Old 01-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

konacoral - I'm on the Beige menu, day 11. I haven't switched color menus like you and I believe it may be because I'm over 200 lbs, at least that's my guess/thoughts. Also, they haven't mentioned exercising to me yet but they have hinted that it's coming. My sister-in-law gave me a gazzelle (sp) machine to get started and my brother said once I really start to work out he'd pay for my membership to the gym he works out in. Honestly, I'm lazy and a big wimp when it comes to exercising, trying to get into the mental state of wanting to work out, just not there yet.
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 184.7/TICKER->/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
konacoral - I'm on the Beige menu, day 11. I haven't switched color menus like you and I believe it may be because I'm over 200 lbs, at least that's my guess/thoughts. Also, they haven't mentioned exercising to me yet but they have hinted that it's coming. My sister-in-law gave me a gazzelle (sp) machine to get started and my brother said once I really start to work out he'd pay for my membership to the gym he works out in. Honestly, I'm lazy and a big wimp when it comes to exercising, trying to get into the mental state of wanting to work out, just not there yet.
Im not sure how it works with the weight vs. color menus. Im doing the slim plan, I know there are others - like meta balance -etc.
Exercising they haven't mentioned? Thats weird. Usually its take a walk and get out there. NO MORE then 220 min a week for me. But thats because I love Zumba.
You will get there when you start exercising - I cant exercise at home - too boring for me. I have a huge social circle of people I have met at my gym over the last year and its fun to go and have a good time.
You'll see
Keep on Trucking!!!
konacoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Congrats to all who lost this week!
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #139  

Plateau...

doesn't seem fair but I think I have hit a plateau and Im on day 12. THen again it could just be a gain of muscle. Anyone working out with weights and found this happening.
I really can't go by the scale. I really need to go by inches because of this - so I did.
Since Jan. 9th - I have lost 2" off my thighs (each one of them) !!!
Since Jan. 9th - I have lost a total of 8"
I think thats progress so Im not going to let the scale make me mad.

Anyone?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

ugh I'm on day 13 of a plateau.. don't know what is going on!!
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Girls on a plateau...listen this has happened to me...don't give up... the next week or so it will start falling off...our bodies do this sometimes

when I was working out everyday..I stopped losing weight for a week..but the next week I lost 3 and half pounds and the next week 2

don't get discouraged..your body is getting ready to release the fat...so smile and just keepi dieting because it is going to pay off!
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #142  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by konacoral View Post
Plateau...

doesn't seem fair but I think I have hit a plateau and Im on day 12. THen again it could just be a gain of muscle. Anyone working out with weights and found this happening.
I really can't go by the scale. I really need to go by inches because of this - so I did.
Since Jan. 9th - I have lost 2" off my thighs (each one of them) !!!
Since Jan. 9th - I have lost a total of 8"
I think thats progress so Im not going to let the scale make me mad.

Anyone?

CONGRATS on those inches lost!!! Didn't your center give you the plateau handout that they expect to occur around day 10 or so?

I can't remember if you're weighing in twice weekly or if you're one of the gals doing this on your own or whatever, but the constant weigh-ins are definitely going to give you static numbers every now and then. Sometimes I would get frustrated with two weigh-ins in a row giving me the same number. Then I'd remember those were both within a week so it's not like I really, really plateaued. You know?

I know it doesn't seem fair when you've been working out and keeping to the eating plan, but it's a journey and it all pays off. You made a good choice to focus on the inches lost. And don't forget maintaining is better than gaining too.

I personally think this plan just doesn't do well with much exercise. I was on meta-slim and all that was required was 15 minutes of mild exercise three times a week. I really wanted to be fit, not just skinny, and so was doing much more. I kept it within the 240 weekly limit of cardio, but really that's so arbitrary. 40 minutes on my exercise bike I can burn 140-240 calories depending on how hard I push myself, and if I spend that same 40 minutes doing a Jillian Michaels DVD, I'm over 300 easily. Anyway, I would push myself and do my 40 minutes 6 days a week, alternating my bike and Jillian Michaels. Then one week I had company staying at my place and only was able to do my bike a few times, and for not as long. I lost five pounds that week. Only week I ever lost that much. So after that I didn't stress about doing so much exercise and my averages stayed the same (after that one big loss).
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #143  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjy99 View Post
ugh I'm on day 13 of a plateau.. don't know what is going on!!
What has your center said? Have they given you the plateau buster menu? You can try increasing your water intake for a week. Lots of potty trips, but I switched from 12 to 16 cups for a week once at the suggestion of one of the gals at the center and that broke me through a plateau.

Hang in there!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

This must be plateau time.... add me to the list too!

Exact same weight as Friday and my center was very encouraging like Going4Fit said, they explained that it was totally expected, that my body was probably really working on some 'hard, long held' fat.

konacoral - I've been encouraged to excerise now, recommended to start slow and easy, goal for this week is to get in excerise 3 times for 20 mins, if I can't do the full 20 mins just do as much as I can and build up each time.

I was discouraged briefly when I saw that it was the same weight because I felt like I lost, in my mind I had build up an expectation of loss. Then I reminded myself to stop setting expectation up in my mind because I'm in this for the long haul and it's still a win because it's not a weight gain.

