Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:26 AM   #256  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzoavva View Post
Joyfull,

So sorry for your loss please. I know it is tough right now but it will get better or at least easier with time. So glad that are still comming here and sticking it out. At least having your Bistro meals already prepared can help you not to have to worry about at least one thing on what you need to cook to eat. No matter what don't give up and just take it one day at a time. Stay strong and please continue to inspire us all as you have done thus far.
Thanks so very much...that is kind and sweet! Every day gets a little better...

I was able to eat my entire breakfast this morning (probably helped that it was one of my favorites...buckwheat pancakes!). I wasn't going to run this morning cuz it's probably not good for my ankles to run everyday, but I'm gonna run anyway...I just feel I've gotta

Well...runnings not the worse thing a person can do to their bodies...fresh air is my crack! haha..

P.S. Whoever said running doesn't burn fat or help for weight loss, may have been on crack..lol! I've never seen my body transform this fast...EVER...My butt and legs are really getting stealth...so get out there and RUN!!!!

Have a great day all!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #257  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Good Bistro MD day today...fruit crepes and sausage, cheese tortillini & jerk tilapia...yum!

Didn't exercise at all yesterday Had to prepare obituary Just tired Really exhausted today also...I feel like I"m passing away... I'm finding out that "mourning" takes alot out of a person, but from what I'm reading, it's more important than ever to keep well hydrated and nourished as well as getting in a "reasonable" amount of exercise.

I will try to get in at least 30 min on the bike or elipticle. Will let you all know how that turns out.

Have a great day all
Old 10-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #258  

My thoughts and best wishes for you, joyfull. And thank you for continuing to share your experiences and thoughts here.

Has anyone experimented with heating the meals in a conventional oven at all? I'm tempted to try with some of the dishes. I'm curious how it might affect some of the turkey selections, especially. Foil-wrapped and oven-heated, maybe they would retain a little more moisture?

Overall, I'm very pleased as my second week kicks off. I haven't eaten and enjoyed this many vegetables, well, ever. It's a good step for me.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #259  
klc

Joy, my heart goes out to you. I'm proud of you for staying strong for yourself and your family.

My first order in over 19 months is here. To remind you, I was one of the old-timers that threw down about the menu and packaging change from the original back then (after losing over 50lbs and loving every minute of it on Bistro). I start tomorrow morning, so I can't give you a taste test review of the meals, but I can give you an overall impression. BTW, when I compare stuff to the original, you've got to understand, it was DA BOMB!! When I'd heat stuff up at work and walk down the hall with it on a plate, people who weren't dieting would follow me, asking what restaurant I'd ordered from. So here goes:

Snacks - Better than the original. More variety, not only with new things that I hadn't seen, but general types of things (i.e. not overloaded with chips vs sweets vs drinks, etc) Best part, is that I got a cheesecake...man alive I've missed those things.

Breakfast - ALOT better than the original. Much better variety with cool breakfast meals. IMO, this was the weakest area of their original menu. If this week is the norm, they've definitely fixed it.

Lunch/Dinner - Can't compare them to the original, but just by looking at them, and feeling the substance in them, I can tell you already that they're ALOT better than the meals that came out in the first change. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Packaging - I don't have a problem with them packaging in trays, and the sleeves help, but I still had 3 that split across the top in transit (I'm sure they will make this right when I call them tomorrow...as we all know, they have excellent customer service). The ones that split did not have the label on the cellophane top. I think if they move to doing that on all meals, it will solve the problem.

Overall, I'm really, really, really happy. For the record, I'm a meal delivery junkie. I've tried nutrisystem, jenny, ediets, purfood, DTG (lo-fat, lo-carb). But Bistro is the only one I stayed on long term and really enjoyed. Oh yeah, and lost weight on. It's funny, cause the only thing I missed from the others was DTG breakfasts. It looks like bistro may have solved that problem.

Darryl, if it's just plain turkey, you may want to try wrapping it in a wet paper towel before sticking it in the microwave. I was really glad to hear your comment about the veggies. They were exceptional. Apparently they still are...YAY!!

Last edited by klc; 10-28-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #260  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Thank you for your well wishes Flippyshark and KLC!

Unfortunately, I didn't work out Wed, or Thurs...and probably won't today either...

It's been a rough week...really rough Fortunately, I've had my Bistro meals around...otherwise, I really wouldn't have eaten anything But I have been forcing at least 3 meals a day....

Glad to have you back KLC and to hear about the differences! I've never tried any other meal delivery programs, but my mother used to do Nutrasystem and said the freeze dried food was terrible, but the frozen entres were ok to good. Guess I've been spoiled, starting right at the top..lol!

Originally, I was planning on taking a break from Bistro in about another week (It'll make 9 weeks for me), but after this...I think I should continue at least for 3 more weeks before I transition into cooking for myself.

Bistro is like "Mr. Right" for me...when it's gone...it won't be replaced with something else!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #261  
klc

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Glad to have you back KLC and to hear about the differences! .... Guess I've been spoiled, starting right at the top..lol!
.... Bistro is like "Mr. Right" for me...when it's gone...it won't be replaced with something else!
Thanks for the welcome, and you are oh so correct. I realize that everyone has different tastes and preferences, but for me, Bistro was in a whole different league.

OK, to pick up on the novel that I wrote last nite...I called about the split tops this morning, and of course, with apologies, they're sending replacements with next weeks order (all 3 were things I really wanted to try). I had the cinnamon sweet potato pancakes for breakfast. OH MAMA!! I loved those things. Everyone in the office was talking about how good it smelled. Lunch was the Arroz con something thingy. When I opened it up, my first thought was "that's a tiny serving". Second thought was "bet I won't like it". I was wrong on both counts. After the first couple tentative bites, I discovered that it was different, but good. And when I finished it, I was full.

Which brings up my favorite thing about Bistro, that I had forgotten about. It's amazing how comfortable, and level, this food keeps you. I wasn't hungry, and didn't have the 2:00 "I want to take a nap" crash. And to top it off, it's great to come home from work, and not have to worry about what's for supper...and not spending $15 on delivery for one meal!!! It's good to be back!
Old 10-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #262  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Mmmmmm....yummy sweet potato pancakes....that's my absolute FAVORITE breakfast. I love the Bistro dishes so much, that I'm even going to try to re-create some of the dishes when I go on my own.

Update: Finally RAN today!!!! So glad I did...it really does help relieve alot of stress. AND...I did better than ever...I ran for 2 miles straight without stopping....a total of 4 miles today....with only about 4-5 minutes walking. Seems I'll be up to running a 5K within a few weeks, if I keep up this pace!

Anyway...I'm off tomorrow for a few days...viewing, funeral, etc.

See you all back here next Thursday...hope you all enjoy your week and do well on the scale!
Old 10-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #263  
klc

Have a safe trip Joy. We'll be thinking about you, and will be here when you get back.

OK, I've succumbed to peer pressure. When I did Bistro before, my only exercise plan was working out my fingers, typing on this forum, and I still lost 50lbs. All of you guys have gone gangsta on the exercise thing, so you've pushed me over the edge!!!. I have a Wellness center 3 miles from the house that I'm starting Monday. OK, OK, so I'm only doing water aerobics initially (I know, whimpy), but it's a start. I can't imagine a better place to exercise in the winter, than in a heated pool. I'm stoked. They've got a full facility (including a massage center oooohhh-aaaahhhh) so I can migrate into the other areas, once I get strength enough to wade from one end of the pool to the other without having to take a break Thanks guys...seriously.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Safe trip Joy, stay strong!

Glad to hear that you think the new meals measure up KLC! Totally agree about the hunger levels and crashes, etc, etc, etc. I've gotten off track the last week - I think 85 days on-plan finally got to me. But I'm ready to be back to BMD! Even the Beef Bourginoun was good today, I normally don't like it too much.

Darryl - I sometimes heat the turkey meatloaf meals most of the way and then transfer the meatloaf to a foil "tray" and finish it in the little toaster oven. I like the crispy outside parts of the meatloaf! Haven't experimented much more than that. Report back if you do!

