Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #1  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Default MRC - Take 27

Time for the new thread.

By the way, finally got in yesterday to weigh in & confess my BLT's that have kept me stalled. Then I got on the scale & was down 2 lbs! Surprise! But I'd walked & hadn't eaten - was probably dehydrated! But I took it as a jumping off point & will keep on plan now - I set a 3-week goal, my son-in-law graduates from his training in 3 weeks & I want to be down another 6 lbs by then. That way I'll have a much bigger wardrobe to choose from (in my closet - all the clothes I bought a couple of years ago that aren't looking too cute on my right now). My daughter & I are both trying to lose a few more lbs by then.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #2  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Shannon - I have envisioned the knife thing happening to me many times. You are the first person I know who it actually happened to. I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

I went to WI yesterday and was down 1.5 pounds. I could go on and on about my visit to the center, because it was the WORST visit I have ever had. I am planning to call the manager and talk to her about it once I am not quite so ANGRY.

Everyone is going a great job on the losses!!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #3  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

meemo Congrats on the unexpected loss! Much better than thinking you're down but go in and you haven't lost
BTW, did you see that our MRC is now offering classes? I'm really glad as I've been wanting to try the "Finding the Connection" class that's been mentioned here so often.

dla Congrats on your loss! What happened at your center to upset you?

Last edited by Finz; 09-06-2008 at 12:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #4  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Congrats Meemo on the loss and your son's graduation.

Congrats Denise on your loss, I'm sorry to hear about your visit today, I've had those visit's before, not a good way to go into your weekend. I found resolve in that this board is my main focal point of inspiration, encouragement and education. I have never been scolded by anyone on this board. One thing I think the girls at the center forget is that this is your plan, your body, your life, YOUR CHOICE and you are doing this for you, not for them. You can only do the best you can do.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #5  
Dixie

FINZ what is "Finding The Connection" class about, I'm not sure I recall reading about that.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #6  

Height: 5'10"

Default Checking In

Just a quick check in as I haven't been on the board for a while. I think I'm finally over my plateau. Went to WI today & was -4.5 lbs. I signed the 30 lb board. Yippee!

Shannon: Sorry about the knife incident. Scary!

dla: Sorry you had a crummy visit. What center do you go to? Omaha or Bellevue?
Old 09-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Time for the new thread.

By the way, finally got in yesterday to weigh in & confess my BLT's that have kept me stalled. Then I got on the scale & was down 2 lbs! Surprise! But I'd walked & hadn't eaten - was probably dehydrated! But I took it as a jumping off point & will keep on plan now - I set a 3-week goal, my son-in-law graduates from his training in 3 weeks & I want to be down another 6 lbs by then. That way I'll have a much bigger wardrobe to choose from (in my closet - all the clothes I bought a couple of years ago that aren't looking too cute on my right now). My daughter & I are both trying to lose a few more lbs by then.
Aren't good surprises nice! BLT's --- don't seem that bad for you, if you are using lower carb bread, and leaner type bacon. Damn they sound good right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
meemo Congrats on the unexpected loss! Much better than thinking you're down but go in and you haven't lost
BTW, did you see that our MRC is not offering classes? I'm really glad as I've been wanting to try the "Finding the Connection" class that's been mentioned here so often.

dla Congrats on your loss! What happened at your center to upset you?
Our center has yet to offer a class since I signed up June 25th. Actually, they offered 1 cooking class, which I couldn't attend. I thought they would have 1 weekly, since supposedly we are supposed to attend 6 classes during our 17/24 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post
Just a quick check in as I haven't been on the board for a while. I think I'm finally over my plateau. Went to WI today & was -4.5 lbs. I signed the 30 lb board. Yippee!

Shannon: Sorry about the knife incident. Scary!

dla: Sorry you had a crummy visit. What center do you go to? Omaha or Bellevue?
Great loss nomo!

Yeah, shannon, careful with knives. Ouch. Wear shoes in the kitchen!

I had a good (lucky?) WI today. Was down -3.5lbs! Was real excited about that, because of the 4-5 really off plan meals I had at the beach. I also started lifting heavy weights again last week, and this weekend, so just wasn't expecting to see a loss this week at all. They just said that with excercise, and drinking the protein, maybe my metabolism is just really going!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:23 PM   #8  
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
I had a good (lucky?) WI today. Was down -3.5lbs! Was real excited about that, because of the 4-5 really off plan meals I had at the beach. I also started lifting heavy weights again last week, and this weekend, so just wasn't expecting to see a loss this week at all. They just said that with excercise, and drinking the protein, maybe my metabolism is just really going!
Oh My Goodness life just isn't fair, potato, wings, pizza, you go on vacation and come back to a LOSS? W O W Congratulations SchoonCR
Old 09-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #9  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Wow great losses this week everyone!! Congrats!!! I was glad to be down another 1.5 since Tuesday for a total of 3 this week. Here's wishing we all have great OP weekends!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 187.5/see ticker/149

Height: 5'4"

Awesome losses posted out there this week! Why do the guys always lose so much (SchoonCR - I'm talking about you! ) Not fair! My hubby is about to start his own weight loss/exercise program (I can't convince him to go the MRC route) so they'll be competition at our house. I always get so bummed because he loses more weight more quickly than I do.

Has anyone been to any classes? My center hasn't offered any since I signed up - although they claim to offer at least one class a month on 2 different days/times to make it available to as many people as possible.

Here's to OP weekend for everyone!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Hi everybody! Congrats on all the great losses! I seem to be teetering back and forth right in the 180 range. Sure wish I could dip below 179 and keep going! I need to get my tush moving again--I've been super lax on the exercise and have probably let stress at work get to me just a bit.

Also, just wanted to report that Mrs.Phibes was right on target (as always!) with the DietDirect returns. Some of you may remember that, despite Meemo's warnings, I still absent-mindedly ordered the wildberry meal replacement, not the HNS, from DietDirect. I mailed the meal replacements back about 10 days ago, and a new package with HNS arrived by USPS today in exchange with no charge for the shipping.

Shannon-Hope you are feeling better. I put a knife in the palm of my hand last year while trying to puncture a potato I was about to microwave. It hurt, but truthfully the thought of the knife being in my hand was worse than the actual wound. Have you had a dr check it out?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #12  
Shannon

Thanks for the god vibes about my foot! SchoonCR, I try like **** to stay OUT OF the kitchen. Alas, I must go in there every once in a while. I will remember the shoes rule. Foot is feeling a lot better. Got a tennis shoe on tonight.

So, I went to WI this afternoon and I was up .5. Two Off Plan meals and a lot of alcohol one night last weekend really stayed with me longer than I thought it would. Rats. I guess it could have been worse. I have something coming up every weekend for the next 6 weeks!!!! I am a little nervous because they are big celebrations and 3 weeks in a row of being out of town. One of those weekends is a wedding in Vegas. So it looks like will be extending my contract!

Congrats to everyone who had losses this week. Denise, I am not thrilled with my center either. I am going there because I obviously have a problem with food. DUH! I don't need to be chastised for breaking plan. What happened at your center?

Last edited by shenanigan; 09-05-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Oh My Goodness life just isn't fair, potato, wings, pizza, you go on vacation and come back to a LOSS? W O W Congratulations SchoonCR
It really isn't, I felt bad posting it. I did workout like a madman, and climb the 14 stories to our condo each day, and we walked the beach a lot, so I am assuming all of that certainly helped. I also had a shake for dinner twice since I came back, and those sure leave me feeling satisfied at night, but empty in the morning.

I also skipped my Tues/Wed WI, too cowardly to go back that soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kiddos View Post
Awesome losses posted out there this week! Why do the guys always lose so much (SchoonCR - I'm talking about you! ) Not fair! My hubby is about to start his own weight loss/exercise program (I can't convince him to go the MRC route) so they'll be competition at our house. I always get so bummed because he loses more weight more quickly than I do.

Here's to OP weekend for everyone!
We guys do lose it quicker, much like hair. Men naturally have a higher metabolism (testosterone, more muscle), so a higher protein diet with excercise will have us losing faster than a female.

Also, I am a MUCH bigger person than 90% of everyone in here... I burn a lot more just getting on the treadmill at my weight. Also, if I am a guy losing 4-5lbs a week at 270, thats probably the same achievement as a female losing 1-2lbs a week at 180 or so.

Just sayin!

[QUOTE=shenanigan;2348793]Thanks for the god vibes about my foot! SchoonCR, I try like **** to stay OUT OF the kitchen. Alas, I must go in there every once in a while. I will remember the shoes rule. Foot is feeling a lot better. Got a tennis shoe on tonight.
QUOTE]

Your a women... I thought your place was in the kitchen? (Ducking and running for cover!) KIDDING!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187.5/see ticker/149

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=SchoonCR;2348888]I did workout like a madman, and climb the 14 stories to our condo each day, and we walked the beach a lot, so I am assuming all of that certainly helped.

OMG - 14 stories every day!!! You deserve the loss just for working out that hard!
Seriously - your success with MRC is awesome - and I'd be thrilled just to keep up (proportionally)with you.
When hubs and I have both been trying to lose weight in the past we've agreed to track percentage lost - not lbs - that accounts for the differences in weight, metabolism, etc.

(And -if I had to choose I guess I'd rather lose weight more slowly and keep my hair! )
Old 09-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #15  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Hey everybody I'm back remember me! lol. I've been gone, from this board, about a month now. I went to Alaska for 2 weeks, and to be COMPLETELY honest with you all, I quit MRC about 5 days before I left. Then while I was on my trip, I did not follow any sort of diet at all. When I got back, I barely had 1 day before I had to go back to work, jet lagged and all. So it took me 4 days after I got back before I weighed in, and 3-4 more days after that before I was able to get my grocery shopping done and get back on MRC.

SOOOOOOO the bad news - after almost 4 weeks of being OFF plan, I was up 8.5 lbs. UGH! The good news though is that today, after 5 days of being completely OP, I'm down 4.5.

Lesson learned by me - I can't stray off the plan if I want to get this weight off, and even after I get it off I will have to be very careful.
Closed Thread