Old 07-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 391/373.4/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I'm new to the board and the website.. What is DD and all the abreviations? Sorry to be slow!
amybmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #62  
beachbum

Hi AMY Welcome to the board,you like it here as its very informative and the ladies are very supportive.

DD= Darling Daughter
DS=Darling Son
DH=Darling Husband

MIL=mother in law
FIL=father in law

Those are the only ones I know off hand

Hope that helps

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #63  
focused and aiming

Amy.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Amy-welcome. If you want to see a list of abbreviations you can go to:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83585.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #65  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

I was going to put the link up to the acronyms as well sloanie! Great minds think alike

Well, I went to ww today and wi, thinking I would gain because of all the cocktails I had this weekend, and also nachos deluxe and I lost .6!!
Not a huge loss or anything but it's better than a gain. I'm so happy! As long as it keeps coming off, I'm happy.

I really wanted to stay home this weekend and do some core cooking and baking, but it looks as if we will be going up to my dbf's cottage again. I love it up there, but I don't get anything done for cooking ahead and I also don't get my house cleaned. After working all day, then coming home, cooking dinner and getting in a little exercise, the last thing I feel like doing is cleaning my house. It's enough work getting the dinner mess cleaned up.

This time his sister and her family and his mother and his daughter will be there so it's a little more hectic up there than it is when it's just him and me, or even him, his daughter and me.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:13 PM   #66  
barb

Height: 5'7

Welcome Amy, I am still learning many of these as well and I have been around for some time.....

Did horriable today....Not core!!!! Dust off and I will do well as of now. To ashame to say what I ate today... ARGH... oh well
chat later Barb
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:39 PM   #67  

Tracie- I'm so for you! Any move in a negative direction is to be celebrated! Also, I'll bet the dirt in your house is minimal, and it will still be there when you get back. I think Steven Covey said something like: no one on their death bed will say "I wish I had worked more". It is the time with family that we always wish we had more of. Have a great time at the cabin! That's an order

Barb-like Miss Scarlet said " tomorrow is another day". You just need to make it core

Sandra-I like the ww fudge bars, too

Paula-I might just have to borrow some of your wpa's since you are not using them

Hey Noussa-good to hear from you!

I've really got the munchies today! TOM came by yesterday, so I've already used 1/2 of my wpa's. I'll probably be better tomorrow. I'm still on core and recording each point that I use!

I'll check in later!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #68  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bum View Post
DD= Darling Daughter
DS=Darling Son
DH=Darling Husband

Hugs BB
Sometimes my DH doesn't mean Darling Husband especially if I am mad at him.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #69  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I used WPA's today on NOT healthy stuff but it was delicious and I had the points. I had a great day and got TONS of exercise in the pool. I'm off to relax now. I made cornmeal blueberry muffins for my snack. I'm starving. I'm going to ohave a warm one now with a glass of skim milk.

As my good friend Sandra says.....life is good!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #70  
Tracie

Sloanie, I found a recipe in my cooking light magazine for cherry berry jam. I think this would be great on the pancakes and it makes 3 cups, so if you make it, you would have quite a bit.

Cherry Berry Jam
2 cups fresh pitted cherries(about 12 oz)
1 1/2 cups blackberries
1 1/2 cups raspberries
3/4 cups splenda(original recipe calls for sugar)
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

Combine all ingredients in medium sauce pan over medium-high heat until boils.Reduce heat & simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.

This sounds pretty good and I think I will try it next time I go to the grocery store and pick up all the fruit. That way I will have it for my pancakes for quite awhile.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #71  

Tracie-OMG my mouth actually watered when I read the recipe! Thanks for thinking of me!! I'm working tomorrow, but on Friday I'll be going to the store to pick up ingredients for the pancakes and the jam. I'm so excited!

Also, I had an idea about the pancakes. What about making them small and stacking them with strawberries sweetened with splenda and topping them with cool whip to make a short cake!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #72  
Tracie

That sounds really good sloanie! Maybe I'll make them smaller next time I make them and try them like that.

When I eat my pancakes, I usually top them with the strawberry splenda mixture and get a bite of pancake with a few strawberries. They are good.-
Old 07-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #73  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Oh what a beautiful morning we're having, the windows are all opened to get that gentle sea breeze ventilating though our house.

We had a massive thunder storm last night that blew this mess out to sea to enjoy this spring like weather. Its to bad the patio table & chairs are wet or I would had breakfast on the deck.

Well in 1:30 hrs I be Weighing In at my WW meeting.Hope I lost something this week.

NANCY- Sometimes,Thats so true about DH from darling husband to dreadful husband instead.

Have to get ready for my meeting,wish me luck at I can chance my ticker in the right dirrection.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:28 AM   #74  

Mornin' chicks- big storm here, too, BB. I'm working as a nurse today, so I'm gonna be busy this morning. Hope all you chickies have a hard core day! Drink that water!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:36 AM   #75  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I have a jam packed day today. Cleaning lady is here now. When she leaves we have a Doctor's appointment and some errands. Then dinner out at my favorite Core friendly Italian restaurant. I'll be having some lovely grilled fresh wild salmon, fresh steamed veggie of the day and homemade whole wheat pasta. The veggies are always fresh and not canned or frozen; broccoli, or green beans, or sometimes even asparagus! They hold the butter on everything for me. I bring my own measured out Smart Balance Light. I have a beautiful mixed field greens salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Of course, I have to pass on the free garlic bread but that's the price for not having to cook the stuff myself! I can't get fish at home because DH truly hates it and hates the smell even more.

Can you tell that I'm hungry?

BTW, I made the cornmeal blueberry muffins last night for the second time and they are outstanding. I added one teaspoon of vanilla extract and more splenda because I like things very sweet. I love that every ingredient is Core. It was my dessert last night with a glass of skim. I was in heaven!

Gotta run.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote