Old 02-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #76  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Chicks - Well all this talk of snowy bad weather...the groundhog says it will be an early spring! (I heard the news reports and the two official ground hogs in Ontario claimed we would have an early spring but unfortunately the official one in the States said 6 more weeks of winter )

Either prediction sounds great at this point and promises the (sun) light at the end of the tunnel!

Have a great day! Stay core.
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #77  
focused and aiming

I am food driven, too. Sometimes that bothers me--others not. Today's a "not."

Noussa, I miss snow, too. I'm in north central Texas but have spent a few years in Montana. The funny thing is I hardly ever saw a snowman in MT, but you get an inch of snow down here and they're everywhere. Enjoy your weightloss. You earned it whether it be water or what. I revel in any weightloss.

Vickie, enjoy your day out. I know you've had cabin fever.

Angela, our WW leader told us to weigh every day if we want to maintain. I guess there's something psychological there somewhere. Don't know. We don't have a scales right now. That's all that's keeping me from daily weighing.

We're meeting friends in a few minutes. I haven't seen them in over 45 years. Now is this going to be a hoot or what? I am sooooooo excited.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:58 AM   #78  
focused and aiming

Lytricia, we must have cross-posted. The old ground hog would definitely see his shadow here today.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

We have at least 6 inches of snow, regardless of what any official report says. It's beautiful if you can stay indoors.

I'm taking the doggie out for a romp soon and then running some errands. The streets are mostly cleared (I hope.)

I'm with the others, Noussa, enjoy any loss!

BBL,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #80  

Hi everyone -

Would love to join your group I have had a nice invite from Ann and Sandra and really enjoy reading your posts. Just would love a positive, upbeat atmosphere. I have done this "up and down thing" a few times and for me at least, "tomorrow is another the day" doesn't work anymore I have wasted a few too many years and have decide this will be it for me. I can't enable myself anymore because I am full of TOO many excuses

Noussa - Congrats on your loss. Believe it or not, there are many people who keep up a good steady loss over time - 2-3 lbs a week even! It just depends on so many things but mainly what you are willing to do as far as eating well and getting exercise, planning ahead etc. I have known many people who just do it and get it done - so it is possible It can be such a mind game at times and some days you just have to fight!

Waving Hi to everyone and looking forward to chatting with you all!

Last edited by Patty575; 02-02-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Patty575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #81  

Welcome Patty! This is a great place to be if you want enouragement and advice. These ladies are awesome!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #82  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yay Patty and WELCOME! We LOVE having new people around. I'm trying to get 120 more pounds off. I'm stalled at the moment, but very determined.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #83  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good thing I didn't go to my Lane Bryant this morning. There was a shooting at the store and they think 4 or five people are dead! We NEVER have shootings here. This is a brand new shopping mall where I go ALL the time for Super Target, Best Buy, Lane Bryant, Ulta, etc...... I am so upset.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327908,00.html
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #84  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello ladies,

Oh my gosh Vickie, I heard about that, I am so glad you didn't go there this morning.

Lytricia, I am so happy the groundhog did not see his shadow here, I am done with winter, I am ready for spring.

Rhonda, even though I am ready for spring, I have to agree all this snow is so pretty. I took my DS out on his toboggan this morning and we had to walk on the road, as the sidewalks had way too much snow on them.

Frouf, with this weather a cruise would be wonderful.

Sandra, enjoy your visit with your friends.

Patty, welcome it is so nice to see you here. These ladies are so supportive. I know you have so much to offer too. I think it is wonderful you posted.

Angela, good morning, how is your day.

Paula, did you get any snow? If your daughter is anything like my son she would love the snow.

Hello to everyone, sorry if I missed anyone.
Have a wonderful day.
Take Care
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 02-03-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #85  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Saturday everyone. Patty - Welcome to the group. Its a wonderful supportive group and the more the better!

Ann, we only got rain and there is just about no snow on the ground now. It was actually close to 48 today and sunny this afternoon. We definatly lucked out by having the storm go north far west of here. We have had too may Nor'easters so far this winter. At one point we had about 2 feet of snow on the ground. Its nice to see grass.

Vickie - its scary what can happen anywhere these days. I was just at the mall (not the best area to go into) with Sarah -- needed to go to Sears and Best Buy and its the closest with both. Makes me leary to go certain places. But its not just me I have to worry about.

Well, making buffalo chicken salad for tomorrow. Heading to MILs for the day and I want to make sure there is something I can eat. I also made a batch of easy toffee bars (not core at all) that I'm leaving down there. The guys can eat them all.

Have a good night.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Patty. This is a great place to be.

Vickie, I'm so glad you didn't go. Those poor, poor people. Canada is much less violent of course, but there have been a few innocent bystanders killed in Toronto recently. Very sad.

Hope everyone is having a good OP day.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 02-02-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #87  

Wow Vickie...I bet it's really hard seeing something like that happen so close to home.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
Good thing I didn't go to my Lane Bryant this morning. There was a shooting at the store and they think 4 or five people are dead! We NEVER have shootings here. This is a brand new shopping mall where I go ALL the time for Super Target, Best Buy, Lane Bryant, Ulta, etc...... I am so upset.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327908,00.html
OMG Vickie - I was going to write osmething before because I saw you were in the Chicago area. I was born and raised there as well and lived there for my first 39 yrs. I too know where that store and mall is! How awful - I grew up in the near west surburbs (near Oak Brook?) but still know all the areas...thank goodness you weren't there...

Paula- Where are you in MA? We just left there - my DH is from there and though I am from Chicago (see above I lived in MA for the last 7 yrs. Even though we are currently in the sunny southwest for the last few months, we are looking to going back to MA

Waving Hi to Angela, Ann and Rhonda - thank you all so much for the kind welcome..you are all great

Last edited by Patty575; 02-03-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Patty575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #89  
focused and aiming

Patty, it is sooooo good to see you here. I am so glad you are joining us. We can get these pounds off. And we'll have fun doing it.

Vickie, I just got an e from Kathy. She is very worried about you. She'd seen the shooting on the news. I'm going to e her now and tell her you're all right. I am so relieved that you didn't go there today.

Rhonda, it was 70ish here today. Thank goodness it wasn't windy. We've had some gale like winds lately.

Ann, today was awesome. We all seemed to pick up right where we left off over 45 years ago. We're planning to get together again soon--maybe later this week. My gf has another bro that we're going to surprise. Life is good.

Paula, is the buffalo chicken salad posted here? It sounds good.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #90  
focused and aiming

Just got this message from Kathy:

"I'm not sure if this is known on the board, but I'm in culinary school now. It's the Culinary School of Fort Worth and I'm having a great time. It's a 15-month program and after that, I'll have a culinary arts diploma and will start looking for a job in a restaurant. I'll be doing internships the last few months of school so that should help me figure out what type of kitchen job I'd like the best.

Keep in touch and tell everybody I said hello and that I miss them."