Height: 5'4"

OK Sloan: good girl

I'll do an DVD to keep you company.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:20 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Rhonda-turns out I was in my target heart range. Next time I'll do 30 minutes.
Thanks for keeping me company.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #108  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies.

Vickie, I'm hanging on by my fingernails, too. Let's dangle till we get a good hold on things.

BB, you are a poster child for CORE. I applaud you.

Sloan and Rhonda, I've been lugging waterhoses around in upper 90 heat today. I hope I'm burning calories while I'm burning. Which reminds me--ya'll look at my tempie thingie. I need to get off here and lug hoses some more. See ya later.

Last edited by ontarget; 07-12-2008 at 05:42 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #109  

Sandra-you may have us beat. I don't know about Rhonda, but I exercised inside today.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #110  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Well, didn't get to the beach. I did not want to fight the Saturday traffic, so dd and I went blueberry picking instead. It is early, but we managed to pick 7 pds! I have one quart in the freezer and I'll send a quart to my mom and MIL. We'll probably eat the rest of this batch - DH wants a blueberry cake. I'll go again in 2 weeks - to do the 7 pds then should only take an hour where today it was closer to 2. Then dd spent the rest of the afternoon in her waterslide with the 2 girls from next door. Probably have her do the same thing tomorrow.

I did not make my challenge - I'll try again next week. The non core things I did track and I'm within my points. So, I'm happy.

Sandra, I hope you managed to wet you self with those hoses! Stay cool...

Vickie, glad you got a good nights sleep. I wonder as a mom if I'll ever have a solid 8 hours again. Any noise from dds room and I'm awake. Not to mention that I have to get up in the middle of the night for the bathroom.

BB, I think tomorrow is going to be more humid than today, but its supposed to break on Monday. I hope dh can keep in side. Does he have asthma? I hope he is doing ok.

I also have cooking to do tomorrow. I'm going to make salsa chicken, then I found a baked vegtable barley recipe in this months light and tasty. I'll provide a review after I make it. It looks yummy in the magazine. I also found an applesauce cake I'm going to make dh (I think it will end up with blueberries in it!). He needs somethign for his morning coffee break, so I always have to have something in the house for him.

Well, we are off to take dd for an icecream. The shop has a sf/ff frozen yogurt that is yummy. I'll splurge with that. This is the first time we'll be going this year. We have a model T truck that we may take for a ride. Its a nice summer evening!

Have a good one.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:58 PM   #111  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Hi Chickies! This is the first time that I finally got to sit down all day, other than eating breakfast!
I was so busy today cleaning and cooking. I cleaned my entire main floor, plus cleaned out cupboards and cleaned both my refrigerators! Yes, we have two, because originally one was just going to be for pop and water, etc. My brother got a new one and said his old one still kept things cold but the freezer didn't keep his frozen things frozen. Well, we got it from him after he had already got his new one, and he had the freezer turned way down. It works great. It's about 15 years old though so he wanted a new one anyway. Well, I use it for more than just pop and water and it was getting pretty dirty.
Then, I put 5 lbs of chicken breasts in the crockpot and let them cook until they were falling apart. I shredded up the chicken and made polenta chips and made a core taco seasoning and will use some of the shredded chicken for chicken nachos deluxe for dinner tonight. I also made my salsa today as well. And I made the cherry berry jam and it's delicious. I also went to the grocery store for green peppers(for my salsa) and ended up with a whole lot more than I planned on. I think I'm going to make the diet cola sloppy joes, but use the shredded chicken in place of ground beef. I'll bet that would be really good. That way I can freeze some of it for a later time. I also picked up my basement a little bit, but will save the rest of the cleaning in the basement for tomorrow, as I am beat! So with all that, I sure would think I got in some exercise with all the bending and lifting and scrubbing and such.
Tomorrow I will finish my basement cleaning(we have a finished basement), and also make quite a few batches of the cottage cheese pancakes as I ate the last of my stash on friday and I can't live without those! I am also going to cook some other stuff, but haven't decided what yet. So that was my day.
Rhonda, I hope you have fun at Niagara Falls, I have been there once, and I was only about 6 years old. As a child, the one thing that sticks out in my mind was the wax museum.

Sandra, I actually go to water aerobics class at a senior citizen home, so the pool is always warm and there is not really a deep(over my head) part. Because I'm short, there are areas that are up to my neck, but that's about it. So we do a lot of walking and things with foam bar bells and noodles. But I really get a good workout!

Sloanie, keep up the good work with your exercise!

Ok, sorry for such a long post. I will talk at you all later!

Last edited by twestra; 07-12-2008 at 06:59 PM.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #112  

Good grief Tracie, can you come to my house on Monday? When DS graduated in May, I cleaned like that, but it took me several days! You must be exhausted!

Paula-the blue berry picking sounds awesome! Have you read the book "Blueberries for Sal" to your DD? If not, I'll bet she would like it. I read it as a child, and I also read it to my kids.

I made the chicken fried rice recipe tonight and substituted broccoli slaw mix for the veggies since I had some left from when I made the KFC slaw. I stir fried the slaw mix after I cooked the chicken. It tasted pretty good, but next time I'm going to follow the recipe as written. It seems like I have been busy all day, and all I have accomplished is shopping for groceries, making berry cobbler, making dinner and making a huge mess out of the kitchen. I have a pile of laundry that is as deep as I am tall, so tomorrow will be laundry day

GTG clean the kitchen! TTFN
Old 07-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #113  
focused and aiming

Paula, I did "accidentally" get wet a couple of times. I decided to stop watering until tomorrow. I still have several more "new" trees to water. I try to water each 45 min to an hour. It takes a long time and lots of hose lugging, but it's worth it.

Sloan, I'll bet you burned a lot of calories exercising.

Tracie, you've been a busy chickie for sure. We have more than one fridge, too, but the main one is in the house. The other in the RV. I still use it for overflow.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #114  
Southside White Sox Fan

Chicks, I've been a bum today....just working with my brain doing paperwork. I feel so fat and disgusting.

My new living room coffee table and end tables arrived today. They are just cheapies that have to be assembled but they'll look cute in my living room. I'm dumping the old ones that I bought in 1990 that were all banged up. We never go in there except to exercise because that's where the treadmill is. We have a very traditional/crazy home. We do what works for us.

And...tomorrow I'll be running around replacing all the floor registers in my house with my new medium oak ones. Beautiful! Tomorrow is a swimming day. Looks like the next week will be steamy here in Chicagoland. I should be able to get plenty of exercise.

And....I finally picked my countertop. Now on to the backsplash tile and paint colors.

Have a great evening.

Last edited by Vickie; 07-12-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #115  
Tracie

Sloanie, I am exhausted. But I know I'll sleep good tonight!!! Cuz I got more to do tomorrow!!

Sandra, that's what our 2nd fridge ended up being for. Overflow. Meant for just pop and water, but it's funny how food always ends up in there when I go grocery shopping. Just not enough room for everything in the main fridge. Our second one is downstairs in my basement, which is where my family room and bedroom is. That's where I hang out.

Vickie, I would love to be able to remodel my kitchen. My countertops are ugly gold when gold was popular(before I owned the house) and my floor needs new linoleum real bad. I'd actually prefer tile. We will see wht happens. Hopefully I can redo it some day.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #116  
barb

Height: 5'7

HI everyone, Wow what a busy 2 days. You all sound busy as well.

Tracie you go girl on the cleaning, dang I need some of your energy....I hate this computer room..It needs to be cleaned in a major way..I just kinda block my mind from the mess. I really need to pull it together.

You all have some great recipes. Oh my gosh I had the chicken buffalo burger....Heaven.. I only made one and froze the rest of the meat. My family had regular burgers....Well guess what they tried mine and loved it so Tom I am making some more....They were soooooo good.
I need to find the sf/ff pudding drink that tjes was talking about and the fried rice one as well. Tom I am making the pancakes with cottage cheese to try..

This week did not go as well as it needed to go. I stopped recording and had some but not a lot of core foods. I will try again.

I do not remember who asked the age of my son who got his shot but he is 11. Fearful as ever. The poor kid was crying when we WALKED into the doctors. Than his blood pressure was elevated because of it. I felt so bad but he was just nervous and really shook up. Than the nurse brought in an extra nurse to help her in case he went a little wild. He did fine...I told him to relax or his muscle will tighten up and it is harder to get the shot in. So he relaxed and it did not hurt. Anyway, we decided to only do 1 shot this time around and we will do the next 2 at his next year visit. We did not want him to have a fear forever and this may let him get over his fear since it did not hurt like he remembered. We wanted to get his blood taken for cholesterol but decided to wait on that too. MY DH side has terrible issues with that. His nieces had high levels at an early age and I do fear for my son. He is a tall boy ..5'3 and weighs 127. I try to watch his choices but he is a growing boy and still a child. Doc says he is off the charts but proportion and nothing to worry about, that makes me happy. But I do need to check it at some point.

Anyway, that was my one day...Than this weird guy is running around in our city and surrounding cities drinking boys URINE..... Yep you heard it right...SICK....SICK MAN...Any way, I have tried to explain to the boys how they need to go in pairs, be aware of the surroundings yada yada yada...
So we go to a pool on Friday, in our city.....we choose the smaller one..not the bigger one with the slides, lazy river....Where many people go....We go have a good time , come home and on the news about 15min after we are home on the TV, that guy was at the pool we did not go to. He was in the BATHROOM.....I was so upset, I freaked out because we almost went there. We go there about once a week. I was shocked. My neighbor passed out photos to the pools on this man because her friend was in a sporting store and he was following her kids around. Both times the police can do NOTHING...he has not committed a crime. That morning of the pool incident he just finished a court date from drinking urine at a place my boys were at in Feb. For 6 weeks. There I think he was caught....My boys were there. I know they did not go to the restroom, but still.. Anyway, he just left his court session and went to the pools. Not sure if anything will happen from it but I do know he is not suppose to be at facilities that cater to children. I guess as long as he did not have shop set up he is fine. What is it going to take for them to put him away....He has several crimes and a few were molesting boys. I fear for my boys and all the boys around hear JUst crazy.

Sorry for ranting but I am shook up about this and it really gets my blood going.

In a good note I booked my vacation to Florida. I got a unbelievable $ for the condo. It is 2 miles from Disney and perfect. So I REALLY need to lose weight now.

I better go. I should check on the boys. chat later. Barb
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh, yuck, Barb. I'm sure we all understand why you are so upset and would be too. It's a sad world sometimes.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #118  
focused and aiming

Barb, that's one weirdo. I'd be upset, too.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #119  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Barb, how horrible and yucky. I'd be frantic. I hope they lock him up and throw away the key.

Tracie, we aren't gutting the kitchen but rather refurbishing some of the items. We're doing the countertop and backsplash. Then I'm going to come in and have someone repair the grout in my ceramic tile. Then they can stain the grout a completely different color and seal it so it doesn't get dirty. I'm excited to see that. Then the kitchen, downstairs bath, entrance hallway, laundry room, and upstairs hallway will all get painted with the horrible wallpaper removed from my kitchen. I'm hoping that the stuff we left doesn't look shabby when we're done. We're going for facelift since we're retired and can't spend the whole nest egg on home improvements. We don't believe in creating long term debt.

I've got a relaxing day planned except I'm feeling guilty since I should be out looking at backsplash tile. I'd rather swim so I'll see how the pool temperature is after all that rain. If it's too cold I'll go shopping. We are supposed to have a real heat wave the next week so swimming will be my focus. In Chicago, one must capitalize on the very short swim season when it's here.

I did good with my eating yesterday. Today I will be even better. I need to drink more water...how about you?

Last edited by Vickie; 07-13-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #120  
Tracie

Barb, that guys sounds like he has some problems! Weird!

Vickie, you know I'm just across the pond from you. The lake Michigan pond, that is. I live in the Grand Rapids Michigan area, actually between Grand Rapids and Holland. We're actually pretty close. So I know what you mean about the short swimming season.

I got up this morning and finished my cleaning in the basement (our family room area and my bedroom), finished all the laundry and made 4 batches of the cottage cheese oatmeal pancakes(I added blueberries to them). I should be set for quite awhile on pancakes. I don't eat them every day. I alternate between shredded wheat with some kind of berries on top, and the pancakes. From 4 batches I got 24 pancakes (6 per batch) and had two this morning. I used the cherry berry jam on them and they were very good.
Today I am making some vegetable beef soup with all core foods. I am also going to make my diet cola sloppy joes with the chicken that I cooked and shredded today. I am also making turkey for dinner tonight, because I love having all the leftovers, plus I love having turkey more than just for thanksgiving. No stuffing as no one in my family eats it and I sure don't need it. I will make core mashed potatos though and skim all the fat off the top of the gravy and have some, but count points for it. My sweet potatos are core and so are the vegetables and I'm not having rolls so the only thing I will have to count is the gravy. Yummy, sounds good just thinking about it.
It's pretty windy here today, although it is warm.
Well, I'm off to cook up another storm!!!