Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 248/236/135

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

hi all, haven't been on here in a week or so and i am feeling good today! I originally lost 8.5 pounds my first week then 2.5 my second week, then nothing then gained 4 back (don't ask me how) and have been holding steady for about 2 weeks now but just this past week i was able to drop 6 pounds so i'm back on track and have lost a total of 12 pounds in just under 6 weeks! Thank the heavens above!a
Old 02-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #167  

I am very interested in this diet and would love to know how you guys are getting your veggies in since I am finding so much sugar. For example, 1c green beans has 4g sugar which I think is high. Fruit is probably going to be really difficult to do since it is sky high in sugar. Unfortunately I love fruit. Any suggestions on low sugar fruit and veggies that I can work into this plan?
Old 02-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #168  

I too love fruit, especially apples and grapefruit. I have several grapefruits I want to use up before doing this plan. I hate to throw them out. With the cost of food, dont want to waste. Ive waited this long for the belly to go away, guess a couple more days wont hurt.

As for low sugar veggies, spinach is good. As is romaine lettuce.

I also noticed that brussel sprouts had sugar in them and celery. How can that be????

When I start the plan I hope to be more helpful to ones.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #169  

Default Low sugar fruit

I think in terms of low sugar fruit you have to stick with berries. In one of the Jorge Cruise videos he recommends Blackberries. Also raspberries and cranberries should be low in sugar. I picked up some Blackberries but are a bit pricey here during the winter for a small package. I wasnt a huge fruit eater before so I cant say I miss it that much.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #170  

Default Take it in Stride

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinmary View Post
I too love fruit, especially apples and grapefruit. I have several grapefruits I want to use up before doing this plan. I hate to throw them out. With the cost of food, dont want to waste. Ive waited this long for the belly to go away, guess a couple more days wont hurt.

As for low sugar veggies, spinach is good. As is romaine lettuce.

I also noticed that brussel sprouts had sugar in them and celery. How can that be????

When I start the plan I hope to be more helpful to ones.
I would recommend not starting the diet until you eat up those things you purchased. It does not make sense to waste food in these hard times. In the book, you get the S/C value of foods. Just "budget" those things and you can still have anything. If I want banana in my shake, I cut a thin slice or two and add it to my protein shake. I hardly ever eat sugar these days, but I had a bite of red velvet cake over the weekend for a celebration and I did not want to offend anyone. First, it tasted awful. If it had been a GREAT Red Velvet cake, I would have had a second bite, but trust me, one was enough.

I am in my 7th week on this diet and certain things just do not appeal to me anymore and I think many of you will find this to happen the longer you do it. I keep Truvia in my purse at all times. When there are no diet options like unsweetened ice tea; I just drink water. I am never "tempted" to go outside this way of eating. Also, I have noticed that my "tongue/stomach/mouth can gage when I have had a enough carbs at a meal. Things are becoming much more intuitive with eating.

I am now into building "muscle" and I expect my weightloss will slow down to about 2 pounds a week which is fine because my goal is overall health, strength, flexibility and toning up the body. Losing 27 pounds has been basically a painless journey in 6.5 weeks. The first two weeks were the hardest because I was exercising and changing my eating at the same time.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #171  

If I may ask, how heavy are you guys here that a loss shows so much? I have around 20-25 pounds that Id like to get rid of.

I suppose each person is different in how fast it comes off.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #172  

Default The Book as Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinmary View Post
If I may ask, how heavy are you guys here that a loss shows so much? I have around 20-25 pounds that Id like to get rid of.

I suppose each person is different in how fast it comes off.
In the book, George has a chart detailing how much a person can lose per week depending on how much weight they want to lose.

I HAD 75 pounds to lose. Now it is 47.5, so I expect my weightloss to be around 3 pounds a week.

But I am also weight training and cross training iel; building muscle. So, that will affect my weightloss in the short term.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 264/222/164

Height: 5'6

Hi everybody! My name is Micki and I have been lurking, waiting for my book in the mail, every store was sold out around here!!!! I started cutting sugar in the middle January, but just about a week ago discovered Jorge's plan. I have lost 17 pounds eating my way and am excited that I can loose even more with Jorge!
I started the 15/6 thing today...I am really looking forward to reading about all the "free" foods I can have. HURRY FED EX!!!!!!

Hope you don't mind me hanging out with you all...sounds like you have been really doing well! Especially you Sista! Thanks everybody! i'll check in again soon!

Micki
Old 02-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #174  

17 pounds and that's before the BFC? Wonderful. If I lost that I'd be thrilled! I love hearing how everyone is doing on the BFC. Some great results to be sure.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 264/222/164

Height: 5'6

Oh! I am totally thrilled with what I have loss so far, although I think the weight loss is mostly from doing the elliptical 3-4 times a week... I mean I have cut way down on sugar...but now that I am using the formula from Jorge...I am hoping the fat melts even a little quicker...
Old 02-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 229/229/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
Welcome Time2Bme!
Where in Canada are you from? Its nice to have other Canadian's here! I'll tell ya, if I could, I'd do my grocery shopping in the states and live here lol, but unfortunetly that isn't going to happen! However I have found some great substitutes at the local grocery store, but its not as easy as just whipping up his recipes in the book without the right ingrediants!

So far, I am loving the BFC, its simple and easy and tasty, except I really miss canteloupe and oranges!!! It's just not worth the S/C value!

Here's to a another great week everyone!! I'm weighing in tomorrow - hope its good! except, I had alot of sodium today, I feel its more than usual so we'll see!!
Hi Jenny G, sorry I didn't respond earlier. I live in Ontario. I probably have more at my disposal than you do living in PEI, but I think it will still be challenging.

Did any of you sign up for the BFC diet for Women over 40? According to his video it will work for women under 40 as well, but it is specifically made to help us with those dreaded hormones that are going crazy at this age. He also did a phone interview with Dr. Christine Northrup. She said that the BFC diet is what has allowed her to maintain her diet. She highly recommends it. I love her - that alone was enough for me to sign on. I'm a little nervous about not being allowed to eat a lot of fruit. I love fruit !

The diet is starting on Monday March 1st and runs for 6 weeks. You can buy two plans. One only contains the daily menu's and the other has the complete online support (at a cost of course). Unfortunately, because I only have 19 posts, I can't attach the link to the diet, but it is on the Jorge Cruise site.

The shopping lists for the menus are being sent out on Friday 26Feb10 to allow you to get ready for the Monday start. Unfortunately we're going to be away all weekend, so I'm not going to be able to do any shopping ahead of time. It may mean a late start to the diet, but it is better than not starting at all.

According to the video, the menus won't contain any speciality foods. It is supposed to be made up of items you can buy from any grocery store.

I have been so scared of starting yet another diet (and fail) that I put off starting. When I saw the over 40 one, I figured that it was now or never and signed up.

All of you guys are such an inspiration ... I hope I can be as successful.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #177  
Goodbye baby weight!

S/C/G: 206/ticker/155

Height: 5"3

Hi girls - I'm in Canada too - BC to be exact!

don't know if you have Astro products out your way - but Astro makes a Balkan yogurt that is only 3 sugars per 1/2 cup!! so that is a low one if your interested!

time2bme - did you make it into Jorge's program? I had wanted to sign up for the menu's but wouldn't you know it my computer crashed thursday night and by the time I was able to log in again on Monday it was all full! I'd love to take a peak at some of your menus when you get them - if you don't mind sharing!?

I'll keep posting any good products that I find out west.....
Old 02-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #178  
Indian Princess

Hello everyone. I bought both the 3hr diet and the Belly Fat Cure. He has contradicted himself by saying low carb diets dont work, but in the Belly Fat Cure, it is a low carb diet (I think it is a modified Atkins). I also notice in the 3hr Diet he said splenda was ok to use, now in the Belly Fat Cure, he says no. I still believe in true weight loss in counting calories. I have been more aware of labels and try to eat high fiber/protein foods and watch my sugar intake. It is an ok plan, but I feel in another 2-3years he will come out with another book rebutting what he wrote in these two book. I have lost 14lbs since 1/1/10, but first counting my calories (around 1800) a day, six meals (3 meals and 3 snacks). So as far as this diet the Belly Fat Cure, I am not impressed, but it does seem to work for other...Good Luck to you all.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #179  

S/C/G: Before:201 Now:178 Goal: 150

Height: 5'1

I'm gonna ask a question that no one ever seems to want to answer... AGE.

How old are you all doing this plan? Does age have anything to do with it? I notice he caters to women over 40...will it work for a 22 year old?
Old 02-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #180  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dierkingl View Post
Hello everyone. I bought both the 3hr diet and the Belly Fat Cure. He has contradicted himself by saying low carb diets dont work, but in the Belly Fat Cure, it is a low carb diet (I think it is a modified Atkins). I also notice in the 3hr Diet he said splenda was ok to use, now in the Belly Fat Cure, he says no. I still believe in true weight loss in counting calories. I have been more aware of labels and try to eat high fiber/protein foods and watch my sugar intake. It is an ok plan, but I feel in another 2-3years he will come out with another book rebutting what he wrote in these two book. I have lost 14lbs since 1/1/10, but first counting my calories (around 1800) a day, six meals (3 meals and 3 snacks). So as far as this diet the Belly Fat Cure, I am not impressed, but it does seem to work for other...Good Luck to you all.
Hi!

He addresses that in the book as well as on his website. He says he likes to keep current and read upon health and nutrition. He cites numerous studies about how he came up with this approach.

Weight Watchers has changed its approach several times and I always find it amusing when someone says, "WWs works! I have been on it several times! *lol* Atkins has different versions. South Beach has been revised. There are several different ways to do Gastric Bypass..Change is inevitable with any diet over time.

Not every diet is for everybody. Counting points or calories never worked for me. It was not calories that was the problem for me or my son. SUGAR is not a food group in my book and by restriction, I have found what works.

No one diet is going to fit everyone's needs. It is best to figure out what works for you and celebrate those who try a different approach. If counting calories works for you..continued success!!
Closed Thread