Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm green with envy about all the baking, going to cottages, swimming in the pool, going to the beach....!!

I'm WORKING!! It seems that life has been nothing but work for too long a time. I've got to get control of that.

Next week, DH's daughter and two sons (little ones) come to visit and, of course, the house and yard are a mess..in my view of things. I am too affected by all of this. I should simply say that if they don't like it (DH and his DD) they can clean it up. But, I'm just not there yet.

Help, I'm drowning in self-pity!!!! OK, I won't eat and I'll think about Noussa with company coming non-stop to visit!!!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #77  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, if it doesn't bother DH then don't worry about it. If it bothers him....he should help. That's how we do it here anyway!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #78  
beachbum

LOST 1.3 AT WW MEETING THIS MORNING

I'm so thrilled that I switched to the Core Plan.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #79  
Southside White Sox Fan

You go BB! Congratulations.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #80  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

BB! WTG!! Core does work!

Vickie, lunch sounds wonderful! I brought leftover buffalo chicken burger for lunch. I put some ff swiss cheese on it and melt it and it's awesome. Absolutely love these things!!

Rhonda, I'm not going to the cottage after all, this weekend. I will be staying home, cleaning(although I will be getting in my pool) and visiting with my mom. She has been in town for 3 weeks now, and I haven't seen her yet, so I want to spend some time with her. She is here for the summer and it's usually the only change I get to see her. So I will be doing some core baking, as well, but I will get to spend some time with my mom.

Have a great core day, chickies! Keep on Core-in'!!

Last edited by twestra; 07-10-2008 at 12:28 PM.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #81  
barb

Height: 5'7

Congrads BB.

I failed yesterday, not sure if I mentioned that already...Trying to do better today, we will see....

Off to go to the Doc for a check up for my ds. I am hoping he is not getting a shot because he is terrified of them and I HATE going through it with him... Something tells me he is due. Oh well.

Have a great day....... Chat later Barb
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #82  
Southside White Sox Fan

Barb, practice makes perfect! Fingers crossed that DS doesn't need a shot. I don't have any kids but I hate to see my dog have a shot. So....I sort of know how you feel.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #83  

Hi ladies, we got back home from the lake after 3:00, swimming lessons were at 10am and we just spent the day there and got alot of exercise in. All I ate was fruit all day and I am cooking a whole chicken & potatoes in my NuWave Oven. The kids have baseball at 5:30 tonight and I am thinking about not going, I have a bad headache probably from too much sun.

vickie lunch sounds delicious

BB congratulations on the weight loss

I will check back in a bit!
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #84  

Height: 5' 10"

OK, I "thought" I did a post earlier today. Its gone! Oh well.

BB - congrats on the loss. Core is amazing isn't it!!!

Niki - whats a Newwave oven? I love kitchen gadgets!! Please share.

Barb - how old is ds? I hope he doesn't need shots. DD had 4 at her 5year old appt in Feb. It was awful! She is old enough to know its going to hurt. There was the Dr on one side, a nurse on the other and a nurse holding her down. The good news is she won't get any until she is 12!

I'm thrilled at how well I'm doing this week. Did I tell you all I did switch my monthly pass to on line tools. I'm going to try doing my WI each tuesday am and track it all on line.

Well, got to get ready to head home. I'll check back tonight.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #85  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Thanks for the congrats. MY DH & I are watching the John Deere golf tournament in Silves Ia.,but right now theres is a rain delay.

Our leader was asking the members who lost this week "how we managed to stay OP on a holiday weekend." I told her that I'm now using a smaller plate,to keep my portions intact,and after switching to the Core Plan I used only half of my WPA's and it worked.

Thanks ladies for the core challenge thread,because thats where the idea came from.

