Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #16  

Got my first real menu today. My weigh in was suprisingly successful with a loss of 3.5 pounds. I didn't expect that because I am batteling an upper respitory infection and asthma flare up. I attended the first class which seemed alot like a sales pitch. I did buy Mrc6 and wanted phentatrim but they were sold out and expect a shippment next week. I probably not going to start the pills until I am feeling better.

I am pleased with my progress so far. We will see what next week brings for me since I had to have a steroid shot and antibiotics today
Mommy1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #17  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy1558 View Post
I attended the first class which seemed alot like a sales pitch.
Mommy1558, what was this class you attended? Surely not one of the Connections classes?

Sales pitches come with the territory with MRC unfortunately.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:11 AM   #18  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Well i have finally done it!!! I am now in maintenance, had my appt today and it went great, i actually gained 3lbs of muscle mass which they told me was awesome!!! I love the maintenance food list and they have me starting out on 1300 calories a day!! I'm going to continue to weigh in each week for a month then drop to every two weeks, i'm so excited!!
You made it skelley! How did you gain so much muscle? My last body comp showed a drop which I'm not happy about. That was after Meta-Quick, which makes me wonder if I shouldn't have done that so close to my ideal body weight. 1300 calories a day sounds like diet level calories to me - so I'm curious now what calorie level we're at on green menu... My body seems to want to maintain at green menu with the weight I'm at now. Hmmm...

I finally had an off day. Bound to happen I suppose - can't be perfect forever. I stopped counting, but I think I did 19 or 20 straight weeks 100% on plan. I guess I was feeling like being a rebel after this last month of almost a complete plateau in spite of sticking with plan during the hardest time of the year. I sampled all the goodies still hanging around from Christmas. Threw a bunch out as I went along to make sure I would get back on plan the next day, but I did a fair amount of damage. Did really good with my water and exercising the next few days, and am back on plan, but at weigh-in I was up the 1.5 lbs I was down so now am the same as I was two weeks ago. Just as well - the old me was already planning on another pig out session if the scale wasn't affected! Isn't that terrible? Amazing how strong habits are. I just did some reading on plateaus and sounds like it's very common to hit one very close to your ideal body weight. Guess that's where I'm at.

Anyway here is what I learned when I talked to my consultant about it - hope it helps others as it made a lot of sense to me: I can't trade extra exercise for extra calories when my body was in ketosis. It has been having to burn reserves and is looking for any extra calories to hold onto. It will take a few days for my body to go back into ketosis before it will be able to start burning up those extra calories I gave it.

After I stabilize and begin maintenance, my body will be in balance and won't be looking to store extra calories. At that point, I can do some extra exercise to make up for an over-indulgence and I will see results from that. That sounds reasonable.

No regrets - made my choice, accepting the consequences, and moving forward!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #19  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven59 View Post
Hi All and Happy New Year!! I've been MIA for a couple of months. I decided to take a break from the scale for the month of December and go off program, but my goal was to avoid gaining any weight during the holidays...mission accomplished

Jan 1st was my official restart date. I just finished day 4 on the Meta Slim Yellow Day 1-4 menu and move to the Blue days 5-10 tomorrow. I've been 100% on plan and have been exercising 45min-1 hour daily.

Off to a good start and I look forward to journeying with all of you.
Congratulations on staying stable during December and coming back on board Jan 1st just like you planned! That's excellent!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #20  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Thank you Going4Fit!..I am in a really good place right now and the motivation is here. It's funny how sometimes the brain is totally on board and other times it is a constant battle to avoid off plan snacking, even when I'm not hungry.

I jumped on the scale today and can't believe my eyes....down 2.5 lbs. I had to pinch myself. Historically, I'm a very slow loser, so this is huge. We'll see if it sticks...hope so...

Going4fit...A big word of caution for you...Be very careful right now. I'm not sure why, but for some reason when we get close to goal, we start to sabbotage ourselves. It happened to me the first time I did MRC and other people have also written about it. I was 100% on plan for about 10 weeks and was so close to goal and ready to begin stabilization. I just started to cheat. Little cheats, but one off- plan choice would lead to an off plan day or 2 or 3...the scale would jump a couple of pounds, then back on plan etc. Here I am 3 years later, still trying to "complete the process"

Stabilization is an additional 6 weeks and I was so ready to be done...I never finished stabilization or maintenance. I think stabilization is harder than the actual weight loss part!