Thanks Going4Fit and cmarty for the pep talks, I definitely needed it tonight!
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

Thanks ladies for the encouragement! The center just said keep plugging along.. which I am doing.. but it's hard to stay motivated. They have suggested exercise and I would love to do that.. just need to figure out how to carve out the time.
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
This must be plateau time.... add me to the list too!

Exact same weight as Friday and my center was very encouraging like Going4Fit said, they explained that it was totally expected, that my body was probably really working on some 'hard, long held' fat.

konacoral - I've been encouraged to excerise now, recommended to start slow and easy, goal for this week is to get in excerise 3 times for 20 mins, if I can't do the full 20 mins just do as much as I can and build up each time.

I was discouraged briefly when I saw that it was the same weight because I felt like I lost, in my mind I had build up an expectation of loss. Then I reminded myself to stop setting expectation up in my mind because I'm in this for the long haul and it's still a win because it's not a weight gain.

Thanks Going4Fit and cmarty for the pep talks, I definitely needed it tonight!
WIP - Good for you! Keep it going ! Walk when you can, jog a little and blare your music super loud it will put you in a great place. I personally need the gym because Im a social butterfly and have made so many great friends.

Weighed in at my Biggest Looser Competition - Down 6.8 going into my 3rd week and lost 4% BF. Got a lot of compliments at work today already too and didn't expect it.

At a plateau for sure in MRC. Its okay - just like we talked about - its going to get better and go away - our bodies will say "OKAY - your serious then" and there it will go.

Keep up the high hopes everyone!!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
CONGRATS on those inches lost!!! Didn't your center give you the plateau handout that they expect to occur around day 10 or so?

I can't remember if you're weighing in twice weekly or if you're one of the gals doing this on your own or whatever, but the constant weigh-ins are definitely going to give you static numbers every now and then. Sometimes I would get frustrated with two weigh-ins in a row giving me the same number. Then I'd remember those were both within a week so it's not like I really, really plateaued. You know?

I know it doesn't seem fair when you've been working out and keeping to the eating plan, but it's a journey and it all pays off. You made a good choice to focus on the inches lost. And don't forget maintaining is better than gaining too.

I personally think this plan just doesn't do well with much exercise. I was on meta-slim and all that was required was 15 minutes of mild exercise three times a week. I really wanted to be fit, not just skinny, and so was doing much more. I kept it within the 240 weekly limit of cardio, but really that's so arbitrary. 40 minutes on my exercise bike I can burn 140-240 calories depending on how hard I push myself, and if I spend that same 40 minutes doing a Jillian Michaels DVD, I'm over 300 easily. Anyway, I would push myself and do my 40 minutes 6 days a week, alternating my bike and Jillian Michaels. Then one week I had company staying at my place and only was able to do my bike a few times, and for not as long. I lost five pounds that week. Only week I ever lost that much. So after that I didn't stress about doing so much exercise and my averages stayed the same (after that one big loss).

GOINGTOFIT: Cant believe I didn't see this...
I did get the Plateau hand out and Im the one in CALI who calls into MRC two times a week. Yeah I get it. Im not worried. Im just going to keep doing and not go by my weight so much - its more about inches because I do work out and do weights. :O)
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #148  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Haven't checked in for a bit. Last Saturday- the scale jumped up a pound. However- when dug a bit deeper, we discovered that I had lost 11 pounds of fat and 11 inches in just over 2 weeks of being on program.

I'm on Meta-Balance: Level 2, so I have been working out and joined the 60 day t-tapp challenge: http://www.t-tapp.com/success/sixtydaychallenge.html
However, while on the challenge I can only t-tapp, walk and do the elliptical.

kona- count me in for weight training on March 21st! I forgot to mention that I also lost a pound of muscle during my weigh-in! Don't want that to happen again!

I'm also FINALLY in fat burning! HOORAY! I bought some ketosis test strips and was pleased to see one finally change this morning! HOORAY!
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 222/(see ticker)/155

Height: 5'3"

Woot Woot! Down almost two lbs this morning, after nothing for the past 3 days. (I weigh in when I first get up for a more accurate weight than I get at the center mid-day).

So that's a total of 7 lbs since Jan 8th. I tend to be slower at weight loss, but I'll keep plugging away. I'm 8 lbs away from One-derland and this time I'm gonna get there!

I've got a retreat on Sunday and they want to go to my favorite pizza place from college. I'm going to look at the menu in advance to see what salads they might have. If not, I'll skip it this time. I ate there enough in college and I'm still carrying that weight around!
meazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #150  
Not giving up!

Congrats on your loss meazie! I am a slower loser too in spite of always being 100% on plan, but by golly altogether it still seems awfully fast when I look back on it all. Didn't feel fast necessarily going through it, since I was doing all the work preparing all my meals fresh three times a day instead of eating fast food or frozen meals, and hauling all my kids to the weigh-in center twice a week has been a real pain. That much effort made it seem like more time had passed. I remember early in the program when I went back and counted the weeks - I had estimated it had been about three months and it had only been two!

Hey smart move with looking up the restaurant beforehand! Knowledge is power. I would be nervous/upset about how to stick on plan if we were out and spontaneously decided to go out to eat somewhere. But knowing beforehand allowed me to look it up and plan ahead and I was easily able to stick to my menu and be in control. You can do it!