Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:39 AM   #226  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Donno what happened this morning...but I ran like a bandit!!! Ran 1st mile in 10.5 minutes!!! Rest 3 min. Ran 2nd mile straight today...rest 3 min...ran 1/2 mile...rest 1 min...ran 1/2 mile....rest 1 min....ran 1/2 mile...rest 2 min...sprint 45 sec...rest 1 min...sprint 30 sec....whew...I'm tired just writing all this....all in all another STRONG run...could I be turning into a REAL Runner??? Stay tuned...

BTW, had buckwheat berry pancakes...yum..yum...and didn't come back up during my run! I've gotta contact Bistro and tell them not to send more than 1 crepe per week...they are "crepe'ing" me to death here!

Hope you all have a great day
Old 10-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #227  

Just checking in. I am continuing to lose weight. This week is has been slow, but I hurt my foot and couldn't excercise this week at all. So I lost 1.5 lbs this week, but I haven't got a lot to lose, so that's pretty ok. This diet still continues to be rather painless. I got rid of the snacks. I loathe the snacks. I ordered some shakes and bars from dietdirect. I still have a bunch of those hideous soy chips piled up.

I love the Curry dish! I spiced it up with a little more curry and it was really yummy. I found a few more meals that I really enjoyed but I can't remember the name. I love all the fruit crepes! I could eat them at least 3 times a week! The veggy sausage patty is pretty good for being a veggy patty! I am getting a big sick of those BLAND, overcooked "omelets" and bagel and cream cheese day is always kinda boring. These bagels aren't that yummy. Oh god I hate the 2 turkey dinners. I opted one out and they sent me another turkey dinner with a slight variation...both are gross! I'm also not to pleased on days that we just have plain ol' spinach as a side, wish they'd dress it up a bit, because it's so boring.

I might gripe about some of the meals, but on the whole..this is definitely the best DIET MEALS I have ever had and most filling. They do a damned good job disguising some pretty blah tasting healthy foods. These meals are full of high protein and high fiber veggies that I could usually never manage to choke down.

Since I've been on DietMd, I have noticed that I rarely have gas (aren't you glad I shared that with you??) I never have an upset stomach and my cravings for pizza and Thai and Chipotle ect ect have really gone down! My stomach has definitely shrunk because I can sometimes go without eating the snacks and not have my tummy growl.

This is so much easier for me than Jenny Craig ever was! I still do crave chocolate, but not to the extreme that I did before. I do like their chocolate shakes but hate all the fruit ones. Does anyone know if those shakes can be purchased online?

Well there's my update. I am EXTREMELY happy with this diet and really feel that I will without a doubt reach my goal this time around. It's really not a struggle so far!

yaay! Congrats to everyone else who is doing so well and shedding those pounds!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #228  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Curls - Glad to hear your loving the Bistro program. 1 1/2 lbs is certainly not bad especially for not being able to work out. Thanks for checking in...it's inspiring.

Jen - I "sea" what ur doing here...dropping those lbs on the down low! 39 pounds in a little over 2 months??? r u maaaaad!!!!! haha! That's OUTRAGEOUS...I want to be you right now! I'm so hoping that can happen for me. I need to hear about what your doing so I can do it too! Anyways...hope everything else is going well for you...congrats lady!

Ok...now off for my 4 mile run! Feeling good this morning...hope to have a strong run. Next week going to try running up and down the stairs at my track...gotta keep movin!

Had yet another crepe this morn..(spinach ricotta and veggie patty).....hoping it doesn't try to come up during my run...blaaaaahh! lol Have a great day!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 10-15-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #229  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Did 4 miles this morning...strong run...felt GREAT!

Breakfast was my favorite...berry crepes and turkey sausage..YUMMM!!!!

Now onto lunch for some turkey/beef chili and it's JAMAICAN FOOD for din din...woo hooooooooooooooo!!!!

Have a great weekend all!
Old 10-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Joyful! I'm down another 3.5 pounds this week. The last time I was at this weight was 5 years ago. And I was at 250 for about 5 more years before that too. Give me another 17 pounds and I will offically be at my all-time low adult wieght. yay!
The only reason this is working quicker for me is because I started higher than you! ...in 50 more pounds, I'll be asking you for hints! Right now what works for me is the ready-made food (no need to stop on the way home) and keeping track of calories every day (averaging 1500-1600). It's almost been like a science project for me. So far, pretty painless (knock on wood!) Tackling the exercise issue is next!!
Agreement on the omelets - there is virtually nothing that can be done to make them tasty. The spinach ricotta crepes are much better with a little cheese (laughing cow is especially good) or avocado. I had the chicken burrito bowl today and I loved it! Added a bit of tomato, avocado, and fatfree sour cream.
Glad to hear you ladies are doing well!!
Old 10-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #231  

Ooh I had a few new tasty meals this week.The Sirloin Tips and Mushrooms is good and enjoyed the spaghetti squash side. Chicken Arroz was nummers as well. I like the burrito too but added a bit more cumin and salsa that was very low cal. Now that Burrito..I was impressed by how tasty it was..I mean..did you see what was in it? It's like a cabbage or zucchini burrito or something with like 6 beans in it. I am always AMAZED how they manage to trick us into thinking we are eating a regular burrito when its stuffed with crazy vegetables. lol

The meals seem to be either SUPER yummy want to lick my bowl clean or pretty icky and I choke it down..doesn't seem to be much in the middle. lol But for the most part, the best diet food I have ever gotten. I even did the Zone Fresh Food Diet which was INSANELY expensive. I find this food to taste way better and I never was this full or lost weight as steadily as I am on BistroMd.

Jen your weightloss is so friggin excited!! You are definitely inspiring me! Joyful, I need to get some of your energy and work-out. I am soo unmotivated to work-out. You are doing so well!

Those spinach crepes are on my icklist on my profile. I even hate the sweet potatos that they serve with them. Those berry crepes though...I could eat them 4 times a week and be happy. That's one of my favorite breakfast meals.

Anybody have any hints as to how to make the "plain spinach" edible? Any way to season it up?? It's just so gross and SPINACHY. I feel like popeye. My friend who is a personal trainer says all this spinach and fiber is great for keeping our sugar from spiking and really assists in weightloss and to keep eating it...but I really am having a tough time getting that plain spinach and the spinach puree down.

For my free day..I've mostly just been doing a grilled chicken salad and drinking as my cheat. Every time I do. I wake up a lb heavier! Alcohol really does a number on my diets. I have been trying to only do it on girls night out once a week. When you drink alcohol what are you doing? What's the least evil alcohol to drink? I've been doing cherry vodka and diet coke. I prefer cranberry juice and cherry vodka but have been trying to do the diet coke instead...which is a bummer because I have been trying to quit aspartame as well.

My jeans I was wearing before I started are now frumpy and I can wear the jeans that were too tight before. My skinny jeans I can zip..but couldn't possibly wear because they give me outrageous muffin top, but I can zip the suckers again! yay! It's just a matter of time.

Last edited by SuperCurls; 10-17-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #232  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Jen - I'm still impressed...41 lbs...holy cow! Your doing great...exercise will come in due time

Curls - I lol'd at your post....yeah..some of the meals I too just choke down. But I get through it by telling myself, this is healthy, if I eat this goop (brocolli soufle, that is), I am going to get down to my goal weight...then chug!

Well guys...today is absolutely depressing for me. Weigh in day and I'm only down .6 pounds This after being ideal on my diet plan, working out 6 days a week hardcore...and generally being more active!!! Good news is that my body fat % went down 2%? Yeah..whatever, with this much weight to lose, I doubt anyone will be able to convince me that I'm just GAINING MUSCLE...right now I have plenty of muscle, it's the FAT I NEED TO LOSE!!!! GRrrrrrrrrhhhh!!!

Ok...I'm fine now...just needed to rant a bit. I'm going to throw myself out the door now and drag my unenthused legs onto the track for a quick run. Have a great day all!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #233  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Feeling better now...had a GREAT run! I've decided that I will run forever, if only for my sanity! Endorphins are GREAT! Ran 1 1/2 miles straight today...3 minute rest, then 1 1/2 miles, 2 min rest then spints and walking the last mile.....legs and lungs are totally getting stronger. Oh and I think I found out where the weight is being redistributed....MY BUMMMMMM!!!! It puts Jay-Lo to shame now...haha!

