Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:29 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 196/168/165

Height: 5'7" 1/2

Hello everyone, I have been enjoying your posts but have a question.
I want to go Off Program on Thanksgiving day and have talked to my center about it, she suggest the fat blocker but also says that it may be 3 days before my body starts back losing the weight. What is the point of the fat blocker?
Should I just save my $$ and just drinks lots of water and not pig out?

Also, do you use condiments: steak sauce, ketchup?
Will it hurt me a lot? Your feedback would be appreciated.
sexyrene
Old 11-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Opps

I am such a creature of habit...I had to post this and tell on myself.
I've been trying to make things for my husband to eat (so as not to be totally selfish and only cook for myself) He really wanted a carrot cake. I,ve been so OP that I thought I could do this and not be tempted. Soooo I baked the cake for him. Cream Cheese frosting and all. Did fine, didn't want any. I'm cutting the cake to serve to him and some friends and without even realizing it my finger tip covered with frosting was in my mouth. I did not even realize I had done this until my mouth came alive with this wonderful flavor sensation.
I was mortified. This will probably throw my whole fat burning off for the week.
I'm not safe with food even when I don't want to eat it.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #243  
Goddess in Training

S/C/G: 284/209/150

Height: 5'3

I got to sign the 30 lb board today!!!!
I am weighing in again on Friday as part of my accountability agreement.
I'm a little worried, since on Fridays when I WI, I am usually either the same or up a pound, but oh well.

On to the 40 lb board!!
Hope everyone has a GREAT Thanksgiving and good luck to you all!!

Last edited by kathyb712; 11-23-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #244  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Thank you very much, it's nice to know that we're missed occasionally. I'm here, but haven't felt much like posting myself. Since my b-day I've been totally off program and then got sick and have just gone crazy (again sigh). Today is the first day that I've felt 100% back to my old self and am going to get back on program hopefully by Monday. I think I'm going to do the MQ for a few days. I have not been in a good place for me personally and really didn't think I had much to contribute this week, but I have been coming each day to read everyone's posts. Congrats to all you losers out there and keep hanging in. I'm up significantly on the scales (11 lbs in almost 2 weeks) and know what I need to do, but am just not in the right frame of mind to think/want to think about this program. I will get back on it...it's just a matter of when.
oh sweetie, i totally feel you on not wanting to post when you're out of whack! i've been on the same track of late. i'm hoping that now that i'm on metabalance, i can get back on track and start losing again. i feel like i've been stalled out at 185 for YEARS. the saddest thing is that today is supposed to be the end of my contract and i only made it a third of the way i'll re-sign if they ask me to, though, because i know that this truly is the plan for me. i just need to STICK to it!! the weeks go so well but then on weekends it's as if i completely lose sight of what i'm doing and go hog wild. i ate pizza this weekend, and had a small blizzard from DQ. what is that all about?? it kills me that i can't seem to get to the bottom of this behavior. *sigh*

just hang in there, and as a wise fish once said, just keep swimming...

p.s., your family photos are so gorgeous. what a great-looking family!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Thank you very much, it's nice to know that we're missed occasionally. I'm here, but haven't felt much like posting myself. Since my b-day I've been totally off program and then got sick and have just gone crazy (again sigh). Today is the first day that I've felt 100% back to my old self and am going to get back on program hopefully by Monday. I think I'm going to do the MQ for a few days. I have not been in a good place for me personally and really didn't think I had much to contribute this week, but I have been coming each day to read everyone's posts. Congrats to all you losers out there and keep hanging in. I'm up significantly on the scales (11 lbs in almost 2 weeks) and know what I need to do, but am just not in the right frame of mind to think/want to think about this program. I will get back on it...it's just a matter of when.
Hey Noahsmama,
Love the new Avatar and pic, what a wonderful family you have!! You look wonderful lady, you've done so good! I may be totally out of line here saying this but have you considered stabilizing and going into maintenance where you are currently at and then making the last 10 lbs next year's goal? It could be you "pre-summer" goal. You look great, Im sure you feel great... maybe you could use a little break to give your body time to adjust to where you currently are and then restart in the new year with a fresh outlook... just something to consider :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadqueen View Post
I am such a creature of habit...I had to post this and tell on myself.
I've been trying to make things for my husband to eat (so as not to be totally selfish and only cook for myself) He really wanted a carrot cake. I,ve been so OP that I thought I could do this and not be tempted. Soooo I baked the cake for him. Cream Cheese frosting and all. Did fine, didn't want any. I'm cutting the cake to serve to him and some friends and without even realizing it my finger tip covered with frosting was in my mouth. I did not even realize I had done this until my mouth came alive with this wonderful flavor sensation.
I was mortified. This will probably throw my whole fat burning off for the week.
I'm not safe with food even when I don't want to eat it.
Ugghh, I've had moments like these, like when you accidentally sip someone's elses drink (hubby's) and it's sweet tea, EEEK! Don't worry though, I'm sure the impact is minimal compared to actually eating a bite of the cake or a whole piece. Sounds like you're doing great though :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotMama View Post
Way to Go! I finally got to sign the 10# board today too! This is so hard to do with my hubby since he is losing weight twice as fast as me. Oh well, that's 10 lbs down however many more to go. I WILL DO IT! Yeah Me and all of you!
10 lbs is wonderful, Congratulations!!

Congrats to all the losers out there!!! You are doing sooo good ;0) For all the strugglers, hang in there, you'll see the losing end of the scale again soon if you just keep on keepin on!

I've missed everyone, glad to see you're doing so good. I just had my first ultrasound, baby was the size of a bean with a little heart beat, how sweet indeed! Doing good on the home scale, maintaining as hoped. Had a few bad days in the food dept the past week, went a little wild which did more havoc to my stomach than the scale which was great motivation to get back with the program today. It just feels better to eat right! Take Care everyone!!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #246  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
oh sweetie, i totally feel you on not wanting to post when you're out of whack! i've been on the same track of late. i'm hoping that now that i'm on metabalance, i can get back on track and start losing again. i feel like i've been stalled out at 185 for YEARS. the saddest thing is that today is supposed to be the end of my contract and i only made it a third of the way i'll re-sign if they ask me to, though, because i know that this truly is the plan for me. i just need to STICK to it!! the weeks go so well but then on weekends it's as if i completely lose sight of what i'm doing and go hog wild. i ate pizza this weekend, and had a small blizzard from DQ. what is that all about?? it kills me that i can't seem to get to the bottom of this behavior. *sigh*

just hang in there, and as a wise fish once said, just keep swimming...

p.s., your family photos are so gorgeous. what a great-looking family!
Thank you for you kind words and comments about my new pics

I finally went in Saturday morning to 'face the music' and they showed me up 14 lbs (I figured it would be higher). But I re-signed for an additionall 10 weeks that will take me through 2/6/10. I had so wanted to be done by now, but oh well. Today is my first day back on program...or so I thought. I had my usual bfast (scrambled eggs/toast), then had 2 small choc. chop cookies (those are the devil) and then now I'm eating a choc. crunch meal replacement bar for lunch. I REALLY want to go get some cheese pringles, but am trying to avoid it but don't know that I'll choose to stay away from it.

I knew I was going back OP today and yesterday I thought of some foods that I wanted to eat. I ate some things that I've had before and it was funny how they didn't taste as good as I thought they had before (even just a few days ago when I ate them).

I've got 20 pounds now to go and I hope I can! I'm going to go ahead and skip my Nov challenge lol and start on my December goal!
Old 11-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I've been horribly off plan for a week. Not sure what happened. It's as though I've never heard of MRC. Lots of big portions of carbs. I'm up 5 lbs and since I ate over 2000 calories 3 days in a row, I know some of it is actual fat.

My new jeans are uncomfortably tight and I feel very guilty.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #248  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

blah, this is just a bad month for some of us! let's just try to make the most of each decision--weigh it carefully and decide if it's worth it. i think going one tiny step at a time is so much less overwhelming than looking at the big picture and thinking it's ruined by a mistake!

today i had a salad with chicken pesto on it from my favorite restaurant, and it came with two tiny disc-shaped pieces of bread (about the size of a half-dollar) cut from a baguette. i ate them, because i knew they would be delicious, and omitted my apple to make up for it. was it a better choice than skipping the bread and going for the apple? no. but it was, in my opinion, a better choice than eating both! so i'm going to call it a win. (also a win: ignoring the fresh-baked apple butter muffins sitting on the counter where i ordered!)
Old 11-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyrene View Post
Hello everyone, I have been enjoying your posts but have a question.
I want to go Off Program on Thanksgiving day and have talked to my center about it, she suggest the fat blocker but also says that it may be 3 days before my body starts back losing the weight. What is the point of the fat blocker?
Should I just save my $$ and just drinks lots of water and not pig out?

Also, do you use condiments: steak sauce, ketchup?
Will it hurt me a lot? Your feedback would be appreciated.
sexyrene
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Carb blockers are so you don't gain any (or so much) weight when you go off program. And yes, it does take you 3 days to get your body back into the fat burning mode.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #250  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
I can understand. LOVE THE PICTURE! Glad to know you guys are there, but just know you are missed. Hang in there and I truly hope it all gets better for you soon.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #251  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Roadqueen,
I am sure the little taste won't hurt much. We are such creatures of habit. I was the same way when I started. Now I am just constantly washing my hands. Always seem to have something on them. I made my girls homemade CC cookies last night. After each batch went in the oven the left overs on my fingers went into the sink. I didn't even have a taste. I'm learning!

Kathyb712,
Congratulations. Awesome achievement.

leatruthie,
I know what you mean. I don't know what it is about this month. I feel I am back in the game completely though. Three days with not one thing extra in my stomach and I just got through with a Jillian Michaels workout. I had left her behind for about 3 weeks and am adding her back into my routine. She is kinda mean though!

I was really stressing about Tday but 3 days ago I decided to just let it go and eat what I can. Told myself with two teenage girls and their cookie and brownie likes that are always around that I can stay away from that I don't need to worry. Since I told myself this. I have not stressed and not eaten off plan. Such head games.

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 11-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #252  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

I am behind on posts. Lori123321 are you still with us?

noahsmama,
Love the pic. You are your family and beautiful.

Last edited by rip; 11-23-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: adding test
Old 11-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #253  

Some thoughts on Thanksgiving. It seems as if it's our culture's big food-based holiday. So all of us will have choices to make about what we are going to eat or not eat for ONE meal.

That's all Thanksgiving dinner is --- ONE meal. So, if you choose to stay OP, plan ahead because you will be the only one eating that way. If you choose to eat whatever you want, then enjoy it for ONE meal. Try small servings of your favorites, be picky about what you choose, and know that the very next time you eat, you will be back OP. If you're hosting, make sure and send the leftovers home with your guests, if you're a guest, don't take anything home. Drink a lot of water, make sure it's only the ONE meal. You will be up for a day or two, but if you stick to the program, you will be fine.

I think the one drawback of doing that is that it's tempting to keep it up, but if you feel confident that you can make it a one-time thing, then do it if that's what you want and don't stress yourself out about it. I wouldn't bother with the carb/fat blockers ... if you choose to eat off program, then eat off-program ... just plan for it, don't do it mindlessly.

Perhaps just try focusing on enjoying the company around you, keep your hands busy ... do a puzzle, play some games, go for a group walk after you eat.

I hope you each have a very happy Thanksgiving and that it doesn't cause too much stress in the food department anyway! Family .... well that can be a whole different issue ... LOL.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Some thoughts on Thanksgiving. It seems as if it's our culture's big food-based holiday. So all of us will have choices to make about what we are going to eat or not eat for ONE meal.

That's all Thanksgiving dinner is --- ONE meal. So, if you choose to stay OP, plan ahead because you will be the only one eating that way. If you choose to eat whatever you want, then enjoy it for ONE meal. Try small servings of your favorites, be picky about what you choose, and know that the very next time you eat, you will be back OP. If you're hosting, make sure and send the leftovers home with your guests, if you're a guest, don't take anything home. Drink a lot of water, make sure it's only the ONE meal. You will be up for a day or two, but if you stick to the program, you will be fine.

I think the one drawback of doing that is that it's tempting to keep it up, but if you feel confident that you can make it a one-time thing, then do it if that's what you want and don't stress yourself out about it. I wouldn't bother with the carb/fat blockers ... if you choose to eat off program, then eat off-program ... just plan for it, don't do it mindlessly.

Perhaps just try focusing on enjoying the company around you, keep your hands busy ... do a puzzle, play some games, go for a group walk after you eat.

I hope you each have a very happy Thanksgiving and that it doesn't cause too much stress in the food department anyway! Family .... well that can be a whole different issue ... LOL.
Deb, that was excellent advice. I so agree with you. This is my first time going through a Holiday while on MRC. (Except for my b-day...come on...it was a national holiday...you all just forgot...)

My problem is, I have two Thanksgivings, one on Thursday, one on Friday. I have decided I will take small portions and sample all the things that I have been deprived of. But I will do it moderately, knowing I will not overstuff myself to where I can barely move. I will enjoy my dinner with my families and not worry about being OP for those two days. I can do that!!!! And come Saturday, I will be drinking a glass of HNS and my usual 2 eggs and toast. I'm not going to worry about both of these days. I just plan to enjoy the heck out of them, but wisely!

EVERYONE HAVE A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING, AND IF YOU ARE TRAVELING, HAVE A SAFE TRIP. I WILL MISS YOU ALL FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post

My thoughts exactly!
Closed Thread