Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #91  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back Oreo and Happy belated birthday!
Old 05-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 190/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone - I'm so glad to have found this forum. I joined MRC on March 17th and have had my ups and downs. Although I have lost weight - I have about 30 lbs. to go and I get in those ruts also. Sounds perfectly normal from reading all of these posts.

I have to leave right now but I'll post more tomorrow - I've been on this site for a while but haven't found any MRC participants. I look forward to meeting you all and the support you will all give to me and I to you.

Take care!
Old 05-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default Thanks Bomaze!

Thanks for the encouragement Bomaze!! I think I've read ever diet there is, every healthy way of eating book, W.W. and so forth. I know what is healthy and what isn't, but I'm really thinking I need the structure right now. I think having too many choices in the past is partly what's put me where I'm at now!! My consultation is next Wedsnday. We don't have a full office here, they come once a week to our town. I'm looking forward to it. Looks like you've lost a LOT of weight!! Congrats to you. I"ll let you know how things go. Glad to have found this website.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #94  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
Okay ladies, I need some advice. I will finish my last final tomorrow morning around 11:30. How should I celebrate? The traditional celebration is dinner, drinks and a night out with friends BUT this time I would like to do something just for me to reward myself for finishing my semester strong and for being 13 pounds lighter! Any and all ideas welcome!
Probably too late now, but how about a facial, or a mani-pedi??
And congratulations!

Last edited by Meemo; 05-14-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #95  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
I vote for mani-pedi-facial!!
Come sit by me - I just posted the same thing (I said either/or, but I like your idea even better!)
Old 05-14-2008, 04:45 PM   #96  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

I just want to say "THANKS" to everyone for the encouragment! I really need it right now. So far I am back on plan today, and I am feeling much better about myself. I had a good long talk with my counselor today at WI. It helped to have someone to talk to in person. I am also going to a connections class next Thursday night. You guys don't know how much I appreciate your encouraging words. I have lots of good friends but, I really don't have anyone else I can talk to about my struggles with my weight. I don't feel like my friends really understand!
Old 05-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #97  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Hey everyone. I'm thinking about joining MRC. I've been a W.W. person in the past, but I have GOT to do something to get this weight off. I'm wondering what ya'lls experience is and if you really like it. Does it really work well? Just curious.
Thanks everyone!
It works very well. It isn't always easy, it isn't inexpensive, and it isn't right for everyone (no one program is) but if you need structure & accountability, and you feel better when you restrict your intake of sugar & starch, then this could be your program. They give you the tools to take the weight off & keep it off. Whether you follow through with both is, of course, up to you.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #98  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I haven't gone off program but it's been tough with things like a 7 layer caramel cake that my mom made sitting on the counter!
You're a better woman than I am! That's a huge weakness for me, and I've actually been looking for a recipe for it (they sell wonderful ones at the IGA here in town).
Old 05-14-2008, 05:06 PM   #99  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Quick update... I was down another 1 lb since Monday and am now only 1.5 away from that stinking 40 lb board. I am hoping, hoping, hoping that I can get there by Saturday.

Did I mention I am looking at getting a really good bike? I went bike shopping yesterday and found two that I like quite a bit. One is $330 and the other is $399. EEK! I am only considering spending that much because I really want to get a good one. I went to an actually bicycle store and spoke with the guy for quite a while. Also, since this government check is technically "free" money, I am using that so I can feel less guilty about it.

Ok, back to work. I will catch up on personals tonight!
Old 05-14-2008, 05:06 PM   #100  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

Default Sea Thin

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Plus I think I want to pick up some of that Seathin. I looked at the local health food store but didn't see it there so I guess I will be making a trip to GNC in the mall.
I just bought some SeaThin (same exact as on GNC website) at Walgreen's. It seems to be $39.95 wherever I went.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #101  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I just want to say "THANKS" to everyone for the encouragment! I really need it right now. So far I am back on plan today, and I am feeling much better about myself. I had a good long talk with my counselor today at WI. It helped to have someone to talk to in person. I am also going to a connections class next Thursday night. You guys don't know how much I appreciate your encouraging words. I have lots of good friends but, I really don't have anyone else I can talk to about my struggles with my weight. I don't feel like my friends really understand!
I'll join you - with the kids & grandkids here so much recently, with two trips in two weeks, with things just being totally discombobulated in my life I was using that as an excuse for not walking enough, not eating right, not doing the things I need to do in general. So while I was walking today I kinda gave myself the slap-in-the-face I needed to get myself back on track - no more excuses, work around the disruptions & get yourself back on track!!! (I said to myself.) Gotta get out & get some good veggies for salads, etc, but I'm determined to get myself in line - and both my daughters want to lose their "baby weight", so all three of us are going to be encouraging each other to stay on track.

One daughter & her family are staying with us right now because of their house flooding, the other daughter will be here in a couple of weeks with her husband & new baby, she & the baby will be with us for about 4 months while he's going through some Air Force training about 3 hrs away from us. So our lives will be a little upside-down for awhile, but it'll be fun too.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:40 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 167.5/161/125

Height: 5'4"

WOW I am gone a few days and there is a new thread with 7 pages already!! Can't miss a day here....

Had my third weigh in and down 4.5 lbs - and today is day 10 - I can not wait until tomorrow - I can add other food!!! YEAH!!! Did I mention how happy I am about that?

Welcome GtMerritt....fun supportive little group here. I just found them recently too!

Deb
Old 05-14-2008, 05:59 PM   #103  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

oreoparent Yeah! I'm glad to see you're back and I'm sure you'll be burnin' those pounds up in no time. You were one of my first MRC inspirations back in the single digit takes.
namaste I totally need to do the letter to myself! You are so smart and seem to be so in touch with yourself. I need to let go of alot and I'm jsut scared that I;ll start writing and never stop.
ShineOn Same problem with my daughter, except she's 15. She thought it was cool when I was wearing her old jeans 'cause she is a lot taller thatn me and they were too short for her. Then she saw me wearing them and they were getting too big for me. That's when she started turning into a feeder! She even baked my a red velvet cake as my Mother's Day present-I did have one piece and sent grandma home with half of it. I don't want to hurt her at his very delicate age, but I'm still going to be smaller than her and she still looks great.
donuts more inspiration as usual, I cant wait to eat carrots.
blueyed I'm really glad you're hanging in there. We both seem to go up and down alot.

I'm avoiding my center this week-I gained a bit over Mother's Day and I'm supposed to start stabilization the end of this month. I don't want them to take that away. It's only been 3 weeks since my mom passed away and I had a tough time saying no to all the champagne at brunch on Sunday. The scale a t home says i'm up 5 whole pounds. I'm gonna MetaQuick for a few days and then go in.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #104  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I haven't posted in a while, but there have been some amazing loses and NSV. Congratulations!

Not sure what is going on with me. I was doing great, until this week. I have lost 40 lbs before (twice) and I am getting close to that now, but for some reason I am letting myself slip backward. I seem to do this everytime I begin to make noticable progress.

I know I can't cheat because it just leads to more cheating and then eventually quitting. I know all this, and still I have had small cheats all week and a huge cheat yesterday. I ate a huge piece of coffee cake yesterday and I don't really know why I ate it!

Why do I do this to myself?? Why do I sabotage myself when I have been so good and stayed on plan? My clothes are loser, people are starting to notice....I should be motivated to keep going......but for some reason I just can't stay focused!

I was back OP today, but it was so hard and I wanted to cheat all day........
I am going to WI tomorrow and I dread it! I am going to talk to my counselor about why I am doing this to myself. Maybe she can help.

I am so depressed..........
I am sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. Did you make up a list of reasons why you wanted to lose weight? If not, make one and keep it handy! You have came so far and are doing so great! You should be so proud of yourself! Do they have any meeting at your center that you can go to? It might be a good idea to set up an apt. with one of your favorite counselors and have a good heart to heart! Change can be a scary and hard thing to tackel but I know you can do this!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:25 PM   #105  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyberty View Post
Hello to all,
I also have a few questions to add to the ones above.
I am wanting to go in tomorrow for a consultation at MRC.
I know that they have meal replacements. Do theirs contain soy or soy products? I am sensitive to soy and need to be careful. Also is there a lot of art. sweetners in the food items they sell? I know that this is not like Jenny Craig, but do you purchase their food/meal products. I was reading some of the past post and they are talking about soup mixes from MRC. Is this a meal replacer?
Do you all cook for your families and then cook for yourselves, or can you cook for the whole family? We tend to cook with whole foods and little to no processed foods.
Also I was reading Donuts post today and he spoke on Green Tea, CortiTrim, and Sea Thin. Are these sold by MRC? and what are they?
What does life after MRC look like to those of you who have reached maintenance?

I have been on and off of WW for 3 years and I confess I am a WW failure for not being able to stop eating snacks hear and there and sabotaging everything! I will lose a few and then celebrate!...with food What draws me to MRC is the more one on one counseling. I know I am a big emotional eater and would love some help and insight into this area! But I also feel that for me this is a spiritual issue.... I guess I am pretty discouraged right now.
I know it will not come off all tomorrow but I would just like it to go down consistently and continue to go down! It is also hard to see the weight only go down by half pounds!
Have any of you out there who are on MRC dealt with emotional eating!
Sorry for all the questions, I want to know as much about this from people who have been on it before I go in. I just don't want to fail at another program!
Sorry I did not respond sooner! Hope all went well with your consult today! I am playing catch up on post right now! I am sure most of your questions have already been answered. You have found a wonderful site with a group of insightfull/caring individuals! I think most of us have tried numerous diets. I have tried the mail order nutri system (YUK BTW)! Some of the food was ok I suppose! This is my 3rd shot at MRC. My first was very successful, I lost 65 lbs.. I went through a lot of medical issues and a couple of surgeries (put back on weight plus some)! My second shot was when I first retired from the military, was traveling a lot for work and just did not dedicate myself. This time is going to be my last (my husband and I joined together)! Started towards the end of Mar., I have lost 20 thus far and my hubby has lost 38! I like MRC over most because it is learning to eat/prepare real food which is more realistic to me than throwing a box in the microwave! I wish you luck in whatever you decide!
Closed Thread