*Edit* - Forgot to add...I ran the stairs at the park...3 times up...3 times down....doubled up on stairs on way up...

I like it...and really felt it in my bum and hamstrings. Will end each running session with that.

Take care all!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 10-18-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #234  

Cheese Tortellini yumyum!

Tried doing a friends copy of "Insanity Workout".
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??
hahahahahahahaha!

I was dieing before the warm-up was done. The people doing the work-out on the CD were actually falling over in exhaustion themselves, sweating rivers and looking like they are going to pass-out and they were SUPER FIT, ripped people!!

Too insane for me. Oh well. I will probably go back to my kettle bell aerobics tonight.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #235  
I'm a SWIMMER!

I gotta say....with the exception of breakfast (buckwheat pancakes and bacon), I absoluted HATED today's foods. Lunch was veggie chili which I couldn't even force myself to finish, and dinner was turkey with cranberry..I hate cranberry...the turkey was dry and I'm just plain SICK of quinoa.

Decided to try not running everyday, but to lower it to 4 miles/day 4 days/week and do 20-30 min cardio on my elipticle or recumbent bike, followed by 30-40 min weight lifting (yes, I have my own gym so no excuses for me!).

Was really tired today and napped for hours this afternoon...just feeling blaaah...guess I kinda missed my run...always feel so much better. Ok...off to do my workout. Later ladies & gents (possibly?)!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #236  
klc

Default Hi folks

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm one of the old timers on Bistro over a year ago that was grumbling when they changed the menu. I'd lost over 50 lbs, and decided to try some other programs as a change, and then tried to do it on my own. WELL....that didn't work! So here I am back again after finding that 50lbs that I lost I just ordered tonite. It looks like they've changed alot of the meals since the initial menu re-do, so this will be an adventure.

Don't know if they're still shipping any of the food in the pouches, but for the record, I just opened the pouches while they were still frozen, put everything on a plate, and nuked it. Depending on what it was, sometimes I'd nuke the meat for a 2-3 minutes before putting the veggies in with it. But I'm waaay to lazy to mess with the boiling thing.

Anyhow, good to be back. I'm looking forward to getting rid of some of this stuff I'm lugging around!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #237  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Welcome back KLC!!! I'm sure you'll make your goal this time around...I guess we just keep getting better with time and experience!

Ok...didn't work out at all yesterday...decided I needed it as a rest day Anyhoot...felt a bunch better today and cuz it's raining here in my neck of the woods...decided to do 30 min on my elipticle and 30 minutes on my weight machines....muscles sore...but I feel good! Still miss RUNNING!!! Hopefully, no rain tomorrow and I can go..go...GO!!!

Bistro foods look better today. Breakfast was one of my fav's sweet potato pancakes w/turkey sausage. Lunch is salsbury steak and din din is jerk tilapia...yum!

Good thing happen yesterday. My 24 yr old daughter comes over and says..."wow mom...aren't you the skinny one these days" That made me feel better...cuz she's brutally honest! I have to say, the mirror and my clothes clearly show a significant fat loss, donno why the scale is creeping though? Hopefully next monday will be my whooosh...I need one badly

Have a great day all!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #238  
klc

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Welcome back KLC!!! I'm sure you'll make your goal this time around...I guess we just keep getting better with time and experience!
Thanks! It's good to be back. I'm really looking forward to the breakfasts. They look alot better now than they were "back in the day".

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
...decided to do 30 min on my elipticle and 30 minutes on my weight machines....muscles sore...but I feel good!
I have to say, the mirror and my clothes clearly show a significant fat loss, donno why the scale is creeping though? Hopefully next monday will be my whooosh...I need one badly
You probably answered your own question with your first comment. Muscle weighs more than fat. So if you're firming up, it could well be camouflaging weight loss. Some wise old folks around here used to say if you don't like what the scales are saying, talk to the tape. If your measurements are going down, you're going in the right direction, nomatter what the scales say. Congrats!!! Sounds like you're doing great!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back KLC! Best of luck going forward! And you took the words right out of my mouth about the measuring tape -- are you tracking your measurements Joyful? I bet there is a significant change there! I've been measuring once a month.

I'm sad to hear that you don't like the veggie chili - it's one of my favorites! Isn't it weird how our individual preferences can be so different? I'm with you on the turkey though - all the turkey dishes are ridiculously dry. Though I guess that's why they are low in fat!

I've been a little off-track the last 2-3 days. Ate too much at mom's for dinner last Saturday, but I was okay with one high day. That blossomed into a repeat on SUnday with leftovers and on Tuesday I was ridiculously focused on munching. Ate an extra 800 calories that day! Though it was mostly stuff like light popcorn, ricecakes, carrots, hummus, (oh, and a portion of apple crisp). So I guess it's improvement from before -- if I'm falling off the wagon eating fairly healthy foods. At least it's not a binge at McDonald's!! And I feel better and more on track today.

AND I actually RAN on my treadmill yesterday. I've been feeling a little lighter on my feet and kinda jogging to jokingly "race" to the car with people. So I decided to see what's the fastest I could complete a mile on the treadmill. I eventually ended up switching back and forth between walking at 3.5mph and running at 5 mph, for 1/8 mile increments. It was sort of a revelation that I could even run for that much! It only took 15 minutes and I was sweating for sure. Also a little sore today. I'm sorta excited to try again tommorrow! My issue with the walking is that it takes forever to work up a sweat and feel like I'm accomplishing something. This seems far more effective!

Sorry for the long-winded post! Have a great evening all. I get to try the Chili Verde tonight which is new to me!

Last edited by Jen516; 10-20-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:46 AM   #240  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Hey Jen!!!!

Yah...I've had the veggie chili before and didn't find it this detestable...for some reason all that tomato just got to me this time..blaaah! Anyhoot...I just chucked it and ate a grilled chicken breast filet

Oh and YEAHHHHHHHH!!! I'm so proud of you!!!! Woot...woot!!! Felt good, didn't it?? haha! Yah..there's nothing like running to bring out your inner warrior! The first week is tough, especially if you are as aerobically challenged as I was when I first started But after that...you get into a zone...a good one and the sense of accomplishment is like no other. I hope you stick with it. I look forward to hearing about your progression. You are going to be surprised at what your body can do and how fast your endurance in running will grow! Just remember, take it slow. What I mean by that is...let's say right now you can only run for 30 seconds/walk 1 min & repeat. Well...don't jump to 1 minute tomorrow cuz you feel you got it in you. Stick with the 30 secs/walk 1 min for at least 5 days before you up your time. This being because it will take your joints longer to adjust to the constant pounding than it will take your lungs to adjust. Hope this helps.

Ok...sorry for being long winded this morn...but I was just too excited to hear about Jen's running. Ok..now...here's where I'm at. Went to a running store the other day and picked up a new pair of running sneakers. BEST INVESTMENT EVERRRR!! My ankles and achilles tendon were bothering me, so I thought maybe trying a better pair of sneakers would help. The guy at the running store was great. He watched me run and fitted me with the perfect pair of sneakers to correct my arches and instep. I've never heard of this brand before, but they were about $100. It's Saucony Progrid Guide 3. While I was there I tried on a pair of the BEST SOCKS IN THE UNIVERSE....I loved them so much a bought a pair (to the tune of $10/pr). They are made by Balega. Believe it or not, they really help with traction when running and are soft and breath easy....I never thought I'd ever pay $10 for a pr of socks...but these are really worth it.

Ran this morning and boy did it hurt! Taking 2 days off running was not a good idea. But after the first mile, it got better and by the 4th mile, I was clearly in the "zone". Finished 4 miles in 51 mins. Ran all but 8 min of walking. Back to my old self again. I think the reason why I feel like bird poo when I'm not running, is cuz running works out the "brain/mind" and relaxes it as well. No other exercise seems to do that for me.

Well...till next time America...

Last edited by joyfulloser; 10-21-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread