Old 02-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

It's good to hear about Kathy. If she thinks she worked hard before, she ain't seen nothing yet! The restaurant industry is brutal!

I just had a good NSV. I baked a packaged marble cake for DH. I had a small slice and didn't even really enjoy it; threw most of my slice out.

I'll have some grapes instead.

Night all,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #92  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ohhhh Sandra, that is very sweet of Kathy to remember where I live and worry about me. Give her my best.

I'm exhausted. There is all sorts of controversy and secrecy about the investigation. I guess there will be a press conference tomorrow.

I'm started to exercise again tomorrow Chicks. You all have been a wonderful inspiration for me. Thanks!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #93  

Wow, that's interesting news about Kathy. Sounds fun, and I think she'd be great at it. She has a creative mind.

Vickie, take care of yourself.

I got lost driving home from the store tonight...I've only lived here for 32 years!! and I got lost. I think I'm losing my mind.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #94  
focused and aiming

Angela, I wonder why you got lost. Were you exhausted or something? One time Curtis and I got lost coming home from a tournament. It was fatigue.

Here's another message from Kathy: (I had asked her if I could quote her here.)

"I'm still working full-time. This is on top of that. They have two programs -- culinary arts and pastry arts. I'm in the culinary side. I'm not really big on having to EXACTLY follow a recipe, but the pastry chefs are good at that. I tend to lean toward techniques instead of recipes.

That's fine about posting. Please tell them I said hi and congratulations to Melissa for me."

Rhonda, that's a great NSV.

Vickie, I wonder what's going on.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:47 PM   #95  
focused and aiming

Ann, how's your weekend? I read your posts on the other thread. My travels have temporarily stalled. I have gone almost 50 miles so far. I'll do more Monday. Tomorrow we're competing all day at a tournament.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #96  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! No news here yet on the killer. I had a fitful night. I'm embarrassed to say that Jim said he could hear me snoring when he was outside our bedroom window walking the dog. Of course, now don't forget it's the dead of winter here so the window was closed and they are thermal panes and pretty thick. Now that is LOUD! I always snore when I'm bothered about something. Funny huh?

I intend to have a great on program day today. I'm going to work on my taxes and have a little stroll on the treadmill. Nothing heavy duty since I've been off since before Thanksgiving. Slow and steady wins the race.

Angela, you have a lot on your mind and you were probably just distracted. I think you're probably ok!

Talk to you all later.

Last edited by Vickie; 02-03-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #97  

Vickie - How funny about the snoring! My DH is a big snorer though usually works overnights which helps me get some sleep He says I snore as well Still can't believe about the shooting

Sandra -How fun about meeting your friends!

Rhonda - Great NSV!!!

Waving Hi to Ann, Paula, Angela and anyone I missed!

I found this on another thread and wanted to share - sounds too cute!

"If you're looking for something cute to watch this afternoon, the Animal Planet has "The Puppy Bowl" from 3 - 6...granted, 3 hours is alot, but you should flip to it sometime this afternoon...I think this is the 3 year for it...and they have the kitten 1/2 time show."

SuperBowl is a big deal here - my DH is from Boston and I lived there with him and our DD who is 6 for the last 7+ years. He is losing his mind It will be just the three for us so I making a bunch of WW snacks Will post some things a little later. Spent some time yesterday scanning recipes here and also some I had saved.

I just wanted to thank you all for the warm welcome - it has really pumped up my enthusiam! (Thanks again Ann and Sandra!)

Have a great day everyone!!!

Last edited by Patty575; 02-03-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Patty575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #98  

MOST people snore at some time or another! Don't worry about it.

Sandra, how was your meeting with your old friend?

Angela, I've read that it is a good idea to take different routes to routine places, if possible. Supposed to keep the brain working!

Coco, where arrrrre you????

I'm off to see former MIL in nursing home for a bit.

No Superbowl here today. Neither of us cares much: the Cowboys lost in playoffs, so why should anyone care

BBL,
Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 02-03-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #99  

I think that my brain is only able to contain a limited number of things, and if I overload it, things start to leak out. Guess I should leave navigation in there, huh?

