Old 07-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #46  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Sloanie, I cut up strawberries and mix a little splenda in them then put them on top of the pancakes. It's very good. I have also made the core apple butter and have used that as well.
Once in awhile, I use 1/8 cup sf maple syrup (1/4 cup is only 30 calories so if you use 1/8 cup-15 calories- it is zero points). But I don't pour the syrup over the pancakes, I dip them in the syrup. There is usually plenty if you dip them rather than pour it over the pancakes.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #47  
barb

Height: 5'7

Thanks a bunch, It will take me a while to get all your names.

Paula oh my gosh the blueberry idea is great. Yummy, would not have ever thought of that.

Thanks for all the great ideas. I actually just got back from the store$$$$$. I did buy some cornmeal and I hope that was what those muffins needed. I need to go back and read the recipes. I just need some blueberries of some kind of fruit. I did buy the ww muffins and have some Canadian bacon.. That will be dinner tom since we have baseball at 5:15. My ds is in playoffs. One more game won and they go to to anther level than if they win that they go to the world series.....How cute is that????

Today went pretty well. Although I did have some BLTs, but we went to the ice cream place and I DID NOT WANT ANY!!!! I was so proud of myself, however I did have a few spoonfuls of my sons...Oh well better than a whole cone

Tracie I notice you were from Mich.... What part, I was born and raised there. I use to live in Livonia.. We just moved out here due to my DH job. I miss MI so much. Our families are there and all my old buddies. We are actually going to Oscoda for 2 weeks in July. My db has cottages ( I say homes) there and we go every year. We also go to Torch a lot. Just love it....

Better go got some books on Florida and want to read some info.. Plus may be making muffins tonight. Take care.
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:07 PM   #48  
barb

Tracie we must have been posting at the same time. Strawberries sound yummy too. I need to read those recipes again. App;le butter is a good idea too. Thanks
Old 07-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #49  
Tracie

Barb, I'm from the Grand Rapids area. I have lived in this area all my life. I love torch lake. We always go up there on our color tour. So beautiful.

When my son was younger, his team made it to little league regionals, but bombed, so didn't make the world series.
But the year before, he should have made the all stars but instead of picking the best kids on the team the two coaches sons got on the team instead. Two kids from each little league team get to play on the all stars. My son had the best stats and was also the only one that had made any home runs, but he didn't make the all stars. The coaches sons did. There's even politics in little league. Anyway, that year the team did make the world series. I enjoyed watching it on tv because I knew quite a few of the kids on the team, but my son wouldn't even watch because he was upset over the whole thing. Like I told him, get used to it because life isn't always fair and he might as well face it.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #50  
barb

That is what has happen 2 years in a row with my younger boy/. The coaches have choosen their own kids. The sad part is that even the coaches wife sad that they were talking and my son was the most improved since last year. Oh well, maybe next year things will get better. It is sad though when that happens, but they still love the game and that is what it is all about. FUN.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Anywhere there are people, there are "politics!" Maybe especially when their kids are involved.

We have just had another major thunderstorm. It feels like we haven't had two days in a row without a storm or high humidity. I was in the back gardening and could feel the air change ever before I heard the thunder or saw the clouds. I love that feeling, but I'm glad I'm safe in the house and not out on Lake Ontario or the highway.

Today we called one of those "pick up your junk" places. It cost us just under $400 to get rid of the two decades worth of old building materials, burned out bar-b-ques, etc that had collected in the storage shed, under the porch, under the house. It sounds like we're really trashy, but we aren't! It was just more stuff. I HATED paying that sum, but we would have hurt ourselves trying to do it alone. And, now to never collect c**p again!

The workers were from Argentina and Mexico! So, we traded favorite restaurant recommendations. And, it feels very good to have the stuff gone, gone, gone. They promise that they don't just dump it in a landfill, but at this point, I'm not being very "green" in my behavior.

I was totally Core today too, and that was really good!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the ya'll. I know next week won't be 2.8, but I'm very encouraged! Also, thanks for the hard core ideas for the pancakes. I think I'll start with the berries.

I've had a hard core day (using my wpa's and marking them down in my tracker). Today is first day of TOM with relentless chocolate cravings . I'm going to have ww chocolate ice cream and ww choc. cake for 4 points. I don't usually do that, but I'm gonna go for it! At least it's ww and not dairy queen.

Vickie-how was your fried rice? I got the recipe from the board, but haven't gotten around to making it. Fried rice is one of DH favs, so I really need to try it!

Sounds like it's been a pretty good day for everyone. Hope your night is good as well. TTFN

Last edited by sloanie; 07-08-2008 at 09:28 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:38 PM   #53  
Tracie

Sloanie, I just bought some icecream that is 1 point for 1/2 cup. It is Breyers Double Churned Free. My store has chocolate & vanilla. It is 90 calories, but has 3or 4 grams of fiber depending on the kind, making it 1 point. I haven't tried it yet but my WW leader said it was good. I also bought some icecream cones. They are only 20 calories so for 2 points I can have an icecream cone.
Looking at their website, they also have cookies and cream, caramel swirl, mint fudge, strawberry and cappucino chocolate chunk. I think my leader said one of them was 2 points, but I'm not sure which one.

Last edited by twestra; 07-08-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:52 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Tracie-that sounds good. My DH loves ice cream, and he is diabetic and very thin. If the Breyers is good, that will be an option for all of us (both of my kids need to lose weight, too). It's funny, since being on core, I've been able to control myself with the treats that find their way into my house. I try to keep things around that I can have too, so I don't lose control. I LOVE CORE! When I counted points, I would run out and still be hungry.

I did have my chocolate fix, so I'm happy!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:41 AM   #55  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone!
Just popping in between houseguests! I have another aunt and uncle coming to visit me in less than an hour. They should be leaving on Friday. So, in an effort to be realistic, I've decided to start my 6 week hard core challenge on Saturday!
Hope you're all doing well!
~Noussa
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #56  

Hi everyone, I can't believe how busy I have been, even now I have to run because my kids have swimming lessons at 10am. I can see you all are doing great op, I was not so good yesterday, I thought it would be easier in the summer to stay op. My scale is the same which is good, maybe because I am getting in alot of exercise at the lake. I am back op today!
I will try to check back later. Take care ladies!
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #57  
barb

HI Everyone, I also have swim lesson at 11. So this will be quick. The ice cream sounds yummy, I have been saved by the skinny cow kind. I hide them from my kids since they are so expensive.
I just made the banana oatmeal muffins. They were so good and hit the spot. 2 questions on this
1. Do you think you could freeze and make ahead???
2. When the recipe calls for unsweetened applesauce does it have to say it on the jar???? I just made them and it did not say anything???? I hope I used the right kind.

I need to concentrate on making things ahead of time just because when I am hungry I want food ASAP.

chat later... Barb
Old 07-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #58  
Tracie

Barb, I believe it would have to say unsweetened on the jar. Mine does. I was careful to make sure I was getting the unsweetened. Also, I always make my muffins ahead, and freeze them. They taste fine after you thaw them out. I can't eat a whole batch before they go bad(Well, I could, but I'm trying to be good). So I definitely freeze them.

Hi Noussa, Hopefully you will be back soon!

Niki, just get back op and you will be fine. I believe I will be gaining tonight at wi because I ate/drank some things I shouldn't have(mostly drank) over the 4th. But when I returned home on Sunday, I was right back op and determined to stay that way. I'm sure I'll gain, but oh well. It will only be a pound or so. I can handle that.

Sloanie, Breyers also makes a sf icecream for your dh. I have had sugar free icecream and it is good. I can't even tell that there's no sugar in it.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #59  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone! I'm thrilled that I've been sticking to plan this week with out any WPAs being used. Where its been hot I've been making WW smoothies each night. A nice cool treat that has been keeping me out of the kitchen snacking. Its another hot one here today - at least being at work I can keep cool. The house was an oven today - just too darn humid for me. I don't know how you all live in the South with high humidty all the time. At least we get breaks from it. Strong storms should be coming through tonight to break it.

Barb, those muffins do freeze well. I've done it a few times. Also try the crock pot carrot cake. Ive mad the batter and done muffins in the oven instead of making it in the crockpot. Comes out great and also freeze well. I'm the freezer queen! Also, be very careful with canned fruits and apple sauce. Check the ingredients. If it doesn't say no sugar added or sugar free, it probably has some sugar in it. I always buy sugar free apple sauce - even for dd, if she is eating fruit then I want to keep it fruit.

Niki - stick to it as best you can. Sometimes a success is staying the same!

Well, off to get some work done. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #60  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, we have made a lot of trips to the Cleburne Sanitation Dept ridding ourselves of "clutter", too. We'll probably keep our pickup mainly for hauling stuff.

I'm watching hummingbirds right now. Life is good.

As to low point ice cream--we eat a lot of those WW 1 pt fudgebars. They're yummy.

I'm slowly getting back on track--no where near perfect but not too bad.

Got to get off the puter and go do some training. I'll catch ya'll later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote