Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #121  

Is everone having snacks in between the meals? I don't always do that. Also I was thinking I spread my carbs throughout the day and mostly I do but sometimes I don't eat breakfast and double up at lunch. Do you think any of this is slowing the weight loss?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #122  

Oddly enough I snack more when I am at work than when I am at home. But the snacks usually consist of a serving of almonds or some string cheese. I also typically have my carbs in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon. Not sure if skipping breakfast is a good idea. Your body needs some energy to start the morning. I would be so hungry if I skipped breakfast it would most likely drive me to snack on something unhealthy. I would suggest to try your best to have something in the morning. Even if its some whole grain bread and some pre-boiled eggs
Old 02-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #123  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

I just started the BFC yesterday and I am THRILLED with it so far. I'm not hungry and I don't feel deprived. That's HUGE for me.

I need to work on incorporating veggies into my plan and reducing cheese consumption a little. I need to get to the grocery store first so I can do that. LOL

B: 1 low carb tortilla w/1 egg, 1 egg white, 3 slices turkey bacon and about 1/8c of cheddar. Coffee with heavy cream and Truvia. 0/1

S1: Few pieces of shaved parmesan, 6 Cheez Its 0/0

L: Low carb tortilla, turkey, mayo, cheese 0/1

S2: Cheese stick, 27 Cheez Its. 0/1

D: Chicken, avocado 0/0

Dessert: 85% dark chocolate 11/2 (Yes, I had too much. LOL)
Old 02-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - I just finished my 1st week with this plan & lost 1.5# and 2" from my waist. Any thoughts as to why I didn't lose more at the scales?

THanks, everyone
Old 02-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2 View Post
Hi everyone - I just finished my 1st week with this plan & lost 1.5# and 2" from my waist. Any thoughts as to why I didn't lose more at the scales?

THanks, everyone
Wow 2inches from your waist that sounds great I wouldnt worry too much with what the scales say. Did you weigh yourself in the morning? I have noticed a 2-3lb fluctuation throughout the day sometimes so I just weigh myself in the morning. That seems to be the most accurate. Just my thoughts
Old 02-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #126  

Smile Belly fat diet, WHAT?

Mother/son,
Pork and french fries,
fish and mash potatoes
This is eating contrary to any diet I have ever read about. It screams unhealthy....french fries...I don't think french fries should be on any of our eating schedules except for special occassions. Deep fried starch = fat and is cancer causing!
It seems like the common theme to target belly fat is 1) increase your metabolism with protein and vegetables, 2) exercise 3) decrease stress...because stress increases a hormone that promotes belly fat.

seems like the belly fat diet is telling people to eat what they want to here, not what is necessarily healthy. My goal is to get fit and healthy!

compassionately,
Alice
Old 02-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #127  

Hi

Numero1Latino - yes, I weight my in the a.m. before having anything to eat or drink & did diet for 1 complete week & that was my results. I did have some alcohol 2 times during that time so maybe the extra sugar was responsible for not dropping more. Anyway, at least I am heading in the right direction. Thanks for your reply
Old 02-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #128  

Default Don't Hate..Celebrate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice J View Post
Mother/son,
Pork and french fries,
fish and mash potatoes
This is eating contrary to any diet I have ever read about. It screams unhealthy....french fries...I don't think french fries should be on any of our eating schedules except for special occassions. Deep fried starch = fat and is cancer causing!
It seems like the common theme to target belly fat is 1) increase your metabolism with protein and vegetables, 2) exercise 3) decrease stress...because stress increases a hormone that promotes belly fat.

seems like the belly fat diet is telling people to eat what they want to here, not what is necessarily healthy. My goal is to get fit and healthy!

compassionately,
Alice
ALICE J:

Evidently you have not read the book or the diet. Please go to Jorge Cruise.com to read what the diet is about. I would never be so "full" of myself to comment on something before I read what it is about.

Yes, I eat pork chops, ground buffalo, chicken, duck, salmon, shellfish and a host of things.

Yes, I eat potatoes everyday..I actually love them. IF you had studied the program you would know what the diet was about. Also, french fries can be cooked a number of ways..and being the great cook that I am..I do yummy things with them ..Again, as I eat organic in my home..my potatoes are very nutritious and good.

In fact, one of the meals that Jorge talks about is going to McDonalds and having a quarter pounder with cheese (no bun), a small fry and a coffee with cream and Truvia..As I only eat organic meat, this has no appeal for me. But, for those who love McDonalds...ENJOY!

You are not my doctor or my hot, sexy hubby..So, there is no need for you to be concerned. Actually, my doctor, a HARVARD researcher and physician thinks the diet is great because he studies insulin resistance and the pitfalls of sugar, high fructose corn syrup and refined carbs...Oh, yeah, and Dr. Mehmet Oz did write one of the supporting forward sections to the book "The Belly Fat Cure".

I have not had refined sugar or high fructose corn syrup in almost 6 weeks. I am down 25 pounds and I look FIERCE. Instead of counting points or calories and loading up on fat free garbage that is souped up with carbs and sugar. I am eating in a way that has made my body a fat burning machine just as Jorge said it would. I am doing intermediate and advanced cross training exercises daily.... Something I could not do before when I was being "indoctrinated" with that idea that "FAT FREE" foods and counting points were the way to go...Puh-lease!!

Don't hate..Celebrate....and put something good on your plate that will help you lose weight!

Be blessed!

Last edited by SistaDiva2001; 02-11-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #129  

Default Your Weightloss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2 View Post

THanks, everyone
You are doing well. There are so many factors as to why people lose weight differently. Exercise has been a part of my plan since Day 1. Also, I am a Mesomorph/Hourglass and we tend to be soft and able to lose and gain weight and muscle quickly. By incorporating this diet with a lifestyle change of exercise and exercising for my body; I am doing the best for my particular body type.

Although Jorge says "NO exercise", I know me and I believe in working out and exercising. I am averaging 5 pounds a week loss with Cross Training, Aerobics, Resistance and Weightlifting.

I would just journal next week to pay attention to what you are eating and the week after that to compare and then "tweak" based upon which week you had the more successful loss and move forward.

Last edited by SistaDiva2001; 02-11-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

I haven't lost anything since my first week, which was 6 lbs, and thats where I am still at...not sure whats going on, I like this diet, however I miss fruits and I used to eat a lot of vegetables now I find I'm only eating salads instead of cooked ones, which is fine but it does seem strange. Although I understand his process, I miss yogurt and simple things, ya know!? I'm hoping for a big loss next week, so we'll see! Good luck to me I guess! I'm splurging on Valentine's day though because my boyfriend made reservations at a fancy schmancy restaurant that is serving a 4 course meal...how can I say no? I can't and I really don't want too...its our first V-day together so I'd really like to enjoy it, someone tell me thats okay to do?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #131  

Default Valentine's Day and Slow Weightloss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
I haven't lost anything since my first week, which was 6 lbs, and thats where I am still at...not sure whats going on, I like this diet, however I miss fruits and I used to eat a lot of vegetables now I find I'm only eating salads instead of cooked ones, which is fine but it does seem strange. Although I understand his process, I miss yogurt and simple things, ya know!? I'm hoping for a big loss next week, so we'll see! Good luck to me I guess! I'm splurging on Valentine's day though because my boyfriend made reservations at a fancy schmancy restaurant that is serving a 4 course meal...how can I say no? I can't and I really don't want too...its our first V-day together so I'd really like to enjoy it, someone tell me thats okay to do?
Have a great Valentine's Day with your boyfriend. I am sorry your weightloss has stalled. I tried WWs and Southbeach and neither worked for me, but this one works very well. Have you tried Soutbeach? It is another controlled carb program and it allows more fruits and milk/yogurt. It may be just the ticket for you. Not every diet works the same for everyone. I had NO success of WWs and I was always hungry. Southbeach just did work for me either, but I know one lady on another site I am on lost 65 pounds in 6 months with SOuth Beach and cross training/weight training and she looks FABULOUS!! I forgot her site, but I wil email it to you later. Like you, she likes a lot of fruit, veggies and dairy. Now she just basically eats clean and exercises an hour a day..

Remember the best diet is a healthy one you can stick with..There is not "right or wrong" just what is right for you!
Old 02-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #132  

SistaDiva - thanks for your input, greatly appreciated. I will do as you say, and journaly faithfully next week, then compare results.

Thanks, again
Old 02-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

SistaDiva. Thank You!! I actually have the SB book here collecting dust perhaps I'll have a look in it and see what its all about, I'm also going to see my nutritionist tomorrow so I'll mention that to her! When you get a hold of that ladies website, be sure to let me know! Don't get me wrong, I totally like the BFC, but I think for me its only good for 7 days - then I need to move on, it was just the boost I needed and I wanted to help my dad learn what it waslike to be me and dieting lol so that helped even more, he did good - lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks! (for a man who loves his sweets and desert). I eat pretty clean anyways, other than sugar free jello (aspartame). But I eat alot of ezekial products, fresh produce, and most of dressings and what not don't have any sugar in it. Although I won't be following the BFC to exact plan, I do plan on sticking with almond milk and keeping a close eye on my sugar intake! I'll have real milk in my coffee on my weigh in days for a treat!!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #134  

Default Best 4 You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
SistaDiva. Thank You!! I actually have the SB book here collecting dust perhaps I'll have a look in it and see what its all about, I'm also going to see my nutritionist tomorrow so I'll mention that to her! When you get a hold of that ladies website, be sure to let me know! Don't get me wrong, I totally like the BFC, but I think for me its only good for 7 days - then I need to move on, it was just the boost I needed and I wanted to help my dad learn what it waslike to be me and dieting lol so that helped even more, he did good - lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks! (for a man who loves his sweets and desert). I eat pretty clean anyways, other than sugar free jello (aspartame). But I eat alot of ezekial products, fresh produce, and most of dressings and what not don't have any sugar in it. Although I won't be following the BFC to exact plan, I do plan on sticking with almond milk and keeping a close eye on my sugar intake! I'll have real milk in my coffee on my weigh in days for a treat!!
Jenny!

Girl, don't apologize! You have to do the best for you and when you reach your goal it will be "all good".

I am sending you the site in a Private Message.

BFC makes you think about so many things and I am like you, I LOVE Almond milk. Milk was making me fat..I will be honest. I noticed I was drinking 2% milk and that is when I started getting fat. I am done with cow milk...But, some women can lose weight with it. I read something about women over 35 and milk consumption can either make you gain or lose..It made me gain!

I am happy for you finding your own way and that is what it is all about!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #135  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

My weight in yesterday had me losing only one more pound for a total of 12 pounds loss. However I weighed myself this morning and lost another 2 pounds.

I know what happened that I didn't lose more. On Saturday my son was rushed to the hospital (he is fine- bad ski accident that could have resulted in a lot worse problems!) plus I have a sinus infection and both ears are infected so I wasn't feeling too great over the weekend. For two days I didn't stay under the 120 carb rule. I was too upset on Saturday and had a sub that day because I was too drained to cook something low carb and on Sunday it was Superbowl Sunday so I did have an ice cream sundae and a little bit more carbs than my usual daily amount. I think that's why I only lost the one pound for the week. Still- I can't complain as the scale is still heading down instead of up!

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Last edited by Steelslady; 02-12-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Closed Thread