Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #61  
Bringing Sassy Back

S/C/G: 232/226/130

Height: 5' 2"

Just wondering, how often do you all weigh yourselves at home?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #62  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
Nahh on the drinks, I was just throwing out suggestions. Supposedly vodka has the least effect on your metabolism, and should be the dieters drink of choice.

I drink an HNS with each meal, but I have to get in 3, with a max of 5. I usually do 1 with each meal, then 1 mid morning for 4 total in the day. My afternoon snack I take around 4pm holds me over enough til dinner. That way, I am getting protein in around 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 8pm.

If you only get 2/3 HNS, I would space them however makes you LEAST hungry, but maybe always with lunch, due to the fruit.
My thoughts exactly! I am not looking for an excuse to drink, but if I am going to have a few, I want to drink the best possible of the worst.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #63  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Good morning!
My DH and I had our 40th wedding anniversary party yesterday (my first week of stabilization), and had the chance to see lots of folks we hadn't seen in awhile so that warranted quite a few NSVs. (He's been dieting along with me without the HNS and has lost 45 lbs.) You can imagine the comments we had on our weight loss.

My best NSV of the day was swinging on a swingset with both my 3 and 1 year old grandsons on my lap, then sliding down the slide in my size 6 pants. I couldn't fit my butt onto the slide six months ago! Gosh, it is so great to not only look better but feel better, too.

My DH surprised me with a ruby necklace and a week long trip to Hawaii in October, which falls on my first week of maintenance. That could prove to be challenging, but I think I'm up for it. I had one bite each of a german chocolate cheese cake and a cherry topped cheesecake yesterday, along with staying pretty much OP with everything else (it helped that I got to approve the menu!) and my scale at home shows me down 1lb this morning.

Here's to an OP week for everyone!

Judy
Gma to 4
How wonderful!!!! Those are wonderful NSV's (I may have to add the swingset and slide on my freedom list)! AND!!!! What a wonderful gift and surprise from your husband. I'm so happy for you!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #64  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Shannon, Girl better be happy u did not lose a foot, hummm I wounder how much a foot weighs??? maybe a pound or 2..... j/k

My thoughts exactly!!!! haha!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #65  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
My thoughts exactly!!!! haha!
That's an idea!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #66  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

I am going to go to WI to day and I know I am going to be up, I did not get all my water in Sat. cuz we had or 1st Peewee football game, 8 hours at the ball game, but I did get my HNS and pills in. I just hope it is not to bad. I have to just U trun!!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #67  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
On another note, do you all drink a HNS with dinner? I remember the counselor telling me NOT to have one at dinner but I could ave one at mid afternoon or after dinner. Now I wonder if that was because I was on one of the earlier menus? Just a thought to help speed up the weight loss.
I don't drink one with dinner but I have one about 4PM (usually I'm a little hungry or craving something around then) and I have my 4th & final one before I go to bed. I was told the same thing you were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan View Post
I don't! We've got one of those home Tanita scales and my husband uses it weekly but I don't use it. I find -for me- I get too stressed out if I weigh at home. So I just weigh in at the center.
Now, once I go on maintenance I will be using my home scale. It's nice because you can program it for several people.

Rocki Good to hear from you and glad you had fun in Vegas!

I'm going to the Finding the Connection class tonight so I'll let you all know about it tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #68  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I went to WI today and was down 2.5 pounds since last Thursday. I'm pretty excited about that! I should get to sign the 20 pound board on Thursday. That's what I am keeping my fingers crossed for.

On my home scale I was at 299.5 this morning! I was thrilled!! Now just to get there at the center!

I met with the manager this morning and she thanked me for talking to her about the situation. She agreed that I should not meet with that particular counselor anymore and she was going to let that counselor know to skip me in the rotation. She said that she is disappointed that someone on her staff is not encouraging. She did mention that this particular counselor has not ever had a weight problem. I was REALLY relieved after the discussion and it made me feel good about the center.

Thanks everyone for your FABULOUS support!!
Old 09-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #69  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
On a NSV note, my work pants, which I haven't had on for 2 weeks were much loser today even though I weigh the same. Maybe the inches are still coming off even if the pounds aren't. I feel better just getting my mishaps off my chest.
Keep working the plan one day at a time...you'll get there. I think it is good to confess the slip ups. It keeps you more accountable.

Next time you are frustrated just remember those pants that were looser. This is working for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Personal update--I think possibly, maybe, I just might have broken through a plateau... I was down 4 lbs this morning from yesterday, but I'm going to wait and see what tomorrow brings before updating my ticker, just to make sure it's real. I didn't realize I was on a plateau...just thought I'd had too many BLTs, not enough sleep, and just a little stress.
That is fantastic!! It might have been good that you didn't realize it was a plateau. It might have made you stressed out. I'm glad you broke through!!

[QUOTE=Gma to 4;2351262][COLOR="RoyalBlueThanks for all the nice comments on my anniversary. I've updated my avatar and my profile pictures and was amazed to actually "see" the changes. I still see short and chunky (flabby tummy, bat wing arms) when I look in the mirror, so this helps me focus on the overall picture.[/QUOTE]

This picture is even more fantastic than the last!! No short and chunky on the photo I am looking at.

Quote:
On another note, do you all drink a HNS with dinner? I remember the counselor telling me NOT to have one at dinner but I could ave one at mid afternoon or after dinner. Now I wonder if that was because I was on one of the earlier menus? Just a thought to help speed up the weight loss.
I am on the plan that requires it. I don't often do more than the three required by my plan unless I am really craving a snack in the evening. At my center one of the counselors said to drink one as close as possible to bedtime since there is a huge gap between dinner and breakfast. When I do that I seem to lose a little bit faster.

Quote:
Too often!! Actually I weigh every day. I am able to not let if affect my mood or my plans for the day. Some people can't. I am actually using my home scale as my "official" weight.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #70  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I weigh every day. I've learned a lot from doing that - I know what makes me retain water. I don't get a big horrifying surprise if I've taken ibuprofen & I go for a MRC weigh-in & I'm up a lb or two. I see how quickly I can put on a couple of lbs from an off-plan meal or a shortage of water for a couple of days - and how quickly it can come off if I get right back on the wagon. It works for me. But it doesn't work for everyone.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #71  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
Actually I weigh every day. I am able to not let if affect my mood or my plans for the day. Some people can't. I am actually using my home scale as my "official" weight.
I do the same - my home scale is my "forever" scale. Whatever the MRC scale says is always affected by my clothes, what I've eaten that day, time of day, etc - my at-home weight is much more consistent in that respect.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:53 PM   #72  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I went to WI today and was down 2.5 pounds since last Thursday. I'm pretty excited about that! I should get to sign the 20 pound board on Thursday. That's what I am keeping my fingers crossed for.

On my home scale I was at 299.5 this morning! I was thrilled!! Now just to get there at the center!

I met with the manager this morning and she thanked me for talking to her about the situation. She agreed that I should not meet with that particular counselor anymore and she was going to let that counselor know to skip me in the rotation. She said that she is disappointed that someone on her staff is not encouraging. She did mention that this particular counselor has not ever had a weight problem. I was REALLY relieved after the discussion and it made me feel good about the center.

Thanks everyone for your FABULOUS support!!

Congratulations on the FANTASTIC weight loss this mornin!!! Also glad to hear your meeting with the manager went well this morning.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #73  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

I am just back from weigh in and down .5 lbs. I was hoping to sign the 10 lb board today but at -9.5 I'm not quite there yet. I'm not really discouraged (too much anyway) because I am wearing jeans which have to weigh more than the capri's I have been wearing. Just trusting that the progress will continue if I do what I'm supposed to be doing.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #74  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like another great start to a week of losses. Way to go, everyone.

Quote:
do you all drink a HNS with dinner? I remember the counselor telling me NOT to have one at dinner but I could ave one at mid afternoon or after dinner. Now I wonder if that was because I was on one of the earlier menus? Just a thought to help speed up the weight loss.
Shenanigan: I've got my fingers crossed you make the 171 on Friday. As to the HNS with dinner, I usually have one between 4:30-5:30 p.m. so I can wait to eat dinner at 6:30 p.m. I'm an early riser, so have breakfast by 6:30 a.m., lunch at 11:30 a.m., then have more than a 5 hour stretch to the next meal. I very seldom had a 4th HNS during the time I was on the regular program, as I was never that hungry.

Originally posted by dla; met with the manager this morning and she thanked me for talking to her about the situation. She agreed that I should not meet with that particular counselor anymore and she was going to let that counselor know to skip me in the rotation. She said that she is disappointed that someone on her staff is not encouraging. She did mention that this particular counselor has not ever had a weight problem. I was REALLY relieved after the discussion and it made me feel good about the center. [QUOTE]

dla: Congrats on the 2.5 loss, plus being at 299.5 on your scale. I'll bet your name will be on that 20 lb board Thursday. I'm so glad your conversation with the MRC manager worked out. It sounds like she took you seriously, so hopefully she will have a talk with that counselor so no one else is treated that way.

Quote:
Sassy: I'm like Meemo; I weigh in every morning. If the scale isn't moving, I try to make better choices for what I'm eating, drink more water, and increase my time on the treadmill.

I lost .5 lb. on today's WI and will start week 2 of stabilization on Wednesday. I can't wait to add fruit to breakfasts this week, as one of my favorite things on this plan has been the smoothie for lunch. Don't have a blender here at work, so have had to reserved them for weekends.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 09-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #75  
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
Yup, passed on going to the game though, too hot to go sit through that awful game for 3 hours.

I am saving up for next weekend, which is a bachelors party.

To be honest, my motivating factor today, and with a lot of our weekend outtings, is that I have 2-3 friends that are also 'on' MRC with me (actually convinced me to try it, rather than being on my own), and they cheat all the dang time, and 1 even says he just does MRC during the week. LOL.

So, watching them NOT lose weight, and pay all this damn money, that motivates me to NOT go off plan in front of them, almost in spite.

NOW, if they had ribs on the grill, THAT would have been tough. I am taking about 30lbs of ribs for the LSU game, and my homemade Sticky Hot BBQ sauce, and I am going to dog out some ribs. Also have 2 more weddings in the next 6 weeks, will be in Vegas for 5 days in late October, a 3 day bachelor party in Savannah (Mother and Sons!!) and a bachelor party next weekend. I gotta pick my spots, or I will gorge myself to death in the next 2 months!
SchoonCR - I saw your post about tailgating!! I totally sympathize on passing up on the yummy foods to stay on plan (esp in front of people that want you to cheat!!). I was in Athens last week watching the DAWGS and had to pass on BBQ, baked beans, brownies, deviled eggs, layered dips, BEER,chick-fil-a party trays....need I go on. AHH! Hope your Tigers have a good season. I am still not convinced on all of the hype given to UGA. I guess we will see as the season progresses.
Closed Thread