Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

Congradts on all of the weight losses. I lost 5lbs last week. But I was up 2lbs this week don't know what happen. But my favorite counsler was there and went over my food sheet. I still keep one to keep me accountable I had Brisket, pasta salad last weekend and she said no no even on maintaince the fat content in the Brisket is higher than lean meats. So I plan on watching that and the pasta salad everything else I was ok. Melanie
Old 09-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Height: 5'6"

Default Checking in...

Hi everyone! Well, I go for my first WI tomorrow...I lost 3.5 after precon...but have just finished my first 6 days on the menus...I'm on blue now, heading for green next. Anyway...I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow morning. I stayed OP all week...only slip was a couple days not getting quite enough water...other days I was way over. SO, maybe it will work out...I will be so disappointed if I don't see some results...I've never been able to do something like this and enjoy it...I have been fine with my menus - all things I like anyway. BUT, it makes me worry that if it isn't MISERABLE then it won't work...hahah.

Congrats to all of you who had losses so far this week...this board is fabulous motivation and I look forward to checking it daily...so, thanks to everyone who participates.

I'll check in after WI...good luck to everyone else who has WI tomorrow!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 PM   #18  
Shannon

Your a women... I thought your place was in the kitchen? (Ducking and running for cover!) KIDDING!!!!![/QUOTE]

SchoonCR:
Your wife is a saint.

Last edited by shenanigan; 09-05-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #19  

Height: 5'5

dla - what happened. I would definately talk to Thea if your upset, she seems really good. I'm sorry you had a negative visit.

Just checking in for a moment, I've been sick off and on all week, the general gist is, I got sick, then the kids got sick, then I got it again. Needless to say this week wasn't the u-turn I had hoped for. The best I can say is that I got all my water in. Anyway, today is the first day feeling a lot better. I plan on making some great choices this weekend. Have a great evening!!!

BTW - anyone have a tip for something to snack on in the car after work. I drive about an hour 10 to get home and just crave a snack. Ideas???

Last edited by thelish; 09-05-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:04 AM   #20  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
meemo Congrats on the unexpected loss! Much better than thinking you're down but go in and you haven't lost
BTW, did you see that our MRC is not offering classes? I'm really glad as I've been wanting to try the "Finding the Connection" class that's been mentioned here so often.

dla Congrats on your loss! What happened at your center to upset you?
I did see that - maybe once things calm down around here I can start going. I have to admit part of my problem right now is that my daughter is here, there are lots of things in the house that wouldn't be here normally, and with stress, etc, I don't always resist as well as I should. Guess I really do need to "Find the Connection"!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
BTW - anyone have a tip for something to snack on in the car after work. I drive about an hour 10 to get home and just crave a snack. Ideas???
Gosh, that stinks! It seems like everyone's kids are at the doctor here, too. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

I like to snack on the .75 - 1 oz cheese sticks or some deli sliced turkey. I need to scale back on the cheese, though. It could be why I'm camping out at 180.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post
Hi everyone! Well, I go for my first WI tomorrow...I lost 3.5 after precon...but have just finished my first 6 days on the menus...I'm on blue now, heading for green next. Anyway...I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow morning. I stayed OP all week...only slip was a couple days not getting quite enough water...other days I was way over. SO, maybe it will work out...I will be so disappointed if I don't see some results...I've never been able to do something like this and enjoy it...I have been fine with my menus - all things I like anyway. BUT, it makes me worry that if it isn't MISERABLE then it won't work...hahah.
HA! I think the first ten days are super difficult and uninspiring, but once you've been on this program long enough, it becomes like second nature in many ways. If you find a way to make it work for you, it will work for you! Glad you are enjoying the menus. Think of a treat for yourself each week. Throughout the summer, I tried to go out for sirloin once a week at a restaurant where I could also get veggies, and that kept me going for a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingforhealth View Post
Congradts on all of the weight losses. I lost 5lbs last week. But I was up 2lbs this week don't know what happen. But my favorite counsler was there and went over my food sheet. I still keep one to keep me accountable I had Brisket, pasta salad last weekend and she said no no even on maintaince the fat content in the Brisket is higher than lean meats. So I plan on watching that and the pasta salad everything else I was ok. Melanie
Oh, man! We may need to consider moving north if that's the case. It's like you are un-Texan if you pass up brisket. Hang in there! Thanks for the reminder about the importance of food sheets into maintenance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Hey everybody I'm back remember me! lol.
Yea! I'm so glad you are back!!! I hope you had a great visit with your family! You'll get those four lbs off in no time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post
Just a quick check in as I haven't been on the board for a while. I think I'm finally over my plateau. Went to WI today & was -4.5 lbs. I signed the 30 lb board. Yippee!
How exciting! I'm so happy for you!

SchoonCR-I'm super impressed by the 14 stories, too!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #22  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Thanks everyone for your concern about my bad visit to the center. There is a certain counselor at the center that is the "tsk, tsk" type. When you have a half pound she literally does the "Tsk, that's sure too bad. You must be doing something wrong."

I have been working 60 - 70 hours per week and when I went in this week I had questions about what to do, because I am not getting much sleep and wanted to know how to distribute my meals, because I am out of energy and can't concentrate. Her solution was to change my menu to one that has less food and then said to eat extra snacks. How is this on program? Is this her program?

Then she spent 10 minutes lecturing me on how you have to eat on plan. Not one minute after telling me that I should just add an extra snack if I am out of energy.

Then she told me that I need to get more exercise. Then I repeated to her that I work 60 - 70 hours a week and I don't have time right now. So she told me to walk the stairs at work. That's a nice thought, but I work in a single story building. So she said to walk them at home. I repeated again...I am working 60 - 70 hours a week. I am not at home.

Then she tried five...yup five...times to take my blood pressure and insisted that the person who had done my measurements the time before must not know what they are doing, because there is no way some of them are right.

Then when she was reviewing my food journal she asked about some of the recipes and then told me that those would probably void my contract since I got them off of 3fatchicks. So from now on I'll just be listing all of the ingredients.

The last straw of the visit came after I ordered five boxes of product and she told me that my contract could be voided if I ordered things online like "those other women" from 3fatchicks. I can see her mentioning it had I not bought anything in weeks.

All of this is after three former bad visits with her.

I may be overreacting, but I don't need her non-helpful attitude in this journey.

Everyone else at the center is fantastic.

Sorry this is so long!!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #23  
dla
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kiddos View Post
Has anyone been to any classes? My center hasn't offered any since I signed up - although they claim to offer at least one class a month on 2 different days/times to make it available to as many people as possible.

Here's to OP weekend for everyone!
I have been to a motivation class that was okay. Our center offers about two classes a week. They don't offer the peer inspiration class though and I think that one would be the most inspirational. They do offer a cooking class each month as well. I am headed to that in a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I am a little nervous because they are big celebrations and 3 weeks in a row of being out of town. One of those weekends is a wedding in Vegas. So it looks like will be extending my contract!

Congrats to everyone who had losses this week. Denise, I am not thrilled with my center either. I am going there because I obviously have a problem with food. DUH! I don't need to be chastised for breaking plan. What happened at your center?
Good luck on your busy weekends. My are about as crazy!

I wouldn't be as irritated with my center if I had actually gone off plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post
I have been fine with my menus - all things I like anyway. BUT, it makes me worry that if it isn't MISERABLE then it won't work...hahah.
I am surprised by the fact that I am not miserable on this plan and it is working for me. Good luck with the weigh in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
Can you do a hard boiled egg? I usually snack on those, string cheese, or low-sodium deli turkey.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #24  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
Thanks everyone for your concern about my bad visit to the center. There is a certain counselor at the center that is the "tsk, tsk" type. When you have a half pound she literally does the "Tsk, that's sure too bad. You must be doing something wrong."

I have been working 60 - 70 hours per week and when I went in this week I had questions about what to do, because I am not getting much sleep and wanted to know how to distribute my meals, because I am out of energy and can't concentrate. Her solution was to change my menu to one that has less food and then said to eat extra snacks. How is this on program? Is this her program?

Then she spent 10 minutes lecturing me on how you have to eat on plan. Not one minute after telling me that I should just add an extra snack if I am out of energy.

Then she told me that I need to get more exercise. Then I repeated to her that I work 60 - 70 hours a week and I don't have time right now. So she told me to walk the stairs at work. That's a nice thought, but I work in a single story building. So she said to walk them at home. I repeated again...I am working 60 - 70 hours a week. I am not at home.

Then she tried five...yup five...times to take my blood pressure and insisted that the person who had done my measurements the time before must not know what they are doing, because there is no way some of them are right.

Then when she was reviewing my food journal she asked about some of the recipes and then told me that those would probably void my contract since I got them off of 3fatchicks. So from now on I'll just be listing all of the ingredients.

The last straw of the visit came after I ordered five boxes of product and she told me that my contract could be voided if I ordered things online like "those other women" from 3fatchicks. I can see her mentioning it had I not bought anything in weeks.

All of this is after three former bad visits with her.

I may be overreacting, but I don't need her non-helpful attitude in this journey.

Everyone else at the center is fantastic.

Sorry this is so long!!
Here is my thought. You need to complain about her to the center manager. If she is the manager, go above her. You know, it took me many years to figure out that I have a problem with food. I am not the most stable person when it comes to the way I view my body and the emotional roller coaster that a gain or loss can send me on. If she has ever had an issue with food (which i would hope she could at least empathize with with if she is a counselor at a "diet" center) then she would understand that our egos are fragile. I don't mean to sound like we are all unstable. But I would bet most of us have cried when we saw ourselves in a picture and thought, "Wow, that cannot be me", or when we step on a scale and cannot believe we have let ourselves get to that point, or when we cannot fit into a pair of pants to go out with our significant other. Her attitude is dreadful and she needs to be checked.

Now that I have stepped down off of my soapbox, I hope you do not let her rule your program. This is a hard program. We are being asked to GIVE UP things we love (not just limit them). So you are doing great, and you need to be told you are doing great! She needs to learn how to give suggestions without criticism. Next time she gives you a "tsk", I would ask her if she went through the program without a slip up, My guess is no.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #25  
dla
Denise

Quote:
Here is my thought. You need to complain about her to the center manager. If she is the manager, go above her. You know, it took me many years to figure out that I have a problem with food. I am not the most stable person when it comes to the way I view my body and the emotional roller coaster that a gain or loss can send me on. If she has ever had an issue with food (which i would hope she could at least empathize with with if she is a counselor at a "diet" center) then she would understand that our egos are fragile. I don't mean to sound like we are all unstable. But I would bet most of us have cried when we saw ourselves in a picture and thought, "Wow, that cannot be me", or when we step on a scale and cannot believe we have let ourselves get to that point, or when we cannot fit into a pair of pants to go out with our significant other. Her attitude is dreadful and she needs to be checked.

Now that I have stepped down off of my soapbox, I hope you do not let her rule your program. This is a hard program. We are being asked to GIVE UP things we love (not just limit them). So you are doing great, and you need to be told you are doing great! She needs to learn how to give suggestions without criticism. Next time she gives you a "tsk", I would ask her if she went through the program without a slip up, My guess is no.
The really interesting part was that I was not off plan at all.

Thanks for your thoughts. It confirms what I was already thinking!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #26  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
The really interesting part was that I was not off plan at all.

Thanks for your thoughts. It confirms what I was already thinking!
Good for you for staying OP! You have lost 19 pounds in 5 weeks. That is awesome!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
SOOOOOOO the bad news - after almost 4 weeks of being OFF plan, I was up 8.5 lbs. UGH! The good news though is that today, after 5 days of being completely OP, I'm down 4.5.

Lesson learned by me - I can't stray off the plan if I want to get this weight off, and even after I get it off I will have to be very careful.
I would consider that good news! All that travel, eating as you please, and really only set back by 4lbs, and I would think even some of that may still be food/water.

Quote:
Your a women... I thought your place was in the kitchen? (Ducking and running for cover!) KIDDING!!!!!
SchoonCR:
Your wife is a saint. [/QUOTE]

I am actually the cook in my family, so I figured I could pull off a kitchen joke.

Went to the Tailgate today, and going back in a few, and resisted all the bad food, but may have some pulled pork later, which isn't all that bad. Will not be at a meal time, so will probably be OP all day, jsut with a few extra ounces of meat at my snack. Hopefully!
Old 09-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/142/139(they say)

Height: 5'5"

HI everyone! Hope this has been a good OP week! I gained 2 lbs after a road trip over memorial day so I'm hoping next week I'll be back down to my goal! (I'm on stabilization)
They took an after picture of me at the party, but I never had a before I was really sad about that!! I did find one where I am not hiding behind someone else. How can I post it?
Old 09-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #29  

Height: 5'5

dla - truthfully I can probably guess who it was. There is one consultant there I refuse to go to, she always tries to sell me something and never give any encouragement for weight lost. Sorry for your experience.

Strawberry - glad to see you back, hope the trip was wonderful and I'm sure the weight will just melt off being back on plan.

Well I'm off, the one kid who wasn't sick this week started throwing up this morning...how long until this virus goes away
Old 09-06-2008, 04:20 PM   #30  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
I would consider that good news! All that travel, eating as you please, and really only set back by 4lbs, and I would think even some of that may still be food/water.

SchoonCR:
Your wife is a saint.
I am actually the cook in my family, so I figured I could pull off a kitchen joke.

Went to the Tailgate today, and going back in a few, and resisted all the bad food, but may have some pulled pork later, which isn't all that bad. Will not be at a meal time, so will probably be OP all day, jsut with a few extra ounces of meat at my snack. Hopefully! [/QUOTE]

Let me guess: You were at the Auburn game? How do you control yourself with all of the beer and tizers? Ok, I swear I am not an alcoholic, but a cold beer and a football game is my favorite thing to do in the fall!
Closed Thread