Old 01-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 184.7/TICKER->/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
Can you ask her about metabalance? My center told me that is the plan they put people that want to work out or body build.
Yes, I will!
konacoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #167  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
konacoral, I agree with lunarsongbird - see if they have a menu with more carbs you can switch to so you can continue your workouts. My center is so reluctant to talk about other menus but push them on it - explain the importance of your workouts to them. If they have nothing to offer, and if workouts are so important right now, and you can't focus on fat loss first, then you need to find a different diet plan. HIIT workouts burn quite a lot of calories and I'm positive from my own experience that at least the MetaSlim plan is too low of calories for those types of workouts. You need to be safe and healthy.

Hughes72, I peeked at facebook to see if our centers stabilization celebration pic had been posted (it hadn't) and I saw your post. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with recipes. Hard for us to help you when we don't know what foods and portions you're allowed on that 28 day plan. Have you peeked in the recipe thread? Or looked at the blog I posted earlier where many of the recipes were compiled? (http://mrcrecipes.blogspot.com/) If you find some that have the same HNS's they sent you and the meats/veggies/starches you're allowed, I'm sure you can see how to adjust the portions for your particular plan. But you're progress is amazing! Guess the plan really is "majic"!

I am down another pound in stabilization. Yay! This plan works!
I totally agree and will talk to them. I cant believe Im being told Im working out too much... isn't that the idea? You can't provide a new lifestyle without exercise! Its all about exercise and eating right.
I went down a pound this morning.. 178.4.. maybe the plateau is done.
Just starting PMS and ate about a dozen tootsie rolls. CRAP!
I figure with the working out that I am doing with just make that sugar go away anyway.

Mind you.. Im not going insane. zumba or bootcamp 2 -3 times a week. Maybe a treadmill for thecolorrun.com this weekend but again NOT GOING INSANE.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #168  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia77 View Post
Please, what is the Majic plan?
It's a 28 day weight loss plan that can be purchased on emetabolic.com. It's very restrictive as far as what and how much you can eat. It comes with two flavors of HSN and you drink those with your lunch and dinner, alone with the recommended food/servings.
Hughes72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #169  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by konacoral View Post
I totally agree and will talk to them. I cant believe Im being told Im working out too much... isn't that the idea? You can't provide a new lifestyle without exercise! Its all about exercise and eating right.
I went down a pound this morning.. 178.4.. maybe the plateau is done.
Just starting PMS and ate about a dozen tootsie rolls. CRAP!
I figure with the working out that I am doing with just make that sugar go away anyway.

Mind you.. Im not going insane. zumba or bootcamp 2 -3 times a week. Maybe a treadmill for thecolorrun.com this weekend but again NOT GOING INSANE.
konacoral, I think you need to have your gal explain the program to you a bit better. This is a very specific plan that puts you in a catabolic state with an emphasis on burning fat instead of muscle. In this mode, your body cannot exchange calories with exercise - it will be looking to hold on to any extra calories it can get, especially fat/carbs. (That's why they tell you that three days are wasted every time you go off plan because that's how long it takes to get back to that specific state). It's not until you get to maintenance and have transitioned your body to a caloric based plan that you can trade off exercise for calories.

I understand a permanent healthy lifestyle would include eating right and exercise. Doing MRC for me was the start to a healthy lifestyle - get the fat off, learn to prepare and eat whole, healthy foods, and learn to incorporate exercise regularly (but only mild cardio/stretching while on plan). Once I enter maintenance I will begin more serious strength training workouts to build muscle and absolutely plan on being able to hit the spin class at the gym in the mornings or do some HIIT if I ate out the night before or snacked too much, etc.

Here's a link to an article about the different processes involved with burning fat versus building muscle: http://www.builtlean.com/2011/08/04/...the-same-time/
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #170  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia77 View Post
Hi Going4fit,

Thank you for the welcome. I want to start a new MRC daily check-in, support group and thought you might participate or help get it going.

I am starting on MRC too. This is my 3rd day. My first 2 days I did good. My second day I had a couple more melba toasts. I am still counting it.

I would love to find, join, start a thread for anyone starting out on MRC so that we can keep each other motivated. I prefer going after reaching goals of:
-journaling
-drink water
-taking supplements
-staying on program
-regular exercise

Versus going after pounds. To me the consistency is the lifelong goal.
Great idea mamamia! I would start a new thread in February since this month is almost over. Title it "MRC'ers Daily Check In - February 2013" or something similar. Ask people to come on daily and post about those points you mentioned. I'll do mine for yesterday as an example:

Sunday check in:

*Journaled all my food yesterday and was 100% on plan! Tried a new recipe from the cookbook, the pizza, and loved it!

*64 oz water (unusual for me to only do the minimum, but I always get behind Sunday mornings because I need to be able to sit through church and usually I catch up in the afternoon but this time I had to run errands all afternoon.

*Had a cranky day because of family issues - stayed up too late trying to unwind because of it so didn't get enough sleep.

