Old 01-29-2008, 02:47 AM   #16  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello ladies,
Thank you all. I think for me Flore will be the best choice also, at least right now.

Noussa, I do hope your birthday was wonderful.

Vickie, good luck with recommitting to the program. I know you can do this. Last Wed I got motivated as our leader spoke about a great tool from WW and that is the week 3 book. It is funny because I am now motivated. I do hope I have a good weigh in on Wed.

Paula, good luck with your weigh in. Thanks for helping to keep me excited about ww.

Frouf, I wear out my pedometers....I broke one clip and the other one got all fogged over. I really enjoy watching how many steps I can get in. I walked in all weather. People often make fun of me when I walk in the winter. I just don't like to give myself an excuse not to walk. I dress warm. You do so much exercise, yeah you.

Coco, congrats on your loss, that is awesome.

Angela, you are doing great. I can only imagine how busy you are starting you new business. Remember to take care of yourself.

Rhonda, way to go doing floor exercises at home, I think for me I would have good intentions but you know how the saying goes....
How is your belly dancing going? I think I am going to look for a class in our area, it sounds like it would be so much fun. I have no rhythm.

Sandra, I missed you. I had longer hair but got it cut because I always kept it in a pony tail. I have such fine hair. Do you have a tournament this weeked?

Hello to anyone I missed.

Take Care Everyone and thank you again.
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All:

Congrats to Coco for losing and Angela for avoiding those temptations, and to all others who have some victories! I'm exercising restraint by not eating the lemon meringue pie I made. I have had only two small pieces and seem to be able to ignore the rest. I'll instruct DH to eat all the rest of it today. It tastes like Spring to me, and I need Spring!!

In sympathy with Froufy, I used 2 pound ankle weights while doing leg lifts last night. I could feel the burn!

I'm glad you've decided to stay around Ann. This is a good spot in the virtual world.

Sandra, go short!

I've got a very busy and long day, meeting some deadlines at work. I'll survive probably.

Have a great day everyone.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I didn't mean I was going to be bad last night. Just grumpy. I'm still grumpy but I'm on program.

I have to go for a kidney ultrasound today at 3:30. I'll check in later. Have a great day.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #19  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Feel the burn Rhonda - did you do the lifts standing or lying down? I think lying down is harder? I do about 3 lbs on the side lifts and 5 lbs for the curls and extensions! And tonight I too shall be feeling the burn!

Coco - congrats on your loss - way to go!!!

Vickie - good luck with the ultrasound!

So Noussa - do they do birthday cakes in Saudi Arabia? - with candles? Any good presents?

Angela - hope you can send pics of the store once it's ready to go - I am actually getting excited for you - and I can't even imagine avoiding the custard and hot dogs! Kudos to you for braving the pizza place as well.

Well this morning we had snow and ice pellets and rain then ice pellets again - quite an exciting drive to work! Supposed to be snowing again tonight - then rain turning to freezing rain and snow tomorrow evening - what fun!

Going to eat dinner at work or at mall on way to exercise class as we have an speaker tonight starting at 6 pm so again no point in going home! Hope the roads are not too bad tonight!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I am doing great making healthy choices today. Life is good.

Ann, I am so happy for you. You sound like you're back on track and very very motivated. I am happy for you. We do have a tournament this weekend. In fact, we have a couple. Saturday we're to shoot an indoor tournament and Sunday an outdoor 3D. Both are in the Ft. Worth area so we won't be traveling. A gf from my past has invited us over sometime Saturday for a get together. We have a full weekend planned for sure.

Rhonda, I am leaning toward short. I'm just trying to decide "how short." I may go spikey again. I feel spunky when I'm spikey.

Vickie, I was grumpy last night, too. We should have been together. I think we're both dusted now, don't you?

Frouf, I am extremely impressed with all your exercise--and your schedule! You're a busy froufie.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #21  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Hey All - I'm having a great day. Good to see all of you here.

My kids are finished up exams and have the rest of the week free so maybe I can convince them to cook some of the yummy core recipes for dinner for us so that I don't have to do it when I get home from work. I am definitely going to get them to do the corn bread and seriously check out the chocolate cake!

That's the one thing that will always get me off track is my craving for breads and carb like staples. It's not so much the actual bread...it's the pound of butter that I have put on it! I always said that God only created bread so that we could get the butter to our mouths without having to actually scoop it from the dish with our fingers! So much more mannerly!

Frouf - I am hoping my dd does get into Carleton. There is an open house there on the 13th and we may head that way to attend it. It will make a nice road trip for the two of us and we LOVE staying at the Chateau. One of my nephews did his Masters degree at Carleton and he still lives in Ottawa so I'm sure he would love to show us around there.

Sandra - I went today and got my hair cut, but the hairdresser was in a melancholy mood and only cut about a half an inch off and didn't even touch my bangs or anything! I was going to complain but she was so miserable that I didn't want to give her another crack at it! I'll go again in a couple of weeks.

Noussa - It's great to ride the birthday wave for a while but better to get back on track as soon as you can. Every birthday that goes by for me I always think...I want to be half the woman I am by this time next year! Hopefully by my birthday this year (June) I will have taken off the last 32 pounds I need to go.

Vickie - Good luck with the kidney ultrasound. I pray that it's nothing seriuos.

Coco - Congrats on the loss! keep up the great work.

To all the rest of you chickies, enjoy the rest of your evening girls. Stay Core.
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #22  

Hi:

Frouf, I did the leg lifts lying down. Three sets of 10 for each leg.

I'm off to class tonight. It's not my favorite class but at least I'll move.

I met all my deadlines today at work and feel very tired. Toronto's weather forecast isn't helping either: high winds and plummeting temperatures (along with Frouf). I just might stay home tomorrow morning.

Sandra, I love my hair when I make it spikey in the summer time. Feels good, looks "cool" and is cool. Go for it. It will grow back if you don't like it.

Good luck to your DD, Lytricia.

Vickie, I too hope this kidney thing doesn't mean bad things for you!

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 01-29-2008, 07:03 PM   #23  

Hi Eveyone
Thanks for the congrats for the loss. I am still surprised I had a loss. But am happy with it. Now to stay op this week.
VICKIE Hope the ultrasound went ok. You are in my prayers.
ONTARGET Guess short hair will be easier to take care of. We have a lady friend and she keeps it real short. And spikes it.
TEJAS Glad you got all your deadlines met. That is great. Guess we are suppose to be getting some high winds early morning. Said should start after midnight. And said we may have a chance of a thunderstorm. And may have some ice. We have had rain all day. So everything is really wet. And said the roads may get icy quick. Hope not. Hope you have a great exercise class.
FROUFY How are you doing. sounds like you are really getting alot of exercise. That is great.
LYTRICIA glad the kids are done with exams. That is a stressful time for the whole family. And I know what you mean about bread and carbs. I have trouble with them also.
NEWLIFESTYLE I am thinking of joining you with the flore plan. I just dont know when to stop eating. And counting will help me keep track better. At least until I can get a better control on my eating.
AGHIOWA Congrats on the making good choices at the resturant. That is awesome. What movie did you watch. I want to get The Game Plan. It looks like it might be good.
NOUSSE HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. Hope you had a good one.
To everyone else I am thinking of you.
Hope everyone has had a great day.
Going to get off here for now.
Oh does anyone know how to spell the name of the founder of WW. I know her first name is Jean. But not sure how to spell the last night.
Thanks
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #24  
Southside White Sox Fan

We are under a winter storm warning until noon tomorrow with snow, freezing rain, wind and blizzard conditions. My test is over, we've eaten and are home for the duration.

Thanks for all the prayers for my test. I'll have the results in a couple of days. I also have to go for a urinalysis and culture but that can't happen until TOM is gone. Sheesh. It's always something isn't it?

I hope you are all safe and sound and enjoying your great Core food.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #25  

Hi
I found the WW founders name.
Jean Nidetch.
Someone said she wrote a book. About her starting WW. Thought I would like to try and find it. Thought it might be interesting.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #26  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone!! Well, WI was GREAT --- I'm down 4.2! I'm thrilled. I know this is not the thing to do, but I'm "celebrating" with a glass of wine as we speak. I used 7 wpas all week, earned 8 activity points per the on line tools. So, to quote Sandra, Life is Good!

DD had a play date today, the two girls really played well, I think she may spend some time at her house next Tuesday. Hmm, free time, pedicure!!!

Angela, good luck with the store. I've never had frozen custard, I don't think I've ever seen it in the northeast. Sounds yummy and tempting! Good luck. When do you plan on opening?

Frouf, congrats on the workouts. Keep this up and you will make your 2/14 goal.

Vickie, I hope you are feeling better. Does the Dr suspect something specific?

Coco, congrats on your loss!

Well, I'm off to surf and watch tv. Have a good night.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #27  

Congrats, Paula, enjoy that wine!

I went to like a good chickie. 45 minutes of high intensity moving around...the one thing I do enjoy about the class, as I have said before, is being the oldest one and boogeying as fast as those young ones. I want to quit about every 5 minutes, but I "keep on trucking."

Now for the shower and a little TV if I can find something worth my time.

Rhonda
Old 01-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

Lytricia, I am sorry you didn't get a good cut. I'd go back in a couple of days if I were you.

Rhonda, I like mine spikey, too. I had recently seen a new style that I wanted to try. I don't think I can stand it growing any more. I am definitely leaning toward spikey again. I'm glad you met your deadlines today. Maybe the rest of the week will be easier for you. Congratulations on exercising.

Coco, sometimes a surprise loss is the best kind of kickstart. I am very happy for you. You sound very focused.

Vickie, I hope your tests come back good. Please keep us posted.

Paula! That's an awesome loss. No wonder you're celebrating. Enjoy that wine.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:08 AM   #29  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

I just have to say that this is a fabulous group! You guys offer so much support and are really making the weightloss challenge a lot easier. I wish I knew about this site the first time...err... two times! I did WW.
Anyways, sorry I didn't respond earlier to all your bday wishes, we've all been supersick... must have been all that cake that ontarget made me eat! Feeling better and will post again... just wanted to thank all of you for making me feel so welcome.
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:06 AM   #30  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! The windchill is about 25 below here this morning. I don't care about my program today but I'm going to follow it anyway. What's the cliche? Fake it until you make it?

Have a great day.