Old 01-28-2008, 04:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: Jan. 28- Feb. 3

Good Early Morning everyone! Here's our clean pages for the new week. Write away!!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:17 AM   #2  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning ladies, I wanted to let you know that I haven't been posting because I have been on vacation and struggling with Core so I feel like a fraud. I have decided to try doing Flex again but using Core food. I do enjoy reading all of your posts and it is wonderful how supportive you all are.

Rhonda, thank you for these new pages.

Hello to everyone and have a wonderful day.
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:55 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning, Rhonda! Thanks for the new pages. I was actually going to remember today. I'm up early because I couldn't sleep. I don't expect a good weigh in today. TOM symptoms and I didn't exactly follow program perfectly this week. Oh Well....today starts a new week.

Ann....it's up to you but many of us continue to post when we are struggling. Don't feel like you have to go away. Some people feel Flore (eating Core foods and counting points) is the best program of all. There's room for ALL of us here!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok....I know I'm bloated but this must end. I gained 3 pounds. I am going to go a serious talk with myself, lick my wounds, and prepare to get serious tomorrow which includes exercise.

I'll be back when I am recommitted to the program. I expect that will be tomorrow morning.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #5  

Vickie, my sympathies. I know my mom is also struggling. It seems like no matter what she does, she cannot lose weight - the best she can do is maintain. I really think it has a lot to do with her age/stage in life. It really makes me want to redouble my efforts to be in my best shape when I hit perimenopause!

Officially, I am down 5 pounds from last Monday's weigh in, but I suspect a lot of that was TOM-related. However, I will take what I can get. The number doesn't really matter too much to me - it's just that I managed to make it through a whole week, eating OP (at least MY program) and not having any huge eating mistakes. I know this week is even more important to maintain my new habits, since the novelty is wearing off.

My little one is home sick today, so I am working on menu planning and paperwork stuff for the store. We're planning a VIP party where we will give away our products for free, so we have to get the invitations out etc.

I'm off to get to work!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:55 PM   #6  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

I haven't been married to the program for the past 2 days... I've been sick and today was my birthday, so i am being a big slacker! OK, had my fun... back to the grind! Who's with me?
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #7  

are we invited Angela?? mmm hope so...haha
Vickie dont wait till tomorrow..start today!
I also post on another board and we had started a weekend challenge..well I joined and am happy to say I had a big loss this weekend..unfortunatly its not time to weigh in so I have to keep it off till thursday. I had a number in mind for me to hit by the end of january and I had thought I wasnt going to make it..but now I just may! Ill let youknow on thursday..cuz you will hear a huge yell from me if I do. BUT if I dont...I will get there soon and Im not going to beat myself up about it.
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:59 PM   #8  

Happy birthday Noussa~~(had to use this guy..hes so cute)
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #9  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

Thanks PA! And I can't wait to hear how well you do on Thursday! You making your goal will encourage us all! I find that other people's successes really help me get back in gear. It seems that you've done really well, can you tell me a bit about your goal and how long you've been on this journey?
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #10  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOUSSA - you get to be a slacker today cuz it's your birthday! Hope you feel better soon!

And I loved hearing all about the differences in culture - so very interesting (and I will be having a timmies for you later when I drive my dd to her friend's house!)

Rhonda - yes weights are on the ankles - I bought a set for myself at Walmart - and they are adjustable from 2-5 lbs per leg - separate '1 lb' weights fit into slots and 'attached' with d rings loops (or velcro in class). I use 3 lbs for side lifts and starting to increase to 4 or 5 lbs for the other exercises.

Bad news is I was a slacker this weekend (and it wasn't even my birthday - ha ha ha) - so did not do my weights and feed badly - my eating was also not great but I am trying not to overeat too much as I am hoping to reach my challenge goal (214 by 2/14!)

Also been using the pedometer - on a more 'active' day I seem to be logging about 4500-5000 steps (as on the weekend) - home sick today (headache, neck and shoulder pain) so only got to aroun 1000 steps so far!

Lytricia - congrats to your daughter on her upcoming graduation - what a wonderful milestone - maybe she will end up in Ottawa? (what is she planning to study?)

Sandra - I almost left my pedometer in washroom at movie theatre the other night - i am bound to forget it somewhere - I still need to remember to take it off when I use the washroom - and then again I have heard stories of it falling into the toilet!!!

Ann - please feel free to stay if you like - I am definitely not doing core right now - but feel being here does help me stay motivated and inspired! We all struggle from time to time!

