Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #46  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
You know, you are the customer! You are paying them for a service. And you don't need to be saddled with someone who makes you feel bad! I would absolutely NOT see that counselor again. I think you should either make an appointment with the manager or talk to the manager on the phone and tell them what happened. And do not consult with that person again. It's certainly your right to do that! You are paying good money for professional and courteous guidance and there is no excuse to be treated like you were.
I agree. And if you have a sign-in sheet like we do, I'd just write on the sheet (after talking to the manager) "Not ___" (whatever her name is). Probably wouldn't be necessary, tho, since (hopefully) the mgr would talk to her & tell her not to consult with you any more. Actually, I'd tell the mgr to tell her not to try to "take" you & tell her why. Might make for an uncomfortable visit or two, but hey - you're the customer. And she's the one who should be uncomfortable, not you.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #47  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post
Still thinking about that awful counselor at dla's center...it really bugs me that she made the comment about the 3FC board...and "those people" on here that buy from other places and the recipes, etc. The girls at my center are very supportive and think that 3FC is great if it helps us as we do this thing together!

For her to refer to those on here as "those other people" or whatever she said irritates me. WE are the people who pay MRC, across the country, and that is what gives people such as herself a JOB. Seriously.

OK, I'm climbing down. Off the soapbox. Reluctantly though.

Have a great day, all!!!
Well, it's just ignorant to dismiss a recipe because it didn't come from their book - I know in the past our center encouraged us to bring in new recipes to share with other clients.

On the other hand, I have to laugh tho - if she knows about this board & buying from other sites, etc, maybe she's reading about herself right now.....hmmmmm....
Old 09-07-2008, 08:43 PM   #48  
Shannon

Default Help!!!

I am in a downward spiral! After going off plan for 48 hours last week, I got myself back to where I was on 5 days. Pretty proud of that accomplishment. But last night I had 3 cocktails and a semi OP dinner. Today I went to work at that damn golf course and BLT'd my way through the evening. Now I am looking at the scale with a 4 pound jump from Friday at WI. I know it is water, I know it will come of, but I am having a little willpower issue now. What are your thoughts? Should I do 2 days of MetQuick Mon and Tues to get myself back on track? I did 3 days of MQ on Aug. 27, 28, 29. I have 5 weekend in a row of out of town and parties where I will NOT be very much OP. AAAAAAAAAHH!

On a NSV note, my work pants, which I haven't had on for 2 weeks were much loser today even though I weigh the same. Maybe the inches are still coming off even if the pounds aren't. I feel better just getting my mishaps off my chest.

Last edited by shenanigan; 09-07-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
My best NSV of the day was swinging on a swingset with both my 3 and 1 year old grandsons on my lap, then sliding down the slide in my size 6 pants. I couldn't fit my butt onto the slide six months ago! Gosh, it is so great to not only look better but feel better, too.
Wow, Judy! Congratulations on 40 years, on being able to play with your grandchildren, and for being such a great influence on your husband! I didn't realize he was losing with you--that's wonderful! I'm glad you had such a great weekend, and I'm excited about your upcoming trip!

dla-I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time at your center, but I just looked at your ticker and you are doing great. Go in there tomorrow and get those gals straightened out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
On the other hand, I have to laugh tho - if she knows about this board & buying from other sites, etc, maybe she's reading about herself right now.....hmmmmm....
Ha! I had that same thought.

Personal update--I think possibly, maybe, I just might have broken through a plateau... I was down 4 lbs this morning from yesterday, but I'm going to wait and see what tomorrow brings before updating my ticker, just to make sure it's real. I didn't realize I was on a plateau...just thought I'd had too many BLTs, not enough sleep, and just a little stress.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #50  
Shannon

SIGS:
Congrats on the plateau bust!
Old 09-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I am in a downward spiral! After going off plan for 48 hours last week, I got myself back to where I was on 5 days. Pretty proud of that accomplishment. But last night I had 3 cocktails and a semi OP dinner. Today I went to work at that damn golf course and BLT'd my way through the evening. Now I am looking at the scale with a 4 pound jump from Friday at WI. I know it is water, I know it will come of, but I am having a little willpower issue now. What are your thoughts? Should I do 2 days of MetQuick Mon and Tues to get myself back on track? I did 3 days of MQ on Aug. 27, 28, 29. I have 5 weekend in a row of out of town and parties where I will NOT be very much OP. AAAAAAAAAHH!

