Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 01:19 PM   #31  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, you'll be ok. Try not to fret too much about the gain. That's a lot of eating out. Be careful on the treadmill though. You don't want to really hurt yourself. Isn't there anything else you can do that doesn't involve your feet?
Old 06-17-2005, 01:51 PM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Frouf, I'm the lone doubter in the group, but I know it's because I have a similar situation at times. Have you ever heard the country song by Pam Tillis called "Shake the Sugar Tree"? It's like this gal gets nothing until she starts complaining, then her man steps up, but when things get better, he goes back to being his normal self and neglects her. What a roller coaster, but I can say that since I ride it myself most of the time.

Here's a part:

Love, you're getting lazy
You're forgettin' to give me
Sweet sugar words that I wanna hear
You've been neglectin' me
You know jealously, it is a bitter as a green spring berry

And just like fruit from a fickle vine
You turn sweet in the nick of time
Love you only come alive when you're losin' me
And it's a childish game
I've got to shake you up just to wake you up
To make you love me

So anyway ... the flowers were a really nice gesture but how sad that these guys don't think on their own! Instead they get this knee-jerk panic when they see we're serious. But still ... enjoy those flowers and like someone else said, maybe this will become a habit and not just a reaction designed to placate you for the time being. Also, Father's Day is approaching and I'm sure he's thinking about that. If not, he SHOULD be! I would go to therapy and still vent all I wanted though. You still have plenty to talk about.

And I'd like some rain if you can spare it. We've been promised for quite a while and haven't had any.

Congrats to those who lost and Sandra, don't sweat that pound. You had quite a weekend last week and it couldn't be helped.

I'm off today and although I have a long list of chores lined up, I'm not inclined to do any of them.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:12 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

thank you vickie and kathy. wish i could "sweat" the pound. i haven't been to curves since my feet started hurting. (i know i'm wasting money.) i am going to just do a very few minutes on the treadmill. i'm not ready to go back to curves yet. guess i haven't wasted enough $$ yet.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:15 PM   #34  

I can't spare any rain, but we have some extra earthquakes lying around if you want one. They're small, but even the small ones can perk you right up.

I've been mostly on plan this week. There were a couple of days when I think I had two once-a-day items in the same day for cost and logistical reasons, but nothing out of hand. I'm not sure I'll be down tomorrow, because of the TOM, but I'd be surprised if I'm up much, as long as I can stay away from the cheese and the popcorn.

I think after the kids settle into camp, life will be less crazy. I can't believe how many things the school tries to pack into the last week or so. At least ds is through it now. His class is spending the whole day running around on the grass at a local college baseball field and eating pizza. He's above average at both of those things.

The most exciting thing is that tonight Elvis Will Leave the Building. The school building, that is. Elvis the betta is coming to live (pleasepleaseplease) with us for the summer.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:17 PM   #35  

Good afternoon ladies (or good day, depending on where ever you are). Just reporting in. I tried the chips with my lunch today, I was dying to try them. I think the alloted baking time of 25 minutes is a bit long as some were a bit too crunchy and dark. They were OK. I had them plain with salt and a 93%ff burger patty with them and sauteed summer squash and onion, done in non stick ww butter spray. My duaghter did not like the chips, but I did. I think they were decent enough to eat and I was craving "crunchy" so badly. She, on the other hand, has been eating whatever she pleases lately so it's not as big of a deal for her.
If I had bothered to use salsa or some kind of dip made with ff plain yogurt, I think I'd have liked these better. I'd recemmend you all try them if you are looking for a "chip fix" as they satisfied that need in me.
I wish I had time to try a cake this afternoon, but am into cleaning house as DH's boss is maybe "stopping by" tomorrow as he and his wife have a wedding to attend near our home. They live in another state so it's a big deal and they have never been to our home before. I've kind of let things go a bit, being the lazy person I am, so I am busy scrubbing, cleaning and putting things away. I don't seem to be good at putting things away, either!
Frouf, just some words of advice from another married lady. I have my 21st wedding anniversary on 6/24 and there are good and bad times that I can recall. DH is not gonig to be bringing me surprises unless I am doing the same thing for him on the other end. He's not going to be romantic unless I am doing romantic things on my end. I can't expect him to always be giving and giving when all I am doing is taking. I'm not saying this is the case with you at all. It's just that I've learned over the years that when I do sweet things, the sweet things start to come back in my direction. Once in awhile I will call him out of the blue and just say "I love you", nothing more. I leave him silly love notes and when he used to make a lunch to bring to work, I'd sneak the love notes and a chocolate candy into his lunch bag sometimes when he wasn't looking. He'd always call me when he found them and sound very much "in love" with me.
I don't get flowers, cards and stuff all the time, he's not that kind of guy and never will be, but I know that I get more from him at the times when I am giving more. When he walks in the door and I grouch at him, reminding him of chores to be done, he gets grouchy with me and then our time together goes downhill. If he walks in and I drop what I am doing and give him a big smile and a hug, he starts off his evening with me in an entirely different way.
I hope you work things out, no matter what.
I also find that a postive approach to each day, be it our diet, our exercise and all that we have to do will go lots further than being resentful.
Have a positive day/evening to all!
Linda in NH where the SUN is SHINING for the first time in days!!!