Saw movie Juno sat night - was pretty good - had Indian food beforehand - the restaurant we wanted to go to had a one hour wait so we went to this Indian place near the theatre - pricey and thankfull I was not very hungry - but let's just say both dh and I were up about 4 am passing around the Tums as we both had indigestion and heartburn - so much for indian food! (it did taste yummy at the time!).

Back to work tomorrow I guess - and expecting freezing ice and pellets tomorow for the drive in - and then off to exercise tomorrow night - must remember to pack and bring my gym bag!

later,

frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 01-28-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Happy Birthday Noussa!

Ann, I echo the comments of others. As has been said, many of us do Flore. You're more than welcome to stay; we'd love to have you. I try to stay at 20-22 points.

About pedometers: I've lost at least two! Froufie, that's pretty good walking you're doing. I do really well in the warmer weather, but now I get as close to work by subway as I can!!

I am very tired tonight, having spent most of the day at the computer I should go out to an class but have just decided to do floor exercises while we watch a movie or something. There's another class tomorrow night that is not as good but I'll try to make that one.

Good luck to you Vickie with the recommit. That's a great loss, Angela, and yes, it's much harder to lose later in life. I don't know if I'm the oldest here but I'm 62. I promise you it gets harder, so do it now. It's harder than it was even just a few years ago.

But, never give up living healthier

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:01 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Birthday Noussa Hope you had a nice day! Slacking on your bday is what you should do!

Angela, what kind of store are you opening? I think I missed that along the way.

Ann, I hope you stick around. As others have said, if you stick to core foods and count points, it may be the combination that works. I do believe we all have to customize the plan for what works best for us. I don't think some leaders would agree

Well, I'm excited for my first wi tomorrow. Except TOM is here and I feel bloated. I am hopeful that I can still have a loss. I'm pretty sure I will, just hope it doesn't throw it off too much.

Sitting now having my tea and will have my chocolate cake after dd is in bed. Got to get her up there now. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone
Just a quick check in. To let you know how weigh in went.
I lost 1 1/2 lbs. Wasnt expecting that. Thought I had a gain.
I will catch up with all you ladies tomorrow.
Have to go fix my son his supper. Yep. Coming home late tonight.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #14  

Good evening all! Congratulations Coco, on the loss!

Well, I survived a visit to a local pizza joint. I had a huge salad from their rather limited salad bar, with light dressing, and one tiny slice of what looked to be veggie pizza. I bypassed all the pasta, greasy meat pizzas, cinnamon rolls, brownies, and apple pizza, which is my absolute favorite. So anyway, I did it, but now I'm sitting here at home craving all kinds of food. I will make sure my will prevails however - I will be strong. If I absolutely cannot get through the evening, my plan is to have canned peaches, because I love them, and they are an OK food. Whew, I feel better now that I have a plan.

Paula, we are opening a frozen custard store, of all things! We have a spot near a new huge movie theater. We will also offer Red Hot Chicago Dogs, which are absolutely delicious, although I'm sure, terribly bad for you. Frozen custard itself is also delicious. I like it better than ice cream by far, because it's creamier and smoother. It's actually touted as a "super-premium ice cream." It's called custard because it's made with some egg. Incidentally, frozen custard is a French recipe, and is actually what used to be called French Vanilla here in the States. Anyhoo, we open March 1st, so we have a LOT of work ahead of us, but I'm getting excited.

I think I'm going to pop in a movie and lay down to relax. That way I won't want to get up and get food.

Angela

Last edited by aghiowa; 01-28-2008 at 09:42 PM.
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Ann, ditto for me. I'm floreing, too. And--I am soooooo glad you're back. I missed you.

Happy Birthdeay, Noussa!!! I helped you celebrate the past 3 days. We had a good time eating. Now it's time for healthy choices again. :eat:

Vickie, I'm giving myself a peptalk about recommiting, too. We can do this.

Angela, congratulations. You're doing so well.

Rhonda, thank you for the clean pages.

Coco, way to go, girl!!

Frouf, I don't have a clue where my pedometer is. Oh, well, at least it was free. The sad thing is I lost it after about an hour or so. Again--oh, well....

Paula, I'm glad you're excited about wi. That makes me smile. And it makes me want to do better.

I'm thinking of getting my hair cut short again. Well, it's still short now but it's a lot longer than I had been keeping it. I get it cut Friday so I have a few days to decide. This TX wind is helping me decide on shorter.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote