Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 06:08 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 278/160/140

Height: 5'5"

windy
you are human and no one is ever 100 percent. it happens i know i admit it happened to me before. especially if TOM was trying to rear his ugly head. you pass on that day for you can not change it . today is a new day start fresh and don't dwell on the past.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:57 PM   #332  
Living Happily Ever After

S/C/G: 229/tracker/133

Height: 5'3

windy I agree with skinnyme. And look at the good you have accomplished. Before MRC would you have thrown away a free pie... No Thats willpower and something to be proud of. Just keep on we all have rough days.

Last edited by aszimmer1; 04-19-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:42 PM   #333  

Windy, Don't be hard on yourself.......... I think we have all been there and cheated. Guys, I started the diet 11 days ago and after the first week only lost 2lbs. and I was so disappointed. I get on the scales today and I've lost 8lbs. and I'm so excited!!!!!!! I also had a job interview and I put on my suit and the pants were loser and I felt more confident. I know that may sound silly but I lose confidence when my clothes are tight and I feel like every bulge is coming out. So I could really tell that I lost some inches in my belly so it made the 8Lbs. even more exciting to me.
Okay, can you tell me about the meal replacement bars. Lately I don't have time to eat at lunch. Is this crispy bar you talk about Skinnymeinside a meal replacement or a snack? That sounds like something that would be great for me. I'm getting more will power as the clothes get loser!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:01 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 259/240/155

Height: 5"3'

Skinnymeinside-
I don't know what I would do if I couldn't exercise. I have an idea for you to try, not sure if you'll like it as much as me but anyway. Go to your local library and check out a pilates DVD. Pilates is my favorite kind of exercise and you don't have to do much with your feet, it's mostly all sitting or laying. And it's great for your abdomen. My favorite DVD is Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates (I got it for $8 at Walmart.) But I've heard other people say that they really like Pilates for Dummies. It's definetly hard the first few times around, but after pilates, I learned how to engage my core and get a really good workout no matter what type of exercise I do. I can go for a walk and return home really feeling it in my abdomen. Great job with a loss and good luck!

On a completely different note, I have my food class tomorrow. I've been doing the pre-conditioning for a week now (and hardcore too), with my typical dieting results, down part of a pound. (At that pace it would take me over two years to reach my goal--I think I would burnout without quicker results.) So, I'm looking forward to some new changes to my diet in order to really lose. I'm going to have to if I want to get to my August goal. I don't know if I can get tired of chicken, just the buying and cooking it part.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:03 PM   #335  

8 pounds deserves props Macys mom!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:24 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 212/178/160

I feel like I'm stalling. I'm doing everything the same but I don't feel the difference I felt at first. It's not a problem, as I will stay on the program whatever. I was just wondering if you big loosers (ie.skinnyme etc.) hit this platue after a month or so? How long did it last before you picked up again etc.?

Still feeling great though!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:11 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 239/239/165

Default BIG loss this week.

Hey guys. as I've posted before, this was my first week on the program. Well i weighed in for the first time on Day 5. I lost 7.5 pounds in 4 days! holy cow. haha I am doing my 2nd weigh in of the week tomorrow. Can't wait to see if the scale has moved or not. I love this program!!! haha And yes, I know the weight loss will slow down, but it is definitely a motivator here in the beginning.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:49 AM   #338  

yes the bar is a meal replacement bar its pretty good when on the run. i used to take them with me to the gym so after i worked out i could eat it. my center says no more than 3 x a week and not to eat them w/ a day you eat a creamie either. not sure if thats the same or not at all centers.
shayh yes i plateued quite a bit. there were times i lost nothing at all or just .5 for the whole week. overall in the end it did balance out. i will tell you though once i got under 200 the weight loss really slowed down quite a bit. so don't fret the slow weeks just keep doing it right and your body will catch back up.
amy thanks for the idea i think i will hit the library today and see what they have. i did my strength tape just skipped the part for the feet on the right and did the left. lol
have a great weekend and heres to a new week of great wi's and losses.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:59 AM   #339  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! I love the meal replacement bars. Yummmm. I'm not hungry at lunch, so that's a plus too. The chocolate peanut butter ones are the best imo.

I have been white knuckling this program for three weeks. I finally cheated my heart out. It was everything I thought it would be. We went to Red Lobster and I had a salad, 3 rolls, and a few chocolate martinis (yum). THEN I stopped at CVS and bought a big bag of peanut butter M&M's. I only ate a few though, cuz I was stuffed! So I went out Wednesday, didn't gain on Thursday. This morning it looks like I lost a pound or so, which for me is about normal. I don't feel bad about it, but now I'm going to try to stay the course as long as I can. So that's my confession.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #340  

Way to go Texas!!!!

Thanks skinnyme for the pep talk. I wi today but again it was after tennis and I always weigh more then. I was up 1/2lb. so I asked them to Tinita me and it said that in the last 10 days I've lost 7 1/2 lbs. of fat!!! That helped me not feel bad. I know when I go in Monday the scales will be kinder because I will not have played tennis.

I am going to stick with fish every night for a while. They said that can often get you out of a platue. I also go monday to have my labs done again. I'm hoping the cortisol is normal and my cholesterol has dropped. I've lost 18 lbs. since my last labs so hopefully it will show in the blood. I would love to get off Vytorin but I know I have heredity to contend with.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #341  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I just got back from wi.
Only lost 0.8 lbs
Wah!
They told me how I could switch some foods around to help me, but I wish they had mentioned it before. I have been eating the same way since the beginning.
I feel like quitting. My health problems and dietary problems are enough to deal with. Now they want me to limit my choices more. I already can only eat 10 things on the beige menu!!!!!!
Sorry just want to vent.
Not feeling well. The smoke from the wildfires in Georgia are killing my sinuses.
My birthday is May 12. I told my hubby that I did not want to celebrate my birthday since I can't have cake, etc. It's just too depressing.
Somebody tell me some good news so I can stop having my little ole pity party
Old 04-20-2007, 06:47 PM   #342  

hey oreo i know how you feel. we are only about 30 miles from the fire itself. the smoke here is just plain awful. i kept looking for rain all day but with no luck.
my birthday is may 14th and dont let not having cake cause you not to celebrate. celebrate that you will be thinner by your birthday that you are getting better looking not older. you can do this. the losses will be up and down but overall it will work out for you.
congrats shay thats awesome fat loss. i am sure you will do great this wi.

Last edited by skinnymeinside; 04-20-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:44 PM   #343  

Oreo, look at my losses... they've slowed too but I know it's temporary. Stick with this!!! I had my birthday last month and had a great dinner out of Sea bass and greenbeans with a wonderful salad. I splerged with the wine and still was able to have a loss.

Don't have a breakdown!!! You'll get back to losses just as I will. Did you ever get my e-mail I sent you?

I also understand the smoke. I've had 2 tennis matches this week in this. Weds. was the worse. I'm really feeling it in my lungs. 2 of my neighbors have been hospitalized with pneumonia this week.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 182/160/145

Height: 5'9"

Default newbie

Well I am totally new at this, but have read all of your posts and this seems to be an awesome support group. I am a little worried about this program working because I am only signed up to lose 37 pounds. Last night was my consultation, measure and all that. I got the all day, flax, & mrc6. So next Friday I will go back for my nutrition class and get the menu i guess. I hope this works, the total with supplements last night was $398, that stresses me out. I haven't even gotten any of the drinks yet. But I am determined, so i am sure it will work!! You all have such encourageing stories, I hope I can add to them.!! Good Luck!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #345  

So, just got back from the center. At WI I gained four pounds. I don't know why. I followed preconditioning to a T. However, I got the white menu and I'm starting the real thing now. They said it was all water retention. We will see. P.S. I'm not changing my ticker. It's not staying up. I will change my ticker at next WI.
Closed Thread