Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #331  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Hi..
I put an order in yesterday with Diet Direct and did not order the chocolate truffle powder.. I put it on search and could not find it... Whenever someone has a chance, would you be so kind as to give me the exact name and the manufacturer so I can look up the specs on it and order next time around.

I should have done live chat, but at time was in a hurry.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.... One think I am blessed with is that I found this forum of friends that have been a great help to me.

Patzi
you should have replied or posted..i have this site set up so when there is a new message, it sends it to my personal email. .i was slammed w/ early holiday deadlines but was checking emails too (always looking for motivational tips!) the brand is Syntrax if you look on the left of the Diet Direct website. i like it because it mixes well and lower in cal. and higher in protein 23 g. check out the Nashua site too, they give out 3 free samples :-) same price too i think or maybe even cheaper...
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
P.S. here's the link.. http://www.dietdirect.com/syntrax-nectar.html

Last edited by bigdog; 11-24-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #332  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Nice refreshing drink.. Bring this to work and sip on during day..

Lipton puts out a tea called White tea, blueberry & pomegranate. I have this large applesauce jar, and I put about 3-4 teabags in there, boiling water and let steep ... When cool I put in fridge.. When I take to work, I add peach HNS or Pomegranate HNS with some stevia for sweetener and it is so refreshing and delicious.. I usually only drink decafinated tea as that can be counted as water, but this is not, but I like it, and figure one of my maintenance options.. My friend tried it with some liquor in it, but not sure which, I think tequila, but again, not sure. Watch your sweetener, as you may not need it when you add the HNS, but I like it with a bit of stevia and sometimes some fresh mint from garden.

Patzi
this sounds wonderful! i am always looking for some good teas. i would drink it hot..i always need to warm up in the winter! that's funny that they mix tequila w/ it.. one of my friends loves pomegranate and always makes martinis..i'll have to tell her about it.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #333  
April 29, 2011

S/C/G: 158/111.0/120

Height: 5'0"

It's actually Syntrax Nectar ( I had a lot of trouble finding it myself, using search)...finally went to the brands on the left side and found the closest one to Syntax which had been posted here and found it! Who knew one little letter can cause so much trouble!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Old 11-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #334  

Thanks everyone for the help with the chocolate truffle item.. Just the name is good...

Happy Thanksgiving..

Patzi
Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #335  

Survived Thanksgiving at the inlaws. First this morning was helping at a community Thanksgiving meal thing...wasn't even tempted even though I packaged desserts. Then on to the inlaws. I had asked SEVERAL times if there was going to be a fresh vegetable...and I had been assured several times there would be broccoli or fresh green beans...there were neither So it was pretty much my turkey and baked apples with one bite of sweet potato and one bite of stuffing (and my diet rite with grape HNS...yum!). i was a little crabby...I would have brought my own as I don't expect others to cater to me, but since I had thought there would be something. So I had to go for a walk while people ate dessert just to refocus...it wasn't that big of a deal, I know

Anyone do the black Friday shopping. I'm going at 10 to just get a few things then into bed. Sister and I did it last year from midnight til noon...it was fun but we paid for it later!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #336  

nwcgina...
You did very well yesterday, be proud of yourself...

For the first time since maintenance and MRC, yesterday, I decided to eat what I wanted in moderation. Welllllllll, got on scale and gained 2 1/4 pounds. That is how my body works. I have until weigh in of Tuesday to get it off.. I lose so slowly, decided to go back to the green menu starting today and hope for the best. Sometimes I get sick of this, but I refuse to gain the weight back. I did take fat and carb blockers, twice yesterday.

What I ate was, turkey, gravy, stuffing, squash, cranberry sauce, and later on a small piece of pumpkin pie..I brought the pie, so know it was Libby's light. And to top the evening, a glass of sangria .

But everyone's body is different.. I ate trigger foods.. One is CARBS& sugars. Too many, but that is ok.. I had a plan, went by it, today is another day. That is the trick. Nothing is wrong.One must remember this. There were so many desserts and appetizers I did not eat, and it was easy. I had my focus on the meal, a drink and a dessert all in moderation.

My plan was to be thankful for everything yesterday, allow myself some indulgences, in moderation, as I did not overstuff or overeat, look forward to the day, savor every bite and be thankful,and today, go back to normal eating. I am not beating myself up, and don not feel angry at myself. I have overcome that type of thinking. Took me a long time coming.Am I happy with weight gain, nope... But it is as it is.

That is my story of yesteday.. Have a great day, everyone.
Patzi
Old 11-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #337  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
Survived Thanksgiving at the inlaws. First this morning was helping at a community Thanksgiving meal thing...wasn't even tempted even though I packaged desserts. Then on to the inlaws. I had asked SEVERAL times if there was going to be a fresh vegetable...and I had been assured several times there would be broccoli or fresh green beans...there were neither So it was pretty much my turkey and baked apples with one bite of sweet potato and one bite of stuffing (and my diet rite with grape HNS...yum!). i was a little crabby...I would have brought my own as I don't expect others to cater to me, but since I had thought there would be something. So I had to go for a walk while people ate dessert just to refocus...it wasn't that big of a deal, I know

Anyone do the black Friday shopping. I'm going at 10 to just get a few things then into bed. Sister and I did it last year from midnight til noon...it was fun but we paid for it later!
and you even asked several times..that's crazy isn't it? when we used to go to my parent's house to visit, they knew they had better have veggies on the table. even as a kid, i demanded it! haha (5 brothers and sisters and they'd say, better have a veggie on the table for Miss Priss) LOL! i took a veggie tray over to the inlaws yesterday (bought it prepared- cheaper than me making it) so had that to munch on before dinner... had turkey, broccoli, gravy (20 cal.) and a bite of stuffing and sweet potato casserole...made a cranberry orange relish w/ splenda so that was OP and for dessert, my 50 cal. pumpkin fluff.
so all good, did have red wine so walked an extra couple miles this am and will jump on my exercise bike today too. may go shopping to burn off some calories too! or might wait till tomorrow in the 70s today so really want to soak up some rays on the deck and read:-)

Last edited by bigdog; 11-25-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #338  
Motivated Member

Quote:
nwcgina...
You did very well yesterday, be proud of yourself...

For the first time since maintenance and MRC, yesterday, I decided to eat what I wanted in moderation. Welllllllll, got on scale and gained 2 1/4 pounds. That is how my body works. I have until weigh in of Tuesday to get it off.. I lose so slowly, decided to go back to the green menu starting today and hope for the best. Sometimes I get sick of this, but I refuse to gain the weight back. I did take fat and carb blockers, twice yesterday.

What I ate was, turkey, gravy, stuffing, squash, cranberry sauce, and later on a small piece of pumpkin pie..I brought the pie, so know it was Libby's light. And to top the evening, a glass of sangria .

But everyone's body is different.. I ate trigger foods.. One is CARBS& sugars. Too many, but that is ok.. I had a plan, went by it, today is another day. That is the trick. Nothing is wrong.One must remember this. There were so many desserts and appetizers I did not eat, and it was easy. I had my focus on the meal, a drink and a dessert all in moderation.

My plan was to be thankful for everything yesterday, allow myself some indulgences, in moderation, as I did not overstuff or overeat, look forward to the day, savor every bite and be thankful,and today, go back to normal eating. I am not beating myself up, and don not feel angry at myself. I have overcome that type of thinking. Took me a long time coming.Am I happy with weight gain, nope... But it is as it is.

That is my story of yesteday.. Have a great day, everyone.
Patzi
Patzi, you know this better than me....it's water weight and if you up the water and do an extra HNS, it will be off before Sunday, i bet. 3500 calories for one pound, right? you did great, the key is moderation and i consider that a success when you think about all the things you didn't eat :-) i had a bite of the pecan pie....my pumpkin fluff was way better. and next year, i'll make the sweet potatoes instead of buying from Publix. pure sugar and like a souffle. when i make them, i use spray butter and lite maple syrup or even orange juice. stuff you buy is so overloaded w/ butter and sugar....even my counselor said she likes the fact when i go off plan, at least i make healthy choices... that's why i like new food suggestions...i never want to regain so if i can find great substitutes for all the stuff i used to eat, it would be a perfect thin world. haha!!
Old 11-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #339  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Well, I relate to Patzi....I had a nice Thanksgiving, but also enjoyed everything offered Like her, I have chosen to just get back on track today, and not beat myself up about it. It was one day, one meal only I think that so long as our daily intake doesn't look like Thanksgiving dinner, we will all be ok!!

Cutting myself slack is a pretty big step for me...and dang that dessert was good! LOL

Last edited by Tamikl; 11-25-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 192/175/165

Yep, Tamiki, I echo your sentiment...that pumpkin pie tasted soooo good, not to mention the stuffing...only a few bites, and that juicy dark meat turkey. And now back to program. To all, what are your best "fixes" to countering off program choices? Lots and lots of water? Extra HNS? Exercise, of course.......
It's just one day, one meal, one weekend.......
Old 11-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

I weighed in tuesday and then again today (our center was offering 3 free weeks if you lost at least 1/2 after thanksgiving. Tuesday the scale had not moved since the prior week but no big deal since it had only been a few days. Yesterday I stayed OP...which wasn't too hard but I did pass up on a few favorites. Didn't feel any lighter today but went to weigh in anyway. My husband yelled when he saw the scale. Not only did I lose .5 for my free week but I lost 1.5 to be able to sign the 30 lb board. It was so worth it for me to pass on those few items for one meal!!
Old 11-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #342  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy in Florida View Post
I weighed in tuesday and then again today (our center was offering 3 free weeks if you lost at least 1/2 after thanksgiving. Tuesday the scale had not moved since the prior week but no big deal since it had only been a few days. Yesterday I stayed OP...which wasn't too hard but I did pass up on a few favorites. Didn't feel any lighter today but went to weigh in anyway. My husband yelled when he saw the scale. Not only did I lose .5 for my free week but I lost 1.5 to be able to sign the 30 lb board. It was so worth it for me to pass on those few items for one meal!!
That's fantastic, Fluffy!! and what great motivation!!! not sure if our center had any contests like that - shoot i would have lost to win something! and lose weight to boot. and you have your own cheerleader!! woo hoo! :-)
Old 11-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #343  

Fluffy in Florida...

Good for you.. Be proud of yourself... So happy for you. I believe my center will give me three weeks maintenance free if I lose on Tuesday.. I am OP today. I have gone back to the green menu, and will stay there till Tuesday.

Patzi
Old 11-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #344  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I got my box today (so excited) but they only gave me one sample (chocomint bar).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
you should have replied or posted..i have this site set up so when there is a new message, it sends it to my personal email. .i was slammed w/ early holiday deadlines but was checking emails too (always looking for motivational tips!) the brand is Syntrax if you look on the left of the Diet Direct website. i like it because it mixes well and lower in cal. and higher in protein 23 g. check out the Nashua site too, they give out 3 free samples :-) same price too i think or maybe even cheaper...
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
P.S. here's the link.. http://www.dietdirect.com/syntrax-nectar.html
Old 11-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #345  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

You're in the Panhandle, right? That's great about the loss and free 3 weeks, but my center was only offering ONE free week! Dang! I lost 4 lbs from Monday (at weigh in today), and only got 1 free week. That's not FAIR! (In my best baby voice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy in Florida View Post
Closed Thread