an 8x10 frame, and call it good. And everybody just LOVES them! You wouldn't believe the number of people who actually cry when they see it! I guess they didn't think about doing it for themselves. Anyway, out of all those we've done, we've only had 4 that were wacky sizes and had to have them custom framed. Other than that, it usually costs less than $10 and is such a cool gift. And anyone can feel free to steal the idea and start doing it for yourselves. I guarantee it's a gift that is totally unique and quite a hit!

Last edited by Katpo; 06-16-2005 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:49 PM   #9  
Melissa

Kathy that is a great idea! I am definitely going to steal that and use it. Too bad I didn't know about it before this past weekend when we went to that wedding. I would have done that! You are too creative.

Lisa, I think that I have been way too rough on my tfal for it to last ten years! It is pretty roughed up now. My mom did buy me a new skillet as a housewarming gift, and it is really nice. But other than that I have been very rough on the pots and pans! Good luck getting your DS back to cartoons! Of course, he could be watching worse things.

I've got to get something accomplished and go to bed! Where did this night go?
Old 06-16-2005, 09:52 PM   #10  

Melissa, you can also do it for baby announcements ... put in a cute pink or blue frame or whatever would match. New parents love it!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:54 PM   #11  

Kathy - I have done that also with Wedding invitations., except I think I actually bought a frame made for invitations. I have one now that is sort of accordian style with the bride and groom picture on the front and when you open it up it measures 5 x 14 1/2. Also grey and white - their picture is on the front. What color mat and frame would you use. I was thinking maybe black mat with silver frame..............
Old 06-16-2005, 09:58 PM   #12  

Kathy - this website adds dried flowers to theirs., you could easily do this too.

http://uncommonweddinggifts.com/weddings.html

Lisa
Old 06-16-2005, 10:00 PM   #13  

I've done pretty much every color combination in the world! If it's cream paper with black ink, I'll do a black and tan mat in a wooden frame. I had one a month or so ago that was stark white paper with navy ink. I put it in a white frame and double mat of dark blue/light blue. When we took it to them (they were having a party at their house) they just practically broke down when they saw it. They showed us their bedroom, and they have white furniture, with a dark blue/light blue striped comforter set. How perfect was THAT???

If I don't know what sort of furniture they have or colors in their house, I usually go for a wooden frame, and a mat to match the invitation. Most are black and tan or cream. I had one with a burgandy ribbon one time, so I got a special mat cut to match the ribbon. Another was square and on translucent paper, so I had to have something made to go behind the invitation. It's been fun and is now our signature gift. People know to expect it.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:11 PM   #14  
Melissa

You guys are just too creative. My gf is having a baby in October and I will have to do that for her. I love gifts that are creative.

Well I think I am headed to bed. Send a few blinks to me for w/i in the morning (buck nekkid and empty), despite the fact that I ate too much today!

Good night chicks!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:18 PM   #15  

Nighty night!

Go Spurs!! (Had to get that in!)
Closed Thread