Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #391  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighog View Post
Today is my first day 100% back on program, minus yesterday's Metaquick (thanks to bigdog & Tamikl for helping with that.) I am amazed at how much better I feel without eating processed foods. When I went off program at my parents' house, I was tired and sluggish all the time. I attributed it to the fact that we traveled 9 hours to get there, but I slept well every night and still needed a nap every day. I only got 6 hours of sleep last night (versus my regular 8) and I feel really good today, and I really believe it has to do with what I'm putting in my body.

I planned on weighing in today but I got busy with paying bills and putting my house back together after traveling & putting Christmas decor up. I may go after my son's gymnastics class and before I pick the other kids up from school, or else I'll just go tomorrow morning before work.
I am with you...after eating Thanksgiving dinner, the entire next day I just dragged..didn't even get dressed! It was the busiest shopping day of the year, and Tami was in a robe in bed! I wasn't even sick!! I do think it had to do with a high amount of carbs that my body is no longer used to having...I have felt better getting back OP.....
Old 11-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #392  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post

rocki-Worthington dress pants from penney's. They come in "short" which re the perfect length for me. They are $15.88 today (and I think free shipping).
Ditto on the Worthington pants from JCP! Their "short" are the best-fitting pants I've had in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
thks for the info...i wasn't sure how that worked. so when you reach your goal, do you have to go to center to weigh in to get stabilization/maintenance info? i'm just wondering if i haven't reached my goal by the end of my 17 weeks (Dec. 17th) if they will give me the maintenance info anyway. guess i can ask....but if anyone knows, please feel free to share :-)
YOu've already paid for the maintenance, so they kind of have to. They'll pressure you to re-enroll and meet your goal, but if you absolutely don't want to continue past that date, they'll stabilize you for maintenance.

I was at 197 when I started stabilization, and my "goal" was 191. They wanted me to re-set my goal for a lower weight and work towards that, but I told them no because I wanted to start trying to get pregnant in June, so I wanted to start stabilization in May (a big motivator for my weight loss was to try to make it easier to get pregnant). They also wanted me to wait until I was closer to my goal weight (w/in 2-4lbs) to stabilize, but we were also going to Alaska for 10 days in early June, so I wanted to be pretty much done stabilizing by then. Basically, they were okay with it.

You're pretty close to goal, aren't you?

Last edited by teacherlady79; 11-28-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 178/178/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi all,

Haven't posted for a while but finally made it to goal on Saturday. I have my stabilization appt. for this Saturday. I weighed in before Thanksgiving and after so I could get a few 2 weeks. I was getting close. Congrats to everyone for getting right back OP after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #394  

Brandy...

Congrats on reaching goal. That is great.

Patzi
Old 11-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #395  

Morning, all! I had wanted to be down to 173 by the end of the week...but I was this morning I'm so happy! I didn't end up buying pants because I went through the prebaby clothes I kept and had just "enough" to get by. With the weight I want to lose I anticipate going down another size, maybe 2. So even if I have to pay a little more, better off not buying a pair of pants that will only fit for a month or two
Old 11-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #396  

Hi...
I had maintenance weigh in and lost 1/2 pound and gained 3 free weeks on maintenance, which was added to the maintenance I just bought.

If y'all recall, after Thanksgiving day I weighed in and gained 2 1/2 pounds.. This is what I did to take it off starting Friday after the holiday thru Monday.

I did the shake in moring with HNS mixed in it for breakfast, shake for lunch
with HNS mixed in it and a regular meal at night.. I did this for one day.

Rest of the time I stayed strict on the green menu... So, I am 5 1/2 pounds under goal as of today, so I am a happy camper...

There was a class going on today and I sat in there for about 5 minutes after weigh in, then had to come to work.. They were saying, one who constantly cheats, can sometimes get away with it while losing weight, but it will catch up to one when you are on maintenance. If one does not discipline themselves and eat according to program, they will have a big problem during maintenance.. Just thought I would share that.

Congrats to all that lost weight.. I am a bit confused on forum messages, am not sure if I answered some or not...

Wishing you all a great weight loss week, and I know some are going to be starting stabilization.. If any questions, I would be more than glad to help you,

Patzi
Old 11-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #397  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Once again I need to merge.

The problem is that you are trying to quote previous posts individually with multiple replies instead of using the multi-quote which is the last symbol lower right.

When I merge your last two posts, you will see what it should look like.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 202/152/150

Height: 5' 7"

@ Brandy - Congratulations!

I remember seeing my goal weight pop up on the scale. What a wonderful feeling! My husband took me to St. Maarten once I hit my goal weight. How wonderful it was to be on the beach with a two piece bathing suit and have the confidence that I looked good. I just wanted to scream .. do you see this body .. I didn't have this 6 months ago. LOL! Its funny how weight loss can boost your self-esteem.

@ Patzi - Good deal getting those few extra pounds off.

@ nwcgina - You are so right to hold off on buying clothes. During my nine months OP, I dropped four sizes. Each size I would have to buy 3-4 pairs of pants just to go to work. I have eleven black garbage bags in my basement with size 14, 12 & 10 clothes. I told myself when I maintained my weight for one year then I would donate all old clothes to a woman's shelter or goodwill. Now that I have a good supply of size 8 (and 6 depending on the manufacturer), I am determined to keep the weight off just to fit into my new clothes (they were expensive!).
Old 11-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #399  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy8188 View Post
Hi all,

Haven't posted for a while but finally made it to goal on Saturday. I have my stabilization appt. for this Saturday. I weighed in before Thanksgiving and after so I could get a few 2 weeks. I was getting close. Congrats to everyone for getting right back OP after Thanksgiving.
CONGRATULATIONS! You're an inspiration to us all! Can't wait to be there with you!

I finally weighed in this morning after Thanksgiving week. If y'all remember, my goal was to maintain over Thanksgiving. I know I did gain 1 or 2 pounds but I took care of it quickly once I returned home and I was actually down 1/2 pound! I'm so excited that I didn't totally ruin my diet AND I got to enjoy Thanksgiving. I was also measured today--down 9.25 inches!

And this is random, but I'm having a shake for lunch because I just got off work and I have to rush over to my kids' school for volunteer work in just a few minutes...and BRRRRR! I'm freezing now!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Just got back from WI with measurements. I'm down 3 pounds from my last WI which I was actually up a bit, but it was the day after Thanksgiving so I was OK with that. I'm also down a total of 51.7in from the start of the program. Good luck with WI this week.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #401  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, Ladies! Things happened within the past couple of weeks that made me think I should stop posting, but I miss you all and the support too much. However, I am out of the MRC menu distribution business. Sorry! Let's just say I tried to do something nice for everyone and got burnt by it. Lesson learned and that's all I'm going to say about it.

Anyway, if you look at my ticker, you can see that I made it to the 140's!!!! WOOHOO!!! I actually signed the 50 pound board last Saturday. I stayed OP Thanksgiving day and it was so worth it. Got my braclet and celebration music too. I still can't believe I'm only 2 pounds from my wedding weight.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #402  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
BigDog: You do not need to quote the whole previous post. Just highlight the part to which you are responding and paste it into your reply with quotes around it.

For example: using the
{quote} and {/quote} but with square brackets. I hope this helps. Quick reply is for responding to a single post only.

A lot of this information is in the Forum Help Section in the main forum.
i always reply to a single post by clicking the Quick Reply at the bottom right of the thread. (Quote by you: Quick reply is for responding to a single post only. )
do you want us to instead click the "Post Reply" at the left top of the page? i never hit the quote button or multi quote button at the bottom...
whatever is easier for you guys, just let us know :-)

thanks!

Last edited by bigdog; 11-29-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #403  

Height: 5'0"

I stayed on plan even over Thanksgiving, and lost 2.5 pounds, putting me at 20 pounds lost. In less than 2 months! This program really works....
Old 11-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #404  

JenB.

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you. I know how hard you have tried and how much effort you have put into the challenge and look at you today.. Great job, be proud of yourself.

Patzi
Old 11-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #405  

Height: 5' 5"

PamBlue - Congratulations!!!! That's awesome. Staying OP during Thanksgiving isn't easy. I don't know about you, but I felt such a sense of accomplishment at the end of the night.

Patzi - Thanks! Only 9.5 to go! Almost there!
Closed Thread