Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #301  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello all! Wow - everyone is doing so well. Get this - I, MICHELLE, lost 2.5 pounds!!! Yay me!!!!!! This is my biggest loss so far. The better news is that I fit into a pair of pants that I couldn't pull up my thighs just 2 weeks ago! WOW. A coworker today commented that I have lost weight! Thanks for helping through the slow period. I'm hoping the loss increases now. Otherwise, I'll make them weigh me on the fancy scale every two weeks to keep my motivation up.

Random thought - can we have grapes??

Yay TexasNurse!

In other news - is there a newbie complaining about 6 pounds of water loss?? Amy honey IT'S SIX POUNDS!!! Be happy! Water, fat, who cares? It takes up space and makes you look fluffy. Celebrate and quit being so hard on yourself!

I like the peanut butter bars and the mint bars. I heard they tasted like Girl Scout Cookies, which is a filty lie, but yes, they're good.

Oreo, there are a bunch of recipes for soup in the cookbook. It's only 11 bucks I think. Here's one -
Pepper Chicken Mushroom Soup
4 oz chicken
4 oz (combined) mushrooms, broccoli, and celery
1 pkg chicken bouillon supplement
8 oz water
pepper, thyme, and basil

Sprinkle chicken with seasonings and nuke for 10 minutes. Combine bouillon, water and veggies in pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Add chicken. Simmer 20-30 minutes until veggies are tender. Enjoy!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:06 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 259/240/155

Height: 5"3'

I think that it is amazing to see how much weight people have lost! I love just reading through to see where people started and where they are now. Skinnymeinside 100 pounds that is amazing you must be so proud of yourself. I'm proud of you! How long did that take? And all of that was through MRC? And how much do you lose/wk now?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 212/178/160

Michelle, I'm so thrilled for you!!!! It's the inch loss that has really amazed me too. I may not see as much on the scales but I sure see it in my clothes.

I asked my councilor about that today and she said it was the MRC-6. It is a "fat emulsifier" (?sp) and that it absorbs 900x's it's weight in fat. She told me that her husband is a thin man but had a gut that he just couldn't get rid of. He started just taking the MRC-5 last month and the gut is almost gone.

My husband is also a very healthy man (he works out for 2 hours every morning at 5am) but has a gut too. He is starting the MRC-6 today. He would like to loose it by the time we go on our cruise next month. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:58 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 278/160/140

Height: 5'5"

wow great losses this week everyone.
asack no it wasn't all through mrc but a good majority of it was. it is a grand feeling i look back at the pictures all the time. sometimes its funny because my military id is the old me and when i try to get on base sometimes they do a double take and i have to assure them its me. i even had to pull out my drivers licence once. it was pretty funny.
it has taken me over a year to lose it i started feb of last year with mrc. this is my second go round with them. i find i averaged around 2.5lbs a week when it was over the first time.
everyone is doing so good. here is to a great wi's the rest of this week.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #305  
Living Happily Ever After

S/C/G: 229/tracker/133

Height: 5'3

WI in today 2.5 lbs lost . I adjusted my signaure to reflect my 17 week goal so I feel alittle less stressed over big numbers.

Skinnyme You made me laugh about the military id thing. My weight is an old weight from 5 years ago on it they never ask me to update the info so I am looking forward to the day I meet/beat the much lower number on my military. ID.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #306  

congrats on the loss today. my id expires in june so hoping for a good pic this time around. lol. i think they are worse than a drivers licence.
i can't wait to watch your ticker move down.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #307  
Amber3014

S/C/G: 204/161/150

Height: 5' 6"

I'm down 9.5 pounds, and this is "Day 11" for me on the plan (not counting pre-conditioning)! Keep up the good work, everyone!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:47 PM   #308  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

SouthernGal - WAY TO GO!!!! You earned the dancing carrot! Are you working out?

Skinnyme and Shay you are still my heroes!!!

Aszimmer - great idea about the ticker, but I'd feel like a schlub saying my goal is 219...

I hate to work out. That's all I have to say.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:35 PM   #309  

I went to WI today and for yoga. I had to change my ticker because according to the center I've only lost one pound, so that was not as exciting as what I had expected, but yoga was amazing. I'm just looking forward to friday, that's when I have my eating class and learn what to do to lose. On a brighter note, I really think those pills work. I was skeptical, but amazingly, I can see a visible difference in my midsection in just 4 days.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:13 PM   #310  

Default Raw veggies

Do you absolutely have to eat raw veggies/salads? I've had it up to my ears with that and chicken!!!

I must confess I've been "off" for about a week. Got a stomach virus and then couldn't get back to the program. I can't get excited about salads/raw veggies at the moment!!

Wanda
Old 04-17-2007, 10:44 PM   #311  
Amber3014

S/C/G: 204/161/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle127 View Post
SouthernGal - WAY TO GO!!!! You earned the dancing carrot! Are you working out?

Skinnyme and Shay you are still my heroes!!!

Aszimmer - great idea about the ticker, but I'd feel like a schlub saying my goal is 219...

I hate to work out. That's all I have to say.
Thanks! I'm not working out yet. I plan to start weights, but have not yet.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:19 PM   #312  

hey mom2teens, my center suggested tilapia. It's great, quick, and easy. If you like fish ask them about it.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:29 AM   #313  

S/C/G: 212/178/160

Mom2teens,

I must admit, I don't eat as many veggies as I should. I try to have them with my wraps as much as possible. I do a LOT of green beans. I boil them in the chicken bullion supplement.

I too had the stomache virus last week. My problem was not eating enough and then when I did eat all I could do were eggs for a day or two. When I woke up hungry (finally) on Sunday I eat everything all day!!! I just said "oh well, I guess my body needed refuling and get back on track Monday". That's what I did and I had still lost that 1 pound. I hope wi Friday shows I've been back on track the rest of the week.

Don't beat yourself up about last week. Just move on to this week!!! and you'll be fine.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #314  

michelle127 thanks for your kindness.
i know i can not stand veggies i wont lie. but i try to save my cheese and use it to cover most of them that i will eat. i have learned though i love raw spinach and i use it in my salads everyday. i love talipia i bought a george forman grill just perfect for me and i live off turkey burgers, and talipia and chicken. yes you can get bored quickly so try a lot of different spices. i broil a flank steak and then eat it for dinner and use the leftovers in a salad the next day. same with pork loin. i take a hard boiled egg mix it with dijionaisse and put it on my toast for breakfast. sort of an egg salad. tuna is good also. i learned to like it with the dijionaisse also or plain mustard.
i am off to wi now. have a great day.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #315  

Good luck skinnymeinside and everyone else planning on WI today!
Closed Thread