Old 01-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #61  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I was going to ask them what type of exercise I can do tonight. However- I am thinking of doing the t-tapp 60 day challenge and that requires me only to do t-tapp, walking and the eliptical. ::shrugs::
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

I see some new faces..yay!! Welcome aboard or back! Good luck to all of you!! 2013 will be a great year!!

Going4fit
that's awesome!!!

Just came back from my weigh in..lost 2 more
I see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

I love that recipe idea with the almond/coconut extract...can hardly wait to try that. When I make my smoothies, I use the Le Croix sparkling water. Maybe I will try their coconut flavored water...mmmm, sounds good.
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

How exciting to see several others begin the journey together!

konacoral, way to go to Zumba even though you felt sleepy and for having the courage to sign up for the Biggest Loser Challenge at your gym! I’m rooting for you to win

lunarsongbird, I have a digital scale and was curious just like you so after I weighed in at the center on Wednesday I went home and weighed, it was the exact weight.

peg51, I'll be your weight loss buddy too, looks like there are about 3-4 of us beginning the 'official' menus on Sat with our HNS.

M Wants to Live, I melt my cheese on my toast some mornings for breakfast and I melted a tablespoon on the green pepper I made the other night in the oven so I believe you should be fine, if in doubt though call your center, mine said to call anytime. Also, I don't cook other foods for my kids, they eat what I eat...my motto is this isn't a restaurant, eat what I cook or make it yourself. On that note, my kids are all over 18 and don't live at home, they do come for dinner several nights a week but they know that I joined MRC and this is a life style change for me so they are super supportive.

Great job Going4Fit and Keylani, you are an inspiration to me!

Something I’ve noticed this week is that I find myself wanting a snack in the evenings about an hour or so after dinner, for now I’ve harnessed my will power and simply resisted the urge or by grabbing an ice cold bottle of water and sipping on it. I’m hoping once I start using my HNS, I can use those to make a nice Root Beer Float or Almond Joy Frap smoothie for the snack attack.

Once I have more time and know the exact measurements I’ll list them on the recipes tab but here’s a start if you want to try them out and play with the amounts yourselves.…

Root Beer Float
Vanilla Supplement
Caffeine free, diet Root Beer
Ice
Mix all together in a blender and enjoy

Almond Joy Frap Smoothie
Chocolate Supplement
Almond extract
Coconut extract
Ice
Mix all together in a blender and enjoy
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #64  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Wants to Live View Post
Can you melt the cheese on to your melba toast? Or does melting take away the benefits?
Yes you can melt the cheese! Several recipes in the cookbooks have cheese melted into them.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #65  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
Something I’ve noticed this week is that I find myself wanting a snack in the evenings about an hour or so after dinner, for now I’ve harnessed my will power and simply resisted the urge or by grabbing an ice cold bottle of water and sipping on it.
Have you been using the Fiber Drink Mixs at all? They have helped me from snacking during preconditioning. However- I too am looking forward to the extra protein.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 260/174/160

Height: 5' 5''

Thumbs up first weigh in after pre-conditioning

-7 pounds today for my first weigh in since starting pre-conditioning! Lots of water weight, as expected, but it still feels great! Pretty exciting start!

WORK IN PROGRESS- looking forward to sharing our triumphs and struggles in the coming weeks! I love the idea of those recipes you posted. Sounds yummy!
peg51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #67  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone. I'm happy to report back 100% on plan for 3 full days after the little slip up Tuesday night. I'm down another .5 lbs. Hooray!! I even survived dinner out with the family at sushi tonight. I used the low sodium soy sauce and had some seared ahi tuna and one chicken skewer, and a cucumber roll that had crab but no rice. So I think that won't do any damage. I'll start the green menu Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone!
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #68  

lunarsongbird - my center did not offer any of the drink mixes until my class tonight, I probably would have bought a box to tide me over if they did. I did not buy any tonight since they really didn't count as a supplement and another lady offer a wonderful idea...make crystal lite popsicles! Picture the person doing the V8 slap to the head, that was me tonight...I could have had a nice on plan snack there.

peg51 - AWESOME job on the 7 lbs loss!!!!

raven59 - congrats on getting back on track and losing weight too! I haven't had the challenge of eating out yet, way to go for staying the course!!

