Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #286  
klc

The survey came in an email. There were alot of things I hadn't tried yet. But I am really glad that they're asking for feedback.

Well, the absolute best thing I've had so far was the chicken and mushroom crepe. I know everyone has different tastes, but for me, that thing was divine! I had the dragon chicken for lunch, and that ran a close second. I'm almost afraid to eat dinner, and ruin a perfect day.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #287  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Oh btw Jen CONGRATS on meeting yet another milestone (15% is not too shabby)!!!

I get the surveys by email as well. Strange you don't get them cuz you've been on the program longer than we all have...

KLC - Glad to hear the dragonfly stuff is good...that's on my menu for tomorrow...woo hoo!

Jen - I also really liked the stuffed chix w/wild rice, etc. and I like the Meterranian chicken....but my all time favorite is still the Beef tips in gravy...YUM..YUMINY..YUM!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 11-09-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Joyful! I'm pretty happy about it And this week has been pretty easy so far (knock on wood!) About to eat dinner and I've only had 850cal so far today and I wasn't hungry at all! Yesterday was the same... makes me wonder if my body is retaliating for the last couple of weeks! "Look, we don't NEED that much food, stop eating so much!!!" I've been really trying to analyze my hunger level and how full I feel. I've noticed that I finally am at a point where I don't like to feel full! It's crazy!

Hope you all have a GREAT Wednesday! BTW, could you possibly check for me and see what the name of the sender is on those emailed surveys? I LOVE surveys (I know, weird.), but maybe my spam filter is blocking them... Thanks!

Last edited by Jen516; 11-09-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #289  
klc

Woo-hoo Jen! Sorry, didn't notice the milestone earlier. The mail is coming from [email protected] . If you like surveys, you'll love this one. It's put together beautifully. Includes sections for comments, suggestions of meals to the chef, etc. All online. Excellent job.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:59 PM   #290  

Where are these surveys you all are talking about? Or is it something for those on the plans.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #291  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Cancelled my bistro meals two weeks ago so I could catch up with what I had stored in the freezer. Ordered new order online Monday and when I called them to make sure my special requests would resume, I got the rudest customer service rep. I usually deal with Darlene...who is always the BEST...but now I'm turned off.

I'm just thinking about doing it on my own for a bit after this next shipment arrives. Can't deal with any aggravation right now. I really do think I can do the lunches/dinners without a problem, but it's the breakfasts that concern me. I will totally miss those pancakes (buckwheat and sweet potato) and the cream cheese filled berry crepes...and yes, even those dried out fiber rich bagels!

Anyone have any creative ideas for breakfasts? Keep in mind that I am allergic to eggs...so must scratch that. Thanks ladies/gents?
Old 11-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #292  

Thanks Kathy!

Sorry you ran into some trouble Joyful... That stinks. As for breakfasts, a few of my favs are:
- An english muffin toasted with 2 slices of deli ham, a slice of apple, and 30 cal of shredded cheddar cheese. Totals around 250cal. Toast the muffin, sprinkle with cheese, layer with ham and apple.
- A serving of oatmeal with dried apricots and raisins, a 1/2 TBS of brown sugar, a couple of almonds chopped. (Also around 250 and totally flexible... add what you like)
- I discovered this morning that I can microwave a 1/4 cup of blueberries and make a sauce similar to the Berry Crepe sauce. I haven't experimented further, but could probably come up with an approximation of that breakfast. (Discovery occurred because my dog stole the frozen cup of sauce off the table -- not sure where it ended up. Troubling. BUT I didn't want to eat the crepes plain, so I microwaved some frozen blueberries!)
-yogurt with a bit of granola and a bunch of fruit (even frozen berries or peaches work in this.) Calories vary depending on brands.

Update: Found the berry sauce... Thawed, but unopened and not leaking, whew! And I didn't really explain how much I LOVE that english muffin breakfast. I would pick it over a Sausage McMuffin any day (and I was practically addicted to those things!)

Last edited by Jen516; 11-11-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #293  
klc

Joy, look up the one minute muffin. I haven't made them yet, but everyone raves about it, and you can change it up to be anything you want.

I had the Picadillo today. This was another one that I thought I wouldn't like when I read the description. As it turns out, this is one of my favorite dishes. I loved it. The only meal I've had so far that completely bombed was the turkey and gravy with the broccoli puree. It combined the two things that they need to fix. But I have at least liked everything else enough that I want to keep getting them.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #294  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Thanks Jen!!!

KLC - I thought the same like you...that I would hate this weird sounding dish...turned out to be one of my fav's as well

Ran 2.6 miles yesterday on treadmill without stopping...so close to meeting my 5K goal....yeahhhh!!!! My goal is to keep pushing myself hard each day...and just listen to my body...if I can go more...I'll go for it...if I gotta cut back a little...I'll cut back!

Today...sprints..woot!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 11-11-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #295  
I'm a SWIMMER!

YEAHHHHH!!!!! Finally got to run outside (trail) today!!!! Treadmill running is GOOD, but nothing beats the outdoors I was surprised that I was actually able to run further outdoors (which included steep hills). I ran for 2 1/2 miles straight....walked for 2 min and then ran 1/2 mile, walked 3 min, then ran the remainder of the 4th mile...r u kiddin???? whoa!!!! haha...

Hard to believe I started at only being able to run 30 secs before the onset of CARDIAC ARREST only 9 weeks ago!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 11-11-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #296  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Hard to believe I started at only being able to run 30 secs before the onset of CARDIAC ARREST only 9 weeks ago!
That is amazing improvement and might be enough to get me off the couch and on the treadmill today! COngrats and thanks!

I took some random pics yesterday after I got my hair cut. I've spent the morning combing through old pics, comparing the face shots. I don't really feel any thinner, except for the smaller clothes fitting now. But it totally shows in the pics! I've been meaning to take pics for awhile, but I've been avoiding it. I still only have shots of my face. For any one else just starting out -- take some pictures!! Face and body! I wish I had, and I knew I was going to wish I had, but it was just so daunting. It's been so motivating looking at this new picture. And I'm not even comparing it to my highest wieght - i think I deleted those pictures as they were taken.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #297  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Wow Jen...just WOW!! I checked out your progress headshots...you look beautiful...and I LOVE your new hairdo Congrats...you've lost a record breaking amount of weight in a very short time...stay on track and you'll be at goal in no time! I'm really amazed that you've come this far with NO exercise...you should be proud...your an inspiration!!! Go...Jen..GO...woot..woot....LOL!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 11-11-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #298  
klc

WAHHHH! I can't find the pictures!!!!! And I want to see the skinny face and new haircut!!!! Where are they?

Jen, you have done an amazing job with this journey. Congrats on staying strong!!!!

Joyful, I KNOW I'm going to sound like I'm back seat driving, and that you had a bad experience, but I've got to remind you of my story. I lost 55 lbs on Bistro, got mad when they changed the meals, and decided I could do the last 50 on my own...after all I honestly like food that's good for you (veggies, fruit, chicken, whole grains...) and I enjoy grocery shopping...how hard can it be? I forgot about the little tid-bit that I don't like prepping, or cooking, when I'm ready to eat I want food fast (not necessarily fast food) and I'm not disciplined enough to spend the weekends prepping, cooking and packaging. So here I am 18 months later having to re-lose 48 of those 55 before I can attack the rest of it. I know that when I hit maintenance, I'll keep Bistro (or something comparable) in the freezer as a staple for my main meals, and just eat around it. I'm not saying your making the wrong decision. You have done GREAT and with your running schedule, you obviously are alot more disciplined than I am. I just wanted to throw my experience of doing it alone...and derailing myself... out there. I know you'll do great whatever you decide

p.s. just had the Mediterranean chicken today. Now I know what y'all were raving about. It was excellent! I wish they'd put those veggies in a bunch of other meals. I had the apple chicken last nite, and was majorly unimpressed.

Last edited by klc; 11-11-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #299  

Thanks, Joyful -- that's so sweet! It's been incredibly helpful being able to post here and get all the motivating encouragement from you all! Exercise is the next step; I know that it's necessary. My goal when I started was to get healthy, not just lose weight. I gotta start moving and I'm getting closer. My personal pattern is to not do anything until I know for sure I can do it. Not ideal, but that's my pschye. I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was like 9 and I didn't swim until I was 8. I hate to fail, but at least I'm pretty aware of my issues!

Kathy, I posted the pics in the 100lb Progress Pics thread. Find them here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...s-pics-16.html The new haircut is more dramatic when it's straight -- sort of a modified A-line, a bob that's a bit shorter in the back. Oh, and about your meals, was that the apple chicken or the apple/cherry chicken? I haven't tried the apple/cherry, but the plain apple is inedible! Mainly because of that darn broccoli souffle, and I'm not a fan of the root veggies either. Doesn't leave much to eat! I finally turned that meal off (and anything else with the souffle), but I have one left in the freezer. I usually pull the chicken and apples and toss the rest. Then I add a BUNCH of frozen veggies and some teriyaki sauce.

Have a great Friday all!

Last edited by Jen516; 11-12-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #300  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Hey Bistro Buddies!

I spoke with Darlene last night and she's gonna get everything straight with my meal orders and put me back where I was...yeahhh! I really did almost QUIT...I just can't argue or deal with any more problems right now..ya know? Anyhoot...I was glad she was so swift to jump in and save the day. I really do feel I NEED these meals shipped to me if for nothing more than convenience right now. I'm planning on doing it on a month to month basis from here on out and will see how my progress is going.

My body's totally sore from pushing myself yesterday on the running outdoors. Guess it is harder than the treadmill! I'm going to try to run a couple of miles today on the treadmill...time for 5 hour energy drink!

I feel like I'm gonna have a MAJOR WHOOOOOOOSH this week...thighs are really getting small and very HARD..firm, whatever you wanna say...but I'm lovin it!

KLC - Thanks for sharing your experience...I know that could easily be me...I'm very impatient when I'm hungry and the key to me eating healthy is AVAILABILITY..lol!

Jen - I know you'll be pumping away on that treadmill soon enough...I'm rootin' for ya
Closed Thread