Last edited by derrydaughter; 06-17-2005 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:17 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cher123
At least ds is through it now. His class is spending the whole day running around on the grass at a local college baseball field and eating pizza. He's above average at both of those things.
I swear, you should move to Texas so we can be best friends. You crack me up with your crazy brand of humor every single day!
Old 06-17-2005, 02:49 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

cher, i'm listening to elvis right now. i'll think of your elvis when i'm listening from now on. "blue hawaii" sort of appropriate for a fish, don't you think?

lindanh, dh doesn't always like what i'm making either. he eats real things too much to appreciate some of our core recipes. oh, well, leaves more for me, right?

kathy, cher makes me laugh, too. can we bottle her for all of us to have on hand?
Old 06-17-2005, 03:02 PM   #38  
Southside White Sox Fan

Will somebody PLEASE tell me to get my butt on the treadmill!!!! It's 2:00 and I have to shower no later than 3:30. I've done EVERYTHING else in the world to avoid it and I cannot avoid it anymore.

Ok....I'm going now. I shamed myself into doing it by telling you all that I hadn't yet. Jim just went to the grocery store so I'll go blast the last episdoe of season 3 of the Gilmore Girls.

Talk to you all in the morning. Dinner out then Jim time. I promised him my undivided attention tonight. Have a great evening!
Old 06-17-2005, 03:08 PM   #39  

Thanks, Kathy and Sandra. You know you all are a hoot, too, don't you?

Actually, Elvis is blue.

Linda, that's a great thing to remember. It's really easy to get caught up in all the messy details of family life and forget to have fun, too. So we're going to go to the park this weekend and watch Richie Cunningham's mom pretend to be Queen Elizabeth I.

What's everyone else doing?
Old 06-17-2005, 03:10 PM   #40  
Athlete in Training

Hi all --

I can't wait for this day to be over!! I have a ton of work I need to do around the house and I'm anxious to get started. Only 6 miles this weekend (it's a recovery week), so I should be able to deal with the remodeling.

Go Melissa, go! 2 lbs is fabulous! Congratulations!

Frouf, enjoy the flowers. Whatever the motivation was, he made an effort and that counts. Not to mention, it's always wonderful to get flowers at work. And here's two big ones for you. Now drink your water!!

Cher, I can't imagine getting perked up by an earthquake.

So you're shipping the kids off to camp and getting temporary custody of a fish? I think a few people on this board might think that's a fantastic deal.

Sandra, it is hard to deal with the disappointment of a gain. Don't let it derail you. Now that you're not eating out as much, you'll get that pound off and keep on losing. Be really careful with your feet. Is there a stationery bike or something at Curves that you could do that isn't weight-bearing? It might be a better choice, 'cuz you'll be able to do it longer. And enjoy Cracker Barrel. That's one of my favorite breakfast places. Oh, those fabulous pancakes. They also had this amazing peanut butter pie.

Vickie, I smiled when I thought of you interrogating servers in restauarants. I think we all find ourselves shining a bright light on wait-people - "is that made with butter?" "what exactly is in the sauce?" "do you have fat-free salad dressing -- no, not low-fat. Fat-free." "Go ahead and check with the cook, I can wait". Gone are the days of "Give me the #4."

I'd better get something done here at work. Have a fabulous Friday!

May be pounds melt off for those of you with WI's this weekend.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:12 PM   #41  

Vickie, I hope you're on the treadmill right now because I'd hate to get tough with you!

I have a list of things ... cleaning out the fridge, doing some laundry, cleaning the carpet upstairs where Zuki ran and bled, cleaning one of the FR chairs where somebody leaned their head and made a mark ??? how freaky! Then I have to plant those flowers in the front flowerbed. And I should go to the grocery store too. Judd will be home from work around 5:00 so I'd like to have the majority of these things done by then. I can't take the pressure!!!

Old 06-17-2005, 03:19 PM   #42  

Oh, I meant perked up as in "suddenly very wide awake."
Old 06-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I'm done. Did my 33 minutes and saw the end of season 3 of Gilmore Girls. Rory graduated from Chilton and I cried through her Valedictorian speech like she was my kid. Is my TOM around the corner, or what?

It's 3:30. Time to go shower. Thanks for the bonk on the head!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:41 PM   #44  
focused and aiming

terry, 6 miles is recovery? i am duly impressed. they don't have a stationery bike at curves, but they do have other machines i could use. i don't know why i'm not wanting to go there. i just want to exercise at home. we have stairs. i've been up and down them more than normal today. maybe that will help with the exercise. i still haven't treadmilled. i'll prob just do it 15 minutes today. tomorrow and sunday we'll be doing some hiking. i'm anxious to see how my feet hold up for that. i wore my orthotics about 3 hours today. i should be healed, right?

kathy, sounds like you're planning to do a lot before dh gets home. wish i had your energy.

cher, blue elvis, eh? that's something else.

vickie, wish we could tread together. that would be fun. enjoy your night out.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #45  

I don't know about the rest of you -- but my body gets worn out after 6 miles sitting in the car, or on a bike. Running 6 miles???? Um, no!!

Dang DH came home early and caught me eating a hot dog from 7-11. Uh-oh! I went ahead and started talking anniversary plans to him in case he had some people he wanted to include. He knows about the cake, and the champagne, and who I've called. He suggested a few others, so we'll work on it during the week. We're still looking for a downtown Fort Worth hotel. I've emailed our travel agent to see if she can pull some strings.

Hubba hubba!! Sounds like a whopping good time to me!!
Closed Thread