I weighed in tonight before class and I've lost another 2 lbs.

I received my menu tonight and I'll start it in the morning, for me there isn't much difference from the pre-conditioning menu except weighing the amounts I am allowed and I get to have HNS. The slight bummer, I can't have the creamy (chocolate and vanilla and cream of chicken) until after Wednesday. On the plus side, I have some yummy flavors of the clears so won't be hard.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:53 AM   #69  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Keylani..where in Central FL are you ?? I'm in the Tampa area.

Bigdog..hey there..hope you're doing well.

Raven..let's do it right this time..

I hope you all had a great week. I didn't get to the center and need to ASAP but I work tomorrow until they close and next week will be rough too..

Anyone have the extra grains that were added in the last couple of years, like the quinoa? I need to know how much we can have. Can someone just list the types of food listed there and what the serving size is?? Thanks so much!
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Hi rocki,

I used to be a regular here until I kind of jumped of the band wagon. I am back on now. I lost 1 and half pounds this week. Take my advice ...don't go off..it is really hard to get back on!

Hi everyone ....joining back up with you girls again!
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 184.7/TICKER->/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. Down 3 lbs after preconditioning.
Started HNS today, it's pretty odd to not be snacking like I would love too!
Such as popcorn etc.
Sounds like everyone is doing good. I need to find recipes for my family so it's not boring.
konacoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #72  

Rocki - This is my first time on the program and I'm on a totally different weight level and plan than you from the sounds of it so I don't think I can offer any advice on the foods, sorry.

cmarty - Welcome back and CONGRATS on the 1 1/2 lbs lost!

konacoral - 3 lbs gone, WOOHOO! The recipe 'sticky' link on this page has been amazing for me, I've found some great things and ideas. I miss my popcorn too, lol...I made crystal lite popcisles tonight for a yummy snack tomorrow. Today, I packed up my pantry and gave everything to my youngest daughter, she just moved into her own apartment and was happy to take it all....cereal, can goods, crackers, popcorn, sugar, flour, etc. Basically a whole shopping cart of all the good 'bad' foods. That way I'm not tempted if it's not here.

peg51 - I noticed on the other thread you were concerned about the chicken and turkey being dry and bland. I was able to find sodium free beef and chicken instant broth & seasoning by Herb Ox, I mix a packet of one with about 1/2 cup of water and add to my turkey or chicken while cooking, it really helps keep them moist and flavorful. I also bought every kind of Ms. Dash I could find, so far my favorite is Garlic & Herb and Lemon Pepper. For extra lemon flavor add a spoon of lemon juice. Last night I mixed a packet of Ranch dressing mix and a spoonful of parmasean cheese on a plate, ran my chicken under cold water, shook it off and dipped it in the mixed then pan fried it using cooking spray or you could try it with the allowed oil. It was fabulous!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 184.7/TICKER->/145

Height: 5'5"

Work In progress: thanks for the tips.
Having a major carb issue though. Never choc or ice cream, it's always cheese it's or chips.
konacoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
Keylani..where in Central FL are you ?? I'm in the Tampa area.

Bigdog..hey there..hope you're doing well.

Raven..let's do it right this time..

I hope you all had a great week. I didn't get to the center and need to ASAP but I work tomorrow until they close and next week will be rough too..

Anyone have the extra grains that were added in the last couple of years, like the quinoa? I need to know how much we can have. Can someone just list the types of food listed there and what the serving size is?? Thanks so much!
I'm near Daytona Beach :-) I never go to the beach because I wouldn't be caught in a bathing suit. I believe in another 20lbs I'm gonna get me a sexy bathing suit and go!! hee hee
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #75  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
Hi rocki,

I used to be a regular here until I kind of jumped of the band wagon. I am back on now. I lost 1 and half pounds this week. Take my advice ...don't go off..it is really hard to get back on!

Hi everyone ....joining back up with you girls again!
Hey cmarty i was wondering where you went! I slipped over new years but started maintenance on the 4th and went back today after one week to weigh in and i maintained my weight yeah!!! I was so lost this past week not having a menu to follow but my counselor explained it all today and i'm so relieved and now i know what i'm suppose to be doing and i'm loving it! goodluck and you'll be fine!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote