Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:45 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanieAlways View Post
I thought I would post a quick update. I have been on BFC for two days. I am finding this diet really easy. So easy that I wonder if I am doing something wrong. lol I have decided not to weigh myself until Friday so I will post results then. I have been amazed how much sugar is in foods that I wouldn't have even thought of as having sugar. But I am not having any problems avoiding it. The only difficulty I am having is caffeine deprivation. Until yesterday, I drank about a 2 liter of diet mountain dew everyday. And I bought the Truvia (expensive!) to have in my coffee but there are 3gs of carbs in every little packet and I decided I didn't want to drink 9-12 carbs per cup so I just quit drinking coffee too.
I did have a question. I didn't buy the book and am just going by everything I have read online to follow the diet. I bought metamucil to up my fiber intake instead of making that other shake thing. Is anyone else doing it this way. Any opinions?
Congratulations on all the weight loss. And good luck to those just starting!
Hi StephanieA!

I am down 22 pounds since January 1 and yes, it is really that easy! *lol* It really is not a diet, but rethinking how a person looks at eating. I would STRONGLY, STRONGLY STRONGLY suggest you get the book. There is such a wealth of information in there and the recipe section is "OFF THE HOOK"!! It is about $10.00 on Amazon and you can even get used copies. But, if you can squeeze it into your budget, please by the book. So much more is explained, there are recipes, there is a S/C value section where you can look up foods and there are personal stories. I just went out with the family tonight for dinner and I bought my Truvia, had an unsweetened Ice Tea, some grilled buffalo wings, a serving of home fries and salad. It was do DELICIOUS. Also, I ordered two cookbooks about low carb baking that use Xylitol some of the other sweeteners Jorge recommends. The lifestyle is that easy. Also, I would suggest you got the the jorge cruise website and there should still be some downloads up as well. I have problems with caffeine, so I don't really consume it; but the withdrawal will pass. I do my month weigh-in on Feb 1 and I will post pics on my Sparkpage.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SistaDiva2001 View Post
Hi StephanieA!

I am down 22 pounds since January 1 and yes, it is really that easy! *lol* It really is not a diet, but rethinking how a person looks at eating. I would STRONGLY, STRONGLY STRONGLY suggest you get the book. There is such a wealth of information in there and the recipe section is "OFF THE HOOK"!! It is about $10.00 on Amazon and you can even get used copies. But, if you can squeeze it into your budget, please by the book. So much more is explained, there are recipes, there is a S/C value section where you can look up foods and there are personal stories. I just went out with the family tonight for dinner and I bought my Truvia, had an unsweetened Ice Tea, some grilled buffalo wings, a serving of home fries and salad. It was do DELICIOUS. Also, I ordered two cookbooks about low carb baking that use Xylitol some of the other sweeteners Jorge recommends. The lifestyle is that easy. Also, I would suggest you got the the jorge cruise website and there should still be some downloads up as well. I have problems with caffeine, so I don't really consume it; but the withdrawal will pass. I do my month weigh-in on Feb 1 and I will post pics on my Sparkpage.

Thank you so much for your help Sista. I will go ahead and order the book. Can't wait to read your upcoming update!!
Old 01-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #48  

Height: 5'6"

I *just* learned about The Belly Fat Cure from my intern yesterday. She brought the book in today and it really looks manageable. I am a carb lover and hate eggs but it seems even I will be able to eat a pretty "normal" diet. I have dedicated myself to the South Beach Diet several times over the last few years (lost nearly 40 pounds the first time I did it) but lately it just seems too strict. I would love any tips you guys have for me! I am planning to get started on Monday, Feb 8th.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #49  

OMG.....So I said I wasn't going to weigh myself until Friday. I really just wanted to make sure I wasn't at least gaining weight. Anddd I have lost 5lbs in 3 days! I am so excited! This diet is going to work for me. And I am so encouraged that I have promised myself I will start exercising next week.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:30 AM   #50  
Goodbye baby weight!

S/C/G: 206/ticker/155

Height: 5"3

Wow! Lots of great results!! Congratulations all!
Clearlyfab - I'm also starting on the 8th - so hopefully we'll have good success too!!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #51  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I lost 9 pounds this week! Very happy so far with this diet. Let's hope I can lose a couple more pounds this week to keep the weight loss going!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Hi. I just recieved this book and really looking forward to trying it out... is anyone interested in starting a thread where we can put our daily menus and get ideas from others who are on the BFC? I hope it works for me! I'm nervous... And, Im from Canada so alot of these products he lists in the book aren't available in Canada, especially PEI!!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #53  
Changing behaviours

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
And, Im from Canada so alot of these products he lists in the book aren't available in Canada, especially PEI!!
Try www.thelowcarbgrocery.com for a Canadian source of low carb products (they have PB2!); it's in Ontario, but they deliver. Not everything in the book is available in Canada, but you might be able to order from a US site.

Last edited by Fressca; 01-28-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #54  
Goodbye baby weight!

Hi JennyG - I'd be interested in a menu thread - good idea... I"ll be starting BFC Feb 8th - but am just looking for products in the meantime - I am also in Canada and am having a hard time trying to find many items.... I have found the almond breeze though and it's good!... I'll let you know if I find any other items... the low carb grocer seems to have a few things - they are in toronto and deliver via canada post - so you could check them out too...
Old 01-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #55  
It's My Time

S/C/G: 179.8/178.2/130

Height: 5'1

This sounds like to lifestyle/diet for me!! I started my healthy living on Jan 4th 2010 and as of today, I have only lost 1lb. I workout with my trainer 3-5 times a week and do 30-60min of cardio 3-4 times a week. I have been trying to count calories, but it doesn't seem to be working. I can feel my muscles getting stronger, but my clothes fit the same and the fat isn't going anywhere

After reading this thread, I went through my computer files and came across a pdf file titled "The Belly Fat Cure Special Report" by Jorge Cruise. It is 50 pages long, is this the book or just an article that I have?

You guys are doing a great job losing weight, I hope to join you next week when I start the Belly Fat Cure!! Wish me Luck.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 248/236/135

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

does anybody know how many sugar grams you are supposed to count for a roma tomato? I looked it up and I saw there are 6 grams of sugar in a freakin tomato. Is that right? I love tomatos and would eat them with my spinach salads but i can't if they have that much sugar. I don't actually have the book so I don't know if you are supposed to count the sugar in veggies and tomatos. I mean, should I not have tomatoes? I've lost 10 pounds in just under 3 weeks on this plan. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #57  

Skyootr! Great! another Canadian! love it! I use alot of ezikial products already, and also PC blue menu bagels and english muffins are good as well, low sugar and carb count is normal. You can find lots of stuff at Sobey's or Superstores in the organic and refrigerated section if you can afford it :O. For the almond breeze, have you found unsweetened chocolate almond breeze? I'm thinking on requesting it at my local grocery store.
I don't usually do "fad" diets but I've been stuck since Christmas and gained 5 lbs, still in onderland but its not the same (plus, I quit smoking - day 27!!!!!)
I think a menu idea is excellent - hopefully some ppl will follow along. I am beginning this diet tomorrow, my dad and I, I will keep you all posted!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #58  
Goodbye baby weight!

Hi JennyG - Thanks for the tips - I like the Blue Menu stuff too at Superstore - but I actually haven't checked the sugar/carb counts on them yet! I will next time I'm there. I found the ezikial products at Whole Foods out here and I haven't tried them yet - but am used to using a different sprouted grain bread - so I'll see what I like better... I had trouble finding the unsweetened chocolate almond breeze as well - the stores all had the vanilla and original but no chocolate - I did finally find it at Whole Foods also - not sure if you have one in PEI.

I'm thinking of making the ice cream this weekend - my hubby is an ice cream addict and the kids like it to - so I'll let you know how it goes!

Good luck tomorrow and be sure to check in and let us know how it's going! I'll be right behind you the following week!

Oh ya and good job on quiting smoking!! That's great! Congratulations!

I also have only been able to find the X... (sweetener - I forget the name) at a health food store - the chain grocers don't seem to carry it yet.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
Hi. I just recieved this book and really looking forward to trying it out... is anyone interested in starting a thread where we can put our daily menus and get ideas from others who are on the BFC? I hope it works for me! I'm nervous... And, Im from Canada so alot of these products he lists in the book aren't available in Canada, especially PEI!!
I was nervous too. I will get my book tomorrow. I haven't bought anything unusual except the truvia sweetner. I have just been eating no sugar and keeping my carbs between 40 and 80 grams a day. Plus I upped my fiber intake. I weighed myself tonight and I am down another 3lbs. That is 8 since Monday. I am so excited and encouraged. I am all for a thread for daily posting, although I have been doing that here Good Luck to you!!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #60  

Wow! 8 since Monday - thats fantastic! I have been following the lead of a nutritionist since, well...forever ago! I have lost 90 lbs but I am stuck and as I said quit smoking for new years which has gained me 5 lbs, so my dad and I are going to try this plan for 2 weeks to jump start us. I sat down and wrote us both out a menu for the week and I am going to finally make some recipes out of my hungry girl cookbook, which I am looking forward too. I think this new way of eating is the challenge I need to get past my plateau! Here's to hoping it works for myself and my dad as it has been working for you fellow BFC'ers! I am still shocked with the stats of carrots and peppers ( I love bell peppers!!!) But, am I wrong if I prefer a slice of ezekial bread compared to a 1/2 cup of carrots?!?! lol.
Closed Thread