Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #331  
klc

Hi GK. Glad y'all survived your first day. The chicken mushroom crepes are my favorite ones, although the others are good as well, especially the berry ones. And the pancakes are great. The sausage and mustard is new for all of us, so it's going to be interesting to hear the takes on it from the different people.

To help with the hunger, you may want to think about high protein snacks. They have a tendency to satisfy better, and stick with you longer. For example, you could get some of the individual string cheese thingys and eat them with your salads. You can also add fruit and veggies to the plan. Here's what it says on the Bistro FAQ page:

You definitely don't have to give up your fresh fruit if you are on our plan. If you are going to add in fruit I recommend no more than one serving per day and that you eat the fruit with a protein (i.e. a protein snack). Fruit has natural sugar in it (fructose) which will spike your blood sugar when eaten alone. However, when you eat it with a protein (or healthy fat) it helps to stabilize your blood sugars.
You can also definitely have vegetables on our plan. 1 cup of raw veggies is only about 25 calories. I recommend limiting the raw veggies to no more than 4 cups per day (which is actually a lot of salad!). Watch things like croutons, cheese, and dressing. Use only 2 tbsp or less of a low fat or light dressing. All vegetables are OK to eat!

I'll be charting unknown waters with y'all this week, since most of the lunches and dinners are new to me as well. This is week 4 for me and the only repeat is the jerk tilapia, which is great since it was a favorite of mine.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #332  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

I really enjoyed the chicken sausage in mustard sauce and cabbage! I thought I would hate it as mustard sauce just sounded gross to me...but I really really liked it!

This morning was corn muffin (which really wasn't too bad), but the hot chocolate is too gooky and I can never finish it. All in all...ok breakfast.

Last night's dinner was a success. I worked so hard cooking and cleaning since Friday night all the way through to Saturday afternoon so that was my workout (which included mowing 2 gigantic lawns). I must say, was very proud of myself. The food was delish and everybody enjoyed it. I was successful in keeping my portion sizes small...but I did endulge in 2 slices of sweet potato pie that I made (I simply outdid myself on the pies...BEST EVER!!!!). Drink water and diet soda...never felt bloated and woke up this morning feeling GREAT and sore...or greatly sore?

I love it when I do well in social settings...I'm really trying to prepare for life without Bistro and the more situations I have like this...the more I know I can DO IT!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #333  
klc

Joyful, so glad your dinner party was a success! I'm also proud of you that you did 'real world' and enjoyed yourself without sabotaging all of your hard work.

I cracked up that you liked the sausage meal. Like our posts a couple back about the chicken bowl, it just goes to show that everyone has different tastes, and not to be jaded by someone else not liking something...ok, except for the broccoli souffle thing...we all hate that. I may try mixing some of the yogurt in with it to see if it makes it tolerable. Jen, have you tried cottage cheese with it yet, or did you just give up on it?

I spent the afternoon cleaning out and reorganizing my pantry and cleaning off my kitchen countertops. It's great, cause I can actually see my island instead of a jumbled mess of paperwork, and I'm not stumbling over stuff in the pantry...and my snacks have their own home!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Joyful, WTG on the dinner party!

Kathy, I haven't tried mixing anything with the broccoli souffle... it's horrid. If I can get it out of the tray, I toss it while it's still frozen - that way I don't even have to smell it. I haven't gotten it recently, since I put a hit out on any meal with the souffle on my BMD profile. That also seems to have killed off the root veggie medley which I also hated, I think they almost always came together. Anxious to try the mustard sausage now. And I may have to eat my words on the Beef Tips... Apparently, I just didn't like the last tray of it. I looked back in the blog and I gushed over it every other time I had it! SO, I take it all back!

Didn't eat any BMD meals today. I wasn't at home all day and didn't plan well. Did okay, but ate too many carbs (bread and rice, my mortal enemies). Supposed to walk/run this afternoon, but didn't get home in time. Will try VERY hard to do it when I get home at 930PM tonight...
Old 11-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #335  

Thanks for the advise Kathy... Day 2 was better and so was the food.. We had eggs w/ veggie sausage, veg. chilli, and BBQ pork... I think we are getting a little more used to the portions.

Can I ask a question... Can you guys please post what you eat for snacks? We just need some ideas(like the string cheese).Thanks
Old 11-22-2010, 06:08 AM   #336  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Snacks:

Atkins Choco-Peanut Butter Bar - 18 grms protein, 220 cals.
Activia Yogart
1 oz unsalted cashews
1 pc of fruit (apple, banana, pear, grapes, etc.)
8 to 9 steamed shrimp cocktail
100 cal cottage cheese and fruit

I don't have all of these on the same day...I mix and match

Ok folks...I've finally had my WHOOSH...not a big whoosh, but a big enough whoosh to excite me...a little! Lost 3.4 lbs this week...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm exceptionally excited because I was really able to "have my cake (well..pie) and eat it too!" I feel lean and the fat is truly melting off of me. My lowest weight this year was 184 lbs...so this is my lowest weight of the year...can't wait to see the 170's (can't believe I'm sayin that...being that my weight was always in the 140's to 150's TOPs!) I'm just gonna keep hacking down at it...and well...have fun in the process.

Running has really made so much difference in my stamina, overall health and I've never lost bodyfat this fast...EVER!!!

Have a nice day all!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 11-22-2010 at 06:09 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #337  
klc

Here is a great article/list from MSN health. It probably won't let me post the link, but you can find it by going out to MSN health site and looking for 120 best foods for women (there's another list for men). It talks about tons of things that would make great snacks.

http://health.msn.com/womens-health/...6631&gt1=31036
Old 11-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #338  

Yay, JOyful. Nice work!

Snack ideas: http://boxweek.blogspot.com/2010/09/...cks-ideas.html These are a few 100-cal snack ideas. I've been focused mostly on fruit, string cheese, yogurt, almonds, carrots with hummus, rice cakes with a bit of peanut butter, and heaps of frozen veggies. Seriously, for a snack I sometimes just microwave a cup of green beans and a cup of broccoli and top with a bit of teriayki or sweet chili sauce. less than 100cal and very filling.

Didn't get on the treadmill last night, didn't get home until 1030PM. But I did get up early and do it this morn! Off to Reno for the next three days... Have a great week!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #339  

Guys thanks sooo much!!! Jen what a good list! Todays menu was sweet patato pancakes, turkey and beef chili, and jerk tilapia.... We enjoyed all 3 meals today! For snacks we had Fage 2% w/ peaches, and a danon fit and light (which was just ok)
Old 11-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #340  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Glad your sticking with your running Jen....enjoy yourself in Reno!!!

I must say i really loved the chicken pesto and chicken marsala today...YUM!!!

I'm totally getting spoiled by this Bistro MD...

27.4 pounds lost in 10 1/2 weeks!

Had an awesome moment today at the park while running...ran about 1 1/4 miles before my left knee COMPLETELY went out (well...that's the bad news..lol), but then while I was trying to stretch out the pain, this guy that I usually see at the park, stops and says to me, "wow, I see this running thing is doing you well...man, you've lost alot of weight...it looks really good on you"...

ok...so I'd be lying if I said that his comment didn't make me feel good!

Gonna take (at least) the rest of the week off running and just stick to my recumbent bike and strength training (all non-weight bearing exercises) until this pain is completely GONE!!!

I'm on a mission...within the next 3 months I plan to be at goal weight and tip top shape!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #341  
klc

Gotta agree with GK on the sausage and mustard....it didn't do a thing for me. But overall, I am still loving the food!
Old 11-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #342  

Hi everyone... I have adjusted to the diet and dont feel really hungry anymore! I recieved my meals for next week but my wife hasnt and is scheduled to get hers on Friday. I dont know why? I also wish they didnt bill almost 2 weeks in advance! Anyhow the diests is going good and I will weght myself on Sat. Hope evryones njoying their day!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:10 AM   #343  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Glad to hear you and your wife and loving BMD GK!!! I agree about the billing..2 weeks is a bit ridiculous IMHO!

No turkey for me tonight...I'm proud to say I'll be enjoying Beef Tips in Gravy...now NOTHING beats that for me!!!

Maybe go shopping tomorrow for some after thanksgiving sales!

Although I haven't been able to run this week (but for monday and tues and that had to be cut short), I've been able to do my strength training and pull ups (up to 3 full body weight pull ups now...yeahhh!). I've been alternating between my elipticle (30 mins at level 11) and recumbent bike (35 mins at level 9) for cardio then followed by 20-30 minutes of weight training. I think I'm gonna start focusing more on strength and get back to doing my hardcore bodybuilding routines using free weights and squat rack. Gotta be careful not to spend too much time though...more important things to do...but I think I'll get faster results with the weights.

I'm already surprised at how well my muscle definition is coming along and ALL the weight I'm losing is from FAT not MUSCLE...I can visibly see that...so forward march!!!

Enjoy your day peoples!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 11-25-2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #344  

Thats being strong joyfull!! We are having a cheat day today! We wont go overboard but will enjoy the turkey and sides! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #345  

Made it back from Reno! Had a great trip and saw a great concert! But I was pretty much off course on eating - grilled cheese, french fries, breakfast buffet, 40 oz rum punch (in a souvenier glass, of course!), and a variety of other bad choices -- so I was dreading the scale. But I hopped on when I got home, even though I usually weigh in the morning and I only gained a half a pound! What!?! That might even be gone by the morning! I guess I did eat okay/healthy at most of the meals, but I was so focused on the bad ones! Pretty pleased and I still have 2 days to be good before weigh in! Off to a relative's for turkey dinner - glad it's somewhere else, no leftovers and I always eat better in public!

GK - glad you're getting into the swing of things - I think once you get past the big change, I think you'll find that you are rarely hungry with BMD food.

Kathy - thanks for posting the list of foods - good to focus on.

Joyful - I love that you're replacing the predictable feast with another meal that you love! What a smart way to not feel deprived! Careful with that knee!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Last edited by Jen516; 11-25-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Closed Thread