Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 212/178/160

Welcome Jennifer!!! I'm sure you can do this.

Asack, it really could be water. Did they do the Tinita scale on you that tells you how much water, fat, etc. you have. That has been a big help for me when I have a gain. Today, as I said before, I had a 1/2 lb. gain but the Tinita said I have lost 7 1/2 lbs. of fat in the last 10 days. That kept me from going and having a quarter pounder!!!

We can all do this!!! It helps me having 2 girls on my tennis team who I can see their success in person. One lost 47lbs. in 5 months and looks great. The other has lost 30lbs in about 3 months. They told me to look at this like it is my job!!! Commit for the time it takes and we will see the results.

You are all in my prayers as we do this!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:29 PM   #347  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Oreo,
Oh my gosh! Don't you dare quit!!! I've been doing this darn program for 3 weeks and have only lost 7 pounds. But when I stepped on the Tanita scale it showed a huge weight loss and muscle gain. Don't worry about the scale, girl! And if it bothers you that much, tell them you want to weigh in on the Tanita scale. You've done an amazing job!!!

Here's a fluffy white thing for each pound you've lost and will never see again!

Celebrate!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:57 PM   #348  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoparent View Post

I just got back from wi.
Only lost 0.8 lbs
Wah!
They told me how I could switch some foods around to help me, but I wish they had mentioned it before. I have been eating the same way since the beginning.
I feel like quitting. My health problems and dietary problems are enough to deal with. Now they want me to limit my choices more. I already can only eat 10 things on the beige menu!!!!!!
Sorry just want to vent.
Not feeling well. The smoke from the wildfires in Georgia are killing my sinuses.
My birthday is May 12. I told my hubby that I did not want to celebrate my birthday since I can't have cake, etc. It's just too depressing.
Somebody tell me some good news so I can stop having my little ole pity party
i understand about not wanting to celebrate your birthday. i started the plan jan 5th and my b-day is jan 7th. i begged my mom to not get me a cake, and my family not to celebrate and just give me $ to go towards my plan. but they got me a cake and who ate a lot of it... me. then feb 2,4,5,8,16 i have family b-days so we have a party like every weekend in feb so there was more cake. then on march 16th my grandmother turned 75 so there was more cake then we went on a cruise where there was more and more.. and cake is my weakness completely. on my days that i feel like crap i just want to go to the store buy a mini cake and eat it in my car and cry. (havent done it yet.. just gone to sonic, and not planning on it) but you should ask your family to take you to a nice dinner and not order dessert or bread, etc.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 259/240/155

Height: 5"3'

Oreo, you should plan something for your birthday. And if you are worried you will get cake, say it's my birthday and I don't want cake, and if you don't think that's enough to convince them, say I've been trying my hardest to eat on this plan, and if there is cake around it will really sabotage my efforts. Now you really do need to celebrate it's a day all about you. You should ask for a message or a manicure or a pedicure, or something else that you would really enjoy and never get, unrelated to food of course. Personally, I would go with the pedicure, (perfect timing with summer) that's what I got last year for my birthday (for the first time) It was amazing, made me feel like a queen, so that is what I am treating myself after my first 10% weight loss.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:42 PM   #350  

Default How effective is MRC program?

A friend mentioned to me the Metabolic Research Center program, and I've read through a lot of the posts, but I still have some questions. Most of the posts seem to be from women that have 80, 100 or more pounds to drop. The initial weight losses look incredible, but then the losses seem to stop. Is this program good for the long run or only for the first initial drop? Does the MRC program work if one has only 20 or 30 pounds to lose? Is it safe if one is hypothyroid and taking a natural thyroid medication? The idea of a daily intake as low as 800 calories is a little scary....what's happened to me in the past is that my body thinks I'm starving it and goes into starvation mode, holding onto every last thing, and I gain weight! I'll appreciate your advice and guidance before deciding if I want to visit the local MR center.\
Thank you!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 212/178/160

Steel Dove, Look through my posts. I can't explain everything again because it's complicated but my body does a lot of what you say yours does. I joined MRC to learn how to eat MORE. I eat more on this than I have in years.

As far as someone only needing to loose 20-30lbs. One of the girls on my tennis team lost 30 in about 2 months and looks fantastic.

This is truely the best program I've ever come across.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:20 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 278/160/140

Height: 5'5"

steel dove. i am hypothyroid also and its a little harder to lose than the average person but can be done. i find i was very afraid and i did go into starvation mode but that was because i was exercising way more than i should have and the small calories were not enough to handle. do you log in somewhere to check your calories? cheese depending on what brand can have as much as 100 cals per 1 oz. your drinks have around 150 or more too so its a little more than 800 it should actually be closer to 1000. not sure what plan they might be putting you on to know for sure. i am on the low carb plan so i probably get a little more than others.
you should be able to go check it out for no cost and they will explain it to you on how it works and amount of calories before actually paying for program.at least my center does.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:53 PM   #353  

as far as i know the centers offer a free consultation before you start. they do a health questionare and stuff too. i have lost 27 lbs on program so far and i only have 38 or so left to go. so over all i am going to lose about 60 lbs. it is a wonderful program if you stick to it.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:04 PM   #354  

Thumbs up Thank you!

Thanks for the responses, Ladies. You've convinced me that I'd have nothing to lose by contacting the local MRC and scheduling a free consultation.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:34 PM   #355  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

So it'll be a month on this program on the 26th and guess what???? I'm giving away my first bag of too big clothes! This is a way cool thrill! In fact, I just bought a pair of jeans on ebay that are still in the laundry - I never got the chance to wear them! My t-shirts are hanging, my pants are literally falling off! I don't have to unbutton them to take them off! SO COOL! Remember girls, I have only lost 7 pounds according to the scale. I haven't weighed in a week, so it will be slightly higher than that, but the point is - this works!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #356  

Do you mind if I post here for accountability? I was on the Metabolic program a couple of years ago and it worked well for me but for some reason I didn't follow through like I should have. Anyway, I am re-starting (again) on pre-conditioning tomorrow on my own. I still have my materials, and some of the drinks. I'm going to do this on my own for now. Is it okay to post here if I'm following the plan but not going to the center? You seem like a great group and I've gotten some good tips and info from reading all of the posts.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #357  

S/C/G: 220/150

Height: 5'7''

Default What is your miracle supplement/tip?

I have been on the MRC diet long enough that I should be out shopping for new clothes-BUT if I eat one more friggin piece of chicken I am going to scream! (I am not big on red meats)
I have been cheating here and there- nothing close to what I used to do, just enough to maintain.
Anyone tips on what was your magic trick or supplement?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #358  

corti-trim, msm and mrc-6 are my fav supplements they offer. how long have you been on mrc?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #359  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Default Welcome mom2tyler!

Am I to understand that you are not going to sign up with MRC again?
This message board is not maintained by MRC so write to us as much as you like. Some time back someone posted the following sites that have items that either look like some of our supplements or have some of the pills/liquids.
Let us know what you do and how it goes.We all might find ourselves "in a spot" again and need to lose some w/o the direct help of MRC.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:24 AM   #360  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Default much better!

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I feel so much better now. Please forgive me for being such a whiney-baby. I am having some BIG issues personally and the wi was the last straw. I was an emotional mess. If that ever happens again I am going to postpone the wi until I am better. Thanks for putting up with me.
Closed Thread