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #100  

Hey Angela I feel the exact same thing when my brain is overloaded..Ive even told dh ..my brain wont let anything else in it!!!
Vickie I heard about those shootings here but didnt realize its in your area..how scary is that!! As for your treadmill..take it in 10 min intervals..and do it 3 times today. Dosnt have to be all at once remember that..
Welcome Patty...Im a Patti!! haha
Sandra say hi to Kathy for me! I see shes as busy as ususual.
Good luck at your tournament tomorrow Sandra!!
Im not watchign superbowl today.Im watchign a cheers marathon instead..loved cheers!
Had a great weigh in this week..down 5 ..so close to changing to the next chickie here. It will come@
have a great sunday everyone!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #101  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

OHMYGOD vickie - I read about it this morning - and it said Tinly Park, and then it said Lane Bryant - and I thought well I'm pretty sure Vickie is safe and sound at home and was NOT PLANNING to go shopping! Wow - how upsetting that must be!

Rhonda - dh shovelled yesterday like 3-4 times - I had a hair appt and left early - it took me like 3 mins to get out of the driveway - then I got stuck so dh had to do the car 'rocking' thing to get me out - then quite an ordeal getting down the street. The main roads were great and by the time I got back our road was plowed (and yes dh had to get rid of the 'ridge' they left behind).

Today it's kinda mild out and we are expecting warmer temps this week so maybe the 4 FOOT HIGH snowbanks on either side of the driveway might melt? I even got a car wash today - I was sick and tired of my BLACK winter coat getting filthy everytime I rubbed by the car or tried to open the trunk!

Noussa - congrats on the amazing loss - keep up the good work - loved the facts about your 'weekend - I too would have trouble getting used to that!

Welcome Patty (with a y) - please join in - we love having new people on board!

Well got my roots done and hair highlighted yesterday altho my hair would not behave it seems! After the highlights hairdresser - said hair was too 'yellowl - she didn't like it (and if she didn't I wouldn't ) So then I had to sit with this toner on my head for 20 mins - then she rinsed it off and still was not happy! so then something else (color/???) was put on to fix it again - so after 3 hours at the hairdresser I leave with beigey blonde highlights - which I DON'T THINK I LIKE! Yes here I go again. I really prefer more golden highlights? Yesterday I was pretty upset.

Today I looked at it outside (okay while driving) and it does not seem as bad? I guess I shall wait a few days and see how I feel - and yes I will ask everyone at work - i bet they are getting tired of me and my 'highlights issues'

And yes Ann I am truly now hankering for a cruise! Cruise buddy Ray already has plans for his april 1 cruise so I shall have to find another travel buddy. Thinking of asking my good friend Bonnie (ex-work colleague) who I know is interested in cruising but not sure how she would feel about leaving hubby behind - I shall make a suggestion and see how she feels!

And yes the 'boys' (big and little ds) are gearing up to watch the superbowl - i shall try and stay away from the wings and pizza and stick to something healthier. Dh and I went out to movie and dinner last night - to our favorite chinatown place - and it was SO DELICIOUS - maybe cuz neither of us had eaten since the morning (I had eggs/toast at noon before going to hairdresser, then nothing til 7 pm!!!)

Planning to do my WEIGHT TRAINING very soon - still digesting my late lunch - but I know I have to do it or Tuesday will be extremely painful! Wish me luck!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #102  

I was just thinking of you Froufy. I just finished the WATP 3 miles express and my legs were so sore from the leg lifts I had been doing with weights! I used one pound weights on my ankles for the WATP also.

I have the strangest feeling that I have gained weight this week :freak: I have eaten too many non-core things and I don't think the is gonna save me. We'll see.

We're having a great roast beef crock pot style tonight. I have a wonderful neighborhood butcher who has the best meat....yum, yum.

Vickie, we're all listening for news of finding the suspect. I hear that ALL the women in the store were killed. Awful.

Rhonda
Old 02-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #103  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well I just finished my workout too - what a killer - I was fairly okay with the 5 lb leg weights - which means I soon have to increase - and these weights only go up to 5 lbs per leg!!! What really did me in was the bent forward fly w/5 lb hand weights - I was a cussing when that was done! http://www.strongwomen.com/strongbones/sbbff.htm

Dare I go down to the kitchen? I am very hungry and have not had dinner yet - there is healthy LO salmon in the fridge for me - but I know there are wings and pizza down there as well! Also have to make lunches for tomorrow and visit the dryer for a pickup!

Can't wait to see how I feel about my highlights tomorrow - ha ha ha

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #104  
focused and aiming

I don't have a lot of time but I wanted to hop in here to tell ya'll that our visit yesterday was wonderful. My gf and I were just like we'd not been apart at all let alone 45 years.

She took several photos of the place. Here are a few.

One view of the condo. You can see the back of the playhouse in the background.

Last edited by ontarget; 02-03-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #105  
focused and aiming

This is inside the living area of the condo.