We get tired of the process and are looking forward to time when we can just relax and "be normal" and not pay attention or be so focused on what we eat. Take a look at the 2013 maintainers posts. They really sum it up and get to the heart of the matter. We, who struggle with weight gain, can never "be normal" and must always be food focused. It is sad, but it is reality and we just need to accept it to be successful long term.

Now is the time to force yourself to be 100% on plan regardless of what the scale says. Patzi, who visits often was diligent during her wt. loss and never deviated from plan and some weeks only lost 1/4 lb. She really did the work in stabiliation, discovering trigger foods and foods that caused immediate weight gains, it was very insightful to read her experience.

So...hang in there...I know you can do it. Just stay strong. It will take longer than you wish, but not as long as if you stray. So here's a big dose of will power dust for you.
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #21  

Hi Going4Fit,

This was a mandatory explaination of program class. The Center I attend signs you up puts you go in on PREP-Menu then one week later we are required to go in for this class. Which is about the exacts of the program then 70% Sales pitch. I wasn't really happy about this part but as you say it comes with the territory...LOL.
Mommy1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #22  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy1558 View Post
Hi Going4Fit,

This was a mandatory explaination of program class. The Center I attend signs you up puts you go in on PREP-Menu then one week later we are required to go in for this class. Which is about the exacts of the program then 70% Sales pitch. I wasn't really happy about this part but as you say it comes with the territory...LOL.
I went thru the same class and all they did was give us a sheet with all the supplements and vitamins etc etc but never did a sales pitch we could chose what we wanted to do, I know all centers are different
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #23  
Sherry, Senior Member

Smile

Going4fit: I'm not sure how I gained muscle mass unless its all the walking I do, but I was told that the week six stabilization menu is 1200 calories the green menu is like 800 calories I use the app my fitness pal everyday to log my food and have now for 200 days its a lifesaver
Old 01-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #24  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Going4Fit- Thank you so very much for your welcome! I got married in October and it’s funny to think that I might look slimmer in my “bump” pictures then in my wedding pictures. I joke at the center….they too talk a lot about maintenance and I tell them as soon as I get to maintenance that I will get pregnant! LOL! (Not quiet…I think the earliest would be October. Part of me wants to look so hot that Andrew will exclaim “I want to make a baby NOW!” But I’m nearly positive that only happens in romance novels.)

I have read about weight gain during pregnancy. Apparently you aren’t even supposed to gain very much during the first trimester.

Also- your success is SO motivating!!

Skelley- Maintenance! WOW! Fantastic!! You and I make up both the beginning and “end” of the journey. I’m just starting and you just rolled into the finish line, or sorts. Save a place for me??

Raven- Fabulous start to your re-start! I hope to work up to exercising that much. What is your favorite activity?

Mommy- Congratulations on your weight loss! That’s fantastic! What menu are you on? I fully suspect that my “Food Instruction Class” will be a pitch. Currently I’m on corti-trim (started today), the krill and vitamins. I want to find out if they are required, because I like my essential oils and multi-vitamin better than theirs.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #25  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
...Part of me wants to look so hot that Andrew will exclaim “I want to make a baby NOW!” But I’m nearly positive that only happens in romance novels.)
*LOL*! My husband is all grabby-grabby with me now. We've been married almost 13 years, and since I've never been this thin my new body is new to him too. He keeps coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me. It's nice, but annoying when I'm trying to do the dishes. I'm not used to how bony I feel in places now, but he keeps telling me he likes it.

raven59, thanks so much for the encouragement! I know just what you mean. I've known all along I have to be vigilant and not let myself get to a mindset of being "done" with this once I reach goal and getting to go back to my old eating habits. Amazing how strong the urges are though, even with the knowledge. I just had such a lame month! Do you have any idea the sheer amount of goodies I passed up? Entire boxes of cookies and candies coming in the mail, plates of goodies from the neighbors, the buffet table brimming with catered pasta dishes and cheesecakes and cookies at my husbands company Christmas party... I stayed 100% on plan through it all! No bites, licks or tastes and the scale didn't budge. So I did Meta-Quick to challenge myself through the plateau. Then I get told I lost 2 lbs of muscle. Not cool. Still, I stayed on plan and decided New Years Eve to take the night off. It was a choice. Like I said, I felt like being a rebel. I haven't tested in ketosis for about two months now I think. I figured I'd have some fun, see if I could give my body a reason for not being in ketosis! I did quickly realize that I wasn't in control of that choice anymore and indulged far more than I had planned. Not to mention I got a tummy ache almost immediately! I went straight back on plan the next day and have been 100% ever since. And I am actually grateful for the gain that showed at my weigh-in. Like I said, if that hadn't happened the little devil on my shoulder was already whispering to me that I could do it again. I needed that consequence.

