Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #346  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Hey all!

Happy FRIDAY!

Really enjoyed my dinner last night...I could those beef tips 3 times a week....no problem! YUM!

Today, I'm in the mood to cook some pies (sweet potato). I'm going to make 4 pies (3 for friends and 1 for my daughter). I may endulge in ONE slice, if that. I know this sounds crazy, but I LOVE making pastries. I also LOVE eating them. Since I can't eat them, I still get much pleasure out of making them and watching others enjoy them....kinda like a self-imposed therapy!

Also, been keeping up with my "non-impact" exercise all week and my left knee is feeling GREAT! But still not going to run until Monday...today will do 30 minutes elipticle and 30 min weights (lower body).

Anyhoot...hope you all enjoy your day!!! Welcome Back Jen...glad to hear you enjoyed yourself in RENO!!!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 11-26-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #347  

Got back to the diet today after taking yesterday off...I actually had a bad lunch today (ham and turkey in carnberry sauce) especially after eating homemade food and turkey yesterday...Dinner and breakfast was good.

Jen its ok to get off course sometimes just gotta get back on! I took the day off yesterday too.

Joyfull its great that you ate Bistro instead of eating Turkey or anything else on Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #348  
I'm a SWIMMER!

WOW...made my pies!!! They LOOK incredible...and judging by the tasting I had to do...they came out OUTRAGEOUS!!! I decided NOT to have a slice though...they were tooo good to have just one slice and I thought, "having one slice of this delicious pie would be like having one potato chip...it just CAN'T be done!"

Also, decided NOT to workout yesterday, nor did I go BLACK FRIDAY shopping...I realized that I HATE CROWDS (must have something to do with me getting old..haha!)

I'm actually glad I took the day off yesterday as I actually am enthused about working out today. I'm gonna try running on my treadmill (yeah...I know I said Monday, but heck...I just can't wait anymore..lol!)

Got my new shipment yesterday (Bistro MD)....Love the feeling inside whilest I open my new package...get all tingly and excited...

Anyhoot, I'm EXTREMELY pleased with this week's menu...it is ALL of my favorites includes my BEEF TIPS..yeahhhh! They've also included some NEW breakfasts. Just tried the cinnamon roll....I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Had it with a cup of hazelnut coffee and I forgot I was on a diet...this is really too good to be true!

GK, it's really not willpower with me...it's just that I am always VERY AWARE of the amount of MONEY I'm spending on this DIET and that alone won't allow me to CHEAT...cuz then I feel like I'm cheating myself. I can deviate from my program when I graduate to "calorie counting" and cooking on my own. This way I'm not spending $800/month to eat and then CHEATING...lol! So...I'm a woman on a mission right now and NOTHING (I mean nothing), will stand in my way of achieving my goals.

Last edited by joyfulloser; 11-27-2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #349  
I'm a SWIMMER!

K...just finished my run and WOW...what a difference a few days make! Finally...NO PAIN!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I warmed up with a 5 minute walk though (@ 3mph) then ran for 3.1 miles (5K) @ 4-4.3mph! Actually...I still had more in me when I stopped, but didn't want to overdo it. I stretched for 15 minutes afterward and absolutely no knee pain for the first time in WEEKS!!! AND...now I'm enjoying a delishous BEAN burrito! I feel great...

Hope you all have a GREAT weekend!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 11-27-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:47 AM   #350  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Went out last night to a friend's "dinner social". Made sure I ate before I left (beef tips and mushrooms..yum!) My friend was serving all types of goodies (which included my sweet potato pies I brought over). I had a small cup of coffee and lots of fun association.

This morning...I'm up 1 lb!!! Ok..it is only day 2 of my TOM, but still...I'm ticked OFF!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:32 AM   #351  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Still feeling like CRUD over yesterday's weigh in (up 1 lb???) Through this ENTIRE journey I've not gained weight (even during TOM), so I donno what's going on...

Didnt' work out yesterday, cramps, busy, etc.

Today will run on treadmill..that always makes me feel better

***I really should stop using these threads as my blog and start one..lol!***
Old 11-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Yay on the pies coming out so great Joyful! Sorry about the gain, but remember that it's just a pound and that the whole process is so unpredictable... who knows what might be causing the little gain! I'm sure it'll come off again next week. Just keep doing what you've been doing because it's been working great -- you're almost halfway to your goal!

Totally off track after being out of town last week and Thanksgiving food... Back on yesterday and feeling a little better. Ran/walked again last night - 1.5 miles in 25 minutes. Realllly didn't want to do it, but I did. At least I got warm doing it! It's been so cold here - at least, cold for Calif. I'm normally unaffected, but I've been freezing this week...
Old 11-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #353  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Thanks Jen...glad to hear your back on track too

Yes, I DO love running. Ran 3.1 miles today after a .2 mile warm-up walk. Did something a little different today. I ran 2 minutes at 4.5mph and then 2 minutes at 4.0 mph and kept alternating. I guess this is called intervals? Anyway... I LOVED IT and it seemed to make my running stronger. It also made the time pass a whole lot quicker (that's about 55 minutes of straight running for me). I still had at least another 1/2 mile in me when I finished. My next run on Thurs I will go for 3 1/2 miles!!! Woot!

I absolutely LOVE the feeling I get after about the 2nd mile. It's like I'm on some real kind of HIGH...it's AMAZING!!! Glad I did it...wish I could do it everyday...but don't wan't to risk my knee going bad again and having to take off nearly a week. I don't enjoy using my machines nearly as much.

I know I've been on track with my workouts and eating...actually had a piece of sweet potato pie yesterday (a small one...but GOOOOD!). Glad I wasn't so disappointed about my weight loss that I just ate the entire pie (that HAS happened in the past..haha!). I am happy about the CONTROL I seem to be getting over my food. That's an accomplishment in its own right. That let's me know that not only will I reach my goal...but this time...I'll stay there!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 11-30-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #354  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Had french toast this morning...is the bread is starting to taste STALE or is it me???!!!?

35 minutes on the recumbent bike LEVEL 10 YeAaHHHHHHH!!! 35 minutes lower body lifting...HeAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVYYY!

Happy to report...all my BACK FAT is completely GONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I couldn't believe it. My waist line fat is melting off right before my eyes...can't believe the scale is not showing it? Grrrrhhhh!!! But we'll see next monday...hopefully I'll have a whooosh!

I'm also starting to thinkg that since I've been lifting regularly, perhaps my muscles and retaining "glycogen" which would account for the 1 lb gain? any thoughts?
Old 12-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #355  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Good Day All!

Just finished my lunch (curried chix and cous cous...yum)! Expecting my new meals for next week (feels good to finally be cought up and not have 3 weeks of meals stuffed in my freezers!)

Reached a great milestone today....I ran 3 1/2 miles straight and walked .2 miles (pre-workout warmup) for a total of 3.7 miles...talk about sweating your butt off...whew! It felt really good. I've also got my time up to 4.5 mph. I've been doing intervals between 4.3 mph and 4.5 mph...so far...so good!

Tonight it's Wii JUST DANCE 2...woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pumped...how boutchu? lol!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 12-02-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #356  

Congrats Joyful! That's a 5K!!! I wouldn't worry so much about the scale if you're body is still changing... You've been working out so much that I'm sure you're gaining muscle!

I'm having a pretty good week. Eating well and not feeling hungry. Should be down a couple of pounds on Saturday. Feels good to be back on track. It took a ridiculously long time to lose the last 10 pounds, but I recognize that's it's a process and those weeks will still be valuable if I learn something from them.

Had the bagel with ham and egg this morn and I'm eating Chicken marsala right now. I LOVE the mushroom risotto. I could eat platefuls! I had the Beef tips with mushrooms last night - really liked the spaghetti squash!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #357  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Hi Jen!!!

Yeah...trying not to focus too much on scale (it's getting obsessive & mental..haha!)

Tried on some old clothes today. The bad news: My size 8 abercrombe & fiche jeans are laughable...they get up to my hips and take a screeching halt! The good news: My size 11 stretch army pants fit pretty good and my size 13 non-stretch Aeropostale (sp?) jeans fit! I actually took pics and they look...well..uhhh...not that bad!

The one thing that I noticed is that I'm getting this stereotypical RUNNER's BUTT! It's HUGE!!! Can't say I like that...as it was already big to begin with. Butt (no pun), at least it's much firmer now...no jiggle...yeahhhhh!!! A little bit of muffin top on the non-stretch size 13's but nothing too bad.

I think I'm just going to continue with Bistro for another couple of weeks and then...that's it. I feel I'm totally ready to go on my own. Actually...I KNOW I can do it. Kinda missing cooking...and with what I've learned from eating Bistro meals...I'll be fine. I'll miss the convenience, for sure, so while I'm getting adjusted, I'll keep some Kashi/lean cuisine/whatever in the freezer for emergencies!

Hope you all have a great day...time for gym!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #358  

Hey Joyful!! Dontcha love when you can shop for clothes in your own closet?! And I'd rather have a big butt than a flat butt - songs are sung about curves like that!! I hope your departure from Bistro won't mean a departure from the thread!

Down two more pounds this week (which was really more like 3 since my weight went up the day after my last weighin!). Feeling pretty good and able to make the mental connection that seeing the pounds drop is better than eating food. That doesn't mean I don't eat or enjoy the food I do eat, but I don't even want extra servings now. I was easily able to leave food on the plate at brunch this morning and walk away... Plus, I felt full from what I ate and recognized it! And I didn't even think about food again for 5-6 hours, when I started feeling some hunger. Even though it took me 7 weeks to lose the most recent 10 pounds, I don't feel defeated. I'm still totally optimistic and realize it's just part of the process. I haven't been this weight in around 6 years. I'm pushing to get to 230 by the new year -- it'd be nice to start 2011 at my all-time lowest post-college weight!!

Last edited by Jen516; 12-04-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #359  

Just had the Chicken Stuffed with Broccoli and Cheddar as a late lunch, early dinner. While it didn't look that appetizing, I thought it tasted great! I even liked the squash puree and the barley pilaf... Very satisfying -- should take me right through my evening meeting and I'll be ready for a very light late snack... I guess that's how I make brunch work for me!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #360  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Jennnn!!! No WAY are you getting rid of me that easy! LOL!!!

I'm soooooooooo proud of everything you just said!!!! Your attitude is one of a WINNER! I know you'll make your goal...just keep that attitude and your sure to get there I couldn't agree with you more.

BTW, I've finally got up enough nerve to post a "before" and a few afters in my size 13 jeans..lol I really didn't take many pics when I was at my highest (209), so this before pic is a "rare" find!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3594749

I just ordered a pressure cooker and cookbook...so I'm kinda excited to be going on my own. I still have another 2 weeks of shipments to come and then that's it...but I'll still be here
Closed Thread