On a NSV note, my work pants, which I haven't had on for 2 weeks were much loser today even though I weigh the same. Maybe the inches are still coming off even if the pounds aren't. I feel better just getting my mishaps off my chest.
Nice about the pants!

Just try to make each meal, and then each day as OP as you possibly can. Challenge yourself to follow it to the letter. Drink water til you feel like its at the top of your throat. And then, when you get to the weekends, do the best you can. IF you are going to cheat, get a bigger steak, or second helping of 'meat' of your choice. Go overboard on the true veggies (almost all the carbs are fiber, pass right through). With the cocktails, bourbon and diet coke? Scotch and water? The simple sugars are what kills on this diet, do everything you can to avoid those. If you cheat, double up on the protein and water for the day, if possible.

Sorry, just kinda throwing my thoughts out there, but it looks like you are beating yourself up too much, so don't weigh yourself after those types of weekends, wait until Tues or Wednesday.

As for metaquick, never done it. BUT, I have used the shakes as a meal replacement at dinner, when I was just out of food at the house, or to lazy to do any more cooking/dishes, and while I hate them, I always went to bed feeling light, and waking up feeling even lighter. Sure wouldn't be a bad way to jump start a U turn. Try just doing an OP breakfast (skip the cheese), a salad and lean protein for lunch (apple or raspberry's as fruit - more fiber, so less carb to hold onto water or stop fat burning), and then the shake for dinner. Try to use your HNS with your carbs of the day, if you can, BUT, don't go more than 3-4 hours without either a snack, or an HNS, if your plan allows.

More rambling...
Old 09-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #52  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

GMA to 4 – Happy anniversary and congrats on the NSVs!! Sounds like you showed great will power at your party. I’m sure you’ll have a great trip to Hawaii. It will be a great way to celebrate your maintenance too!

SeminoleGirl – Congrats on your 3 lb loss!! Way to go!!!

Shenanigan – Try taking it one meal at a time and don’t look back. Just think about how good it felt that those pants were much loser today.

Stuck in Grad School – Congrats on breaking the plateau!!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:42 PM   #53  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

dla: Sounds like you've gotten some great advice from the folks on this forum about how to handle your issue with the nasty counselor. Going to the manager should help. Finz is right on: YOU are the customer and are paying for their service. I would think it would be their goal as well as yours to help you succeed. When we sign in, we can write a specific counselor's name next to ours. It might mean waiting a bit longer to get to see one who you feel comfortable with, but it will be well worth it. Our MRC knows about 3FC and encourages us to use it for support (Donuts, Namaste, Cargirl are all from my center).

Finz: Speaking of close to your goal, look at you!!! You will be one of the next ones to hit stabilization!

Shenanigan: I'm glad your pants are fitting better! Your schedule for the next few weeks sounds tough, so planning is going to be the key to making this work. My weekends are usually pretty easy but I have several breakfast and lunch meetings each week, plus a lot of nonprofit events that include a dinner. When I can, I try to find out the menu in advance, then plan accordingly. My routine for Wednesday Rotary meetings is to call the caterer that morning at 10:00 on her cell phone. If the menu includes stuff I can eat, I'm fine. If not, I try to eat my veggies/protein/fruit (whichever isn't going to work with the meal) at work with my HNS right before the Rotary meeting. If it is a menu like lasagna, I eat an MRC bar before I go, then show up a little late and skip the meal. It's been the pre-planning advice from the people on this board that has kept me OP several times, including packing a small cooler with the OP things I can eat (hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks, tomato, etc.) The other thing that helps is chewing sugar free gum. If I have something in my mouth, I'm less likely to do the BLTs that get me in trouble.

SchoonCR has great advice. (Diver down, are you sure you're not a MRC ringer on this board??? You sure know a heck of a lot about how all this should/does work!)

SIGS: Good job on cracking the plateau. I'm sure tomorrow will prove you're sliding back down the scale.

Thanks for all the nice comments on my anniversary. I've updated my avatar and my profile pictures and was amazed to actually "see" the changes. I still see short and chunky (flabby tummy, bat wing arms) when I look in the mirror, so this helps me focus on the overall picture.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 09-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #54  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Wow...after catching up...reading through the rest of the last thread and all the ...40 year anniversary YIPPEE, returning friends, weight losses, great trips, baggy pants... and not so ...scary knives and horrific counselors...I'm emotionally spent! Feel a bit selfish thinking that this cast is kicking my booty! I can barely "wheel" in the door after work. Grateful for the family taking over the loose ends. Haven't lost a thing since my last weigh in (in my bathroom )...just a wee bit paranoid...but looking back at past threads...hopefully this is a plateau...and not just sitting on my booty cuz of my cast!

So...should I "up" my drinks...I'm drinking 2...but know my metabolism must have slowed down drastically...I mean seriously...I can't even set my right foot down. I have been trying to do upper body "bowflex" stuff...just a wee bit out of balance though. Yoga is weird only doing left leg! Ugh...I know this isn't forever...but it is for 4 more weeks! And the dr. thought I'd only need the cast on for 4 total! Short of cutting off my leg...any suggestions?

Last edited by maintainforlife; 09-08-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #55  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone.

Just checking in real quick before I fall asleep. I WI before Vegas and was down 2 more lbs to 126! WOOHOO!!

Of course, I did HORRIBLE in Vegas and was up 4.5 lbs by the time I WI on Thursday. I'll go again tomorrow and hope to be back to 128-129 (was up to 130.5). VERY discouraging to be fighting the same 4-5 lbs for about 2 months now! UGH! We're going to NYC this weekend and I don't know how I'll do. Last time we went (in July) I did pretty well. We walked A TON, rode bikes in Central Park and had my drinks and meal bars (if needed). SOO....I'm hoping I'll do well this time also. I won't stress over it b/c it's the last trip we have until our big trip for Thanksgiving (a cruise).

That's it from me. I took a melatonin and if I don't lay down RIGHT NOW I'll be a zombie all night!

I'll check in after WI tomorrow.

Congrats to all the losers and to Judy for the 40th anniversary! You look great!
Old 09-08-2008, 01:26 AM   #56  
Auntie Weiz

S/C/G: 279/236/150

Height: 5' 2"

RockiHave a grand time in NYC. I haven't been there in years. Congrats! You are getting so close to your goal!

[B][Judy/B] Woo HOO! You look terrific! It is the motivation on this board that I truly love. Even if I don't reply to everyone, just reading them helps me to believe that I too can do this. :

Thanks everyone and have a terrific week. Can hardly believe it is already 9/8 tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:49 AM   #57  
Shannon

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am a glutton for punishment on that scale, ScoonCR. But thanks for the advice. I will do MQ today (I am out of veggies for lunch) and then be totally OP this week until Friday. I did drink flavored vodka and soda. Is that the same breakdown as bourbon? I don't like the bourbon/whiskey family. (Hey, something I DON'T like! )

On another note, do you all drink a HNS with dinner? I remember the counselor telling me NOT to have one at dinner but I could ave one at mid afternoon or after dinner. Now I wonder if that was because I was on one of the earlier menus? Just a thought to help speed up the weight loss.

Have a great Monday!!!

I can do this!!!! I am praying for 171 on Friday!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Thanks for the advice everyone! I am a glutton for punishment on that scale, ScoonCR. But thanks for the advice. I will do MQ today (I am out of veggies for lunch) and then be totally OP this week until Friday. I did drink flavored vodka and soda. Is that the same breakdown as bourbon? I don't like the bourbon/whiskey family. (Hey, something I DON'T like! )

On another note, do you all drink a HNS with dinner? I remember the counselor telling me NOT to have one at dinner but I could ave one at mid afternoon or after dinner. Now I wonder if that was because I was on one of the earlier menus? Just a thought to help speed up the weight loss.

I can do this!!!! I am praying for 171 on Friday!!!!

Nahh on the drinks, I was just throwing out suggestions. Supposedly vodka has the least effect on your metabolism, and should be the dieters drink of choice.

I drink an HNS with each meal, but I have to get in 3, with a max of 5. I usually do 1 with each meal, then 1 mid morning for 4 total in the day. My afternoon snack I take around 4pm holds me over enough til dinner. That way, I am getting protein in around 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 8pm.

If you only get 2/3 HNS, I would space them however makes you LEAST hungry, but maybe always with lunch, due to the fruit.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #59  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post
Just a quick check in as I haven't been on the board for a while. I think I'm finally over my plateau. Went to WI today & was -4.5 lbs. I signed the 30 lb board. Yippee!

Shannon: Sorry about the knife incident. Scary!

dla: Sorry you had a crummy visit. What center do you go to? Omaha or Bellevue?
Down 4.5 that is great!!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #60  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Judy U Look Great!!!!!!

Rocki, No worries it will come off again!!!!! Happy to see you had a great time!!!

Shannon, Girl better be happy u did not lose a foot, hummm I wounder how much a foot weighs??? maybe a pound or 2..... j/k
Closed Thread