So I want just five more pounds of fat to go away. If I don't see much progress in the next couple of weeks, I will go ahead and do the stabilization and enter maintenance. Getting my body calorie based will make it easy to calculate the amount of exercise I need to do to create the calorie deficit to burn those last few pounds. I will keep you all posted as to how it goes.

I hope my story of this last month doesn't discourage any of you! I am trying to get to 21% body fat, which is at the bottom of the fit range and the lowest they'll allow you to go at the center. If I had stabilized at the recommended 27% I'd have been done back in November with no problems. So if you're goal isn't as low as mine, I can't imagine you'll experience the dramatic slow down I've gone through.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #26  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
... I was told that the week six stabilization menu is 1200 calories the green menu is like 800 calories I use the app my fitness pal everyday to log my food and have now for 200 days its a lifesaver
Oh wow I had no idea it was that low. I always planned on coming on-line and plugging it all in to the calorie data site, but never got around to it. *sigh* Not like I didn't know that it would take a lot less calories to sustain 135 lbs vs. 185 lbs... But hadn't looked up what that would be. I plan on keeping with my food journal as a permanent part of my new lifestyle. Doing it on an app might be fun. I'll have to look that one up.

BTW everyone, if you're new you already know but they've recently changed stabilization from 6 weeks to 4 weeks. Although it can take longer if you have gains in any of the weeks because then they will take out the new foods you added that past week and try a different combination and that week starts over.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #27  
Not giving up!

Okay, this is really embarrassing but if Keylani can do it in a sports bra and shorts, than I can at least do it fully dressed! I managed to find a couple of old photos of me - unfortunately not full length but it was all I could find. On the left and center I'm wearing the same size 14 jeans, but by the center photo they are very stretched out and the only thing left in my closet I could fit. I wouldn't wash them for days at a time, because they'd be so tight out of the wash and I'd have to stretch them out again. I wouldn't buy more even from the thrift store because when I went shopping I had to try on size 16. My top in the center photo was an XL from Kohl's.

The photo on the right is me as of last night, wearing my size 8 skinny jeans and a medium top from The Loft.

My center today asked me to be their All Star of the Month, and I agreed. So they'll be taking "after" pictures of me to put up side-by-side with my "before" picture (which I still haven't seen). I should be able to share those with you too I suppose.

For reference these results - 50 lbs lost and from 39% body fat to 22% body fat - are from five months on program.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg after.jpg (43.7 KB, 54 views)
Old 01-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #28  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Wow!! You look amazing...the incredible shrinking woman Congratulations
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 184.7/TICKER->/145

Height: 5'5"

Talking Super Newbie Today

Hi all,
Just started pre conditioning and was starving.
I forgot my friend said to eat much of those items there really isn't a set amount YET.
Ive done good, no caffiene, no sodas, nothing.. Just herbal tea and water.
Im looking forward to seeing others experiences.

Currently 184.7 and hitting TOM in a few days
GOAL: 145
konacoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #30  
Sherry, Senior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Okay, this is really embarrassing but if Keylani can do it in a sports bra and shorts, than I can at least do it fully dressed! I managed to find a couple of old photos of me - unfortunately not full length but it was all I could find. On the left and center I'm wearing the same size 14 jeans, but by the center photo they are very stretched out and the only thing left in my closet I could fit. I wouldn't wash them for days at a time, because they'd be so tight out of the wash and I'd have to stretch them out again. I wouldn't buy more even from the thrift store because when I went shopping I had to try on size 16. My top in the center photo was an XL from Kohl's.

The photo on the right is me as of last night, wearing my size 8 skinny jeans and a medium top from The Loft.

My center today asked me to be their All Star of the Month, and I agreed. So they'll be taking "after" pictures of me to put up side-by-side with my "before" picture (which I still haven't seen). I should be able to share those with you too I suppose.

For reference these results - 50 lbs lost and from 39% body fat to 22% body fat - are from five months on program.
WOW! You look awesome!! congratulations!!! I could only get my body fat % down to 34.1, not sure why?