Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

So my first week has pretty much been a failure. I've cheated WAY too much, and went out and had a few too many drinks with a friend the other night too.

I think I just had too much leftover food in the house to really be strict. There was too much temptation. But now all the ice cream and cookies and cocoa are gone, so I'm hoping for a better week.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Hey Meagan -- Sorry you had a rough first week... At least know you know what won't work for you! Stick with it -- it takes time to change your habits. Hope Week2 is better for you!

Last edited by Jen516; 01-27-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 177/160/130 to 125

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 in

Default Newbie to Bistro MD

Hi all,
I just ordered today ... Hubby's doesn't even know yet. I am going to spend today searching thru your posts to get as much info as possible. history on me ... I have been on edits, zone, sommersize, nutrisystems, food lovers, etc. I even did biggest loser, all with some success, but I work full time & have a special needs son at home. I just burn out on all these plans after about 3 months because I can't keep up with the shopping, planning, prep, cooking and cleaning it entails. So I have some success at first and then before I know it I am right back where I started and then some. I hated nutrisystems food and hate to admit that I ended up throwing out a lot of, which peeved my hubby's to no end. I ordered the 7 day plan with no snacks, those I have down.
Question I did have, you don't get to pick your meals, just likes & dislikes when ordering the 1st time?
Thanks and look forward to getting to know all of you, any tips would be appreciated.
Lisa
Old 01-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #439  

Default Hi

Also was going to add that my plan is to try this for two weeks, see how I like it. I am also checking out Chief By Request, which is now in my State. I try and eat pretty clean, so any info on the ingredients would be helpful. It's my portions that I have problem with. The two plans seem similiar, but the Chief is based on the zone diet which I had some success, just didn't care for all the planning and cooking with my schedule. I figure if I cut out all the extras like wine, I can trade off the costs of the delivery food, LOL
Plan difference is about $100 per week, $159-7 days, 3 meals, no snacks for Bistro v. $259 for Chief to go, one is frozen the other is delivered weekly, but the have to be in your area (Seattle for me)

Last edited by LBBUGS13; 01-29-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #440  

Lisa! Glad you're here! I think you'll like the food much better than Nutrisystem. Interested in the other meal program you mentioned too, but I don't think they're in my area.
You asked about choosing meals... With BMD, you never get to choose the meals. Initially, you do just list your preferences. After that, you can tell them which meals you hate (they won't send them) and which meals you love (they'll try to substitute those in). It'd be nice to be able to pick, but actually I think I get more variety this way. I end up eating things I might never pick! Have a great first week!

Back from a weekend trip with a bunch of friends who all tried to out cook each other when we prepared meals (macncheese, giant pancakes, homemade amazing cioppino with garlic bread... yum!). Dessert with every meal too! ugh. Did okay, but expect to be up from the 230lb I got down to on Friday. Hopefully, it'll come back off just as quick. Will weigh-in tomorrow morning. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! (Though I think I'm behind nearly everyone in time zones, so I suppose your weekend is pretty much over by now!)

Edit: Yup, up 1.5lb. Which, quite frankly, I'm counting as a successful weekend!! I thought it would be more...

Last edited by Jen516; 01-31-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #441  

Just got notice that my food has shipped ... Out of Indiana via FEDEX, I just hope the storms don't delay it and I am left with soggy food.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #442  

Hi Meagan, some weeks will be harder than others but It is wonderful that you figured out what triggered your bad eating habits nad removed them from the house, that was a huge step in the right direction. I find that with the BistroMD meals personally I like to only keep those in my freezer because then I have no other choice but to eat the meals and snacks on the program and if I ever feel like I need something salty or sweet I can usually find that with the BistroMD snacks, and also drinking a big glass on ice water helps me when I start to feel those cravings.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #443  

Lisa with BistroMD meals, no you cannot pick and choose your food for the first week but the nice thing with that is, you get to try the food and all of the great varieties they offer and if you find an entree that you really don't enjoy you can let Customer Service know and they will be sure your don't recieve that meal again. And if you find some meals that you really like, you can suggest those to be sent more often, so as you continue week by week you can customize the plan to your liking. I just love the variety and I have not found anything that I don't like, but I really like that if I did run into an item i really didn't enjoy then I could ask for that item to never be sent again. My personal experience is I have no tried a lot of these dishes before starting BistroMD and I never knew if I liked them or not and surprisingly I like a lot of food that I didn't think that I would and I would of never prepared for myself at home before starting the meals. How has your first week gone so far?
Old 02-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #444  

Still waiting ... The are in Kentucky today, expected delivery date is 2/5... Hope that dry ice lasts!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #445  

OK now I am getting really concerned, my FEDEX update indicates that it will not be delivered now until February 8 th. WTH, there is no way that food can staY frozen that long, plus I went to the web page and they don't even indicate that they delivery to WA state

I am starting to get really worried that I have charges to my credit card, but no food, at this rate
Old 02-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #446  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

No worry LBBUGS13! The delay is most likely due to the catastrophic blizzard conditions across 1/3 of the nation. BistroMD is a "class act" so, if there is any problems with your food being defrosted, rest assured they will either resend you another package or refund your money promptly (your choice).

BTW, I've never experienced one delay in any of my shipments, but then again I never got caught up in this kind of weather either. I used Bistro to lose 30 lbs for about 3 months back in September '10.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #447  

Thanks, I did send an email today asking them to delay the shipment for next week, no sense in having two weeks come all at once, LOL. Just frustrated cause I wanted to get started soon
Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #448  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBBUGS13 View Post
Thanks, I did send an email today asking them to delay the shipment for next week, no sense in having two weeks come all at once, LOL. Just frustrated cause I wanted to get started soon
Its sooooo gonna be worth the wait! Just remember...save the little black trays when your done...they come in really handy to help you with portion sizes when you start cooking for yourself!

Bistro helped me to realize the following:

1. The HEALTHY way to "calorie count" (they do it for you...but still...)
2. I don't need tons of salt to enjoy my food;
3. Fresh herbs, spices are what make food taste good;
4. I can eat whatever I want in correct portions;
5. The value of geting in at least 3 servings of veggies daily;
6. Spinach spinach and more spinach...the miracle veggie..haha
7. CHEAT MEAL - the importance mentally and physically
8. I can LOSE WEIGHT eating carbs!!!!!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 02-05-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #449  

LBBUGS13, Don't fret until you actually see the package. Mine was delayed this week too. In the past, I've had one box delayed, but the food was still frozen. Remember that the dry ice may be gone, but as long as the food is still frozen you're fine. In fact, it stays frozen so well that I've waited a day to unpack it before (freezer needed to be reconfigured to fit food). Not recommended, but it worked out for me. If it is thawed, contact the company. They are very accomodating about replacing meals or crediting you for any destroyed meals. Hope it comes soon, it is exciting to open it up and see what's inside. I'm still anticipating it and I'm 6 months in!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #450  

Meals were delivered today and they are waiving or delaying my next shipment for a week, everything looks good. I am going to start next Tuesday,because monday is our 30th anniversary and we have plans, I am really excited to start
Closed Thread