Old 01-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I think "fake it 'til you make it" gets a lot of people through a lot of tough situations. It's also grounded in good science. If you practice changing your behaviour you actually will change. Also, writing what you eat is good science. Everything changes as a result of being monitored and measured. Everything, even atoms. And that, of course, is why we really know diddly squat!

I better go to work if I'm going to start my day giving lectures!

I don't know what our wind chill is, but I don't think it is as cold and windy as predicted, just from looking outside.

Well, Chickies, everybody have a great OP day. It's worth it.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:51 AM   #32  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well the freezing rain has turned to 'regular' rain - but temps dropping later today to -9 so there is a 'flash freeze' warning in effect - I presume the drive home will be a mess!

Lytricia - we got married at the Chateau Laurier 10 years ago - what a gorgeous hotel - hope u get to visit and tour Ottawa (Winterlude starting next week!)

Noussa - hope you are feeling better now!

Rhonda - great job on the leg lifts! Last night I did increase my weights to 5 lbs for the leg exercises (what a killer!) and arms except for one exercise which I still use 3 lb weights! I could really feel it. We also started doing pelvic tilts and I expect we are working our way up to more ab work?

Speaker last night was my/the dr who started the program here - lots of slides of clogged arteries, fat bellies and adipokines (fat cells) with fat spilling over everywhere, poor insulin uptake - you get the picture - kinda depressing. She talked about insulin resistance (which is what I am currently dealing with) and said you need at least 30 mins a day of exercise to help with that. So ladies as much as you think I"m doing enuf exercise - I"m actually not! And on the days I am not weight training I guess I should be either hopping on the treadmill or putting on a Richard Simmons dvd right?

Definitely working towards my 2/14 goal right now!

We also got copies of our lab results and were given a website where we could plug them in and find out our cardiovascular risk: http://www.myhealthcheckup.com/CVDAs...t/CVDTest.aspx

You will need to know your cholesterol readings (wonder if they work with US numbers?), weight, height, bp, etc!

Also handed out info on people who have sucessfully lost at least 60 lbs and kept it off for a year - the depressin news is most women must eat around 1200 calories (men around 1400) and they upped their exercise to approx 28 miles per week (exercising every day) to maintain their loss. I am hoping this will be FUN and not as bad as it sounds?

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 01-30-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #33  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone,

Rhonda, good job keeping up with those young ones. I remember when I was learning to run, I thought I would pass out but there was no way I was going to stop like some of the younger ones. That is where I realized it is all mind over matter.

Sandra, when are you getting your hair cut? Good luck with your tournament.
It must be so nice seeing friends from the past.

Vickie, I hope your tests come back good. I will keep you in my prayers. It is so cold here also. I too like that cliche, fake it until you make it. It got me through learning to run, and now I enjoy running.

Noussa, that was naughty of Sandra making you eat all that cake. You have to watch out for those wise experienced ladies like Sandra.

Paula, congrats on the loss, my leader calls our weigh in day, treat night and she feels it is best if we make that our night to have a treat such as wine, chocolate or something that we want. I only found this out last week so I have been missing out on this.

Coco, congratulations on your loss, please join me on the flore plan, it was suggested here on this board and I am so thankful it was suggested as it works much better with my lifestyle.

Frouf, you are so dedicated with all your exercise, way to go.

Angela, remember to take care of you. You must be so busy with all the stuff you have to do to open. I think I would have a hard time working around hotdogs and frozen treats.

Lytricia, I am sorry to hear you didn't get a good haircut, isn't it funny how it depends on the hairdresser's mood.
I too find I love bread too. Have fun in Ottawa.

Donna, how are you doing? Where are you?

Hello to everyone else and I hope you have a wonderful day. Tonight is weigh in for me. I have done well all week, but am still nervous about weigh in. I know it works but I still worry.

Take care
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 01-30-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

:cake: Noussa, I apologize for making you sick. But if you had to get sick, wasn't that a good way to do it?

Frouf, sounds like you are getting a lot of good information. Good success to you, Froufie girl.

Ann, I get my haircut tomorrow morning. I am ready!! I look like a scarecrow today. It's time to snip it and nip it in the bud.

Rhonda, thanks for sharing the information. I don't know what our wind chill is either, but it's cooler than I want.

Vickie, how's your day? Are you snuggled up warm and comfy?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #35  

Hi
Just thought I would check in.
Glad the wind is over. Was pretty nasty. At least we didnt lose power.
NEWLIFESTYLE hope weigh was a good one. Will be thinking of you.
FROUFY Sounds like your speaker would have been interesting to hear.
TEJAS Hope you had a great day.
ONTARGET Hows the weather there. Hope you had a great op day.
NOUSSE Hope you are feeling better. There is alot of sickness going on around here. So far so good with my family. We havent had any of it.
BLESSEDWITHSARAH YOU GO GIRL. That is a great weight loss. Sounds like you are really staying op.
AGHIOWA Hope you are doing ok.
To everyone else I am thinking of you.
Made a big pot of veggie soup today. But will probably have to count a point for each serving. I went and added some carrots. I didnt add very many. It just needed some color. I am going to do the flore plan. I need that right now.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone is doing ok. Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #36  

Wow, has no one posted today? I was busy working on our menu today, and shopping around for supplies.

I am starting to feel slimmer, I think.

I am making light scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner tonight - should be yummy.

Later,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #37  

ONTARGET Did you decide on what hair style you are going with. Or just wait until you get to the beauty shop tomorrow. Didnt know if you decided on the spikey hair. I need to make a hair appt for hubby and me. Just havent done it. Just need my bangs trimmed. I just pull my hair back in a pony tail.
Have a wonderful evening.
Let us know about your hair.
coco

Last edited by coco99; 01-30-2008 at 06:42 PM.
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:59 PM   #38  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm here....we're FREEZING! Darned wind. The temperature is going up tomorrow and is bringing in a new snow storm. We are supposed to get 6-9 inches of snow on the south side. Harumpf. Well...off to tend my Cola Chicken and oven fries.

Be good.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #39  

Height: 5' 10"

Good evening everyone. I had an offsite meeting today, missed checking in all day. I did enjoy my wine and I'm back to things today. I'm still going to try to use very few WPAs this week, hopefully I'll have a pound or two loss next week.

DH had a Drs appt today - his blood pressure was a bit high and the Dr wants him to lose 10-15 pds. Says that should correct his bp. He goes back in 4 weeks. Sadly for me, good for him, he'll only need to stop his night time snacking and he'll probably drop it quickly. He does need to eat breakfast regularly (he might have a banana and then stop for a Dunkin's muffin). The Dr did say that those are the worse thing to eat. So, I'll get him some frozen waffles and oatmeal. I need to make sure there are core meals for lo for his lunches, dinners are core already. Now, if I could just get him to eat more veggies..... baby steps!

Coco and Ann, good luck with the flore plan. We all need to do what works.
Noussa, hope your feeling better soon.
Frouf, keep up the great work. The speaker does sound interesting and you sound motivated!

Ann, hope wi was a good one...
Hope all is well with everyone
Well, off to check emails.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:19 PM   #40  

Hi All:

I was soooo good until I had to go to a reception tonight. I avoided the carbs though, so that's the good part.

I had a very long day, too tired to write. We got the wind and the cold. Miserable, but I've seen worse. At least there were no tree limbs down in the neighborhood. I guess they've been blown down by earlier storms!!

I hope you're all having a good night. Tomorrow....

Rhonda
Old 01-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #41  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow Chicks! Now they are saying 4-11 inches for us starting tomorrow evening. Yikes. I need to figure out what food I need for Friday since I think we'll be snowbound.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:03 AM   #42  
focused and aiming

Coco, I'm floreing, too. I wish you success. I have decided on a hairstyle. I saw a photo today of just what I want. I'll be "spikey" again.

Vickie, I have my crockpot going now with some chicken breasts and Italian stuff. We'll have it tomorrow with some ww pasta.

Paula, I wish dh the best of success getting his bp down. I'm using about all my WPA's this week. I divided them out evenly over each day. We'll see how it goes.

Rhonda, we have been having high winds, too, but our temps aren't too low. congratulations on doing well with the carbs at the reception.

Vickie, I'm missing snow. Being snowbound sounds kewl to me right now. Have fun snuggling.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:06 AM   #43  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning,
I do hope everyone has a great day.
Flore is working for me. I lost 3 1/2 pounds. Hopefully I can keep going with this. It did seem much better for me so thank you for suggesting it.
I am off to make a coffee, just wanted to say good morning to everyone.

Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:19 AM   #44  

Wow, Ann, that's great news. Congratulations on the loss.

Vickie, the snow is forecast for Toronto also for the weekend. I guess I'll make some soups and stews. I'm wondering if our cabinet maker/plumber/jack of all trades will get here this weekend. He lives north of Toronto and I hope he doesn't brave a snow storm to come in.

I'm taking the morning to work from home and go to a morning class at my local gym. I can't go to tonight because we've arranged a dinner out with friends who are very difficult to arrange things with. I'll miss being at that class: it's so much fun.

I've got a big meeting with some government folks about access and equity in post-secondary education this afternoon. I hope it goes well. It's much better for Black and Aboriginal young people to get education now, but there are still so many hurdles, many of them related to limited funding for post-secondary education here in Ontario. This is a stingy province in terms of its support for higher education. VERY stingy...at the bottom in Canada actually. Oops, I'm about to give another lecture, verging on rant!

Off to make breakfast. I hope you all have a great OP day. Move it, move it, move it.....

Rhonda
Old 01-31-2008, 08:44 AM   #45  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! The snow is still expected 6-10 inches. It's moving up from the South so it will be wetter than normal. i'll be watching Jim like a hawk since it's snow that's hard on the heart.

We've decided on Core Chicken Fried Rice for dinner either tonight or tomorrow. If the snow comes too soon we'll have it tonight. If it holds out we'll go out for our usual Thursday dinner out and have it tomorrow. We've got stuff for the snowblower so we are all set.

Back to work on my revamping of my filing system! Well....breakfast first.

Rhonda, Frouf, and Sandra, you are all doing so well on your exercise. You're inspiring.

Ann, HUGE Congratulations on your loss! I'm SO glad that Core with some modification is working for you.

Angela, I bet you ARE slimmer! But, I believe it all starts in the mind.

Paula, good luck to you and DH. It will be MUCH easier for you if he's watching what he is doing too.

Later Chicks!