I'm excited about two new meals tomorrow, Beef Brisket and Beef Tips in Mushrooms. I skipped the last box because I have a total back log of meals. When that box would have arrived, I still had 3 weeks of meals in my freezer! I like having one back week, just in case something goes wrong with shipment, but I've saved all the skipped meals over the last 3 months and they've finally added up to a skipped box! Yay, saving $!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #265  
klc

Thanks Jen, I am liking the food, especially the breakfasts. I'm one of those weird people who actually like veggies, and discovered that I like spinach with stuff, including breakfast food, after a short stint on DTG...they use alot of it. But I also gained weight on DTG, so that love affair was short lived. Speaking of veggies, I had the jerk tilapia today. It's been one of my favorite meals so far. I was grossed out at the looks of what I thought were soggy french fries on top of the peas. I tried one, and they were great. Looking at the menu, it talked about roasted yucca. Is that what those were? If so, I wish they'd add them to other things. I had a meal with the pureed squash, and with the cinnamon stirred into it, I liked it (keep in mind that I love winter squash, especially with butter and brown sugar ). However, I'll agree with everyone else on the broccoli disaster. I like broccoli raw, steamed, chopped up on pitas, etc. It's hard to imagine that anyone could do something to broccoli to make it into a form that I wouldn't like. That stuff is just plain wrong. BistroMD, if you're monitoring this forum, we all hate it. Replace it with anything...except shredded carrots.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #266  

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc View Post
It's hard to imagine that anyone could do something to broccoli to make it into a form that I wouldn't like. That stuff is just plain wrong. BistroMD, if you're monitoring this forum, we all hate it. Replace it with anything...except shredded carrots.

So true!!!
And the squash is inconsistent for me. Some days I love it and some days it's glue. I don't think it's my cooking technique (well, I guess technique is a bit of an overstatement... perhaps cooking time?) but who knows?! I do know that I like the yucca better if I don't overcook it.

I just had the BBQ Brisket for lunch today and it was great! Excited to get a new meal, makes me motivated to get back on track and actually make good choices!

Last edited by Jen516; 11-02-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #267  
klc

OK, I wasn't expecting this...I really liked the turkey meatloaf! I'm loving the seasonings that they're using on alot of these dishes. Do they still have the apple/cherry chicken breast?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:35 AM   #268  

I haven't seen an apple/cherry chicken entree. There's a roasted apple chicken dish, but it comes with the dreaded broccoli souffle and root veggie medley. ugh.

Edit: So I'm a couple boxes behind the current delivery and I just found an apple/cherry stuffed chicken entree in my freezer! So, I guess it's back! I haven't eaten it yet though...

Last edited by Jen516; 11-05-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #269  
klc

Yay! It's delivery day!!! AND since this is just my second week, almost EVERYTHING is new, including the replacement buckwheat pancakes and chicken mushroom crepe that dying to try. AND sweet potato pancakes came again. AND the bagel came with turkey sausage instead of canadian bacon (which I don't care for). Excuse me while carrot, broccoli and I go do the Snoopy happy dance...
Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #270  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Thanks for making me smile ladies!!! This thread has been fuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny! lol!

Well...I'm back It's funny...not too many tears...no one fell into the casket...just lots of really great memories, love and family Although still putting the pieces of my forever changed life back together slowly...I think I'll be alright

Can't believe it, but with only 3 days running last week, and mon, tues and wed of this week spent OFF Bistro plan, red velvet cake, NYC chicken gyro, good old fashioned southern cuisine (pork, fried chix, mac & cheese, etc...etc...) and JUNIORS world famous cheesecake and pastries during the last few days and absolutely NO EXERCISE this week, other than crying (if you can count that...), walking through downtown Brooklyn for blocks (no parking ANYWHERE) and just the general stress of being in New York, oh and yes, I'm having my TOM now...and yet still....a .8 lb LOSS??? for real???? whoa...I'm shocked!

Rainy here today...didn't get home until 1a.m. this morning, so will try to get in some indoor cardio today... Will run as soon as weather clears up.

Thanks again for all your well wishes...it's good to be back!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 11-04-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Closed Thread