Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:12 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 259/240/155

Height: 5"3'

Hey all, I went to WI, down 2.5 pounds. And, I won a free week of treatment. So, that will help me reach my goal and may possibly get to go to maintenence after this first round. (I would have had to average 4.33#/wk now I have to average 4.16#/wk. Great stuff.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 163/156.8/135

Height: 5'4

Smile

I get Buffalo at my local health food store (and I live in the sticks!).

Day 3 on the program and I am very tired and hungry! But my period is due on Friday and I wonder how much that has to do with it.

The no caffeine thing sucks too . I need a lot of mental energy to do my job.

Ok, enough whining...good news is I am down 3 water weight pounds. Yey.

Hey, does Amanda still post here?

Congrats Asack on your loss!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:41 PM   #468  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

At wi today I had lost 2.2 lbs!!!!!!!
I am still not sure if we are going to Disney on Wed. - Sat. Still waiting to hear from the cancer doctor about my mom's appt. They should tell me something tomorrow. I will write more tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #469  

Kaly I hear you on the no caffiene thing. I'm a popaholic, but I won't drink no sodium no caffiene pop. I'm picky about it so I'm going pop free---so far 10 days! And they told me at my center that people are going to do what they are going to do, and if you choose to drink pop the caffiene will just be one more thing that will slow your system down from losing weight. I know that it's a good change to kick the habbit so I'm behind you! It does seem to get easier, and I definitely don't notice a change in my energy level....In fact I have more energy in the morning than I did when I was a pop drinker.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #470  

Well here is the crazy thing. They say no caffeine but some of their supplements have caffeine in them. I think guarana means caffeine. It's either that (and I think it is) or ephedra..I'll double check in a minute.

BUT, if some of their supplements that they push have it, I may just have to go ahead and have my caffeinated green tea!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #471  

Ah yes, here it is courtesy of Wikipedia:

In addition to other chemicals, the guaraná plant contains caffeine (sometimes called "guaranine"), theophylline, and theobromine. Water extracts of the guarana plant are central nervous system stimulants due to the caffeine content.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:00 AM   #472  

S/C/G: 278/160/140

Height: 5'5"

good morning congrats on the great losses so far.
i went cold turkey on the soda thing too the first time around. i drank nothing but plain water for 4 mos. lost 46lbs that time. than i discovered that diet rite wasn't so bad after not having anything at all. at first all diet sodas were nasty to my taste buds. funny how our bodies change after getting rid of the bad.
caffeine can slow down losses and so can the carbonation in the soda too. weird huh? just depends on your system. the carbonation makes you bloaty.
i had a good workout in the pool yesterday i liked it. all except the bathing suit part lol.
have a good day everyone.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:37 AM   #473  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey Gang! Let's keep up those loses!
I never really drank much soda before the diet. Now, when I am craving something sweet, I have some diet rite. They have the following flavors at my store:
cola, kiwi-strawberry (my husband's favorite), tangerine, black cherry, and my favorite - white grape. The white grape smells and taste's like Welch's Grape soda!

I fill my glass with lots of shaved ice and then put enough soda in the glass so that I have a slushy-like drink. I do this a few nights a week.
Still haven't heard about an appt.. for my mom with the cancer doctor. Still do not know if hubby and I are heading to Disney tomorrow. Ugh! I need patience!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:51 AM   #474  

S/C/G: 278/160/140

Height: 5'5"

sorry to hear those drs are dragging their feet. man i hate that. as for diet rite here we have cola, tangerine and white grape. havent seen any others around. but i have learned to like the cola flavor.i would love the black cherry or at least think i would lol.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #475  

Height: 5'6

if you guys are in the south we are allowed to have diet check from winn dixie. they have a whole lot more flavors too!
Old 05-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #476  
Living Happily Ever After

S/C/G: 229/tracker/133

Height: 5'3

Went in for WI this morning. 1 lb lost. Its TOM and I am not sure if that is slowing me down. They recommended a supplement. Does anyone have any thought?

Husband is off now until he leaves for deployment and I am really going to be struggling this week with a feeder in the house, TOM and stress with him leaving. Wish me luck.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 182/160/145

Height: 5'9"

Well I went for wi on Friday evening, and had lost 2.5 on pre-conditioning week, that's cool! So instead of starting my day 1-4 on Sat. while out of town for the weekend, I started it today. So actually I just stayed on preconditioning for 3 extra days, I didn't want to blow it from the beginning!! The clear drinks are okay, but I don't like the smell!! I think I need to get a food scale, I've never really thought about how much 2oz of cheese is or however much it is you can have at first!! Well, everyones losses are great, I just hope I am not disappointed this Friday when I go weigh in for putting of my first real day until after the weekend!! I am about to start some serious exercising as well. Walking 3 miles in the afternoon after work just doesn't seem to be enough, I think I need to do some target exercises for certain stubborn areas!! Good Luck everyone with losses!!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 212/178/160

If you invest in a scale get one with a "tare" button. This allows you to put your plate on the scale then push "tare" and the scale sets back to 0. It takes a lot of work out of weighing the food.

Well, we talked about cheating ourselves earlier this week. No details but I cheated myself today. Seven weeks on plan with one "cheat" for wine on my birthday and I've blown today. No real reason other than I was very weak!!! I'll get back strict tomorrow. Can't come this far and let one day set me back.

Also, I have ripped several muscles in my chest wall on the left side (thought I was having a heart attack). I can't play tennis for at least a month. This is very hard for me but at least this year's season of competition is over.

For those of you with husbands about to deploy, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to you and your men. My father was a green beret during vietnam. I know the pains of separation for this country and you are most certainly in my prayers!!!! You're going to look FANTASTIC when they return
Old 05-01-2007, 10:20 PM   #479  

Hey everyone just wondering if anyone does the fiber drinks and know how much they are. They told me I could do up to three/day and that would automatically burn an extra 83cal/drink. I figured out that it would be 250cal/day and would add up to 1/2 pound by the end of the week. So over my 24 weeks I could potentially lose an extra 12 pounds that I wouldn't have. I just don't know if that would justify the cost? I can't afford them right now. I'm completely broke. And rent/utilities/bills are all due now So I'm just trying to figure out how to make it through the next couple of weeks of school and get everything paid for. Summer won't be a problem. I will be able to work as much as I want through both of my jobs. I really think that doing the fiber drinks would save me from re-enrolling. So that brings up another question, how much is it to re-enroll?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #480  

I'm guessing it would be re-enrolling for 6 weeks....anyone know the cost?
Closed Thread