Quote:
Core is amazing isn't it!!!
Paula-I told that to my leader,that I was glad that I switched plans,and she told the class that either plan works but it up to the individual & what works for you. Some how the core plan isn't talked about very much at our meetings. Some of the ladies that I met are afraid to try it. One woman said I'll never go on the core because I love bread.I told her you can have bread,but you have to use your 35 WPA's for that. I guess to each it own,I know I 'll never switch again as I feel satisfied after each meal and if I want something so bad, I have my points.

Have to go,and start supper have a great evening and I see your gals in the morning.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, today turned out not to be as awful as I was anticipating. I had a task in front of me that I thought would take hours. Instead I was able to do it in short order and move on to other things.

I didn't eat well, but I've turned it around already.

DH is outside painting the back steps which he had promised to do. I've also found out that I don't have to be at the office all day tomorrow so I've got some time to do more of the things I wanted to do around here before company comes.

So, Tracie, I hope not going to the cottage is more of a relief than a disappointment!

Congrats to all who are doing well. My weight hasn't changed this week, but it's not over yet!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi ya'll-hope each of you had a good day! I was busy and still have some paperwork to do, but I had to take a break. I made a yummy supper-diet coke sloppy joes over core corn bread and oven fries made with olive oil. It was superb! After two days of using wpa's like crazy, I have not used a single one today! I may have one fiber one cookie with some coffee later on, but that will be it for the evening.

Rhonda-I'm glad your day has shaped up. You sounded very down this morning. Having a day off to get some house work done before your guests come will make getting ready for their visit much less stressful. When I was younger using my day off to do housework would have made me crazy, but now I appreciate the extra time to prepare.

BB-I knew you would lose this week! You go girl!!

GTG kidnap my DS's computer. This one is driving me crazy. BBL
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:11 AM   #88  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I've been ups since 4:45. There have been terrible storms through here in the last 8 hours. We were up until 11:30. I was sitting at the computer this morning and saw a ton more storms coming.....so I took the pooch out at 5:00 and fed her so she could last out the storms. She doesn't go potty in the rain. Spoiled girlie like her Mom.

I have appointments and errands all day again today. I wanted to get into the pool for exercise but it didn't happen because of the storms. I'll be so tired later. I'll definitely need a nap. Sometimes I think I eat when I'm hungry because I'm so exhausted.

I hope you all have a great day. I'll be back later.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:07 AM   #89  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Good morning Chickies!

Paula, I was wondering the same thing. What is a NuWave oven? So I googled it. Check it out. https://www.nuwaveoven.com/spark/index.php

BB, core seems to be brought up a little more often in my meeting, because the leader is on core. I think that helps a lot.

Rhonda, It is a relief that I'm not going to the cottage this weekend. It was my choice to stay home. I was invited, but decided I neede to get things done at home. Plus, some alone time is always nice.

Sloanie, I was thinking of making the diet coke sloppy joes again soon. It's been awhile. They are so good. I never thought about putting them over the core corn bread. Good idea!

Vickie, We didn't have storms so I was in the pool a lot last night with my dbf. I did about 14 laps(4 gets my heart going). I don't do them all at once. The most I have done in a row, so far, is 5. I will work at that though.

Got to get to work. See you all later!
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chickies!

Busy day today, but a fun one, too! My DD and I are going out to lunch with my sister and her DD. We are going to an awesome tea room in Nashville called the "Puffy Muffin". I've been on the website this morning, and have planned to order a Caribbean Chicken Salad with Black Bean Salsa. I'll have the dressing on the side and count points for it. I also plan to have a cookie for dessert and count the points for it as well. I'll also skip my oil for today, because I'm sure there will be oil somewhere in the salad. I'm hoping that having planned ahead I will be successful. Oh yes, it will be another "soft core" day 'cause I don't know exactly how the salad will be prepared, but at least I'm trying!

I have to confess something. I'm not exercising! I read about all of your exercise activities, and I feel like a slug, but I can't get motivated! I'm losing, but I know that the exercise is essential to a healthy life. Why can't I make myself do it? I need a
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote