Old 01-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 184.7/TICKER->/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone... Day 2 of HNS. Not so bad, thought they would be more filling or even thicker but I do add quite a lot of water to make sure I get full more. Im thinking about trying the clear chicken boullion but Im afraid. I dont know how much water to add, Im assuming warm water too because they would be a little odd.
CMARTY: How long did it take you to loose your weight? Was it pretty significant and quick?

Does this diet have vegetarian menus? That would be nice too.
konacoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I hope you all are doing well.

I did good through the weekend, which was a small concern of mine because I have so much free time on the weekends I was worried I might snack but I'm proud to say I did not! I've tried at least one of each of the flavors of HNS I bought (except the creamies, can't have until after Wednesday) and so far nothing I can't stand.

konacoral - I have read about a vegetarian menu from a few posts on here, not sure if they can be intermixed so might call your center and ask them for one.
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #78  

FYI FOR ALL
I did talk to MRC and they said I can intermix the VEGGIE MENUs with the regular menus - I just need to stick to veggie that whole day.
I should be getting that menu over email today.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Konacoral,
It took about 4 months. I started on July 29 and did great until Thanksgiving! I am back on plan now! I hope to lose the remainder of my weight by March! This is the greatest program. Just stick with it and I promise you will lose...and it is so worth it. I feel so much better and I know you will too! Try not to go off until you are finished,,it is so hard to get back on the full program!
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #80  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Started stabilization today. So far so good. Weighed in today with a 3 lb loss which puts me at 128 lbs. Crazy. Haven't gone down in clothing size so I'm not sure where the pounds are coming from. I've been warned my weight will fluctuate during this process so I'm not going to update my avatar.

I've started entering my meals into the "MyFitnessPal" website (there is also an app). Since I'll move to a calorie base in maintenance I wanted to get a feel for the calorie counts of the meals I've been preparing on this program. I anticipate continuing to make many of the same food choices once I'm out there eating "in the wild", as they say in the Connections classes.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #81  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Started stabilization today. So far so good. Weighed in today with a 3 lb loss which puts me at 128 lbs. Crazy. Haven't gone down in clothing size so I'm not sure where the pounds are coming from. I've been warned my weight will fluctuate during this process so I'm not going to update my avatar.

I've started entering my meals into the "MyFitnessPal" website (there is also an app). Since I'll move to a calorie base in maintenance I wanted to get a feel for the calorie counts of the meals I've been preparing on this program. I anticipate continuing to make many of the same food choices once I'm out there eating "in the wild", as they say in the Connections classes.
Going4Fit: Hey congratulations on moving on to a maintainer! I've been on it for over a week and was confused at first but spoke with my counselor and now i'm on it! I've used myfitnesspal for a year and love it, and its nice i can print off my days and take with me to weigh in at my center!!! Goodluck!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
Konacoral,
It took about 4 months. I started on July 29 and did great until Thanksgiving! I am back on plan now! I hope to lose the remainder of my weight by March! This is the greatest program. Just stick with it and I promise you will lose...and it is so worth it. I feel so much better and I know you will too! Try not to go off until you are finished,,it is so hard to get back on the full program!
Thanks for getting back to me. Thats just amazing. I couldn't even imagine today that I could be down to 135-145 again. Today when people look at me they cant believe I weigh 181. Maybe thats whats caused me to not be dedicated in the past as far as nutrition goes.
I enjoy the gym and I am "dealing" with the fact I can only go 3 times a week.
Like I said, its probably good so I dont go into burn out mode.
I started taking metamucil because I dont like the irregularity. Its not been fun. Any suggestions OUT THERE?
Im drinking probably more water then I need and lots of good greens, but uggh
Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #83  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check in. I went cross country skiing over the weekend so needed a few extra carbs (dried apricots) to keep from bonking. I had an on plan lunch, though. Went to friends for dinner, which is always tricky, but I did the best I could. With all the skiing, I'm sure I didn't over eat calorie wise, but probably was knocked out of ketosis. Oh well...4 days and I'll be back in fat burning mode, so no worries. Weight is unchanged, but I'm expecting my first plateau anytime...full speed ahead
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #84  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by konacoral View Post
Thanks for getting back to me. Thats just amazing. I couldn't even imagine today that I could be down to 135-145 again. Today when people look at me they cant believe I weigh 181. Maybe thats whats caused me to not be dedicated in the past as far as nutrition goes.
I enjoy the gym and I am "dealing" with the fact I can only go 3 times a week.
Like I said, its probably good so I dont go into burn out mode.
I started taking metamucil because I dont like the irregularity. Its not been fun. Any suggestions OUT THERE?
Im drinking probably more water then I need and lots of good greens, but uggh
Hi konacoral: I was having irregularity also when i was doing the menu's, i bought the Fullfill mix fruit & fiber and it's like a berry flavor and love it, i would drink it at breakfast and lunch and use it to take my vitamins, it helped me stay regular and feel full and its a big plus on fiber, only 15 calories, goodluck on your journey, this is a awesome program!!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Hi konacoral: I was having irregularity also when i was doing the menu's, i bought the Fullfill mix fruit & fiber and it's like a berry flavor and love it, i would drink it at breakfast and lunch and use it to take my vitamins, it helped me stay regular and feel full and its a big plus on fiber, only 15 calories, goodluck on your journey, this is a awesome program!!
Thanks SKELLY for the advice. Im doing metamucil packs right now and drinking tons of water. Im thinking the dieters tea might be a good thing for me too.
Im anxious to get regular again, don't want it to mess with my weigh ins !

Tonight is Zumba and tomorrow is my Biggest Looser challenge at my gym! whoop whoop

Old 01-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 226/214/140

Default First day of preconditioning!

This is my first day! I'm enjoying reading all of your success stories. Wish me luck!
Dcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcar View Post
This is my first day! I'm enjoying reading all of your success stories. Wish me luck!

good luck!!!! you can do it - especially if I can.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

welcome decar...

going for fit ...congrats on making it to maint... love to meet you and Skelley in the maintainers lounge soon!

Last edited by cmarty; 01-15-2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: spelling
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #89  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

I appreciate the congrats cmarty and skelley, but just to be clear I'm not in maintenance yet. I just started stabilization yesterday. It takes four weeks if all goes well.

cmarty I'm glad you're back on plan... You should have been with me in stabilization! But we both know how quickly this plan works when you work it, so I know you'll be there soon!

skelley, why did your counselor tell you not to eat back your exercise calories? Is that because she knows you're still trying to lose? The MyFitnessPal website gave me a calorie range based on my weight and the exercise I entered and I wish it hadn't. Do you know if there is a way to change it? I'd rather just see the calorie range for maintaining, and see if it matches what the center will say.

konacoral, I won a bottle of Internal Cleanser last month so figured I may as well try it and I have been constipated ever since! I know they will try to sell it to you if you say you're having trouble, but on their sales brochure they also recommend it for diarrhea, so figure that one out. Anyway, if you're on it, something to think about. My water consumption is excellent, a gallon a day, but my favorite veggies are known for being trouble makers with regularity (broccoli and spinach) so I've always had a bit of a problem with regularity ever since starting MRC. But a huge part of that is no more fatty foods, and not as much food altogether either means no more daily bm's and it's not abnormal at all. It's never affected my weigh-ins; the scale will always trend down. HTH
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #90  
Sherry, Senior Member

Goint4fit: I'm not still trying to lose, i'm maintaining the 6lb guide they give you of 154-160. If you go over you have to buy more weeks and go back into burn mode. But to change your setting on my fitness pal go to edit profile then where it says goal weight check maintain current weight and it will give you the calories to eat, the center has me on 1300 calories and when i do it on my fitness pal it says 1660, so i'm following the center right now and so far i'm maintaining.