Old 01-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #181  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well. Sorry for being MIA but the darn flu caught me

I was still on plateau at my last check in, no weigh in since then I've been talking to the ladies from my center by phone (to play it safe and not pass this yuck along). I have stayed on plan, taken my HNS and drank plenty of water/fluids however, I haven't eaten all my food, just no appetite.
Oh i got the flu last week (the stomach flu) and i had no appetite just drank lots of water and slept, i went totally off plan and now i'm having a hard time getting back on, i keep telling myself okay tomorrow you start over and then tomorrow comes and i can't keep on plan, i go friday to weigh in so i'm going to talk to my counselor and see what i need to do, i started maintenance on jan 4th and was doing great until i got sick. I sure hope i can figure out how to get back on track!!! I hope you are feeling better, the flu really knocks you out.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 184.7/TICKER->/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Fat CHICK MRC Peeps -

So did a boot camp class last night - that was a little crazy. I wasn't expecting a run around a HUGE HUGE commercial block and then in the middle of it do 100 jumping jacks in the first 5-7 min.

Im doing this Color Run on Saturday and now Im fully nervous! At least I can keep up with the little kids and moms with strollers

Today is end of week weight in for my looser challenge in my gym. That means a whole new video. Im a little worried about the weigh in because of PRE TOM

Speaking of PRE TOM curious to know what you all did about it (cravings) ? Any total complete break downs and just grabbed a candy bar?

I did get my new shipment of HNS and I asked for the cappuccino and the vanilla. People complained about the vanilla on this board and I actually was very lucky I had it and didn't mind it at all!
Haven't tried the cappuccino one yet.

konacoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #183  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I'm just approaching TOM now...I did break plan.My DH made this amazing homemade creme brulee for me on Monday. (He's still figuring out what I can eat). And I fell in love. But then the next day- the ketone stick was beige. GR.

After a very aggressive day- I'm back into "fat burning." Hooray.

On Friday I am going to pick up some MRC bars. I think they will really help with the cravings.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

Feeling slowly better and after weigh in this evening I feel like dancing!

2.5 lbs gone for a total of 11 lbs loss for the month of January. I got my -10 bracelet, -10 'milestone' rock and signed the -10 board...I feel like a super star!

skelley331 - Thank you, I'm feeling better each day and fortunate that I didn't have the stomach flu part of it. I had the cold/flu and was down 5 days, just yucky yucky stuff. How often do you weigh in while in maintenance?

konacoral - you can do it, sending warm wishes for you challenge at the gym! I'm of the age where I don't get the dreaded TOM every month (yay for menapause, the one thing good about the fun transition) so craving aren't a temptation for me each month, ok at least none during PMS, lol.

meazie - you have the right thought, one meal at a time, one step at a time! I'm rooting for you!
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #185  

lunarsongbird - I hear you on the creme brulee UH THAT WOULD BE MY WEAKNESS TOO!
work in progress: yeah we all have our cravings whether or not we have TOM or NOT. Hate it but Im sure its just nature.

RESULTS FROM WEIGH IN AT Gym
END OF WEEK 3
6% body fat gone
1/2 lb gone =7.2lbs
Gained 19 years
Gained bone mass
6lbs of muscle mass
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #186  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Daily check in:

100% on plan, but cravings are getting stronger since I'm so close to moving into maintenance. I know it's a mental thing since it's hard not feeling like I'll be "done" with dieting once I finish stabilization. I've noticed I'm stopping and looking at the calories of everything now since I'll have a daily caloric level to stay at once on maintenance. That was such a nice thing about going through this plan with MRC - no counting calories or points! Just mix and match choices off the allowed items for each meal and know they've done the work for you for making sure it's the right balance of calories/fats/carbs/ protein for optimum fat burn. Loved it.

The good thing is seeing how much of my caloric limit will be used up on my healthy foods for my main meals now that I'm tracking in MyFitnessPal.com. There won't be much left over for snacks or treats or higher caloric meals. And seeing how many calories are in those crave worthy items I keep peeking at, I'd have to have them in such small portions it would only make me feel sorry for myself!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #187  

Hi everyone, I'm rejoining again.

I tried to do it at home the last time (approx 4-5 mts ago) as I had previously been on program 5 yrs before moving. I didn't have anything other than the green menu, so got busy with holidays and short staffed at work so it went on the back burner. Havn't gained, but havn't lost in that time.

So called them up yesterday and renewed and got updated information. WOW.. Much more choices that 5 yrs ago! Pleasently suprised! I'll be preconditioing over the weekend and start 'bootcamp' (day 1-10) on Monday.

The program really does work, hence the reason for spending the money to go back on it.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

LC
CCdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #188  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
Feeling slowly better and after weigh in this evening I feel like dancing!

2.5 lbs gone for a total of 11 lbs loss for the month of January. I got my -10 bracelet, -10 'milestone' rock and signed the -10 board...I feel like a super star!

skelley331 - Thank you, I'm feeling better each day and fortunate that I didn't have the stomach flu part of it. I had the cold/flu and was down 5 days, just yucky yucky stuff. How often do you weigh in while in maintenance?

konacoral - you can do it, sending warm wishes for you challenge at the gym! I'm of the age where I don't get the dreaded TOM every month (yay for menapause, the one thing good about the fun transition) so craving aren't a temptation for me each month, ok at least none during PMS, lol.

meazie - you have the right thought, one meal at a time, one step at a time! I'm rooting for you!

IM GOING TO TACK MY CRUDDY WEIGHT LOSS ON WEIGHT TRAINING... Im seeing 11 lbs OR MORE in others in 1 month and Im totally frustrated!

Last edited by konacoral; 01-31-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by konacoral View Post
IM GOING TO TACK MY CRUDDY WEIGHT LOSS ON WEIGHT TRAINING... Im seeing 11 lbs OR MORE in others in 1 month and Im totally frustrated!
Don't get discouraged konacoral, I think you are right and instead of seeing the weight loss you are seeing muscle gain.

I'm attributing at least a couple of pounds of that loss due to the fact that I was sick and loss of appetite. I've set another mini goal of -12 lbs for myself for February so we'll see how it works out.
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Default New to MRC

Today I started and I weigh 184. I'm hoping to lose up o 51lbs. I have read through the posts and you guys are amazing! Congratulations, I know it's hard.
Angel Eyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #191  

Welcome AngelEyz, are you doing the Yellow/Blue menues then the green?

LC
Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #192  

I'm preconditioning, on Monday I go for a weigh in. I'm not really sure how this works just yet.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #193  

Oh we will be close together then, I'm preconditioning over the weekend and then on Monday start a new menu.

I have done this previously and my center is 3 hrs away so they gave me all my menus when I went in today. You start on the preconditioning, then they generally have you go to a food class, and start on a new menu. Some centers do a more restricted diet for 10 days, then a final one that you stay on the greatest duration of your program. That menu depends on what your center and you need.

Hows the preconditioning going?

LC
Old 01-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #194  

So far so good, avoiding the snack habit is a little rough but I'm fighting the urge. I'm nervous and excited.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 222/(see ticker)/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Eyz View Post
Today I started and I weigh 184. I'm hoping to lose up o 51lbs. I have read through the posts and you guys are amazing! Congratulations, I know it's hard.
Hi and welcome! I'm in Colorado too, up in Ft C. How about you? It would be fun to find a local MRC friend on here
meazie is offline   Reply With Quote