*No exercise - I like to take Sunday's off.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
konacoral, I think you need to have your gal explain the program to you a bit better. This is a very specific plan that puts you in a catabolic state with an emphasis on burning fat instead of muscle. In this mode, your body cannot exchange calories with exercise - it will be looking to hold on to any extra calories it can get, especially fat/carbs. (That's why they tell you that three days are wasted every time you go off plan because that's how long it takes to get back to that specific state). It's not until you get to maintenance and have transitioned your body to a caloric based plan that you can trade off exercise for calories.

I understand a permanent healthy lifestyle would include eating right and exercise. Doing MRC for me was the start to a healthy lifestyle - get the fat off, learn to prepare and eat whole, healthy foods, and learn to incorporate exercise regularly (but only mild cardio/stretching while on plan). Once I enter maintenance I will begin more serious strength training workouts to build muscle and absolutely plan on being able to hit the spin class at the gym in the mornings or do some HIIT if I ate out the night before or snacked too much, etc.

Here's a link to an article about the different processes involved with burning fat versus building muscle: http://www.builtlean.com/2011/08/04/...the-same-time/

going4fit
thank you for the feedback. thats the feedback I understand and am getting from them as well. its just frustrating to be told that I might be working out too much and Im staying under the 220 min.
SHOOT
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #172  

Yeah! I qualify for signature!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #173  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I'm not sure there is anything scientifically with ketogenic diets that make the body unable exchange calories with exercise. Also, I believe the reason that the center tells you three days are wasted every time you go off plan is because if you have over 100 grams (sometimes less for certain people) of carbohydrates during the day, your body will switch back to burning glucose versus ketones (fat), and Going4Fit is totally right- it does indeed take about three days to get back into ketosis.

I think if anything, the center is concerned that you may be burning too many ketones and creating an unhealthy level of keto-acid in the blood.

"During ketosis, keto-acids build up in the blood. The kidneys eliminate keto-acids from the body. If keto-acids in the blood build up beyond the ability of the kidneys to eliminate the acid, fatigue, irregular heartbeat or dizziness may occur. Avoid exercise if you experience dizziness or irregular heartbeat while on a ketogenic diet."
http://www.livestrong.com/article/29...etogenic-diet/

There are many body builders that use ketogenic diets on a very regular basis, however- they are eating WAY more calories then anyone on meta-slim.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/keto.htm
MRC is still allowing for a calories-in, calories-out approach- and not too many of their clients exercise like body builders, so meta-slim is built on the average MRC consumer.

I think you can make exercise work with MRC, you just need to find the right plan- like metabalance. My center even showed me a picture of someone who came in for body building purposes. ETA: And she ROCKED the program!

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 01-28-2013 at 04:50 PM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #174  
Living Intuitively

Also- if you are interested in seeing if you are in ketosis, you can buy ketone test strips at most any drug store.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wal...000723-product
Old 01-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #175  
Living Intuitively

I did gobs of research after my Food Instruction class, because I've learned if I don't know HOW and WHY the plan works- I have trouble following it.

Another thing I discovered, especially if you want to be exercising, is that you need to ensure that you are getting enough amino acids and enough glucose (why there is still some fruit/starches on program)- or your body will go and find what it needs...buy basically consuming some of your muscle. I lost a pound of muscle in my first three weeks. -_- Boo.

And the more muscle you lose- the harder it will be to maintain your weight loss. Muscle mass is very important in metabolism. At the center, they check muscle mass and fat percentage. If you aren't going to a center, you might want to look into getting a scale that monitors that, as well. EatSmart has one with wicked awesome reviews- http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Preci...9398776&sr=1-3
Old 01-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #176  

Thank you so much! Since I have been doing this Weigh Loss challenge at my GYM I have gained lots of muscle and lost 4% BF in two weeks.
I know this works and no doubt about it.

Wednesday is Week 3 Weigh in... That means Im going into week 4 of the challenge and ends at 6 weeks.
OUCH

They are measuring % of lbs loss from your weight and determining a winner. I'll keep it up FRIENDS!!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #177  
Living Intuitively

Go, Kona, GO Kona!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
Go, Kona, GO Kona!
awwww thanks!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 222/(see ticker)/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazie View Post
I've got a retreat on Sunday and they want to go to my favorite pizza place from college. I'm going to look at the menu in advance to see what salads they might have. If not, I'll skip it this time. I ate there enough in college and I'm still carrying that weight around!
Well, what's the saying? The best laid plans...yeah, well I didn't follow my plans. I ordered and ate the full calzone and had booze with it, no less! I continued my bad habits on Monday, and now I'm in tons of catered meetings the rest of the week. This is what I seem to do WAY too often.

I'm going to focus on getting back on track, one meal at a time. And get in lots of water to flush the bad stuff out too.

*big sigh*

Last edited by meazie; 01-29-2013 at 04:02 PM.
meazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well. Sorry for being MIA but the darn flu caught me

I was still on plateau at my last check in, no weigh in since then I've been talking to the ladies from my center by phone (to play it safe and not pass this yuck along). I have stayed on plan, taken my HNS and drank plenty of water/fluids however, I haven't eaten all my food, just no appetite.
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote