Old 07-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. We're home from West Central Texas, 3 family get togethers, and lots of decadent food choices. I have been dusting all morning and am doing better eating today than I've done in quite awhile.

Rhonda, I love your photo. Thank you for sharing. I remember the hat well. You're cute!

Vickie, I guess I'm soft core, too. I have some WW TV dinners that I'm using up.

Congratulations to all of you. From reading this thread it looks like you all have your heads on right. I am proud of you.

Got to go. Lots of "to do" stuff here. I'll catch you later. Keep on keepin on.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back Sandra. Glad you're home safe and sound!

Angela-glad your lesson went well. I prayed for ya.

BB-stay away from those crazy baseball fans, they sound dangerous!

Vickie-kwym about controlling everything but the weight! What's up with that?

Have to go to wi tomorrow. I think I have lost some, but I'm not sure how much. Last week I was up .6, so I'm hoping for a loss 'cause I've been on core all week, and I've been drinking so much water I feel like I'm

Have a restful evening, chicks!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #18  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Thank you Paula for the great buffalo chicken burger recipe! I finally tried them and they are very good. Even my dbf said he would eat them again. That means he likes them. If he just says it's ok, that means he doesn't really care for it. He just doesn't want to hurt my feelings. So I have another thing that I can add to my "Yummy" recipes!

So dinner was all core except for the 1 point burger bun. Had the kfc coleslaw with it, but this time made it with rainbow salad/slaw, which is shredded broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and red cabbage. Yummy! I just love that kfc slaw and love the different varieties I have been trying it with.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:21 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 10"

Tracie, glad you both liked the burgers. They are yummy! I made extra on Sunday and had two on top of a salad for lunch yesterday. I forgot my salad dressing but with the burgers on top I didn't miss it at all.

Well, I did great yesterday on plan. I decided I won't be going to meetings this summer. Sadly I only have about 6 Tuesdays left with DD -- since she was born I've worked my 4 day week and have had my Tuesday's with her. Come september she will be in full day kindergarten. So for the summer we are doing things on Tuesdays. Today she is going to a freinds to swim and I'll get some errands done. Then one week I need to take my mom to MILs for lunch, then down the cape to see my Uncle and cousins another Tuesday - that only leaves me 4 beach days! The friend she is going to see today won't be in her school this fall and she is her best freind.

I'm sort of sad thinking about my Tuesdays with her ending. Time has gone by too fast.

Back to meetings -- I'm switching my monthly pass to online membership. Perhaps in the fall I can find a meeting mid day on Tuesdays. The one I have been going to will conflict with the afternoon bus. I did wi this morning (I'll track my am weight each Tuesday) and I'm shocked. Just shocked. I'm the same!! and I'm Thrilled! I stopped my daily weighing a week or so ago -- I was up and it wasn't moving.

I have 6 weeks until we go away to Maine for a week. I want to lose 5 pds by then. I'm at 179, my goal is 174. That would put me back to my goal -- which I haven't been able to do since I made lifetime. I need to pray daily for strength to stick to plan.

Welcome back Sandra!!! Hope your travels were fun, they sounded busy.

Well, got to see if dd is getting out of bed. Its almost 7:30 and she is still sleeping. Which is not like her at all. I need to hit Target and get her water wings and get to the bank before I bring her to her freinds. Then I need to find a copy shop for somethings for dh. UGH, its hot already!

BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #20  
barb

Height: 5'7

HI New here hope you do not mind if I join you. New to core so I need some support. I am actually doing this at home. Money is tight so I do not go into weigh. Maybe come fall things will change.

I will join the challenge as well. Although yes was my first day on the core and I used 7 pts but on healthy things such as hummus and almonds. I really tried than looked after i ate the stuff. Oh well today may be better.

The buffulo chick sounds yummy. Can someone tell me where that recipe is??? I did not see it in this section??? Or did I overlook it???

My biggest challenge is going to be cooking for the family. I have 2 ds and a meat eating hubby. So I am going to try chicken as much as possiable, but is hard since only 2 of us LOVE chiken..The other 2 will just have to learn or go hungry.....Just kidding.. we will make all happy.

Glad I found a group. Good luck today. Barb
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #21  

Hi Barb and Welcome to the board. At the top of the main board (where you see the threads listed) there is a recipe section. In there are tons and tons of core recipes group by type -- I put the buffalo chicken burgers under main dishes. The best thing to do on core is to plan as much as possible. With only 35 wpa a week to use, they can go quickly if you need to use them. I am trying this week no to use any until the weekend.

Post all your questions!! We'll help as best we can.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Barb! Welcome to our little corner of the world.

Good Morning Chicks! I'm going to go have some breakfast and walk on the treadmill before running some errands today. It's supposed to rain here all day so probably no swimming for me.

Drink your water! Gotta push all that great fiber through.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #23  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The heat alert for the seniors is still on. I going out to do the errands again. My DH can hardly breath in this stifling air,that we've been having. Hoping that Hurricane Bertha blows some of this air out of here,when she gets up here.

Looked at the ingredients and nutritional value of the O'Brien Potatoes and there no fat content in either place. So I guess the potatoes are core.Thanks all for helping me out.

My DD & DS e-mailed us to be careful of wearing the Yankee shirts or memorabilia,as the Red Sox Fan up here are violent. The fan,only lives here for 6 months and believed to come from Boston. Usually it very quit up here until the tourist arrive and than the trouble starts.

Have to get going before the weather get to hot for me to be outdoors.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #24  

As a life long Red Sox fan, I can say that Red Sox fans are not violent. It was a horrible thing that occured this past weekend - not a typical happening......
Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #25  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yeah....as a lifelong White Sox Fan I was thinking how horrible this was in general and then how bad for baseball. We live in a two team town where, for the most part, you're a White Sox Fan or a Cub Fan. Very few like both teams. Those that pick one or the other are VERY passionate about their allegiance. My husband's entire wardrobe, with the exception of a few party pieces, is White Sox clothes. How scary to think that someone would do this to him just because of his love of the White Sox. I haven't read the story but I'm hoping the person was crazy and not just doing this over baseball.

Last edited by Vickie; 07-08-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #26  
Southside White Sox Fan

Welcome home, Sandra! I was worried about you. I must have missed the post that said you were going to be gone. I'm glad you had fun.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Thanks for the welcome back. It's good to be here and be on plan. I am already feeling more in control. It's amazing, isn't it how following program gives us power?

Barb. Have you posted on 3fc before? I am thinking I remember a Barb. Is it you?

Paula, you're wise to spend your Tuesdays with dd. Enjoy every minute.

Sounds like you're all doing well. Makes me smile.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #28  

Hey chicks!
I just got back from wi, and I lost 2.8 lbs.
I guess that's what a week of hard/soft core will do. I'm planning to meet the challenge this week, so maybe I'll have a loss next week, too!

Barb- I also highly recommend using the core recipes. It will make eating seem more normal for you and your family.

Paula- days sound really good to me! I know it's bittersweet seeing your DD go off to kindergarten, but just wait until she comes home and shares what she is learning with you! It is so precious to see how their little minds develop. Each phase of their lives is special; I have thoroughly enjoyed each one with my kiddos.

Vickie-I love the comment "gotta push all that great fiber through"

Hi Sandra

GTG find something yummy for lunch. TTFN
Old 07-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #29  
barb

Height: 5'7

HI Sandra yes I have...I think we chatted on Supporting each other. Didn't you recently just move to Texas??? Bow n arrows in your life???? I am thinking I have the right person!!!!! I was unable to get on this site for about 5 months due to an old computer and programs..At least that is what I think. Anyway, I had lost about 5 inches in my waist but no weight on the scale. Since I have fallen off the wagon to a huge degree and am frighten to measure myself to see the damage done. . So I figure forget it, pick my self up , try core!!!! I have never done core so hoping it will work. I will measure myself in a few weeks after I have established a regular eating pattern on this program. Anyway, that is what has happen and I need the support...

Thank you all for the welcome...

Question for you all, not food related.... Planning on a trip to Disney.... Have any of you ever stayed in Downtown Disney...I am thinking it will save us some money and we can still be shuttled to the parks.... If so where did you stay and how was it???? How was the pool??? I am looking for a kitchenette and nice pool. Any suggestions will be good.

Also went on the recipe part... Looking for some breakfast ideas....Not really loving the sounds of some of them....What do you all eat...? The last 2 days I have had a protein drink made with a bananas, milk, tsp of pnb, van flavoring and my protein powder....Yummy , but I am not sure this can be a forever drink... So any suggestions would be great....

Have a great day. I may be back since i am watching kids today and it is way too hot to go outside. Chat later. Barb
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #30  

Barb-I have not stayed in Disney where the rooms were connected with a kitchenette. I have stayed in one of the lower priced places on the property, and I have stayed off of the property. If I had my choice, I would stay somewhere on the property. It is just more convenient. There are good web sites that show how to do Disney on a budget that might have some good info.
For breakfast, I usually have a blueberry muffin (recipe on the core board) and an egg. Sometimes I have cereal with fruit. I know I have seen a breakfast casserole recipe somewhere that I want to try. Just try different things.